Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies > The Casting Couch

Noticing HP Actors in Other Movies

Old January 30th, 2006, 4:01 am
Fifth Year

Re: Noticing HP Actors in Other Movies

Just caught Brendan Gleeson (Mad Eye Moody) in 28 days later on tv...

Old January 30th, 2006, 4:05 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1182
I caught a few minutes of The Last Sammurai and I saw the actor who plays Wormtail. I couldn't put my finger on it for a bit, then it dawned on me.
That would be Timothy Spall.

Old January 30th, 2006, 4:42 am
First Year

so far ive seen rickman in a few movies... 1 of which also has tim allen in it i cant remember the name tho... something about space... they were on a tv show and some aliens came and thought it was real and wanted them to help them beat some big grasshopper lookin thing... then i saw him in another movie i dont know the name of it tho... it was about god had gone missing or something... alan was supposedly the voice of god... it had chris rock in it as well... then i saw mr dursley in a movie the other day where on the show "roseanne", it was played by roseannes husband... the husband was next inline to be king of england... dursley was his secretary or something... ive seen snape in more movies than nething tho... and who is emma thompson??? i dont know a lot of the hp characters real names xcept the major 1s like emma and daniel and rupert.. and tom and alan... thats all i know...

im waqtching die hard right now when do u c him?

nvm i know who he is now... duh... i havnt really watched it b4 i didnt know he was the main terrorist

... the war was raging all around luna... she had done pretty well for herself thus far... she turned to find another death eater and found one at once... it was bellatrix lestrange... she pointed her wand at luna and yelled "AVADA KEDAVRA". it happened in an instant... out of nowhere a large animal jumped in front of the curse... it couldnt be thought luna... it was, it was a crumple horned snorcack...
Old January 30th, 2006, 6:36 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin80
so far ive seen rickman in a few movies... 1 of which also has tim allen in it i cant remember the name tho... something about space... they were on a tv show and some aliens came and thought it was real and wanted them to help them beat some big grasshopper lookin thing...
"Galaxy Quest". Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, and Tony Shaloub are there too.
Quote:
then i saw him in another movie i dont know the name of it tho... it was about god had gone missing or something... alan was supposedly the voice of god... it had chris rock in it as well...
"Dogma". God was played by Alanis Morisette. A Jay and Silent Bob movie.
Quote:
then i saw mr dursley in a movie the other day where on the show "roseanne", it was played by roseannes husband... the husband was next inline to be king of england... dursley was his secretary or something...
"King Ralph". John Goodman is the main character, and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) is there along with John Hurt (who plays Olivander in 'The Sorcerer's Stone')
Quote:
....who is emma thompson???
She plays Trelawney in 'The Prisoner of Azkaban'.

---You're welcome.

Last edited by piky; January 30th, 2006 at 6:49 am.
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:50 pm
Second Year

Ian Hart has popped up three times in the one week: A Cock and Bull Story (as a passively irate scriptwriter with jug ears and seven kids), Breakfast on Pluto (nearly stealing the end of the movie as a jug-eared, mustacheoed copper) and The Virgin Queen (with a beard and little cap resting on said jug ears).

I'm getting rather fond of him. He and David Thewlis have very similar qualities as actors.

Old January 31st, 2006, 12:22 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needia
Ian Hart has popped up three times in the one week: A Cock and Bull Story (as a passively irate scriptwriter with jug ears and seven kids), Breakfast on Pluto (nearly stealing the end of the movie as a jug-eared, mustacheoed copper) and The Virgin Queen (with a beard and little cap resting on said jug ears).
I saw the Virgin Queen (the one made in England and aired on PBS on Masterpiece Theatre with Ann Marie Duff?), and my grandma gave it to me on dvd for christmas! Which character was he in Virgin Queen?

"I want to do it properly," were the first words of which Harry was fully conscious of speaking. "Not by magic. Have you got a spade?" ...He dug with a kind of fury, relishing the manual work, glorying in the non-magic of it, for every drop of his sweat and every blister felt like a gift to the elf who had saved their lives. ...Harry wrapped the elf more snugly in his jacket. Ron sat on the edge of the grave and stripped off his shoes and socks, which he placed upon the elf's bare feet. Dean produced a woolen hat, which Harry placed carefully upon Dobby's head, muffling his batlike ears. ..."There," she said softly. "Now he could be sleeping." Harry placed the elf into the grave, arranged his tiny limbs so that he might have been resting... ...Here lies Dobby, a free elf.
Old January 31st, 2006, 6:42 am
Second Year

I remember freaking out when I saw Timothy Spall in A Series of Unfortunate Events. It was just really unexpected for my friends and I and it was pretty hilarious. In fact, the same thing happened when I saw Gary Oldman in Batman Begins.

Old February 1st, 2006, 12:28 am
First Year

I noticed Tom Felton in "Anna and the King" as Jodie Foster's son.

Old February 1st, 2006, 12:35 am
Third Year

The guy who playes Lucius (I forget his name) is the "bad guy" in The Patriot (with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger). I couldn't place where I'd seen him for the longest time and then it dawned on me.
Also, Lockheart (Kenneth Branaugh) and Robbie Coltraine are in Henry V. Branaugh's also in Much Ado About Nothing playing Benedict opposite his real life ex-wife. I think he directed both, too.

Text removed - only seven lines allowed.
Old February 1st, 2006, 9:07 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksRNm1
I saw the Virgin Queen (the one made in England and aired on PBS on Masterpiece Theatre with Ann Marie Duff?), and my grandma gave it to me on dvd for christmas! Which character was he in Virgin Queen?
One of the Queen's advisors with a fussy gingery beard.

Old February 1st, 2006, 10:37 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needia
One of the Queen's advisors with a fussy gingery beard.
ahh i see now. he is sir william!! oh my he looks so different. he was really good in it though!

"I want to do it properly," were the first words of which Harry was fully conscious of speaking. "Not by magic. Have you got a spade?" ...He dug with a kind of fury, relishing the manual work, glorying in the non-magic of it, for every drop of his sweat and every blister felt like a gift to the elf who had saved their lives. ...Harry wrapped the elf more snugly in his jacket. Ron sat on the edge of the grave and stripped off his shoes and socks, which he placed upon the elf's bare feet. Dean produced a woolen hat, which Harry placed carefully upon Dobby's head, muffling his batlike ears. ..."There," she said softly. "Now he could be sleeping." Harry placed the elf into the grave, arranged his tiny limbs so that he might have been resting... ...Here lies Dobby, a free elf.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:14 am
Third Year

i have seen movies with actresses and actors that are in harry potter movies ive seen alan rickman and i just forgot her name but the lady that plays McGonagall but i have never seen a movie were i couldnt figure out the actor or actress

Old February 2nd, 2006, 2:11 am
Second Year

I think that is Maggie Smith.

Old February 4th, 2006, 9:29 pm
Fifth Year

I just caught Fiona Shaw (Mrs Dursley) in Three Men and a Little Lady...

Old February 4th, 2006, 9:34 pm
First Year

Last year in English we watched Sense and Sensibility, and Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson were in it. And a couple years before that we watched Much Ado About Nothing with Kenneth Branagh.

"But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world."

Last edited by PotterFan417; February 4th, 2006 at 9:37 pm.
Old February 4th, 2006, 9:44 pm
Fifth Year

I just caught the last part of the original Die Hard, and Alan Rickman plays the villian. Boy did he look different. He has a great line of dialogue, but I can't say it here. lol

Thanks to random_musing for the inspiration ^_^

"Ron seemed to come to himself slightly as they walked back across the Great Hall. He touched the spot on his face where Hermione had kissed him, looking puzzled, as though he was not quite sure what had just happened. He seemed too distracted to notice much around him..." - Order of the Pheonix
Old February 4th, 2006, 9:55 pm
Banned

I'm fairly well acquainted with movies, so usually I'm not confused as to who is who.

Old February 4th, 2006, 11:47 pm
First Year

I was watching the movie Timeline and I noticed a guy who looked very familiar...it wasn't until I watched the movie for the second time that I realized it was David Thewlis the actor who plays Professor Lupin.

I remember seeing Alan Rickman in Dogma and Galaxy Quest as well

I had to watch Mary Shelly's Frankenstein last year in english class and Kenneth Branagh played Doctor Frankenstein

Last edited by Lovely_Emma; February 4th, 2006 at 11:50 pm.
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:03 am
Fifth Year

watched Sleepy Hollow this evening and I saw Michael Gambon (new Dumbly), Miranda Richardson (Rita Skeeter) and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Dursley)

Join the ASA and help prevent spoilers

Old February 5th, 2006, 1:46 pm
Second Year

I saw Miranda Richardson in the Parent Trap

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies > The Casting Couch