Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Best acting performance in each movie

Old December 10th, 2006, 2:31 am
Second Year

Re: Best acting performance in each movie

SS: Alan Rickman

COS: Christian Coulson and Jason Isaacs

POA: David Thewlis, Gary Oldman, Emma Watson (her best)and Dan Radcliffe (he was so natural in this one).

GOF: Ralph Fiennes

Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2006, 3:09 am
Fourth Year

Wow, you're asking for the BEST Performance in each movie. Well, that's a hard one.

1. PS--ALAN RICKMAN. He's fabulous as Snape. I LOVED the lecture he gave during the first Potions Lesson. He had my attention the moment he flung open the door and started his speech. He maintains your attention by merely talking in a low voice and has all the kids' attention as well. He doesn't have to project his voice to make the kids in the back hear him. He maintains their attention through his movements. You're convinced he's really a Teacher. The way he looks out the corner of his eye at Harry who's writing down "Bewitch the Mind" you know there's going to be trouble. When he says "NOT pay attention" you feel as if he's THE Teacher who's not to be messed with.
Tom Felton when he raises his eyebrows when Snape says "Stopper in Death". His expression is priceless. You can tell exactly what he's thinking. He looks at Snape as if he's the coolest guy in the world. He also plays the role of a Spoiled little Slime Ball perfectly. When he tattles on The Trio thinking he's yet again kissed up to a Teacher and will be rewarded for being a noble Student. When McGonagall says "all four of you will be having Detention..." the look on his face is again priceless. He's like "WHAT, but I CAUGHT them outside the school'. The way he tries to weasel his way out then pouts because his "noble act" didn't keep him out of trouble.
Rupert Grint was perfect as Ronald Weasley. Emma Watson was perfect as that annoying, bossy Know-it-All.

2. COS: Kenneth Brannaugh as Gilderoy Lockhardt. He had me in stitches as the arrorant DADA Teacher. The way he acted like Lockhardt thought he was as appealing as a Rock Star was great. The way he chickened out and played the real Lockhardt, a real air head was priceless.
Did I say Alan Rickman? When he reads the kids the Riot Act and says "Silence" again, priceless.
Rupert Grint: His facial expressions alone made me giggle.
Jason Isaacs was FABULOUS as Lucius Malfoy. He could have easily played an Elf in LOTR, he's that sexy as Lucius Malfoy. But, you can't help but dispise him. In the movie Extras, you understand why Draco is the way he is. You want to reach through the screen an trip him with his own cane when he is on the screen. I love his facial expression when he is blasted through the air by Dobby.
Chris Coulson: EXCELLENT as Tom Riddle--you just want to reach through the television and wipe that smug smile off his face. I honestly didn't realize he was 25 or so when he played Riddle--he's so young looking. Plus his arrogance as Riddle is amazing. I really, really want him to play Riddle in HBP.
3. Again the Great ALAN RICKMAN. The way he played Snape going loco in The Shrieking Shack was awesome. It's my favourite scene in POA. He finally has the one-up on Sirius Black and he's going to enjoy every minute of it. The way he says "Experliarmus" and then "Oh, vengeance is sweet..." and "give me a reason, I BEG you" is priceless and as a Woman, dare I say sexy.
.David Thewlis is definitely the coolest DADA Teacher Hogwarts' has had. He is so good, you wish he was your Teacher in your worst Subject. Somehow you get the idea that he would make it fun, therefor easy to master. He'd make you want to get up in the morning. He'd be the Teacher who class ALL the kids would sign up for. Even if you were still having problems, he'd inspire you to master it. He also makes Lupin very likable and trustworthy.
Gary Olman. He's fabulous as Sirius Black. Especially in the Shrieking Shack when he becomes a little kid fighting in the Sand box with Snape.
4. GOF--that's a hard one. It's my least favourite of all four movies. As for favourite performances I'd say The Phelps Twins. They kept me in stitches when they said "Babbling, Bumbling Bunch of Babboons" and whistle wen Ron is dancing with Professor McGonagall.
Again, Alan Rickman. When Dumbledore is soothing Harry, Snape comes up and silently puts his hand on Dumbledore's shoulder. The man doesn't need to speak to convey his thoughts. He could sit silently and not say a word and still speak volumes. When he and Harry are in his Potions' closet and he says "Know what this is?" as if he again has the one up on Harry. But when he says "My Hand might just SLIP" the way he says Slip is priceless.

I TRUST Severus Snape!!!!

Last edited by Leslie33; December 10th, 2006 at 3:12 am.
Old December 10th, 2006, 1:39 pm
Sixth Year

PS/SS:
1st: Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid
2nd: Rupert Grint as Ron
3rd: Alan Rickman as Snape

CoS:
1st. Kenneth Branagh as Lockhart
2nd. Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy
3rd. Shirley Henderson as Myrtle

PoA:
1st. David Thewlis as Lupin
2nd. Daniel Radcliffe as Harry
3rd. Michael Gambon as Dumbledore

GoF:
1st. Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort
2nd. Brendan Gleeson as Moody
3rd. Rupert Grint as Ron

Old December 10th, 2006, 2:41 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I almost completely agree with that list, FaceofBoe but I'm just going to list my first choice for adults and the young actors.

1. PS/SS: Adult: Alan Rickman; Youngster: Rupert Grint
2. COS: Adult: Jason Isaacs; Youngster: Rupert Grint
3. POA: Adult: David Thewlis; Youngster: Daniel Radcliffe
4. GOF: Adult: Alan Rickman; Youngster: Rupert Grint

Cheers

Old December 11th, 2006, 9:29 am
Sixth Year

I'm going to put my answer into two categories because I don't think it's fair to compare the acting of the kids to the acting of seasoned adult actors/actresses.

Best acting performance by a kid in each movie...

Sorcerer's Stone - Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
Chamber of Secrets - Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
Prisoner of Azkaban - Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
Goblet of Fire - James and Olvier Phelps as the Fred and George Weasley

Best acting performance by an adult in each movie...

Sorcerer's Stone - Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid
Chamber of Secrets - Kenneth Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart (major character) and Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy (minor character)
Prisoner of Azkaban - Gary Oldman as Sirius Black and Emma Thompson as Prof. Trelawney
Goblet of Fire - Brendan Gleeson as Mad-Eye Moody (major character) and David Tennant as Barty Crouch Jr. (minor character)

Last edited by Pumpkin Juice; December 11th, 2006 at 9:32 am.
Old December 26th, 2006, 4:00 pm
Second Year

First - Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane
Second- Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane
Third- Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane
Forth- Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane

The best actors in the series.
And lockhart, barty crouch jr, wortmail in GOF and moody were excellent too.

Old December 27th, 2006, 1:34 am
Sixth Year

S.S: adult-Dumbledore (dont know his name) student-All three of the trio did fine!
CoS: adult-Maggie Smith, or Alan Rickman student-Rupert Grint
PoA: adult-Robbie Coltrane student- Emma Watson and Rupert Grint (Dans acting starts to slide here)
GoF: adult- Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Skeeter(forgot who played her) student-Rupert Grint

OotP: Ill guess Alan Rickman for best adult and Evanna Lynch and Mathew Lewis for students

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart

Last edited by potterposse; December 27th, 2006 at 1:38 am.
Old December 28th, 2006, 3:26 am
First Year

SS: Richard Harris (Dumbles) - I absolutely adored Harris as Dumbledore, quite a shame.
COS: Harris or Kenneth Branaugh (Gilderoy Lockhart) - Again, Harris had a great, stand-out performance that I associate to dear Albus. Branaugh gave a great arrogant feel to the role of Lockhart which is how it was meant to be. I also loved his acting once he wiped his one memories. Brilliant.
POA: Emma Watson (Hermione) and Gary Oldman (Sirius Black) - I thought Oldman gave a great sense of insanity, which is, of course, how Sirius is meant to be portrayed for the early parts of POA. I think this is Watson's greatest performance.
GOF: So many. The roles of Voldemort and Moody were filled perfectly, though that isn't how I portrayed Moody in appearance. Voldemort however was brilliant, and really brought the evil to the table. Also, whoever played Krum and Cedric were nice. I don't know who played Barty Crouch Sr either, but he was great.

Old December 29th, 2006, 11:22 pm
First Year

PS- Alan Rickman
CoS- Alan Rickman
PoA-Alan Rickman
GoF- Alan Rickman or Miranda Richardson

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods." ~Stephen King
"He'll be famous...there will be books written about Harry - every child in our world will know his name!" ~MM
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:29 am
First Year

This is a good thread idea, let's see...

PS
1. Alan Rickman - the other actors were fabulous, but none of them nearly as good as him
2. Richard Harris - fantastic job by him; wonderful!
3. Richard Griffiths - I've always loved Uncle Vernon and Griffiths paid justice to that role, yes, he did!

CS:
1. Kenneth Branagh - ain't NOBODY as awesome as Gilderoy Lockhart; Branagh stole this movie and destroyed all my ribs while doing it
2. Alan Rickman - he's just so awesome
3. Jason Isaacs - Lucius Malfoy is so wonderfully evil and sexy that I can barely believe it; had a tough time between him and Rickman, I did

PA:
1. David Thewlis - he is Lupin, nuff said.
2. Alan Rickman - tough choice between him and Thewlis, but Thewlis was just so EXACTLY Lupin...
3. Gary Oldman - man, he rocked! I love Sirius

GF:
1. Alan Rickman - there was no Lupin, nor Lockhart, so Snape ruled the movie!
2. Jason Isaacs - very small role, but I enjoyed it heaps! Lucius rocks!
3. Robert Pattinson - exactly Cedric; he was awesome!

Old January 2nd, 2007, 3:07 am
Student

PS-Alan Rickman, Richard Harris
CS-Alan Rickman, Jason Issacs
PA-Alan Rickman
GoF-Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes

Old January 2nd, 2007, 7:38 am
Conquering Reading Lists

PS:
Adult:Robbie Coltrane
Youngster:Emma Watson
COS:
Adult:Kenneth Branagh
Youngster:Tom Felton........
POA:
Adult:Emma Thompson,Gary Oldman
Youngster:Emma again
GOF:
Adult:Ralph Fiennes,Miranda Richardson(Rita Skeeter).........she WAS Rita
Youngster:Robert Pattinson.........though he didn't have much screen-time he presented the exact Cedric,which is the big challenge,and it helps that he looked GORGEOUS!

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Old January 2nd, 2007, 8:01 am
First Year

PS/SS: Adult - Alan Rickman as Snape...there is just no one who could play the role so well
Youngster- I would have to say Rupert Grint as Ron...i think he's the best of the trio

COS: Adult - Either Alan Rickman or the guy who plays Lockhart...oooh or maybe Jason Isaacs...(so hard to choose!)
Youngster - Rupert Grint

POA: Adult - David Thewlis (SO Lupin), Gary Oldman and once again, Alan Rickman
Youngster - I would have to say this was Emma Watson's best performance

GOF: This being my least favourite...it is a bit hard to say, but i guess....
Adult - The person who plays Rita Skeeter, as annoying and cruel as she is, you've got to love her
Youngster - The Phelps twins...especially when ron is dancing with Professor McGonagall

"One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

Old January 2nd, 2007, 7:52 pm
Fifth Year

SS: Adult: Alan Rickman
Kid: Emma Watson
CoS: Adult Kenneth Branagh
kid: Rupert Grint
PoA: Adult David Thewlis
kid: Emma Watson
GoF: Adult Miranda Richardson
Kid The Phelps Twins

Old January 3rd, 2007, 6:23 am
First Year

PS/SS: Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid/Richard Harris as Dumbledore
CoS: Kenneth Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart
PoA: Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter/Gary Oldman as Sirius Black
GoF: Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter/Michael Gambon as Dumbledore/Brendan Gleeson as Mad-Eye Moody/Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort/Emma Watson as Hermione Granger

Old January 3rd, 2007, 2:37 pm
First Year

Philosopher's Stone - Alan Rickman definitely. He introduced Snape's character so perfectly and I could instantly recognise him as the character the J.K.Rowling had dreamed up. And I love the smirk he makes; exactly like the books.

Chamber of Secrets - Dobby. Okay, he isn't an actor but he was fantastically created and matched the books description really well. Choosing someone not CG, however...that would be Kenneth Branaugh as Lockhart. He was brilliant and so funny! A perfect choice.

Prisoner of Azkaban - Tom Felton as Draco. I thought he had improved so much since the first two films and he acted the scene with the punch so well. I loved how,for the first time, we got to see Draco in total fear and he played that scene fantastically.

Goblet of Fire - Tough. I really liked Rupert Grint's performance when he got really jealous of Harry, mainly the part where Harry had just been called as a Champion and Ron glared after him. I thought that part was really really good and showed how the characters had changed over the films. Also, Emma Watson was very good at the Yule Ball.

Old January 4th, 2007, 5:00 pm
First Year

Philosiphers Stone: Emma Watson,Richard Harris, Allan Rickman
Chamber of Secrets: The guy that plays Lockheart.....(the name slipped my mind)
Prisoner of Azkaban: Gary Oldman
Goblet of Fire: Danielle Radcliff,Robert Pattinson

Old January 15th, 2007, 6:29 pm
Seventh Year

PS/SS: Definately, Alan Rickman, Richard Harris
CoS: Kenneth Branagh, Christian Coulson (imo, he did a pretty god job at plaaying tom riddle), Jason Isaacs (I know he didn't do much, but he still was convincing, and ofcourse Richard Harris
PoA: Daniel Radcliffe, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Emma thompson!
GoF: Hated everyone -_-

"The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose" - Heda Bejar
GLORY GLORY MAN UTD
Old February 3rd, 2007, 2:37 pm
First Year

Ahh...hard for me to say....I thin kthe 3 main were excellent especially in the 1st 2 because they were so YOUNG! Oh my gosh....I could'nt believe it!

Ok....let's see......
PS/SS: Ahh...I'd have to say Emma Watson was great. Like someone else said many posts before that this is where she was most "Hermione-ish". I miss it!
CoS: Rupert I think was the best here. His facial expressions were EXCELLLLENNTT!!!! Highlighting the scenes with the polyjuice potion and the recurring puking of slugs! (He actually had to eat orange gummy worms for that! Then they sort of rewound it and used it!! SO COOL!
PoA: Sirius was excellen (sorry don't know the name of the actor) and I think that Remus was also really good. This is one of Dan's best.
GoF: Dan's best yet in some ways only though. Made-Eye was great.

I wish that Chris Colombus was still directing!! The other directors (I'm really sorry) suck compared to him! They twist up the story. E.g. harry was supposed to get the firebolt like halfway through the PoA - not the end.

And I really miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore.

C:\Documents and Settings\Suzanne\My Documents\My Pictures\random.jpg
Old February 3rd, 2007, 3:11 pm
Second Year

Made-Eye?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies