Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Romantic moments & that scene in Deathly Hallows

Old November 23rd, 2011, 4:16 am
Fifth Year

Re: Romantic moments & that scene in Deathly Hallows

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
Yes, that is what the director wanted to imply. However I really don't think anything more was portrayed than a very remote possibility, and then only in a world where Ron & Hermione have given up on each other.

JKR has said as much in interview regarding the book scenes between Harry & Hermione in Godric's Hollow, when they share some intense experiences; but she has also said that the possibility of the relationship changing could only have happened if Ron never returned.

JKR also said Harry and Ginny were soulmates. It seems hard to justify movie-Harry making a pass at Hermione when his soulmate is waiting for him back home.

So this means, IMHO, JKR might have been willing to throw H\G out the window as well as R\Hr at some point in the books.

I've been in situations where young ppl were facing danger far from home and remained true to the ones they loved. I guess it just bothers me that JKR considered not giving her hero (and her alter-ego heroine) the same level of committment.

"People can sleep peacefully in their beds at night because there are strong men willing to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell

"The urge to save humanity is often a false-face for the urge to rule it."--H.L. Mencken

"You can trust the Americans to do the right thing...after they have tried everything else."--Winston Churchill

"All's fair in love and war, and this is a little bit of both."--Ron Weasley

Last edited by darklordspal; November 23rd, 2011 at 4:19 am.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2011, 5:03 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordspal View Post
JKR also said Harry and Ginny were soulmates. It seems hard to justify movie-Harry making a pass at Hermione when his soulmate is waiting for him back home.

So this means, IMHO, JKR might have been willing to throw H\G out the window as well as R\Hr at some point in the books.

I've been in situations where young ppl were facing danger far from home and remained true to the ones they loved. I guess it just bothers me that JKR considered not giving her hero (and her alter-ego heroine) the same level of committment.
I don't think she considered actually changing it. I think she was trying to make a point about how close Hermione & Harry were in their relationship -- as friends -- and how complicated feelings are when you're that age. She prefaced her comments in the context of whether or not Ron made the choice to go back and rejoin them. Which of course she had him do.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:37 am
Embroidered by imaginatio

And we are due for a new version

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References