Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Old February 10th, 2014, 8:19 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Well here we go again !

Another great season of Survivor is about to start .

Feb. 26 ,2014 It all starts with a two hour first episode.

This season the players will be split into three tribes with 6 players in each.

The tribes will be Brawn ,Brains & Beauty .

The names of the tribes will be Luzon ,Solana & Aparri .

The players in each tribe are ;

LUZON

Name & Age

Garrett Adelstein 27
Spencer Bledsoe 21
Latasha "Tasha" Fox 37
Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen 41
J'tia Taylor 31
David Samson 45 - (Miami Marlins Baseball team President)

SOLANA

Jefra Bland 22
Brice Johnston 27
Alexis Maxwell 21
L J McKanas 34
Morgan McLeod 21
Jeremiah Wood 34

APARRI

Trish Hegarty 48
Yung "Woo" Hwang 29
Sarah Lacina 29
Lindsey Ogle 29
Tony Vlachos 39
Cliff Robinson 46 - (Former NBA player)

It's going to be very interesting to see if the players live up to the tribes they are put in .

I look forward to seeing all the old crowd and lots of new faces in here this season .

Let the games begin !

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted

Last edited by twinsrule26; February 23rd, 2014 at 3:55 am. Reason: missed a word
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2014, 2:38 pm
Rocket Scientist

Re: Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

I agree this will be an interesting season. We shall see what happens. It would seem that the beauty side of things might be at a disadvantage unless some of the have brains and/or brawn in addition to the beauty. I'm curious to see how these stereotypes play out.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old February 10th, 2014, 6:39 pm
Inconceivable!

A new Survivor thread! Thanks for starting one for this season.

I don't know much about the contestants, but I think it is nice not to have any returning players. Although they make the season interesting and it is nice for the viewers to have a few less new people to become acquainted with, they do tend to dominate their tribes.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old February 11th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
A new Survivor thread! Thanks for starting one for this season.

I don't know much about the contestants, but I think it is nice not to have any returning players. Although they make the season interesting and it is nice for the viewers to have a few less new people to become acquainted with, they do tend to dominate their tribes.
agreed, at least everyone is coming in on an even playing field. But it usually takes me 2-3 weeks to learn most of the names.

Old February 12th, 2014, 8:17 am

I agree all new players are better than a few returning players ,but one of the things I don't like about new players is the ones who are or were stars in some other field. We have two "name" players on this season in the Baseball guy and the NBA guy . Neither of these guys in my opinion needs the money, which means to me that they are just fans or were brought in for their star appeal.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:26 pm
Inconceivable!

It's interesting that they have some sports stars this time. Like military people, most of them tend to have a little trouble not playing some sort of leadership role. I think it drives them crazy when tribes don't have the type of teamwork that they are used to. But I'd rather see an NBA star than someone who is just there for shock value, like Colson was.

Old February 12th, 2014, 1:39 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
It's interesting that they have some sports stars this time. Like military people, most of them tend to have a little trouble not playing some sort of leadership role. I think it drives them crazy when tribes don't have the type of teamwork that they are used to. But I'd rather see an NBA star than someone who is just there for shock value, like Colson was.
yes and they hate to lose. And when the inevitably do, it makes them lash out more which means they usually play a bad social game and no one wants to follow them. Should be interesting to see where these "sports stars" fall in this season.

Old February 24th, 2014, 6:20 am

Well it is almost time for the fun to begin . We will finally get to meet the new players ,and start the fun of guessing which will go far and which will be out first in each tribe . I can't wait .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old February 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm
Rocket Scientist

It seems like in the past few seasons one tribe almost always takes the brunt of the initial eliminations. I'll be curious to see if that happens this time around. The three tribe dynamic always seems to change things a bit.

Old February 27th, 2014, 2:00 pm
Rocket Scientist

Oh boy... where to even start after last nights episode...

As I expected one team seems to be getting absolutely decimated! And honestly I can't say I'm surprised it's the brains tribe. Everyone on that tribe thinks they are smarter than everyone else and they are all trying to gain some sort of control of the situation, and when there's too many plays for power, everything falls apart. Not to mention they got off on the wrong foot with some bad leadership. YEAH I'm looking at you J'tia! I wish as an engineer I could say she really gives engineers a bad name, but I see this kind of arrogance a lot from my fellow engineers. They are really good with theory but when it comes time to put up or shut up, they fail miserably. A whole lot of book smarts and not much street smarts.

Anyways back to the beginning of the episode. I loved the twist at the beginning, rice or the idol clue. I was really curious to see who chose what and when picking the idol, how they would get out of it because their tribe mates knew they had a choice to make. Shame on the beauty tribe for believing, "I hope you liked what I picked for you guys, rice etc." They should have known an idol was in play, when is it not? I think the woman from the brawn tribe that picked rice over the idol clue and was flat out honest with her tribe made the best move, however she should have still spent the time before her tribe arrived looking for idol. She knew one was in play and yet she didn't even seem to try. But her tribe mate had the right idea finding the clue in the reward. I can't believe almost all the idols were flushed out so quickly!

As for the brawn tribe, I can't believe that guy lied about being a cop. That wasn't something to lie about. There are definitely times in this game when it's good to lie, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't it. And he should have come clean when the other woman admitted to being a cop, and yet he still lied. He should have known she'd see right through him. If he would have told the truth he would have had an ally but lying only served to put doubt in someone else's mind which really isn't going to do him any favors. Looks like he comes clean next week, but still how bad is that going to look? He should have just been honest, even if it was just to the other cop. They could have really bonded over that I think. Instead he created a giant rift.

And I have to say for the "brains" of the operation the Luzon tribe is not very smart at all. Man I just can't even. David didn't do himself any favors right out of the gate putting a target on Garrett. He had a tough decision to make, but he didn't even pretend like it was a tough one and of course that put a target on him. That said, I think they voted out the wrong person, not once but TWICE! After the first time I was willing to forgive a little, and I know both David and Garrett (esp Garrett) aren't upstanding guys, but man... the woman not only completely bombs a challenge that you should have won hands down and then pours out your rice and you let her stay in the game? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? The only bit of karmic genius there is that she now has to spend more time on the island with zero food!

In a game that is about winning challenges so you can maintain numbers the brains are not being very smart or strategic about who they are voting out. That said I always find it humorous when someone gets voted out with the idol in their pocket... which funny enough I totally forgot Garrett had until his confessional during the credits. There was so much drama going on I couldn't even handle what was happening!

Man if the first episode is any indication, this is going to be one crazy dramatic season!

Old February 28th, 2014, 12:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
As I expected one team seems to be getting absolutely decimated! And honestly I can't say I'm surprised it's the brains tribe. Everyone on that tribe thinks they are smarter than everyone else and they are all trying to gain some sort of control of the situation, and when there's too many plays for power, everything falls apart. Not to mention they got off on the wrong foot with some bad leadership. YEAH I'm looking at you J'tia! I wish as an engineer I could say she really gives engineers a bad name, but I see this kind of arrogance a lot from my fellow engineers. They are really good with theory but when it comes time to put up or shut up, they fail miserably. A whole lot of book smarts and not much street smarts.
Street smarts and brains do not always go together thats for sure . I can not believe that so many so called brains are such fools in this game.

Quote:
Anyways back to the beginning of the episode. I loved the twist at the beginning, rice or the idol clue. I was really curious to see who chose what and when picking the idol, how they would get out of it because their tribe mates knew they had a choice to make. Shame on the beauty tribe for believing, "I hope you liked what I picked for you guys, rice etc." They should have known an idol was in play, when is it not? I think the woman from the brawn tribe that picked rice over the idol clue and was flat out honest with her tribe made the best move, however she should have still spent the time before her tribe arrived looking for idol. She knew one was in play and yet she didn't even seem to try. But her tribe mate had the right idea finding the clue in the reward. I can't believe almost all the idols were flushed out so quickly!
There are few players left who don't think about HII's but they seem to have found a few unless the TV edit has not let us see them looking for it .

Quote:
As for the brawn tribe, I can't believe that guy lied about being a cop. That wasn't something to lie about. There are definitely times in this game when it's good to lie, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't it. And he should have come clean when the other woman admitted to being a cop, and yet he still lied. He should have known she'd see right through him. If he would have told the truth he would have had an ally but lying only served to put doubt in someone else's mind which really isn't going to do him any favors. Looks like he comes clean next week, but still how bad is that going to look? He should have just been honest, even if it was just to the other cop. They could have really bonded over that I think. Instead he created a giant rift.
He was a fool for sure, I liked the way she spotted him and call him out on it, but to see him lie like that sure ruined any chance of team work between them.
Quote:
And I have to say for the "brains" of the operation the Luzon tribe is not very smart at all. Man I just can't even. David didn't do himself any favors right out of the gate putting a target on Garrett. He had a tough decision to make, but he didn't even pretend like it was a tough one and of course that put a target on him. That said, I think they voted out the wrong person, not once but TWICE! After the first time I was willing to forgive a little, and I know both David and Garrett (esp Garrett) aren't upstanding guys, but man... the woman not only completely bombs a challenge that you should have won hands down and then pours out your rice and you let her stay in the game? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? The only bit of karmic genius there is that she now has to spend more time on the island with zero food!
Keeping her around was not the smartest idea, but when you look at the way this tribe has played so far it fits right in with the way they are playing the game. As you say she now has to live with the rest of them for however long they deside to keep her around. She is now #4 and is exspendable if/when they go back to tribal council.

Quote:
In a game that is about winning challenges so you can maintain numbers the brains are not being very smart or strategic about who they are voting out. That said I always find it humorous when someone gets voted out with the idol in their pocket... which funny enough I totally forgot Garrett had until his confessional during the credits. There was so much drama going on I couldn't even handle what was happening!

Man if the first episode is any indication, this is going to be one crazy dramatic season!
He said it was back at the camp so it is still in play and one of these "Brains" might yet find it . OH man wouldn't it be a hoot if J'Tia was the one who finds it .

I think it will be a fun season I liked how the Beauty tribe has played so far.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:29 pm
Inconceivable!

This season is off to a promising start. I thought it was really smart of the Beauty tribe person to tell everyone that she choose all those items for her tribe instead of deciding to hunt for the idol. I wouldn't be surprised if the Beauty tribe does really well this season. They tend to be social creatures and this is a social game as well as a strategic one.

We didn't get to see much of the Brawn tribe, but I think they will be the next tribe to bring some interesting drama to the show. I would think that most of them would be type A personalities, which always leads to conflict.

What can you say about the Brains tribe? They are really not people smart at all. David might have been interesting to watch but I'm not sorry that he was the first one voted off. He would have quickly taken charge of that tribe it would all have gone his way every vote. The only smart thing the Brains tribe did was to get rid of him right away.

Garrett might have lasted longer if he hadn't been such an idiot when it came to voting people off. He was the only strong person on that tribe and they might have kept him just so he could help win challenges. But he did not use his poker playing skills when it came to survivor. He needed to keep his intentions a secret from the person he planned to vote off. But I really didn't mind seeing him go, since he was rather annoying, too.

My favorite player so far is Tasha. I hope she somehow manages to make it through to the end. She seems to have the kind of smarts that could get her far but still stay under the radar while the Brawn tribe takes each other out later in the game.

I think Kass made the right move for her by voting out Garrett. Now she is in a solid, but doomed, alliance. I sure hope that they vote J'Tia out next, since they would be better off with Spencer than her. And since he hasn't shown any kind of leadership qualities yet, he'll probably play "follow the leader" from now on.

Old February 28th, 2014, 2:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:

What can you say about the Brains tribe? They are really not people smart at all. David might have been interesting to watch but I'm not sorry that he was the first one voted off. He would have quickly taken charge of that tribe it would all have gone his way every vote. The only smart thing the Brains tribe did was to get rid of him right away.
Yes david was a definite threat and he wasnt much on the muscle side and he came out guns blazing right away so he put a giant target on his back. I dont have much sympathy for him.

Quote:
Garrett might have lasted longer if he hadn't been such an idiot when it came to voting people off. He was the only strong person on that tribe and they might have kept him just so he could help win challenges. But he did not use his poker playing skills when it came to survivor. He needed to keep his intentions a secret from the person he planned to vote off. But I really didn't mind seeing him go, since he was rather annoying, too.
Yes he was really annoying. If he hadnt done the whole tribal debate on who to get rid of he might have stayed around longer.

Quote:
My favorite player so far is Tasha. I hope she somehow manages to make it through to the end. She seems to have the kind of smarts that could get her far but still stay under the radar while the Brawn tribe takes each other out later in the game.
Yeah i like her too. She really wants to play this game and can't with her current tribe. Plus she's from where I live so I have to root for her on that fact!

Quote:
I think Kass made the right move for her by voting out Garrett. Now she is in a solid, but doomed, alliance. I sure hope that they vote J'Tia out next, since they would be better off with Spencer than her. And since he hasn't shown any kind of leadership qualities yet, he'll probably play "follow the leader" from now on.
I agree to a degree. I dont think Garrett and Spencer would have voted her out but honestly Garrett is equally as loose a cannon as J'tia so it's really hard to say. I really like spencer and i think with a different tribe he could be doing really well in this game. As long as they dont let J'tia "solve" anymore puzzles this tribe "might" be ok.

Old March 5th, 2014, 11:17 pm

Well from the adds for tonights show, it looks like the players are going to get soaked .
I see that the guy cop is going to come clean about being a cop .
I wonder if it will help him or be a case of too little too late ? . I feel he should have done it last week, now it looks to me as him playing catch up and not getting it right.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old March 6th, 2014, 1:39 pm
Rocket Scientist

I just have to say I am shocked that the cop coming cleaning didn't bite him in the behind. I guess there's still time for that, but right now lady cop is eating out of the palm of his hand and I don't like it.

Man i felt so bad for the tribes, 24 hours plus of rain, that looked brutal!

So glad the brains tribe finally pulled it together in the immunity challenge. I swear they are bad at everything. But so glad to see they let Spencer and Kass work the maze! Much smarter choice. J'Tia is just a hot hot mess.

Don't have too much to say about who was voted out.

I feel like this episode was far less drama filled, but i did actually cheer when the brains tribe finally pulled it together. What can I say, I like seeing the underdog win most the time.

Old March 6th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Quote:
I just have to say I am shocked that the cop coming cleaning didn't bite him in the behind. I guess there's still time for that, but right now lady cop is eating out of the palm of his hand and I don't like it.
I know in this game you need allies, but he strikes me as the type of cop who gives cops a bad name.I really hope she sees through his bull and gives him the boot.

Quote:
Man i felt so bad for the tribes, 24 hours plus of rain, that looked brutal!
There have been "Wet Season" games before. The tribes learn to cope with it ,I feel these players will too. I'm glad the winners got tarps for their camps that should start getting them over the "Wet Season Blues"( blue feet,skin,fingers ,mood etc...) and into playing the game better.

Quote:
So glad the brains tribe finally pulled it together in the immunity challenge. I swear they are bad at everything. But so glad to see they let Spencer and Kass work the maze! Much smarter choice. J'Tia is just a hot hot mess.
I agree it really was great seeing them win something, even though they sucked at the first half of the challenge. I think the guy on that tribe is safe for a little while those girls need him if they are going to keep winning challenges.
Quote:
Don't have too much to say about who was voted out.
I feel like this episode was far less drama filled, but i did actually cheer when the brains tribe finally pulled it together. What can I say, I like seeing the underdog win most the time.
I felt that Brice was the easy out ,he was differnt and I think didn't fit in on the Beauty tribe .
The drama in this episode was the weather and how they coped with it . I cheered when the Brains won too. I liked seeing someone else go to TC instead of the same sad tribe of losers every time.

I have never seen a HII hidden under water before ,has that ever been done ? I know that there was a season where the one of the clues was hidden under water .
So it seems all of the HII have been found .The only one that is still up for grabs, is the one that left in the Brains camp, by that guy who was so cocky that he didn't feel he even had to bring it with him.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old March 7th, 2014, 1:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
I
I have never seen a HII hidden under water before ,has that ever been done ? I know that there was a season where the one of the clues was hidden under water .
So it seems all of the HII have been found .The only one that is still up for grabs, is the one that left in the Brains camp, by that guy who was so cocky that he didn't feel he even had to bring it with him.
Yeah i wonder if that one will get rehidden, or if they will have to find it where their former tribe member hid it. That will be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm also surprised the idol hasnt really come up on the brains tribe. Not sure if that is due to editing or if they are too concerned about other things to think about it.

Old March 9th, 2014, 1:45 pm
Inconceivable!

The big irony would be if J'Tia found the individual immunity idol that Garret left behind. His carelessness would have given her two chances if that happens. She managed to make it through one tribal council because of his lack of strategy. And finding the idol would give her another chance. You would think that someone at that camp would go through Garret's things, just to see if there was anything they could use. I can't remember where Garret put his idol.

I felt sorry for the tribes in the rain. That has to be miserable to be cold, wet and hungry like that. Even if they had a waterproof shelter, they don't have very many clothes or blankets, so it would still be tough.

Other than watching the Beauty tribe completely blow the challenge and the Brains tribe coming from behind to win, it wasn't too memorable of a show. I'm glad that the Brains won, since having one tribe just lose over and over is rather sad.

The relationship between the two cops is interesting. I really hate that the female cop appears to be under the control of the male cop. He'll just use her as long as he can. We haven't really seen how the loyalties will line up in that tribe, but I have a feeling there will be a lot of conflict once they have to vote someone off.

Old March 10th, 2014, 9:04 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

The Brawn are all "I'll break a leg if I have to." The Brain complain over breaking a nail. And the Brains? "Oh my gosh, I have to interact with people?!"

Hey, I remember in the first episode one of the Beauties complained about having to do manual labor.

And the Beauties in the rain? "My poor hands, I'm too beautiful for this."

(I know it does look like I'm picking on the Beauties, but they kind of left it open for me).

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 10th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
(I know it does look like I'm picking on the Beauties, but they kind of left it open for me).
No you're not picking on them, they really do live up to the typical stereotype about Beauty . In fact I think the only tribe that hasn't lived up to its name is the Brains tribe .

Having a tarp should go a long way towards making the season go better for those two tribes.

Quote:
The relationship between the two cops is interesting. I really hate that the female cop appears to be under the control of the male cop. He'll just use her as long as he can. We haven't really seen how the loyalties will line up in that tribe, but I have a feeling there will be a lot of conflict once they have to vote someone off.
I hope she uses her cop training and thinks about why he lied to her at first and why he changed his mind . If she does that I think she will relise he is playing her .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television