Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Where's Peeves?

Old February 8th, 2011, 12:03 am
First Year

Re: Where's Peeves?

I think that the director thought that Peeves is not an important character to be in part of films. I like him. He has good humour and mischief. It woula have been awesome to see Peeves in films cos he would light the audience up.

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:14 am
Fifth Year

I think they didn't bother with CoS because if he was absent from PS, it just wouldn't make sense to add him into CoS.

Old February 8th, 2011, 12:20 am
Second Year

Peeves would have been a great comedy addition to the films but they are fine without him.

Old February 8th, 2011, 1:20 am
Third Year

The only Peeves moments I really loved from the books that I would have loved to see translated to film are 1) Fred and George telling him to give Umbridge hell for them and 2) him assisting in the Battle of Hogwarts. I loved that Peeves who was always just a nuisance and so annoying was assisting and helping to defend the castle. I just love the Battle of Hogwarts...

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:13 am
First Year

I, personally would have thought that they should have included him at least in the 5th movie, because of the whole Fred and George leaving and telling him to 'give her hell' when they are gone. I thought that was going to be a good part for him. Other than that, it doesn't really bother me that he isn't there..

Old June 5th, 2011, 4:20 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taquiq View Post
Peeves would have been a great comedy addition to the films but they are fine without him.
I suppose this pretty much sums up my opinion on Peeves being missing. Honestly his character even annoyed me a little in the books, so the fact that he was missing from the movies did not bother me too much. I mean, in fim his scenes would probably have been funny, but they honestly aren't that important. This kind of goes along with the whole "where's Winky?" thing, because her character (& all the subplots invovling her & the house elves being at Hogwarts altogether) was left out.

Old June 6th, 2011, 4:35 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLapin View Post
I suppose this pretty much sums up my opinion on Peeves being missing. Honestly his character even annoyed me a little in the books, so the fact that he was missing from the movies did not bother me too much. I mean, in fim his scenes would probably have been funny, but they honestly aren't that important. This kind of goes along with the whole "where's Winky?" thing, because her character (& all the subplots invovling her & the house elves being at Hogwarts altogether) was left out.
Winky's character, though, was important for understanding the plot in GoF, at least Barty Crouch Jr.'s story. Peeves, on the other hand, was just a superfluous character- non essential to the storyline.

If he should have been in any movie, OotP would have been it. He has a sort of "special" moment with Fred and George and, really, it would have been quite comical to see him torturing Umbridge!

I did quite miss his song to Harry in CoS; I always found that hilarious.

Overall though, I'm not fussed about his absence. His character did annoy me a little bit in the books just because I didn't really think throwing water balloons at soaking wet kids was all that funny. (But then, I really don't have much of a sense of humor, hah.)

Hufflepuff Pride
Old June 6th, 2011, 6:06 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I like Peeves. I wish he was included. and in POA, have Lupin shoot the wad of gum up Peeves' nose, and dropping water balloons on soaking wet kids made sense, they were all ready wet!

Old June 6th, 2011, 8:40 pm
First Year

Even though he was an annoyance in the books, I feel as though Peeves could have been a nice addition to the movies solely for comedic relief in some areas.

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:17 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastiiclove View Post
Even though he was an annoyance in the books, I feel as though Peeves could have been a nice addition to the movies solely for comedic relief in some areas.
That's kind of what I'm trying to say. He's not vital by any means (& personally in the books I don't like his character at all, except for in OotP because he actually does something not totally ignorant), but I think he would have come off less annoying & more funny in film than he did in print. Physical humor in books doesn't have the same effect on me as it does actually being seen.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies