Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Community

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:58 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Re: Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
Comedy Central just gained syndication rights to Community!

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2...s=synd_twitter

http://www.seat42f.com/comedy-centra...community.html

This bodes extremely well for a 4th season
This is fantastic news!

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2012, 3:13 am
Sixth Year

Solid episode. Not the best, but I really enjoyed it

Spoiler: show
"Troy and Abed being normal."

A lot of great lines in this episode. Britta killed it! Almost all her lines were gold. Also, I curious to see where they're taking this Subway/sandwich shop thing. Also, this episode only confirmed why I don't like Andre.

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old March 18th, 2012, 9:02 pm
Seventh Year

I agree, it wasn't an exceptional episode, just a pretty good one. I'm pretty sure Gillian Jacobs is the MVP of this season. Britta stole this episode - even though it seemed Troy and Abed were supposed to. These were my favorite lines:

Britta; When’s our culture gonna outgrow this wedding thing?
Annie: You’re anti-wedding now?
Jeff: No, she’s just pro-anti.
Britta: No to everything you both said! Weddings are like little girls’ tea parties, except the women are the stuffed animals, the men are making them talk, and they’re not drinking tea, they’re drinking antiquated gender roles.
Jeff: Someone tell Britta what an analogy is.
Britta: I know what it is. It’s like a thought, with…another thought’s hat on!

Britta: Yeah, well, great, flowers look good in a pot! There are people dying in Uganda!

Britta: I refused to give Santa a Christmas list because I didn’t want to depend on any man for anythng, and now, look at me, I’m Betty Crocker, I’m Martha Stewart, I’m one of the Steppenwolf wives!

(A) It's Stepford wives. (B) Britta doesn't know what a Stepford wife is.

Annie got in a gem herself:

Annie: That’s the Jim Belushi of speech openings: It accomplishes nothing, but everybody keeps using it, and no one can remember why.

Old March 19th, 2012, 1:57 am
Sixth Year

YES. Britta has been on fire, especially in this episode. Her analogy line is now one of my favorites

Along with yours, I loved this exchange between her and Jeff:

Britta: I promise to put your dreams before mine!
Jeff:I promise to bottle up my repulsion at the sight of your hair in the drain.
Britta:I promise to earn no more than 70% of what you would make at the same job!
Jeff: What about babies?
Britta: What about them??
Jeff: How many??
Britta: Pick a number, ----! Like it's up to me!!

Also: "Flowers in a pot. There are people dying in Uganda!!"

Old March 29th, 2012, 7:36 am
Seventh Year

"Interviews you should check out" time! The A.V. Club (and if you watch Community, you'll probably also love that site, if you don't visit regularly already) posted an interview with Gillian "Britta" Jacobs the other day, and the brand new episode of the Channel Surfing podcast (which is also really good, if very tangent-y - although I like the tangentiness, and no, that is not an actual word) has one with the Academy Award-winning Jim "Dean Pelton" Rash.

Also, am I the only one who thought last week's episode, in which they returned from break at the beginning, should have been the first one back? Not just because the characters were coming back from a break, but because last week's show was more typical of Community (which means it was also less accessible ), with the plot about Abed wasting money developing an addiction to hiring celebrity impersonators and the gang temporarily becoming celebrity impersonators. (By the way, the only one who looked anything like the celebrity they were impersonating was Shirley, and still not really.)

Last edited by IenjoyAcidPops; March 29th, 2012 at 11:33 pm.
Old March 29th, 2012, 6:45 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
"Interviews you should check out" time! The A.V. Club (and if you watch Community, you'll probably also love that site, if you don't visit regularly already) posted an interview with Gillian "Britta" Jacobs the other day, and the brand new episode of the Channel Surfing podcast (which is also really good, if very tangent-y - although I like the tangentiness, and no, that is not an actual word) has one with the Academy Award-winning Jim "Dean Pelton" Rash.
I loved this! I love watching/listening to interviews with the cast.

Quote:
Also, am I the only one who thought last week's episode, in which they returned from break at the beginning, should have been the first one back?Not just because the characters were coming back from a break, but because last week's show was more typical of Community (which means it was also less accessible ), with the plot about Abed wasting money developing an addiction to hiring celebrity impersonators and the gang temporarily becoming celebrity impersonators. (By the way, the only one who looked anything like the celebrity they were impersonating was Shirley, and still not really.)
Actually, this episode was originally supposed to be the first one back (which is obvious with the group coming back from break). However, NBC decided to switch the episodes. I think it was said that they thought returning with an episode with Malcolm Jamal-Warner would draw a bigger audience than French Stewart.

New Community tonight!
Spoiler: show
Part 1 of the Troy and Abed blanket fort civil war!

Unfortunately I'll be seeing the Hunger Games when it's on. So I'll be recording it and watching it when I get home.

Old April 6th, 2012, 1:33 am
Sixth Year

Maybe it's because I love documentaries... But that episode was amazing! Easily one of my new favorites!

Old April 6th, 2012, 1:47 pm
Seventh Year

That was genius. Genius!

Old April 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm
Fifth Year

One of my favourite episodes the documentary thing. How did they even think it up? paintball, Zombie apocalypse and pillow fights. This is what makes me watch this show

Power: A Collection An attempt at one shot fics. Latest Chapter The Trap

Get the daily news on the The Daily Prophet or read past articles in the Daily Prophet Archives

Old May 11th, 2012, 2:29 am

Community was picked up for 13 episodes for its fourth season! I'm happy it's coming back, but I confess I'm disappointed that it's only for 13 episodes. No mention if Season 4 will be the last...

Old May 11th, 2012, 2:43 am
Seventh Year

I'm just glad that there will be a fourth season to be bothered by the order only being for thirteen. Funny that I found out today that both Community and Cougar Town were coming back for fourth seasons.

Old May 14th, 2012, 4:09 am

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/13/co...idays-in-fall/

Community is being moved to Fridays in the Fall with Whitney as a lead in... NBC says they don't believe Friday is a graveyard, but I'm worried...

Old May 14th, 2012, 1:18 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/13/co...idays-in-fall/

Community is being moved to Fridays in the Fall with Whitney as a lead in... NBC says they don't believe Friday is a graveyard, but I'm worried...
I am a bit worried myself - especially since it has Whitney as a lead in. That show is really not that great, and I am still baffled that they renewed it. Friday is typically a death slot, but Community does have a loyal fan base. Hopefully they will follow it to Friday nights.

Personally, I would have rather seen in on Thursdays (though I will watch on Fridays since I watch Grimm as well). Both 30 Rock and Community got picked up for 13 episodes. Why not just keep them both on Thursday nights and show one in the fall and the other in the spring?

Old May 15th, 2012, 3:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphodel79 View Post
I am a bit worried myself - especially since it has Whitney as a lead in. That show is really not that great, and I am still baffled that they renewed it. Friday is typically a death slot, but Community does have a loyal fan base. Hopefully they will follow it to Friday nights.

Personally, I would have rather seen in on Thursdays (though I will watch on Fridays since I watch Grimm as well). Both 30 Rock and Community got picked up for 13 episodes. Why not just keep them both on Thursday nights and show one in the fall and the other in the spring?
I'm worried about the Whitney lead in, too. It doesn't seem like those two shows would have the same audience. And Parks n Rec was renewed for only 13 episodes,too. Seems like they could've kept them all on Thursday. I will still definitely watch Community. I hope everyone does.

Old May 15th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I'm worried about the Whitney lead in, too. It doesn't seem like those two shows would have the same audience. And Parks n Rec was renewed for only 13 episodes, too. Seems like they could've kept them all on Thursday. I will still definitely watch Community. I hope everyone does.
I read that Parks & Recreation was picked up for 22, but upon another look, it was initially reported for 13, and then confirmed for 22.

Community being paired with Whitney on Friday is a bad idea, but they've never found a show that is effectively paired with Community, and if this does end up being the final season, I'm kind of okay with that. Talk to me three years ago, and I'd be shocked this show got four seasons.

Old May 16th, 2012, 5:18 am

Quote:
I read that Parks & Recreation was picked up for 22, but upon another look, it was initially reported for 13, and then confirmed for 22.

Community being paired with Whitney on Friday is a bad idea, but they've never found a show that is effectively paired with Community, and if this does end up being the final season, I'm kind of okay with that. Talk to me three years ago, and I'd be shocked this show got four seasons.
Oh, I hadn't read that update. Glad Parks n Rec got 22!

Old May 19th, 2012, 12:08 pm
Seventh Year

Every show I cared about that was "on the bubble" is, very thankfully, coming back for the 2012-2013 season, but that doesn't mean there aren't disappointments to be found - including this one: Dan Harmon will not be returning as the showrunner for Community's fourth season. Instead, he'll be a Consulting Producer, and David Guarascio & Moses Port will be the showrunners. They're coming off of Happy Endings; I don't know if they were the showrunners there, but that is a funny show. Still, they're not Dan Harmon. Most shows with decent runs lose their original showrunners because those people move on; Joss Whedon wasn't the showrunner for the entire run of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Matt Groening hasn't run The Simpsons in about 20 years, J.J. Abrams was really only hands-on with Lost for the first season or two, etc. etc. etc. And I'd heard rumblings about this over the last week. But I didn't see this coming. And I have a sinking feeling about it.

Incidentally, Cougar Town - and how could I not mention an important Cougar Town update that's so linked to this Community one - is also losing its showrunners, Bill Lawrence and Kevin Biegel. I was - well, still am, this just makes it bittersweet rather than sweet - so thrilled that it was picked up by TBS, but now Lawrence and Biegel aren't returning as the day-to-day showrunners. Like Harmon, they're supposedly staying on in "consulting" roles, but unlike with Harmon, I believe that the "consulting" will actually mean something. Watch Cougar Town!

ETA:
From Harmon himself

Last edited by IenjoyAcidPops; May 19th, 2012 at 12:30 pm.
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:34 pm

^I have a sinking feeling about this, too. I can only hope the new show runners want to keep the show consistent. I will be heartbroken if they make the show into something we don't recognize.

Old July 20th, 2012, 12:24 pm
Seventh Year

The Emmy nominations were announced yesterday. As always, I can only give a disgruntled sigh, throw up my hands, and say, "This is ridiculous." Do I need to say that this brilliant, innovative show didn't receive an incredibly well-deserved nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series, or recognition for any of its extraordinary cast? You probably already assumed it. At least the "Remedial Chaos Theory" episode was nominated in the writing category.

Old July 20th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Quote:
The Emmy nominations were announced yesterday. As always, I can only give a disgruntled sigh, throw up my hands, and say, "This is ridiculous." Do I need to say that this brilliant, innovative show didn't receive an incredibly well-deserved nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series, or recognition for any of its extraordinary cast? You probably already assumed it. At least the "Remedial Chaos Theory" episode was nominated in the writing category.
And the same exact shows are nominated year after year after year. It's like they just go, "Who did we nominate last year? Yeah, lets just go with that again." Sure, some shows deserve to be in there every year, but not all of them. It's like it needs to be a new show to get any consideration.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television