Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time?

Old January 22nd, 2005, 12:46 pm
First Year

Yeah, I like the idea of a party and that would kind of fit with the information JKR gave out a while ago about the chapter names. I posted a theory on Veritaserum a while ago about my belief that 'Spinner's End' refers to either a village or possibly a cottage, something like that...and I thought that maybe it was the cottage that Sirius bought with his uncle's money. If they were to arrange something like an Irish wake for Sirius, it's conceivable that it might take place in 'Spinner's End' and that's why Harry would need to leave Privet Drive.

I think they need to have some kind of a proper send off for our dear departed Sirius and a party would be very appropriate, considering his personality and the way he died; saving others. I once read a fanfic that described a 'Thanking ceremony' which I thought was a lovely idea...all the people who loved the person who died gathering together and kind of 'channelling' their good thoughts and thanks for everything that the dead person had done for them into growing a tree and the bigger the tree, the larger the testiment to that person's life. I loved that idea...so much less morbid than the usual funerals and memorials. Something fitting to Sirius.

'I feel I owe you another explanation, Harry,' said Dumbledore hesitantly. 'You may, perhaps, have wondered why I never chose you as a prefect? I must confess...that I rather thought...you had enough responsibility to be going on with.'

Harry looked up at him and saw a tear trickling down Dumbledore's face into his long, silver beard.

........Order of the Phoenix, Chp 37

The Everlasting Day - A Sirius Fanfic
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2005, 1:18 pm
Third Year

I don't think he would be driven out of Privet drive again as he only has to stay there ashort while like a week or two. If any bad things happen he can use his wand as now the World knows the "truth" but also his family won't give him a hard time as they know about the Order and what will happen to them.

Old January 22nd, 2005, 5:52 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri
I think he will leave simply be because he needs to be close to the Order- I have a feeling they will be including him more now that Dumbly has gotten over his whole protection phase. Harry is at the point where he can help the Order more by knowing what is going on, than by being in the dark.
See, this makes alot of sense. I know that Harry hates being left out of the loop because he has done and seen so much. Maybe the adults in his life will finally see this????

Old January 22nd, 2005, 5:57 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHH
J.K. Rowling said that the sixth book would be the shortest stay at Privet Drive.
Perhaps with the reappearance of V confirmed DD decides to leave a guard of the order at Privet Drive. That alone would be enough for Vernon to chuck him out after about a week.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old January 22nd, 2005, 11:16 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
The Quidditch World Cup again?
I don't know if jk would be repetitive like that. Since she's already placed that in she might not do it again. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what about Harry meeting his grandparents, his maternal ones.

PURE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbors decide who gets the milk.

PURE COMMUNISM: You have two cows. Your neighbors help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.

DICTATORSHIP: You have two cows. The government takes both and shoots you.

Search | The Forum Rules | Signature Content Policy | Hogsmeade Review Guidelines | Post/Year List

Feel free to owl me if you want some help and I'll try my best to give you a hand

Old January 23rd, 2005, 2:52 am
Second Year

I think Hagrid should pick up Harry on his chopper! Or even better, give the chopper to Harry as a present!

Old January 23rd, 2005, 2:54 am
Sixth Year

Some happy occasion. Maybe Bill and Fleur's wedding?

Old January 23rd, 2005, 8:01 am
First Year

jk said that harry will be leaving pd in b6 because of some thing good.

Old January 23rd, 2005, 1:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_ron
jk said that harry will be leaving pd in b6 because of some thing good.
I think someone in the order will come and get him, either that or maybe meet his grandparents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawkes
I think Hagrid should pick up Harry on his chopper! Or even better, give the chopper to Harry as a present!
Thats a good idea, but didnt Hagrid lose his chopper?( Im not exactly sure)

Old January 23rd, 2005, 2:02 pm
Second Year

Good question! Cant remember! Im actually going to read the books over again! I think he does though...

Old January 23rd, 2005, 2:02 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wab
Perhaps with the reappearance of V confirmed DD decides to leave a guard of the order at Privet Drive. That alone would be enough for Vernon to chuck him out after about a week.
I thought JKR said he would be leaving because of something good?( That was not inteneded to be offensive-sorry if it was)

Old January 23rd, 2005, 2:11 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

Having a couple of aurors round to annoy Vernon would be good as far as Harry is concerned.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old January 23rd, 2005, 2:46 pm
Second Year

I think he will leave to be with his friends.

what would come, would come.....and we would have to meet it when it did.
Old January 24th, 2005, 12:52 am
Second Year

A birthday party maybe? It would be his first and becoming 16 is somehwat special.

JKR mentioned that Harry would leave privet drive for a much happier reason than a trial.

Old January 24th, 2005, 12:54 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egla
A birthday party maybe? It would be his first and becoming 16 is somehwat special.
I think that this is completely plausible. Maybe it'll be his happiest birthday yet. The rest of them, the best that he could do was open presents from his friends. Maybe they'll have a big party for him at the Burrow. That would be so great. And then he'd get to stay in the wizarding world for a whole extra month.

He's also supposed to get his O.W.L.S. results back (which I really want to know how he did). Maybe it'll be some good news from that?

Old January 24th, 2005, 5:36 pm
Second Year

I agree that he is going to be a lot more informed than he was before. He probably moved to where the order is or to the burrow for easier access. I'm not sure if he will be let in on the meetings though. He is young and has a habbit of taking things into his own hands, maybe that is because he feels he has no choice so if he is allowed on the meetings he maybe will just let them do all the work...

I think the order will be the main reason, after all it is a matter of urgency now. However, I think birthday and exam celebrations will be included also!!

Old January 25th, 2005, 9:22 am
First Year

I think now that Voldermort has been exposed he will start doing more things in the open like killing people etc and the order will rush harry to the head quarters to protect him...

Old January 25th, 2005, 9:56 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttb
I think now that Voldermort has been exposed he will start doing more things in the open like killing people etc and the order will rush harry to the head quarters to protect him...
That would be plausable except the fact that he is supposed to be leaving under happier circumstances than last time. While yes it still means that he could be leaving under rather bad circumstances as last time it was rather bad I do think he will be leaving for a reason that is not his own personal saftey.

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread but might as well say it again as I don't remember if I did or not. I think that Harry will be leaving Privet Drive to go to the reading of Sirius' will at which point he will learn he inherited #12 Grimmauld Place.

Old January 25th, 2005, 10:11 am
First Year

I withdraw my post, but reading of the will, that will make him unhappy he will be reliving his death again and it will bring up old memories, that isn't exactly a happier reason.

But one of my personal fav's is Harry leaves because he is going to Hermiones house for the first time!

Old January 25th, 2005, 12:22 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttb
I withdraw my post, but reading of the will, that will make him unhappy he will be reliving his death again and it will bring up old memories, that isn't exactly a happier reason.

But one of my personal fav's is Harry leaves because he is going to Hermiones house for the first time!
Oh it certainly is not a happy reason but it is infinitely more happy of a reason than being attacked by 2 Dementors and facing highly probable expulsion and thus being forced to live as a muggle for the rest of his life.

Seriously, it may be sad but it is nowhere near as bad as what happened the previous year.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies