Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Harry Potter TV series

Old June 17th, 2007, 6:10 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Harry Potter TV series

i think it would be really bad. i dunno it just would be worse. it would be one fo those things where you like it but then it gets boring..a bit like soaps. i prefer the films...

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2007, 9:21 pm
First Year

I think it would be neat at first, but then like all series ideas would run out and people would get confused.

Much like fanfiction, ideas could clash with statements made in the book.

Although, I would love to see some of the characters that they neglected to place into the movie. Hehe. >=]

I wanna see Winky!!!

Old June 18th, 2007, 6:57 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPKatina View Post
I think it would be neat at first, but then like all series ideas would run out and people would get confused.

Much like fanfiction, ideas could clash with statements made in the book.

Although, I would love to see some of the characters that they neglected to place into the movie. Hehe. >=]

I wanna see Winky!!!
I think it would ultimately spoil the books, but I agree I would love to see more of the characters that were neglected in the movies in order to cut down the running time. I think if a series was ever made it should be treated with respect, rather like how Ricky Gervais made The Office in England. A couple of series of top-class revolutionary writing and then not spoil it by dragging it out for 9 seasons.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Emma Watson

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old June 18th, 2007, 7:05 pm
First Year

I, too, doubt that they would make a TV series about it. But I think it woudl be amazing. I love the books, so much more than the movies, and yes, the movies do leave quite a bit of detail, plot and depth out. I would love if they made a tv series, just to include everything, that would be one TV series I wouldn't think twice about spending my money on (to get the series on DVD).

The one thing though, that I am grateful for when it comes to the movies, is that it helped in the beginning visualizing the characters. I have always been an avid reader, but I got the books when I was 12 (and I remember I couldn't prounounce Hermione, and Kept calling her (in my head) Hair-my-ney, *****). As the fourth, fifth, and sixth, now the seventh books come out the movies generally annoy me becuase I can visualize what I want, and when I see it in a movie it takes away my imagination. Like looking at previews for the Fifth movie, that is definately not how I imagined Umbridge, or Luna.

For the movies though, they did choose great actors, and it's a believable story, as far as talent goes.

On a side note, one thing that bothers me is when people want to discuss Harry Potter in depth with me, when all they have done was see the movie, and never read the book. :P

Old June 18th, 2007, 7:10 pm
Second Year

idk, if it was a tv show the sp fx wudnt be as good....

Old June 18th, 2007, 7:11 pm
Second Year

I always wanted this when I was a little kid, but I really don't think it would work. Harry Potter may have been written in 6 books and so is somewhat episodic, but you can't go and take a book and divide it in parts again. It'd also be hard to balance it between an adult and a child audience.

Old June 18th, 2007, 7:14 pm
First Year

It's ridiculous. I would never want this to happen

Old June 18th, 2007, 10:00 pm
First Year

don't hold your breath.

"You know quite well, deep within you, that there is only a single magic, a single power, a single salvation...and that is called loving. Well, then, love your suffering. Do not resist it, do not flee from it. It is your aversion that hurts, nothing else." Hermann Hesse

Last edited by PHOENIX_ENFLAME; November 13th, 2008 at 2:07 am.
Old July 4th, 2007, 5:17 pm
Second Year

I think that would probably be really bad.
They did that for Cruel Intentions, and it was awful!

Jo

'I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick'
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:36 pm
Third Year

When I first read this, I suddenly imagined Harry Potter with a laugh track and a bad "that 70s Show"-ish set.

It would be pretty good if they did like Made for TV movie instalments but as Imacheeto points out:

Quote:
idk, if it was a tv show the sp fx wudnt be as good....
which is very very true. I think the movies, however less faithful they may be, are still the best avenue.

One door, one key, one idea...one big mess.
The Phenomenon Begins
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:46 pm
First Year

For me, it seems that they've watered the books down alot for the films. It's not only the fact that they've omitted things that really shouldn't have been omitted, but it's the portrayal of some of the characters and situations themselves. I don't find Snape to be as sinister as I'd like and I find Draco to be in the films more for comic value, which has especially annoyed me due to things that happen in HBP. I think it could be done excellently if it were to be done in a vein similar to the last three series' of Doctor Who - in that it could be violent and in places pretty scary (for a younger audience), but still be enjoyed generally as a family show.

Old July 4th, 2007, 11:03 pm
First Year

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea. I think it'd be much better on TV then in movies. It's not going to happen though (at least not for a few decades, I'd guess).

By order of the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts, there will be no spoiling Deathly Hallows. All students must join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Old July 5th, 2007, 5:08 am
First Year

An animated series would be great. But only if the animations were done by Genndy Tartakovsky. Wikipedia him to see his work.

Old July 5th, 2007, 7:00 am
Second Year

it would only be good if it wasnt about harry potter but it was about a wizard who goes to a wizard school and all of his girl problems and growing up issues. we could call it "wizard meets world" or"W.I.Z.A.R.D.S." but if it were about the books it would be lame.

i love it!
Old July 26th, 2007, 7:26 pm
First Year

Would any like a TV series based on the HP World

I was just wondering if people would be interested in a TV series based in the HP World, not Harry Potter but a different set of kids going to Hogwarts and their school days there. You could have a growing evil in the world that would be to basic subplot with minor plots for episodes and each year of school could be a season. Just peoples thoughts.

Old July 27th, 2007, 3:24 am
First Year

think animated series... er... a faithful animated series

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:23 am
First Year

the books and movies are the way to go, a series would just cripple the characters, besides doing a series (tv) wouldn't make the anticipation as great. The movies do the book justice and the Books will always be better then anything they could ever come up with in Hollywood anyhow....
Thanks JKR for making such a wonderful book series

Old July 27th, 2007, 11:21 pm
First Year

I also think that an animated series about other kids going to Hogwarts would be cool for a younger audience. I don't think they should do anything with the trio, but maybe other witches and wizards, from other families. I'm not very creative so I can't really think of what any of the magical plots could be, but if done well, it could be interesting.

As far as any other kind of HP series, I think it might be kind of corny, for lack of better word. To me the books are very in-depth and serious and I just can't see a TV series being as thorough as JKR's writing or the movies.

Old July 27th, 2007, 11:25 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_brademort View Post
I think Harry Potter would be so much better portrayed as a high-budget TV series, as opposed to a two-and-a-half hour long movie for each book.

The TV series could have a chapter or two in each episode, that way, everything in the books, all the sub-plot details, everything that makes a HP book amazing to read could be included.

I'm really not a fan of the movies, I know that they can't include everything, but I honestly think they're doing bad jobs of them so far. PoA was the ultimate ****-take in my book; they left so much of the plot out it was unbelievable (IMO).

What do you guys think of the idea of a TV series (not that it would ever happen though )
If was done in the way you discribe it, book by book, chapter by chapter, then it would be a wonderful idea. I agree with the movies leaving to much out. I fear that the last couple of movies will not live up to the books at all and that major scenes and plot lines will be left out. And that is not good, IMO

Old July 27th, 2007, 11:29 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky View Post
i think it would be really bad. i dunno it just would be worse. it would be one fo those things where you like it but then it gets boring..a bit like soaps. i prefer the films...
Yes i am with you on that one my friend.