Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The best possible ending?

Old November 9th, 2003, 6:42 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I think the best ending should include:
- Voldemort and the DE being punished,
- the revealing of ALL character's backgrounds and lives,
- and the explaining off ALL clues and hints so that no end is left loose.
i agree except that a huge battle between the DE and the order which the order win barely with DD dying. Then Harry kicks some Dark Lord ***!!

FINISH HIM
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2003, 6:35 pm
First Year

best ending

For Harry to live get married to Ginny become DDA prof and then later on become headmaster and have a nomral life after he kills Voldermont

Old November 11th, 2003, 8:46 am
Second Year

You know how in the very first chapter its titled "The Boy who Lived?" What if its reused in the last one as "The Boy who Lived"?

Old November 11th, 2003, 2:37 pm
Third Year

Yah that would be pretty good to......I always liked "The man who lived" but I never liked thinking of harry as a man.........*shudders* I don't know why.....maybe cuz it means the end of the series......

Old November 11th, 2003, 6:50 pm
Seventh Year

I want the series to end with Voldemort and the Death Eaters vanquished, so there will be an uplifting ending even if lots of people have to die to achieve it. I'd rather Harry and the other good characters don't die except for a good reason. Like Rotsie, I want the loose ends tied up, and I'd feel cheated if the book ended with the defeat of evil without describing its impact on everyone's lives. The battle might have costs as well as benefits.

My chief weapon is shipping neutrality...and avoidance of over-analysis. My two weapons are shipping neutrality, avoidance of over-analysis, and a sense of humour. My three weapons are shipping neutrality, avoidance of over-analysis, and a sense of humour...and an almost fanatical devotion to Remus Lupin. Among my weapons are...
...I'll come in again.
Old November 11th, 2003, 7:03 pm
Second Year

The End.

The first chapter of the first book was called “The Boy Who Lived”, the last chapter of the last book will be called “The Man Who Died”.

Eggplant

Old November 11th, 2003, 10:42 pm
Sixth Year

I think that JKR will choose the best ending for the book. I trust her with that! I don't think my imagination can parallel what she has in her head so I'm leaving it to the creator of the series. However, I would like to see Voldemort gone. Forever. End of story.

Old November 16th, 2003, 12:59 pm
Fourth Year

The most glorious ending:
Like most of you have said, Harry dies,
Arthur is minister of Magic
Ron & Hermione get together as auror like *** mckinnons or longbottoms and to carry on harry's legacy
Neville, McGongall becomes head master/mistress.
Neville & Ginny.

The most happiest ending:
harry lives,
HARRY & GINNY, RON & HERMIONE all become auros
ARthur as minister,
McGongall becomes head master

The ok ending:
Harry lives, shrouds away from everyone wanting to be left alone
except for his closest friends

The Saddiest ending
Hermione dies trying to save RON, but both harry and ron live.

The most morbid
AD dies, Hagrid Dies, Lupin Dies, mcgonagall to be headmistress
arthur weasley to be minister, AND RON & hermione died trying to save harry who then finishes voldemort. And harry is left withthe pain of being alone again. BUt GInny is still there trying to help him.

The FUnniest ending
somone posted that he wakes up and he's still 11. THat's funny

Old November 17th, 2003, 10:38 pm
Third Year

I think the best ending for the series would be Harry to die in battle against Voldie. Like right after harry killed Voldie and he's all weak and such. It would be an honerable death. i woudln't be as happy if it was "and he lived happily ever after w/ blah blah blah ihis wife, and became and auror" not as dramatic...w/e we'll see what happens

Old November 17th, 2003, 10:50 pm
First Year

I think Harry dying would be the absolute dumbest thing that could happen. I could see Hagrid, Dumbledore, or Ron dying, however. I also don't think Voldemort should die - I agree with the member who said JK should leave it a mystery as to what happened.

Old November 17th, 2003, 10:55 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I think that JKR will choose the best ending for the book. I trust her with that! I don't think my imagination can parallel what she has in her head so I'm leaving it to the creator of the series. However, I would like to see Voldemort gone. Forever. End of story.
Ya I agree 100 %. You guys can talk all you want about how the books will end, but I'm sure JKR is going to think of something completely different, leaving all of us satisfied. Ive seen too many good trilogies and book series finish with a bad with a boring ending. Also JKR will hopefully write a 8th book for charity telling us what happens to everyone once they leave school

Old November 17th, 2003, 11:21 pm
Third Year

I do agree. I love speculating,but I leave it up to Jkr,the harry potter queen.

Old November 17th, 2003, 11:50 pm
First Year

I really can't have Harry die. He will have gone thru to much to have it end that sad. We need alittle happiness for the "boy who lived." I know more people that Harry cares for will die, but he will handle it and carry on.

Old November 18th, 2003, 1:22 am
First Year

I can think of two ways there could be sad endings. One, Harry could die, two, he leaves all of his friends at Hogwarts.

Old November 18th, 2003, 3:20 am
Fifth Year

I think that the series can end with Harry living and yet not be happily ever after. Even after Harry induces the death of Voldemort, that doesn't mean all the other Death Eaters will go away. Maybe Harry as an adult will be an auror fighting a new generation of Death Eaters led by Draco Malfoy.

Old November 18th, 2003, 7:27 am
First Year

Yeah, It would be ok for Harry to die. He would be such a celebrity if he survived. "Hey, Its harry potter: The boy who lived twice!" It just seems a bit odd. If JK made the book end with Harry waking up from a dream, I think that he would have to wake up with his mum and dad and Sirius and Lupin all round him (and he can't remember anything from his dream). That'd be cool. OR...

We find out Crookshanks has the head of Voldemort sticking out of his left paw. Harry gets his finger bitten off by Crookshanks and Chrookshanks falls to his doom into some random volcano. They all go home. They all die on the way home. The End.

You pick your favourite Whatever JK thinks will blow our socks off is fine by me.

Never more to wake on a stony bed,
never, till the sun fails and the moon is dead.
In the black wind the stars shall die,
and still on gold here let them lie,
till the dark lord lifts his hand
over dead sea and withered land.
Old November 18th, 2003, 8:48 pm
Third Year

Now that I think about it......if it all was a dream.....that would be a little Wizard of Oz like.......wouldn't it be?

Old November 18th, 2003, 9:02 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseheads
Also JKR will hopefully write a 8th book for charity telling us what happens to everyone once they leave school
If Harry survives, there will be more books. The story might end but Harry and some other people will survive.

The best possible ending!?

That's very difficult. Of course, I want that Harry will survive because the moment Harry is dying would be a very very sad one.

A few posts above mine it was said, that JKR has sth. different in mind. So, why must the Story end in Hogwarts. She said that her will be a book for every year he's in Hogwarts. Maybe there are books about Harry becoming an auror fighting against Voldemort all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansweep11
Now that I think about it......if it all was a dream.....that would be a little Wizard of Oz like.......wouldn't it be?
The "It was all just a dream" ending ist so overused that it would be the most boring ending that could happen...

Bender: (asleep) Must kill all humans... (awake) Hey Fry I had the most wonderful dream of my life and I think you were in it!

Old November 19th, 2003, 12:23 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansweep11
Oh no, Please not the wizard of oz / Dallas ending. I just couldn't handle that at all. JKR did hint of it once though in SS when Harry woke up that next morning after meeting Hagrid, he was sure it was all a dream. 7 year dream though seems alittle long and too organized. But we will see.

Old November 19th, 2003, 2:03 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by v@sh
IMO, if Harry dies it should be a heroic death where he defeats Voldemort. If he dies, then he will be able to finally return to his family. It would be fitting in a way that he is able to see his parents again.

But the other part of me says that I'd rather Harry live on and live the life he has always wanted - to be a normal wizard without the pressures of the world on him - be happy, enjoy life, and find love. It would be cruel to have him killed off with all that he has suffered throughout his life and then not for him to enjoy any of it once he defeats Voldemort. I reckon that would be the best possible ending and who knows if Luna has someway he can talk to his family behind the veil, he mighten need not to die.
How would Luna of all people find a way for him to talk to the family behind the veil. Speaking of the veil. I don't know exactly what it is. Whose voices did he hear from behind it and what would have happened if he had gone through it. Why couldnt Sirius come out? I NEED ANSWERS!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies