Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Which scenes in the DH movie are your favourite?

Old June 7th, 2011, 1:13 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Which scenes in the DH movie are your favourite?

I loved the opening scene where Hermione obliviates her parents' memories. We know from the book that she does it but it was much more intense seeing it happen.

The Ministry scene: I thought the actors who played Runcorn, Cattermole and Hopkirk were stunning! The whole scene managed to be funny and scary at the same time. When Yaxley was following them through the Atrium it reminded me of Terminator 2 - he had that same horrible unstoppability.

The first scene in Malfoy Manor, from "We've saved you a seat" - Voldemort sounding so nice but with a threat underneath it - to Lucius losing his wand - Jason Isaacs again stealing the scene. I was gripped.

Harry at his parents' grave - very moving.

Albus Dumbledore, HBP
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2011, 3:24 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux4 View Post
I loved the opening scene where Hermione obliviates her parents' memories. We know from the book that she does it but it was much more intense seeing it happen.

The Ministry scene: I thought the actors who played Runcorn, Cattermole and Hopkirk were stunning! The whole scene managed to be funny and scary at the same time. When Yaxley was following them through the Atrium it reminded me of Terminator 2 - he had that same horrible unstoppability.

The first scene in Malfoy Manor, from "We've saved you a seat" - Voldemort sounding so nice but with a threat underneath it - to Lucius losing his wand - Jason Isaacs again stealing the scene. I was gripped.

Wow, we have almost all the same favorites!

The opening of this movie was probably actually my favorite part. Even though the Dursley's exit from Privet Drive (& Harry's life, most likely for good) was not the same as in the books, but the expression on Petunia's face was still pretty good. Then Hermione & her parents almost made me sniffle a little (even though I knew it was coming, like you said) because of the way she slowly disappeared from the pictures. Also, Snape's approach to Malfoy Manor was very dramatic, & I liked it, a lot.

Besides that, the scene at The Ministry definitely lived up to my expectations. Even though the actors weren't the same as the descriptions in the book, they way they almost looked like older versions of the characters was quite funny. Ron probably was the best part of the set.

Old June 7th, 2011, 3:36 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux4 View Post

Awww I love all those scenes very sweet, touching, creepy, and sad. The whole movie was amazing. Cant wait for part 2 in July. Its almost here

{Magnolia class 0f 2010}
Ron & Hermione Forever
Old June 7th, 2011, 9:21 pm
Third Year

Probably Hermione obliviating her parents' memories. That was so sad.

I thought Emma's acting was brilliant when she was tortured by Bellatrix. That scene was intense.

Harry and Hermione's dance was sweet and funny. To me it didn't even seem to imply any romantic level, which was really good. It just looked like a tender moment between two close friends.

[center]SEEING OTHER PEOPLE
~Rose and Scorpius' story about love~
Old June 8th, 2011, 4:13 am
First Year

"I knew Ginny was lying about that tattoo"

Old June 8th, 2011, 11:26 am
Second Year

Let's see.. DH Part I has been my favorite of the films so far, so naturally I loved all of it and have a lot of favorite scenes, but these are my top ones:

- Hermione erasing her parents' memories. So sad. T_T
- Snape, Voldemort, etc, at Malfoy Manor. Such a creepy scene!
- The Seven Potters. Completely enthralling and breath-taking! Just how I imagined from the book.
- Godric's Hollow. So emotional.
- The Silver Doe. This was just how I imagined as well. Has always been one of my favorite scenes in the book, and it was perfect on film.
- Malfoy Manor and Dobby's death. Emotional and very well acted. Loved it!

"Where are you now? Are you lost? Will I find you again? Are you alone? Are you afraid? Are you searching for me?"

~Proud Ravenclaw!~
Old June 9th, 2011, 2:09 pm
First Year

Hermione's Parents..."Maybe we should just stay here, Harry...grow old."
The Death of the House-elf
Godric's Hollow Graveyard

Old June 9th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabior View Post
Hermione's Parents..."Maybe we should just stay here, Harry...grow old."
I loved that line - so sad!

[center]SEEING OTHER PEOPLE
~Rose and Scorpius' story about love~
Old June 13th, 2011, 8:01 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabior View Post
"Maybe we should just stay here, Harry...grow old."
</3

this too. It makes me sad every time I watch it. It such a small, beautiful scene. I love the HHr friendship. It makes me jealous haha even if it is only fictional.

Old June 13th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Registered Animagus

I like how you can see some of the other characters in the background of the poster. If this is what is on the dvd then i am sure it will be fine there. I like the trio running on the DH1 dvd. It is a fine poster.

Old June 13th, 2011, 9:16 pm
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

I have quite a few since I thought this was one of the best of the films since Sorcerer's Stone:
  • Hermione erasing her parents' memories...it was so sad.
  • "Fleur's" "Don't look at me. I'm 'ideous."
  • The twins trying to ease the tension.
  • From the time Severus flies in and enters Malfoy Manor until just before Nagini crawls up the table and jumps at the screen. All of Snape's, Voldemort's, and Lucius' scenes during that part were fantastic.
  • The wedding, but there wasn't enough shown of it. Fleur's dress was gorgeous.
  • The scene in the graveyard where Harry finds his parents' graves and Hermione conjurs a wreath for him.
  • Harry and Hermione's dance. That was so touching.
  • All of the scenes with Dobby.
  • The Silver Doe.
  • Ron destroying the Horcrux.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old June 13th, 2011, 9:55 pm
Third Year

My favorite scenes in DH are:

1.) Snape arriving at Malfoy Manor.

2.) When the others were changing into Harry after drinking the Polyjuice potion...especially when George and Fred looked at one another and announced that they were identical

3.) The Silver Doe appearing in the Forest of Dean

4.) Kingsley's patronus warns the wedding party that the Ministry has fallen and the DEs were coming...made chills run down my spine

5.) Dobby's burial...brings tears to my eyes each time

Pottermore Profile:
OwlPurple114
House: Ravenclaw
Wand Specifics: 12 1/4 in...Cedar...Phoenix Feather...Unbending

Proud Member of the House of Ravenclaw
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:44 pm
Fifth Year

- The infamous dance scene
- Obliviate & Hermione talking about her parents and how everything has changed
- Hermione almost caught by snatchers
- The Three Brothers animation
- Godric's Hollow
- First Malfoy Manor scene

Old June 18th, 2011, 12:53 pm
Third Year

I liked the hole Godrics Hollow scene
7 Potters was great
Destruction of the Horcrux was cool
Hermione wiping her parents memories

Old June 19th, 2011, 3:26 am
First Year

The best parts I always want to repeat again every time I re-watch the movie are:

Everything in the MoM is fantastic. Since the moment the characters of Harry, Ron and Hermione change into ministry officials, the whole scene plays perfect. The actors who portray the trio are all spot on; they couldn’t have picked better candidates. Harry as Runcorn is not only funny when needed, but also shows very good emotions when necessary. The way he looks over the flyers of the wanted members of the Order, it’s like seeing the real Harry’s emotion of sadness. Ron as Mr. Cattermole is perfect, his facial expressions and comic timing when worried about his wife, and having to flush down the toilet is like seeing the real Ron, just perfect. The scene as a whole is fantastic, even until then all transformed to their real selves is flawless. The trio escape has the perfect timing and sense of urgency. I think what makes it even better is the following scene of the trio in the forest and Hermione desperation of Ron being splinched. Emma is great is that scene, her voice practically breaking up in panic and horror of the situation completes the scene in a notch.

The dance between Harry and Hermione, even thought not in the book, is perfect in the movie version. It is very moving and sad, seeing both friends immersed in total isolation and complete sadness because of Ron leaving. The acting is superb, and the timing in the film couldn’t have been better. The music complements the feeling of loneliness and solitude. I see this inclusion by the filmmakers as trying to show a little break of all the darkness in the film, to have two teenagers loosing themselves and being kids again for their last time; because as soon as the song ends they are forced back to their reality representing the end of innocence and having to face the danger of the real world they are forced to live.

Old June 19th, 2011, 8:54 am
First Year

Honestly, DH is one of my favorite movies, part 1 at least (and I hope part 2 also) and I'm very picky about films...the reason is because it is so close to the book (minus the whole Kreacher/Dobby thing), but yeah since DH is my favorite book, it's just incredible. I love EVERY part of DH P1.

Old June 21st, 2011, 10:37 pm
First Year

I really liked the destruction of the Horcrux scene. It was so intense, and I loved how they added the spiders that crawl over Ron when it says "...and I have seen your fears." Also, I loved the attack at Godric's Hollow with Nagini. It was so incredible that they could have the CGI snake interact with Harry, but of course, it's Harry Potter, they'd easily be able to do it. However, as much as I would have liked to have seen the flashback of Hallowe'en night, 1981, it was very satisfying. And finally, I thought the battle over Little Whinging was great. Hedwig's death was so sad, and how Voldemort just lost it when Harry got away... Lol.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies