Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

"A Very Potter Musical"

Old December 12th, 2008, 9:07 am
Second Year

Re: Harry Potter the Musical? Watch it or Not?

I think I'd melt. A musical would be taking the whole HP thing too far. I might go watch just to grumble about today's society.that's all.

Slytherin and Spectacular
'I'm very brave generally, only today I happen to have a headache' - Lewis Carroll

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2008, 1:31 am
First Year

I'd watch it if the music is speed metal or thrash metal or any of that awesome style.

Nah, I'd watch it as long as it doesn't turn out to be as gay as High School Musical.

The littlest fish, in the greatest whales... Close my eyes for me.
Old December 13th, 2008, 1:41 am
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl View Post
I'd probably be laughing at it the whole time. It's sure to be cheesy. No doubt about that. What would the songs be about? How would they fit in? Oh my goodness! Just imagine Lord Voldemort singing about killing Harry Potter and making horcruxes. That'd be hilarious!
Potter Puppet Pals probably gives the best idea of how this entire idea might turn out..

The Mysterious Ticking Noise!!

THE DUCK.

Old December 13th, 2008, 4:57 am
First Year

I just can't seem to wrap my mind around how that could possible work? At least not as a musical... A theatrical play, maybe, but a musical?
The only musical I can think of is West Side Story... OH great that's a mental image I didn't need, Voldemort dancing around singing "When your a death eater your a death eater all the way From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day...."

Old December 13th, 2008, 5:29 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrewtmaster View Post
I think I'd melt. A musical would be taking the whole HP thing too far. I might go watch just to grumble about today's society.that's all.
OH CHILD!!!!!!

Please. No. More. Musicals!!!

High School Musical 1: A poor effort with annoying music
High School Musical 2: A better effort with bad acting
High School Musical 3: This movie was made for the sake of money. The quality reflects it!

Camp Rock: The worst movie/musical effort I've EVER seen.

Ok, look. Seriously now. I would watch it, because I believe in giving things a fair chance, and Harry Potter rocks. But if this isn't just as good or better than Singing in the Rain ( -- 5 stars) then I'm gonna gag and barf all over this...

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." ~ Mother Teresa

ř ѕ t - ι и - t ι м є...

Old December 13th, 2008, 8:43 pm
First Year

id watch it, maybe....

SOME SAY HES A TRAITOR, SOME SAY HES NOT A GOOD EDWARD (thats my opinion), SOME SAY HE SHOULDNT BE AN ACTOR AT ALL. SO, WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE?
Old December 15th, 2008, 9:40 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglestreasure View Post
Please. No. More. Musicals!!!

High School Musical 1: A poor effort with annoying music
High School Musical 2: A better effort with bad acting
High School Musical 3: This movie was made for the sake of money. The quality reflects it!

Camp Rock: The worst movie/musical effort I've EVER seen.
Can these really be classed as musicals? I think not. Really it's an opportunity to bleed parents dry as their kids demand all the useless merchandise. If there ever was a Harry Potter Musical you can bet your bottom dollar (lol just realised that that's from Annie!) that making money would be number one priority instead of providing quality entertainment.

Slytherin and Spectacular
'I'm very brave generally, only today I happen to have a headache' - Lewis Carroll

Old December 16th, 2008, 2:38 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl
I'd probably be laughing at it the whole time. It's sure to be cheesy. No doubt about that. What would the songs be about? How would they fit in? Oh my goodness! Just imagine Lord Voldemort singing about killing Harry Potter and making horcruxes. That'd be hilarious!
haha.. I laughed at the thread title, I definitely don't think I could take the musical seriously. I just can't picture Harry dancing around on a stage singing about Voldemort... and a dancing, SINGING Voldemort?! I think I'd lose it.

Old December 16th, 2008, 8:26 am
Banned

I would be interested in the music in the Deathly Hallows!! I mean imagine the song ideas for that? Haha.

I would love a Harry singing about Ginny song too!

"There she is in the hallway making out with other boys....Oh Ginny, why do I all of a sudden love you"

Haha

Old December 19th, 2008, 3:18 am
Second Year

Quote:
I would be interested in the music in the Deathly Hallows!! I mean imagine the song ideas for that? Haha.

I would love a Harry singing about Ginny song too!

"There she is in the hallway making out with other boys....Oh Ginny, why do I all of a sudden love you"
I would love that, too. I would like a Ron and Hermione song. Them singing togather would be so sweet!

"It is our choices that show who we truely are, far more than our abilities." -Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, page 333

"After all this time?"
"Always."

Old December 19th, 2008, 5:25 am
Third Year

Now theres a scary thought... Turning Harry Potter series looking like High School Muscial!

Now thats creepy!

Who the Heck Recast?

See my HP music videos at Youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAAm8ogssSU What is behind the Shell?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRqBm52n-8 Is Harry "Good Enough" by Evanescence
Read My Crossover Fanfic: Goblet of Fire
http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=114176
Old December 23rd, 2008, 4:33 am
First Year

Honestly, I would love them to do it just for the sake of DOING it. Just to give it a go and see what happened and what sort of a product came out of it. Even if it wasn't great I think it would be a shame NOT to give it a try. Who knows, it could be terrible, but it could be amazing; there is no way of telling unless they give it a go. :P
(I just had a weird image of Snape performing Thriller in my head )
Like what one poster said earlier about Petunia and Vernon singing and ordering Harry about the house! I can see it so beautifully! Or a little Harry who has just been thrown into his cupboard starts to sing a sad little song only to be interrupted by his Uncle and thrown out to start more chores. He he he!!! I keep hearing "Castle on a Cloud".
There is also the part where Harry is on that island singing "Happy Birthday" to Himself, which could be transformed into a whole song with a sort of Happy Birthday theme but with little additions by Harry!
lol, I'm getting way too excited right now!
Ending post...
Now.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 4:43 am
Don't feed the Noob! (It only encourages them)

No. Just....no.

Committed to Sparkle Motion
Old December 23rd, 2008, 5:56 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauticalAcronym View Post
Honestly, I would love them to do it just for the sake of DOING it. Just to give it a go and see what happened and what sort of a product came out of it. Even if it wasn't great I think it would be a shame NOT to give it a try. Who knows, it could be terrible, but it could be amazing; there is no way of telling unless they give it a go. :P
(I just had a weird image of Snape performing Thriller in my head )
Like what one poster said earlier about Petunia and Vernon singing and ordering Harry about the house! I can see it so beautifully! Or a little Harry who has just been thrown into his cupboard starts to sing a sad little song only to be interrupted by his Uncle and thrown out to start more chores. He he he!!! I keep hearing "Castle on a Cloud".
There is also the part where Harry is on that island singing "Happy Birthday" to Himself, which could be transformed into a whole song with a sort of Happy Birthday theme but with little additions by Harry!
lol, I'm getting way too excited right now!
Ending post...
Now.
Youre right we wont know till someone tries... Heck as far as we know it could be like High School musical and as many dont like it it was a financial success... Much to the chagrin of those that dont like it... In my view after DH we all dont have much to look forward to anymore so if someone came to do a HP ala high school musical its better that nothing right... They just have to make it accurate to make sure us old time fans stay fans.

Who the Heck Recast?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRqBm52n-8 Is Harry "Good Enough" by Evanescence
Old December 23rd, 2008, 3:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullangel View Post
Youre right we wont know till someone tries... Heck as far as we know it could be like High School musical and as many dont like it it was a financial success... Much to the chagrin of those that dont like it... In my view after DH we all dont have much to look forward to anymore so if someone came to do a HP ala high school musical its better that nothing right... They just have to make it accurate to make sure us old time fans stay fans.
I have never seen High School Musical. It seemed... frightening. It wasn't on my list of films to watch, but I should probably see it even if I don't end up liking it. You never know, I might find a gem in there somewhere :P
You are right about the whole DH thing. Once it's out this is over unless people keep trying to do something new and unique with it.
I think the great part about song is that you can add (probably more) detail than in just a straightforward movie. Because in a song you can sing something that normally wouldn't be said out loud. A good example would be when Harry saw Prof. Snape's memories of James. In the movie his feelings about his little expedition into SWM are completely shoved aside and are not even questioned, but in the book (if I recall correctly) Harry was suddenly confused and ceased to idolize his father. I think he even compares his father to Dudley(?) (correct me if I'm wrong I haven't read the book in some time)
So, in a musical, you could mention these character developments without having to SHOW something all the time which is of course the problem (I think) with a lot of the movies. Emotion sometimes seems to get glossed over in the films and this is sort of an interesting way to liberate those thoughts and feelings.
Though, I think it would take someone with a lot of love for the books to get it right and someone who has a firm grasp on the difference between lovely and cheesy.
(And someone who can give Prof. McGonagall a Scottish jig part :P jk!)

Old December 26th, 2008, 9:00 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauticalAcronym View Post
I have never seen High School Musical. It seemed... frightening. It wasn't on my list of films to watch, but I should probably see it even if I don't end up liking it. You never know, I might find a gem in there somewhere :P
You are right about the whole DH thing. Once it's out this is over unless people keep trying to do something new and unique with it.
I think the great part about song is that you can add (probably more) detail than in just a straightforward movie. Because in a song you can sing something that normally wouldn't be said out loud. A good example would be when Harry saw Prof. Snape's memories of James. In the movie his feelings about his little expedition into SWM are completely shoved aside and are not even questioned, but in the book (if I recall correctly) Harry was suddenly confused and ceased to idolize his father. I think he even compares his father to Dudley(?) (correct me if I'm wrong I haven't read the book in some time)
So, in a musical, you could mention these character developments without having to SHOW something all the time which is of course the problem (I think) with a lot of the movies. Emotion sometimes seems to get glossed over in the films and this is sort of an interesting way to liberate those thoughts and feelings.
Though, I think it would take someone with a lot of love for the books to get it right and someone who has a firm grasp on the difference between lovely and cheesy.
(And someone who can give Prof. McGonagall a Scottish jig part :P jk!)
You're quite right and on-to something about this... Now that I think back to school, musicals often work right when a character expressing something... Music alows a character to express inner emitions, like singing a melancholy love song for ginny about the monster in his chest or how they would have to break up... Whatever... In fact I am starting to become a believer... With the right music and songs... Maybe it isnt so Horrific if they patterend it to High School musical... But not cheesy and gay... Maybe a lot like Phantom of the Opera or Moulin Rouge or even Chicago.

Who the Heck Recast?

Old January 3rd, 2009, 9:12 pm
First Year

I love Harry Potter and I love musicals but I don't think there's any way they could condense everything inot 2 acts. I have my own idea for a Potter-inspired musical.

I make my own rules
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:19 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CissyBella View Post
I love Harry Potter and I love musicals but I don't think there's any way they could condense everything inot 2 acts. I have my own idea for a Potter-inspired musical.
C'mon share it! Personally i've been starting to warm up to it, and i see it as a darker version Highschool Musical meets Phantom of the Opera. And I see it as a mini-series.

Who the Heck Recast?

Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:29 pm
First Year

Ok...I tried writing Marauders: the Musical, but the Slytherins kept taking over the plot, so I've changed the title to Dark Mark. It spans the rise and fall of Voldemort.

I make my own rules
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:27 am
Second Year

Uh....no....I mean, a Harry Potter Musical??? That would be....uh...very interesting! funny, at least WEell, i guess mini parts would be okay, but i can't really picture it

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies