Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Old October 20th, 2007, 12:08 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Remake Harry Potter

Um, can anyone think of a good idea of showing it is Harry's Birthday? I really like how Kloves did it, but can't really think of anything else.

---
Once again, where is everyone. Am I talking to myself?

Because I couldn't think of anything different, I ended up doing something similar.

Harry's Bday:    

PS: The Letters From No OneINT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - EVENING
(30/7/1991)

Harry tries to keep warm, lying on the stone floor, under the thin blanket that is over him. Snores fill the room. Dudley is sleeping on the couch. THUNDER. Harry turns over to were he has written "Happy Birthday" in the dust. He put a circle around it, making a cake. He looks at Dudley's watch, which danging over the edge of the couch, on his wrist. 11:58pm. He turns back to his cake, he marks in the candles, and remembers...

FADES TO:

INT. KiTCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE - MORNING
(FLASHBACK) (31/7/1990)

Vernon hands Harry a coat-hanger and a pair of mustard socks.

VERNON DURSLEY
There you go.

FADES TO:

INT. SHACK-ON-THE-ROCK - EVENING
(30-31/7/1991)

Ten. Eleven. Harry looks at the cake quite sombre. He turns to Dudley's watch. 11:59:56. :57. :58. :59.

BOOM.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 20th, 2007 at 3:42 am.
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2007, 7:57 am

The Next Scene (With no Cuts AT ALL)
Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid
The It-doesn't-leave-out-anything Hut-on-the-Rock scene:    

PS:The Keeper of the KeysINT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MIDNIGHT (30/7/1991)

Harry tries to keep warm, lying on the stone floor, under the thin blanket that is over him. Snores fill the room. Dudley is sleeping on the couch. THUNDER. Harry turns over to were he has written "Happy Birthday" in the dust. He put a circle around it, making a cake. He looks at Dudley's watch, which danging over the edge of the couch, on his wrist. 11:58pm. He turns back to his cake, he marks in the candles, and remembers...

FADES TO:

INT. KiTCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE - MORNING (FLASHBACK) (31/7/1990)

VERNON DURSLEY
There you go.

FADES TO:

INT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MIDNIGHT (30-31/7/1991)

Ten candles. Eleven. Harry looks at the cake quite sombre. He turns to Dudley's watch. 11:59:56. :57. :58. :59. BOOM. The door shudders. BOOM. And again. Harry stands up. Dudley has woken up, looking around, scared.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Where's the cannon?

Vernon comes into the room, holding a rifle, Petunia bringing up his rear.

VERNON DURSLEY
Who's there? I warn you, I'm armed!

SMASH. The door falls down and RUBEUS HAGRID walks in. He says cheerfully...

RUBEUS HAGRID
Couldn’t make us a cup o’ tea, could yeh? It’s not been an easy journey…

He picks up the door and puts it back in its place. Petunia and Vernon simply look at each other. Hagrid moves toward the couch where Dudley is paralyzed with shock.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Budge up, yeh great lump.

Dudley quickly gets off the couch and cowers behind his parents. Hagrid looks at Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID
And here's Harry! Las’ time I saw you, you was only a baby. Yeh look a lot like yer dad, but yeh’ve got yer mum’s eyes.

Vernon gets his confidence back, gripping the rifle tight again.

VERNON DURSLEY
I demand that you leave at once, sir! You are breaking and entering!

RUBEUS HAGRID
Ah, shut up, Dursley, yeh great prune.

He turns and takes the rifle from Vernon. He then easily bends it into a knot and throws it into a corner. Vernon makes a noise like a mouse being trodden on.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Anyway. Harry, a very happy birthday to yeh. Got summat fer yeh here. I mighta sat on it at some point, but it’ll taste all right.

Hagrid pulls a squashed box and hands it to Harry, who opens in to find a cake with "Happy Birthday Harry" written on it. Harry looks up at Hagrid, confused.

HARRY POTTER
Who are you?

RUBEUS HAGRID
(Chuckling)
True, I haven’t introduced meself. Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts.

Hagrid holds out his hand then shakes Harry's arm.

RUBEUS HAGRID
What about that tea then, eh? I’d not say no ter summat stronger if yeh’ve got it, mind.

His eyes find the empty fireplace where chip packets lay shrivelled. He snorts, then bends over it and when he stands up again, the fireplace is ablaze. Hagrid takes a kettle, sausages, a poker, a teapot, and some mugs and begins to make tea and cook sausages.

VERNON DURSLEY
Don’t touch anything he gives you, Dudley.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yer great puddin’ of a son don’ need fattenin’ anymore, Dursley, don’ worry.

Hagrid passes a cooked sausage to Harry, who eats it hungrily, yet doesn't look away from Hagrid. When he is finished, he says.

HARRY POTTER
I’m sorry, but I still don’t really know who you are.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Call me Hagrid, everyone does. An’ like I told yeh, I’m Keeper of Keys at Hogwarts – yeh’ll know all about Hogwarts, o’ course.

HARRY POTTER
Er – no.

Hagrid looks shocked

HARRY POTTER
Sorry

RUBEUS HAGRID
Sorry?
(He looks at the Dursleys)
It’s them as should be sorry! I knew yeh weren’t gettin’ yer letters but I never thought yeh wouldn’t even know abou’ Hogwarts, fer cryin’ out loud! Did yeh never wonder where yet parents learned it all?

HARRY POTTER
All what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
All what! Now wait jus’ one second!
(He now stands up and the Dursleys cower)
Do you mean ter tell me,’ he growled at the Dursleys, ‘that this boy – this boy! – knows nothin’ abou’ – about ANYTHING?

HARRY POTTER
I know some things. I can, you know, do maths and stuff.

RUBEUS HAGRID
About our world, I mean. Your world. My world. Yer parents’ world.

HARRY POTTER
What world?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Dursley!

Vernon cowers even more.

RUBEUS HAGRID
But yeh must know about yet mum and dad,’ he said. ‘I mean, they’re famous. You’re famous.

HARRY POTTER
What? My – my mum and dad weren’t famous, were they?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeh don’ know ... yeh don’ know ... yeh don’ know what yeh are?

Vernon suddenly steps out.

VERNON DURSLEY
Stop! Stop right there, sit! I forbid you to tell the boy anything!

Hagrid turns on Vernon.

RUBEUS HAGRID
You never told him? Never told him what was in the letter Dumbledore left fer him? I was there! I saw Dumbledore leave it, Dursley! An’ you’ve kept it from him all these years?

HARRY POTTER
Kept what from me?

VERNON DURSLEY
STOP! I FORBID YOU!

Petunia gives a gasp from the corner.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Ah, go boil yet heads, both of yeh,’ said Hagrid. ‘Harry – yer a wizard.

Complete silence.

HARRY POTTER
I’m a what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
A wizard, o’ course, an’ a thumpin’ good’un, I’d say, once yeh’ve been trained up a bit. With a mum an’ dad like yours, what else would yeh be? An’ I reckon it’s abou’ time yeh read yer letter.

From his pocket Hagrid extracts another letter. He passes it to Harry. Harry opens it. It says: "HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY, Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore, (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards), Dear Mr Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress." Harry reads:

HARRY POTTER (O.S.)
Dear Mr Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Harry closes the letter, shocked. After a while he says...

HARRY POTTER
What does it mean, they await my owl?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gallopin’ Gorgons, that reminds me.

From another pocket he pulls a real live owl, a quill and a piece of parchment. He scribbles a note, ties it to the owls leg, and throws the owl out the window. Harry stands there with his mouth open.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Where was I?

Vernon moves forward again.

VERNON DURSLEY
He's not going.

RUBEUS HAGRID
I’d like ter see a great Muggle like you stop him.

HARRY POTTER
A what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
A Muggle, it's what we call non-magic folk like them. An’ it’s your bad luck you grew up in a family o’ the biggest Muggles I ever laid eyes on.

VERNON DURSLEY
We swore when we took him in we’d put a stop to that rubbish, swore we’d stamp it out of him! Wizard indeed!

HARRY POTTER
You knew? You knew I’m a – a wizard?

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Knew! Knew! Of course we knew! How could you not be, my dratted sister being what she was? Oh, she got a letter just like that and disappeared off to that – that school - and came home every holiday with her pockets full of frog spawn, turning teacups into rats. I was the only one who saw her for what she was – a freak! But for my mother and father, oh no, it was Lily this and Lily that, they were proud of having a witch in the family! Then she met that Potter at school and they left and got married and had you, and of course I knew you’d be just the same, just as strange, just as – as – abnormal – and then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up and we got landed with you!

HARRY POTTER
Blown up? You told me they died in a car crash!

RUBEUS HAGRID
CAR CRASH! How could a car crash kill Lily an’ James Potter? It’s an outrage! A scandal! Harry Potter not knowin’ his own story when every kid in our world knows his name!

HARRY POTTER
But why? What happened?

RUBEUS HAGRID
I never expected this. I had no idea, when Dumbledore told me there might be trouble gettin’ hold of yeh, how much yeh didn’t know. Ah, Harry, I don’ know if I’m the right person ter tell yeh – but someone’s gotta – yeh can’t go off ter Hogwarts not knowin’.
(He looks angrily at the Dursleys)
Well, it’s best yeh know as much as I can tell yeh - mind, I can’t tell yeh everythin’, it’s a great myst’ry, parts of it. It begins, I suppose, with - with a person called – but it’s incredible yeh don’t know his name, everyone in our world knows –

HARRY POTTER
Who?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Well – I don’ like sayin’ the name if I can help it. No one does.

HARRY POTTER
Why not?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gulpin’ gargoyles, Harry, people are still scared. Blimey, this is difficult. See, there was this wizard who went ... bad. As bad as you could go. Worse. Worse than worse. His name was...

Hagrid gulps.

HARRY POTTER
Could you write it down?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Nah – can’t spell it. All right – Voldemort. Don’ make me say it again. Anyway, this – this wizard, about twenty years ago now, started lookin’ fer followers. Got ‘em, too – some were afraid, some just wanted a bit o’ his power, ‘cause he was gettin’ himself power, all right. Dark days, Harry. Didn’t know who ter trust, didn’t dare get friendly with strange wizards or witches… Terrible things happened. He was takin’ over. ‘Course, some stood up to him – an’ he killed ‘em. Horribly. One o’ the only safe places left was Hogwarts. Reckon Dumbledore’s the only one You-Know-Who was afraid of. Didn’t dare try takin’ the school, not jus’ then, anyway. Now, yer mum an’ dad were as good a witch an’ wizard as I ever knew. Head boy an’ girl at Hogwarts in their day! Suppose the myst’ry is why You-Know-Who never tried to get ‘em on his side before ... probably knew they were too close ter Dumbledore ter want anythin’ ter do with the Dark Side. Maybe he thought he could persuade ‘em… maybe he just wanted ‘em outta the way. All anyone knows is, he turned up in the village where you was all living, on Halloween ten years ago. You was just a year old. He came ter yer house an’ – an’ –

Hagrid pulls out his handkerchief and blows his nose.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Sorry. But it’s that sad – knew yer mum an’ dad, an’ nicer people yeh couldn’t find – anyway ... You-Know-Who killed ‘em. An’ then – an’ this is the real myst’ry of the thing – he tried to kill you, too. Wanted ter make a clean job of it, I suppose, or maybe he just liked killin’ by then. But he couldn’t do it. Never wondered how you got that mark on yer forehead? That was no ordinary cut. That’s what yeh get when a powerful, evil curse touches yeh – took care of yer mum an’ dad an’ yer house, even – but it didn’t work on you, an’ that’s why yer famous, Harry. No one ever lived after he decided ter kill ‘em, no one except you, an’ he’d killed some o’ the best witches an’ wizards of the age – the McKinnons, the Bones, the Prewetts – an’ you was only a baby, an’ you lived.
Harry looks away from Hagrid and the screen fills with green light and a high, cold laugh is heard.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Took yeh from the ruined house myself, on Dumbledore’s orders. Brought yeh ter this lot...

VERNON DURSLEY
Load of tosh.

Vernon steps forward once again.

VERNON DURSLEY
Now, you listen here, boy, I accept there’s something strange about you, probably nothing a good beating wouldn’t have cured – and as for all this about your parents, well, they were weirdos, no denying it, and the world’s better off without them in my opinion – asked for all they got, getting mixed up with these wizarding types – just what I expected, always knew they’d come to a sticky end –

Suddenly Hagrid leaps from the couch and draws a pink umbrella in front of Vernon.

RUBEUS HAGRID
I’m warning you, Dursley – I’m warning you – one more word...

Vernon looks rather scared by the umbrella and draws back.

RUBEUS HAGRID
That’s better.

Hagrid sits back on the couch.

HARRY POTTER
But what happened to Vol – sorry – I mean, You-Know-Who?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Good question, Harry. Disappeared. Vanished. Same night he tried ter kill you. Makes yeh even more famous. That’s the biggest myst’ry, see … he was gettin’ more an’ more powerful – why’d he go? Some say he died. Codswallop, in my opinion. Dunno if he had enough human left in him to die. Some say he’s still out there, bidin’ his time, like, but I don’ believe it. People who was on his side came back ter ours. Some of ‘em came outta kinda trances. Don’ reckon they could’ve done if he was comin’ back. Most of us reckon he’s still out there somewhere but lost his powers. Too weak to carry on. ‘Cause somethin’ about you finished him, Harry. There was somethin’ goin’ on that night he hadn’t counted on – I dunno what it was, no one does - but somethin’ about you stumped him, all right.

Harry looks into Hagrid's warm eyes, which are respecting him. Harry's green eyes are confused.

HARRY POTTER
Hagrid, I think you must have made a mistake. I don’t think I can be a wizard.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Not a wizard, eh? Never made things happen when you was scared or angry?

Harry looks into the fire remembers something.

SNAKE (V.O.)
Brazil here I come...thanksss, amigo

Harry looks back at Hagrid, to see him smiling back at him.

RUBEUS HAGRID
See? Harry Potter, not a wizard – you wait, you’ll be right famous at Hogwarts.

VERNON DURSLEY
Haven’t I told you he’s not going? He’s going to Stonewall High and he’ll be grateful for it. I’ve read those letters and he needs all sorts of rubbish - spell books and wands and –

RUBEUS HAGRID
If he wants ter go, a great Muggle like you won’t stop him. Stop Lily an’ James Potter’s son goin’ ter Hogwarts! Yer mad. His name’s been down ever since he was born. He’s off ter the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world. Seven years there and he won’t know himself. He’ll be with youngsters of his own sort, fer a change, an’ he’ll be under the greatest headmaster Hogwarts ever had, Albus Dumbled –

VERNON DURSLEY
I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOME CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH HIM MAGIC TRICKS!

Hagrid takes out his umbrella again.

RUBEUS HAGRID
NEVER – INSULT – ALBUS – DUMBLEDORE – IN – FRONT – OF – ME!

He points the umbrella at Dudley. A flash of violet light. A squeal of pain. Dudley hops around, holding his buttocks. A pig's tail is seen between them. The Dursleys rush into the other room.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Shouldn’ta lost me temper, but it didn’t work anyway. Meant ter turn him into a pig, but I suppose he was so much like a pig anyway there wasn’t much left ter do.

Hagrid looks at Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Be grateful if yeh didn’t mention that ter anyone at Hogwarts. I’m – er – not supposed ter do magic, strictly speakin’. I was allowed ter do a bit ter follow yeh an’ get yer letters to yeh an’ stuff – one o’ the reasons I was so keen ter take on the job.

HARRY POTTER
Why aren’t you supposed to do magic?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Oh, well – I was at Hogwarts meself but I – er – got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wand in half an’ everything. But Dumbledore let me stay on as gamekeeper. Great man, Dumbledore.

HARRY POTTER
Why were you expelled?

Hagrid changes the subject.

RUBEUS HAGRID
It’s gettin’ late and we’ve got lots ter do tomorrow. Gotta get up ter town, get all yer books an’ that.

He takes off his coat and hands it to Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID
You can kip under that. Don’ mind if it wriggles a bit, I think I still got a couple o’ dormice in one o’ the pockets.

Old October 26th, 2007, 1:30 pm
Second Year

ArryGrotter, you're film will probably be about 6 hours long... it's simply too long. I suggest you make a lot of cuts. The official version is much better.

I'm write now working on a DH script. It has a lot less cuts then my previous scripts (I ended up including stuff like Lily's letter). I hope you'll enjoy it and give me feedback. here it is:

DH Script - Until Kreacher:    

DH

EXT. A STREET

Two men, both dressed in black, are walking together. They both are hooded, and we can't see their face yet.

PERSON 1
News?

The other person takes off his hood, we see it is SEVERUS SNAPE.

SNAPE
The best.

EXT. A STREET (FEW MOMENTS LATER)

The two men are walking until they reach a giant mansion. The other man now have his hood down too – it is YAXLEY. They reach a gate – They both roll back their sleeves to reveal the DARK MARK. They put it near a sensor-like object, and the gate opens.

INT. MALFOY MANSION, DRAWING ROOM

The room is full of people. LORD VOLDEMORT is sitting in the biggest chair. To his sides we can see some familiar faces: DRACO MALFOY, LUCIOS MALFOY, BELLATRIX LESTRANGE, PETER PETTIGREW and some random DEs. an apparently unconscious human figure hanging upside down over the table, revolving slowly as if suspended by an invisible rope. We can't see it's face yet.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Yaxley, Snape – you're late.

YAXLEY
It was a little trickier than I expected.. But I'm glad to announce I have good news, my lord.

SNAPE
I got some good news too, my lord.

LORD VOLDEMORT
So? What's the news?

SNAPE
My Lord, the Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on Saturday next, at nightfall.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Saturday… at nightfall. Good. And this information comes -

SNAPE
– from a very reliable source, my lord.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Where are they going to hide the boy next?

SNAPE
At the home of one of the Order. The place, according to the source, has been given every protection that the Order could provide. I think that there is little chance of taking him once he is there, my Lord.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Very well. If we could not get to him where he's going, we'll get him while he's travelling. Yaxley – I was under the impression you brought some news too.

YAXLEY
I have some good news indeed, my lord. I have – with difficulty, and after great effort – succeeded in placing an Imperius Curse upon Pius Thicknesse.

LORD VOLDEMORT
It is a start, But Thicknesse is only one man. Scrimgeour must be surrounded by our people before we try to kill him.

YAXLEY
Yes – my Lord, that is true – but you know, as Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Thicknesse has regular contact not only with the Minister himself, but also with the Heads of all the other Ministry departments. It will, I think, be easy now that we have such a high-ranking official under our control, to subjugate the others, and then they can all work together to bring Scrimgeour down.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Very well then, Yaxley.

He suddenly points his wand on the unconscious figure above them; it come backs to life, and we finally sees it's face – it is Ollivander, the wand maker.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Hello, Ollivander.

OLLIVANDER
Please… no… I'll do anything…

LORD VOLDEMORT
That's the spirit, Ollivander. Now I need some information for you…

Music begins. Camera zoom out of the window, and on the skies we see the writing:

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.

INT. HARRY'S ROOM

UNCLE VERNON
BOY!!!

Harry looks irritated but goes downstairs.

INT. DURSLEY'S LIVING ROON

All three durselys in the living room.

HARRY
What now? Changed your mind again?

UNCLE VERNON
It can't be real, what you're saying. It's just a plot to capture us and… well, we're not going.

HARRY
Capture you? Not real? Are you actually as stupid as you look? They'll torture you and kill you!!

UNCLE VERNON
Who are they?

HARRY
Voldemort! Death Eatres – his followers. Dementors. Giants. Inferius. You don't want all these at you, don't you?

UNCLE VERNON
But what do they want from us?

HARRY
They are looking for me. They know you are close to me. We suspect they will try to torture you to give them my whereabouts, or hold you as hostages believing I'll come to rescue you.

UNCLE VERNON
So what do you offer?

HARRY
Protection. The best there is. You'll be hidden in much better ways then you can probably imagine, and if Voldemort finds you anyway, then you'll have a whole bunch of wizards trying to defend you.

DUDLEY (SCARED)
Daddy, I'm going with this order lot.

HARRY
Very well then. They'll pick you up in a few minutes.

INT. DURSLEY'S ENTRANCE, LATER

The door is open and two wizards – Dedalous Digel and Hestia Jones stand behind it. The three Dursleys, all with bags in their hands, turn to leave. Harry is looking at them from behind.

UNCLE VERNON
Goodbye then, boy.

HARRY
Bye.

They turn to leave. Petunia hesitate. For a minute it looks like she have something to say… but then she turns away without a word.

A knock on the door.

HARRY
Who's there?

MOODY
It's us.

Harry opens the door, and he find Lupin and Moody in the front, both with their wands aimed at him.

LUPIN
What's your Patronous and who taught you to do it?

HARRY
A stag. And it was you who did it.

Both lower their wand.

LUPIN
New security measures. I had to check you're not an impostor.

HARRY
That's fine. Come inside.

The two of them come in, followed by Tonks, Kingsley, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur Fred, George, Ginny, Arthur and Hagrid.

HARRY
I didn't expected so many of you!

MOODY
Change of plan. Voldemort has managed to get a few people inside the ministry. They have way of capturing people who's apparating or using the floo network. We'll have to move in the open.

HARRY
But how are we going to move?

MOODY
Broomstick. Thesthrals. Flying Motorbikes.

HARRY
But if the Death Eaters spot us…

MOODY
I forgot to mention the key point. There will be seven Harry Potters in the sky tonight. You… and six impostors. Each one of us are going to fly into a different safehouse, from which we are going to take a portkey to the borrow. If Death Eaters spot us, they wouldn't know who to attack.

HARRY
NO! I won't put six of you in danger because…

MOODY
You have no choice, son.

LUPIN
And beside, the impostors won't be in danger, because Voldemort want you alive, Harry. The protectors, however…

MOODY
We're all going to be alright if we'll stick to the plan. Let's go now.

EXT. DURSLEY'S OUTSIDE, LATER

People all around Harry drink. While them transform, Hagrid turns to Harry.

HAGRID
You'll be with me, alright Harry? And we'll be flying on Sirius old motorbike. Arthur had installed a few tricks in it, so if the Death Eaters spot us… we'll have a few surprises for them.

Fred and George drink and transform to 2 Harry’s.

FRED & GEORGE
Wow, were identical!

MOODY
OK everybody, here we go!

EXT. FLYING IN THE OPEN

With a great ROAR, The flying motorbike is taking off and going to the sky, followed by everybody else. Hedwig is sitting in a cage near Harry. Suddenly, out of nowhere, loads of death eaters are surrunding them. Four of them are chasing Harry and Hagrid.

HAGRID
We’ll teach them not to mess with us!

He clicks on a red button, and with a great roar a lot of fire is going out of the motorbike’s back, hitting the DE.

HAGRID
That one was my idea.

HARRY
We didn’t get rid of them yet! Look!

A random death eater approach, pointing his wand at them.

DEATH EATER
Avada Ke-

HARRY
Stupifey!

The death eater is frozen, fell of his broom.

HARRY
NO! I didn’t want him to fall down, I don’t want them dead -

HAGRID
He tried to kill ye, Harry! And beside, he’s not dead, he still got his wand, he’ll save himself!

They are flying fast when a second DE approach

DEATH EATER
Avada Kedavra!

The motorcycle takes a sharp turn to avoid the green light, which hits the side of it – Hedwig. Hedwing falls in her cage, dead.

HARRY
NO! HEDWIG! NO!

Harry clicks on the red button himself this time. Fire is going out Sirius motorcycle again.

HAGRID
Hold on Harry!

HARRY
HAGRID! OVER THERE! IT’S HIM! VOLDEMORT...

Camera goes to show Voldemort flying without any suppurt, attacking a nearby pair on a broom.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

His curse hits Mad-Eye Moody full in the face. Moody falls backwards, of his broom and out of sight.

HARRY
NO! MAD-EYE!

Voldemort turns to face them, but Hagrid clicks on the red button again and he dissapear out of sight.

HARRY
Mad-eye...

HAGRID
There’s nothing you can do for him now, Harry. We’ll just have to get ourselves safely.

Another three death eaters block their way.

DEATH EATER
It’s the real Potter! That’s his owl!

HARRY
EXPELIARMUS!

The DE wand is flying out of his hand.

HAGRID
Hold tight Harry, wer’re nearly there!

HARRY
QUICK! IT’S HIM!

Voldemort approach, his wand raised and pointed at Harry.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

Hagrid takes a very sharp turn and the green light miss them. However he falls to the side because the turn is so sharp.

HARRY
HAGRID!

Voldemort turn to Harry again, pointing his wand at Harry – and then he’s hitten in a invisible barrier and stay behind. Harry crashes down. Molly, Fred, Arthur, Kingsley, Bill, Fleur, Hermione, Lupin and Ginny comes from behind them.

MOLLY
Harry! You’re alright?

HARRY
I am, but Hagrid – over there!

Arthur and Kingsley approach him.

ARTHUR
He’s fine!

HARRY
What stopped Voldemort?

MOLLY
Must have been our protecting charms. We worked really hard on them.

HARRY
Oh, and... well, it’s Mad-Eye. He’s dead.

Everybody turn white and pale.

HARRY
Voldemort did it. I saw it.

HERMIONE
Mad-Eye? But he can’t die, he always seemed so tough!

LUPIN
Yeah, but when Voldemort wants to kill you... well, you don’t have a lot of chance. Anyway, Voldemort acted excatly as Mad-Eye suspected he would – he attacked the toughest auror first, believing that Harry will probably be with them.

HARRY
That’s why he got to me and Hagrid so late.

Quiet falls down.
HARRY
Where are Ron, George and Tonks?

MOLLY
Ron and Tonks are not here yet. And George... he’s inside.

HARRY
Is he alright?

LUPIN
He was hit by Snape. He’s fine, but... he lost his ear. Come inside to see him.

INT. THE BURROW

Everybody enters. George is sitting in a chair, with bandage all around his ear.

ARTHUR
How do you feel?

GEORGE
Saint-like.

FRED (PALE)
What? (turns to his mother) Is he okay? Isn’t his mind affected?

GEORGE
I feel holy. Holey. Geddit, Fred? Holey.

FRED (NORMAL AGAIN)
Pathetic! From all the wide world of ear related homour you went with holey?

George laughs.

GEORGE
Where’s the others anyway?

ARTHUR
Mad-eye’s dead.

GEORGE
No! He can’t be...

All fall silent again. A look on Lupin’s pale and worried face.

HARRY
You’re alright, Remus?

LUPIN
Yes, it’s just that... I’m worried for Dora. Tonks, as you call her.

Harry looks confused.

LUPIN
You don’t even know, do you? Didn’t we tell you?

KINGSLEY
Well, we had other things on our mind. Getting Harry in here safely, for example.

LUPIN
Well, Dora and I are getting married.

HARRY
Really? Congratulations!

LUPIN
Thank you, Harry. Here they are, I think!

Tonks and Ron approach, flying on a broom. Both look exhausted with minor injuries on their body.

LUPIN
Dora!

Lupin runs forward and hug his wife. Harry runs to see Ron, but Hermione gets there first and hug him.

LUPIN
What kept you?

TONKS
It’s Bellatrix. She tried very hard to kill me.

FRED
But why would she do that?

Nobody answers. Tonks and Lupin share a very grim look between each other.

TONKS
I’m glad you’re all safe. But where’s Mad-Eye?

LUPIN
He... he was murdered. By Voldemort.

They all fall silent, sharing grim looks.

INT. A DARK ROOM

CUT to a dark room. A old scared man is bowing to an unseen character.

MR. OLLIVANDERS
NO! Please don’t kill me... I’ll do anything...

LORD VOLDEMORT (ANGRY)
Then tell me how to overcome Harry Potter!

MR. OLLIVANDER
I don’t know... Please...

LORD VOLDEMORT
You are no use to me if you don’t know, Ollivander! Perhaps I’ll kill you and finish with it!

MR. OLLIVANDER
NO! Please... I might be able to help you...

LORD VOLDEMORT
You are able, Ollivander. I need information. And you better be able to give it to me…

INT. HARRY’S BEDROOM

We cut to Harry’s bedroom. Harry is lying on the floor, sweating, holding his scar. Ron and Hemrione approach him.

HERMIONE
Harry? What happend? You... you look terrible!

HARRY (SITS UP)
Better than Ollivander, I expect.

RON
Ollivander? The wandmaker? What happend to him?

HARRY
Voldemort’s holding him as a hostage. He’s trying to get information from him.

RON
Information? About what?

HARRY
I don’t know.

Silence fall.
HARRY
When... when are we leaving, then?

RON
Leaving?

HARRY
We got 4 Horcruxes to destroy, and then Voldemort himself!

RON
Right... Remus and Tonks wedding is tommorow. I think we should stay, and then we can leave...

HERMIONE
Fine then. I’ll pack early, just in case we have to make a quick escape.

RON
What about that locket? Wasn't it taken by this guy, RAB?

HERMIONE
Yes, we'll need to find him.

HARRY
But... If you’ll leave with me, you don’t reckon they’ll... they’ll try to attack your family to get information on my whereabout?

HERMIONE
Though of that already. I bewitched my parents to think they are different people, and to make them forget they have a daughter, and they are now in Australia.

HARRY (SHOCKED)
Wow... what about you, Ron? You can’t hide your whole family, can’t you?

RON
No, but I found a solution too. Follow me.

INT. HIGHEST FLOOR ON THE BORROW.

The trio climb the stairs to reach the last bedroom. Ron enter.

RON
This, Harry, is the old family Ghoul.

We see the ghoul, dressed in pyjamas and with red hair.

HARRY
I still don’t get it.
RON
He’s going to be me... with Spattergroit. That’s a really terrible disease, you see. We’re going to put out a word that I’m ill, and when the Death Eaters wil come, we can show them the ghoul.

HARRY
But... it dosen’t look like you at all, Ron.

RON
Well... Spattergroit messes with your skin, so when you have it – you do not look like yourself at all. And it dosen’t matter he can’t talk either, because apparently when you’re sick with it, you can’t talk.

HARRY
It’s brilliant.

INT. BURROW LIVING ROOM, LATER THAT DAY.

The living room is crowded. Everyone comes to hug Harry. Molly Weasley comes forward with a big, snitch-shaped cake.

MOLLY
Happy birthday, Harry!

HARRY
Thank you, Mrs. Weasley.

RON
Where's dad?

MOLLY
He's still at work. He got a lot to do…

Hagrid comes to Harry.

HAGRID
Happy birthday, Harry!

HARRY
Thank you, Hagrid.

HAGRID
Couldn’t think what to get you, but then I found this...

Hands out the pouch.

HAGRID
Put anything in it, and no one but the owner can open it!

HARRY
That’s really cool. Thank you!

Suddenly a Weasel Patronus arrive.

RON
Dad.

PATRONUS
Minister coming with me.

Suddenly Lupin starts moving fast.

LUPIN
I got to go Harry; Sorry, I'll explain later. Come, Dora.

He and Tonks disappears. Arthur Weasley and Rufus Scrimegour enters the borrow.

SCRIMEGOUR
Sorry to intrude, especially as I can see that I am gate-crashing a party. (Turns to harry) Many happy returns.

HARRY
Thanks, minister.

SCRIMEGOUR
I want a private word with you, Harry Potter. Also with Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Hermione Granger, If I can.

Arthur opens his mouth to resist; but Harry stops him.

HARRY
Fine.

INT. SITTING ROOM

HARRY
Well then. What did you want?

SCRIMEGOUR
I am here because of the will of Albus Dumbledore. He left the three of you a few items.

RON
You mean… me and Hermione too?

SCRIMEGOUR
Certainly. Would you say you were close to Dumbledore, Ronald?

RON
Me? Not -- not really... It was always Harry who...

Hermione gives him a "Shut up" look.

HERMIONE
You're being modest, Ron. Dumbledore was very fond of you. So what did he left us?

SCRIMEGOUR
To Mr. Ronald Weasley, he left his Deluminator.

RON
The what?

HERMIONE
Deluminator, Ronald. It has the power to suck all the lights from the room. One of Dumbledore's own design.

Scrimegour hand the Deluminator to Ron, who looks at it, stunned.

SCRIMEGOUR
To Ms. Hermione Granger, he left his copy of "The Tales of Beedle the Bard".

Hermione takes the book.

SCRIMEGOUR
This, Mrs. Granger, is a children book. Why did he left you this book?

HERMIONE
He… he knew I like books. Must have though I'll enjoy it.

Scrimegour looks unsatisfied, but goes on.

SCRIMEGOUR
To Harry James Potter, he left… the snitch you caught on your first Quidditch match.

He hands the ball to Harry, who takes it, confused.

SCRIMEGOUR
Why did he left you this Snitch, Mr. Potter? Is there anything you can think of that Dumbledore would like to give you without us knowing?

HARRY
No. Why?

SCRIMEGOUR
Because a snitch is a perfect hiding place for a small object. It remembers the touch of the first person to touch it, and it can bewitched to open itself only to that person. Therefore, no one but you will be able to open that snitch. Take it, Potter.

A dramatic pause. Harry hesitates, but takes the snitch; nothing happens.

SCRIMEGOUR (DISSAPOINTED)
Well then. Dumbledore left you one more thing.

HARRY
What is it?

SCRIMEGOUR
The sword of Godric Gryffindor.

HARRY
Where is it then?

SCRIMEGOUR
Unfortunately that sword was not Dumbledore's to give away. The sword of Godric Gryffindor is an important historical artifact, and as such, belongs to Hogwarts and not do Dumbledore.

HERMIONE
But it's not –

SCRIMEGOUR
I am not here to argue, Miss Granger. I'm afraid I must leave now. I am a busy man, you know.

And with that he turns away, leaving Harry, Ron and Hermione alone.

HERMIONE
Why do you… why do you think Dumbledore left us these objects? The Deluminator? A children book? An old Snitch?

RON
When you took it, Harry, I was sure something was going to happen.

HARRY
Well, yeah… I wasn't going to try too hard in front of Scrimgeour, was I?

HERMIONE
What do you mean?

HARRY
My first Quidditch match, Hermione.

EXT. QUIDDITCH FIELD (FLASHBACK)
Harry, eleven years old, reaches for the snitch, and jumps on it. Minutes later, he spits it from his mouth.

INT. SITTING ROOM
RON
That was the one you nearly swallowed!

HARRY
Yes. And now we shall see...

Harry puts the Snitch in his mouth. Small writing appear on it: I OPEN AT THE CLOSE.

HARRY
I open at the close. But what is the close?

They all fall silent, unknowing.

EXT. BURROW GARDEN

The garden is very decorated (leave that to the decoration people). Harry and Ron, both dressed in dress robes, goes through the wedding, talking with random guests. Suddenly DOBBY approaches, his hands full of food.

DOBBY
Harry Potter!

HARRY
Dobby! What are you doing here?

DOBBY
Working, Harry Potter. Master Lupin and Mistress Tonks hired me as a waitress.

RON
That's great. Better than your last job, anyway.
DOBBY
Yes, Harry Potter. Dobby is still grateful that you released him from the Malfoys! But Dobby got to go now. The ceremony will begin in any second!

HARRY
Bye, Dobby!

With that, he leaves.

EXT. BURROW GARDEN (MOMENTS LATER)

Remus and Tonks are standing on the stage, hand in hand. Between them a little man stands.

LITTLE MAN
I declare you bonded for life.

Everyone applause. Now Luna Lovegood comes, dressed in extremely weird yellow robes.

LUNA
Hello Harry. Hello Ron.

HARRY
Hey Luna. What kept you?

LUNA
One of the garden gnomes bit me (shows him the bite).

RON
That must hurt.

LUNA
It's nothing, really. They are seriously misunderstood creatures, Gnomes. Or to use their correct name - Gernumbli gardensi.

Ron gives a loud snort. A song starts.

LUNA
Oh, I love this song.

She starts to dance, alone, waving her arms.

GINNY (O.S.)
Harry? Can you come here for a moment?

Harry turns to see Ginny looking at him, a determined look on her face.

HARRY
Yeah, fine.
EXT. GARDEN, DESERTED SPOT, HIDDEN BETWEEN BUSHES

Ginny takes Harry by the hand to a hidden spot. She looks at him.

GINNY
You might have noticed, I haven't got you a birthday present.

HARRY
You didn't have to get me anything.

GINNY
I couldn't think what to get you. I wanted something you could take with you… wherever you're going. I though –I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some veela when you're off.
HARRY
I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest.

GINNY
There's the silver lining I've been looking for.

And with that, she kisses him. They kiss for a few seconds, full of desire, then interrupted by sudden panic voices. They break apart.

GINNY
What the - ?

They look back at the garden, where a silver lynx patronus is standing.

PATRONUS
The ministry has fallen. The Minister is dead. They are coming.

EXT. BURROW GARDEN

Everyone panic, and suddenly hooded death eaters are anywhere on the garden, firing spells at everyone. Harry and Ginny comes to help, but Hermione comes quick, moves Harry out of the way.

HERMIONE
They must not know you're here! Come on, we got to escape, I've packed everything, where is Ron? Thank goodness, there he is, come QUICK!

Ron comes, the three of them hold hands.

HERMIONE
One…

- and then a Death Eater see them -

HERMIONE
Two…

He points his wand –

HERMIONE
Three!

They disappear.

EXT. TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD.

The three of them fall in a dark wide street, surrounded by people.

RON
Where are we?

HERMIONE
Tottenham Court Road. First place I could think of.
HARRY
We got to go back, Hermione, what if Voldemort's there, we got to make sure they're safe -

HERMIONE
We can’t worry about that now. It’s you they’re after, Harry, and we’ll just put everyone in even more danger by going back.

They keep walking.

RON
What about our stuff? Our clothes and all?

HERMIONE
It's all here in the bag (points at a small bag).

HARRY
How could possibly so many things could be in there?

HERMIONE
Undetectable Extension Charm. Tricky, but I think I’ve done it okay; anyway, I managed to fit everything we need in here. We need to find a place to change –

RON
Let's just go to the bathrooms of a café or something. Here – there's one over there –

They enter the café.

INT. A CAFE.

Trio go to the bathroom, but before they reach the door 2 Death Eaters blow the door apart. They points their wands at Harry, but Harry hits them first.

HARRY
Stupify!

DE1 falls down.

DE2 aim a curse but misses;

HERMIONE
Petrificus Totalos!

The curse hits him in the chest, and he falls down.

RON
How did they find us?

HERMIONE
I don't know, but that's really worrying. We have to clean after ourselves, then get out of here.

RON
What do you mean, "Clean after ourselves"? You don't mean… kill them, right?

HARRY
No need to. We'll just wipe their memories.

HERMIONE
Fine. Oblivate! Oblivate (At the second DE)!.

They both have a vacant look on their face.

RON
We need a safe place to hide.

HARRY
Grimmauld Place.

HERMIONE
Don't be silly, Snape can get in there!

HARRY
So what? I’d like nothing better than to meet Snape! He killed Dumbledore, remember? And besides, Lupin told me they set all kinds of curses against him, and him only – so he should have a problem getting into the house.

HERMIONE
Fine then. Both of you, take my hand.

They disappear.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE.

Trio arrives at Grimmauld Place. The place is quiet, but very, VERY messy.

RON
You don't… you don't think there's anyone else in here, do you?

HERMIONE
We can check. Humanium Revalio!

Nothing happens.

HERMIONE
There's nobody here, then. It's safe.

RON
It looks like someone was here, though.

They walk onto the next room, closing the door behind them.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE, MORNING.

The trio lie on the floor, in sleeping bags. Ron and Hermione are asleep, but Harry is awake. He silently gets up, and start walking.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE, SIRIUS'S BEDROOM, MORNING.

Harry silently enter Sirius's bedroom, all decorated with Gryffindor colors. There are many pictures of Muggle motorcycles, and also several posters of bikini-clad Muggle girls. On the wall, there is a big picture of 4 people: James, Sirius, Lupin and Pettigrew. They all looks younger and very happy. Harry looks at the picture for a while, then looks at the table, where he sees a little LETTER and a PICTURE; he picks it up.

LILY (V.O.)
Dear Padfoot, Thank you, thank you, for Harry’s birthday present! I'm sorry you couldn't be here, it was very quiet. We had a tea with old Bathilda, she's so nice to us. She has all sorts of stories, and –

HERMIONE (O.S)
Harry?

Harry turns around, sees Hermione looking at him.

HARRY
Hey. Good morning.

HERMIONE
Please don't disappear like that again, me and Ron got really worried.

HARRY
Sorry. Look what I found.

He hands her the letter, which she reads.

HERMIONE
But isn't that your…

HARRY
My mother.

HERMIONE
The signature is gone, though. Someone ripped it off.

HARRY
There's this, too.

He shows her the picture, shows James Potter, Young Harry. The picture is ripped at the side.

HERMIONE
It's ripped too.

HARRY
But why should someone want to rip an old picture of me?

HERMIONE
I don't know, but anyway – we came to tell you something. We found RAB.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE, CORRIDOR, MORNING.

Harry and Hermione goes down the stairs, to find Ron inside a room. On the door we see the sign:

Do Not Enter
Without the Express Permission of
Regulus Arcturus Black

HARRY
Sirius's brother?

HERMIONE
It makes sense, doesn't it? He was a death eater once, wasn't he? And then he was died – Voldemort probably killed him because he knew about his Horcruxes!

HARRY
So? Did you find the locket?

RON
I don't think it's here, Harry.

HARRY
Well, there's someone we could ask. Kreacher!

Old October 26th, 2007, 10:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast_ended View Post
ArryGrotter, you're film will probably be about 6 hours long... it's simply too long. I suggest you make a lot of cuts. The official version is much better.
I think I should say that, 1) I know it is much too long, 2) The scene I just posted (hut on the rock) is NOT my final cut, and I posted it there to see what should be cut (I post final cuts without the expand thing), and 3) in my mind there is no time limit...yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast_ended View Post
I'm write now working on a DH script. It has a lot less cuts then my previous scripts (I ended up including stuff like Lily's letter). I hope you'll enjoy it and give me feedback. here it is:

DH Script - Until Kreacher:    

DH

EXT. A STREET

Two men, both dressed in black, are walking together. They both are hooded, and we can't see their face yet.

PERSON 1
News?

The other person takes off his hood, we see it is SEVERUS SNAPE.

SNAPE
The best.

EXT. A STREET (FEW MOMENTS LATER)

The two men are walking until they reach a giant mansion. The other man now have his hood down too – it is YAXLEY. They reach a gate – They both roll back their sleeves to reveal the DARK MARK. They put it near a sensor-like object, and the gate opens.

INT. MALFOY MANSION, DRAWING ROOM

The room is full of people. LORD VOLDEMORT is sitting in the biggest chair. To his sides we can see some familiar faces: DRACO MALFOY, LUCIOS MALFOY, BELLATRIX LESTRANGE, PETER PETTIGREW and some random DEs. an apparently unconscious human figure hanging upside down over the table, revolving slowly as if suspended by an invisible rope. We can't see it's face yet.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Yaxley, Snape – you're late.

YAXLEY
It was a little trickier than I expected.. But I'm glad to announce I have good news, my lord.

SNAPE
I got some good news too, my lord.

LORD VOLDEMORT
So? What's the news?

SNAPE
My Lord, the Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on Saturday next, at nightfall.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Saturday… at nightfall. Good. And this information comes -

SNAPE
– from a very reliable source, my lord.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Where are they going to hide the boy next?

SNAPE
At the home of one of the Order. The place, according to the source, has been given every protection that the Order could provide. I think that there is little chance of taking him once he is there, my Lord.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Very well. If we could not get to him where he's going, we'll get him while he's travelling. Yaxley – I was under the impression you brought some news too.

YAXLEY
I have some good news indeed, my lord. I have – with difficulty, and after great effort – succeeded in placing an Imperius Curse upon Pius Thicknesse.

LORD VOLDEMORT
It is a start, But Thicknesse is only one man. Scrimgeour must be surrounded by our people before we try to kill him.

YAXLEY
Yes – my Lord, that is true – but you know, as Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, Thicknesse has regular contact not only with the Minister himself, but also with the Heads of all the other Ministry departments. It will, I think, be easy now that we have such a high-ranking official under our control, to subjugate the others, and then they can all work together to bring Scrimgeour down.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Very well then, Yaxley.

He suddenly points his wand on the unconscious figure above them; it come backs to life, and we finally sees it's face – it is Ollivander, the wand maker.

LORD VOLDEMORT
Hello, Ollivander.

OLLIVANDER
Please… no… I'll do anything…

LORD VOLDEMORT
That's the spirit, Ollivander. Now I need some information for you…

Music begins. Camera zoom out of the window, and on the skies we see the writing:

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.

INT. HARRY'S ROOM

UNCLE VERNON
BOY!!!

Harry looks irritated but goes downstairs.

INT. DURSLEY'S LIVING ROON

All three durselys in the living room.

HARRY
What now? Changed your mind again?

UNCLE VERNON
It can't be real, what you're saying. It's just a plot to capture us and… well, we're not going.

HARRY
Capture you? Not real? Are you actually as stupid as you look? They'll torture you and kill you!!

UNCLE VERNON
Who are they?

HARRY
Voldemort! Death Eatres – his followers. Dementors. Giants. Inferius. You don't want all these at you, don't you?

UNCLE VERNON
But what do they want from us?

HARRY
They are looking for me. They know you are close to me. We suspect they will try to torture you to give them my whereabouts, or hold you as hostages believing I'll come to rescue you.

UNCLE VERNON
So what do you offer?

HARRY
Protection. The best there is. You'll be hidden in much better ways then you can probably imagine, and if Voldemort finds you anyway, then you'll have a whole bunch of wizards trying to defend you.

DUDLEY (SCARED)
Daddy, I'm going with this order lot.

HARRY
Very well then. They'll pick you up in a few minutes.

The door is open and two wizards – Dedalous Digel and Hestia Jones stand behind it. The three Dursleys, all with bags in their hands, turn to leave. Harry is looking at them from behind.

UNCLE VERNON
Goodbye then, boy.

HARRY
Bye.

They turn to leave. Petunia hesitate. For a minute it looks like she have something to say… but then she turns away without a word.

A knock on the door.

HARRY
Who's there?

MOODY
It's us.

Harry opens the door, and he find Lupin and Moody in the front, both with their wands aimed at him.

LUPIN
What's your Patronous and who taught you to do it?

HARRY
A stag. And it was you who did it.

Both lower their wand.

LUPIN
New security measures. I had to check you're not an impostor.

HARRY
That's fine. Come inside.

The two of them come in, followed by Tonks, Kingsley, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur Fred, George, Ginny, Arthur and Hagrid.

HARRY
I didn't expected so many of you!

MOODY
Change of plan. Voldemort has managed to get a few people inside the ministry. They have way of capturing people who's apparating or using the floo network. We'll have to move in the open.

HARRY
But how are we going to move?

MOODY
Broomstick. Thesthrals. Flying Motorbikes.

HARRY
But if the Death Eaters spot us…

MOODY
I forgot to mention the key point. There will be seven Harry Potters in the sky tonight. You… and six impostors. Each one of us are going to fly into a different safehouse, from which we are going to take a portkey to the borrow. If Death Eaters spot us, they wouldn't know who to attack.

HARRY
NO! I won't put six of you in danger because…

MOODY
You have no choice, son.

LUPIN
And beside, the impostors won't be in danger, because Voldemort want you alive, Harry. The protectors, however…

MOODY
We're all going to be alright if we'll stick to the plan. Let's go now.

EXT. DURSLEY'S OUTSIDE, LATER

People all around Harry drink. While them transform, Hagrid turns to Harry.

HAGRID
You'll be with me, alright Harry? And we'll be flying on Sirius old motorbike. Arthur had installed a few tricks in it, so if the Death Eaters spot us… we'll have a few surprises for them.

Fred and George drink and transform to 2 Harry’s.

FRED & GEORGE
Wow, were identical!

MOODY
OK everybody, here we go!

EXT. FLYING IN THE OPEN

With a great ROAR, The flying motorbike is taking off and going to the sky, followed by everybody else. Hedwig is sitting in a cage near Harry. Suddenly, out of nowhere, loads of death eaters are surrunding them. Four of them are chasing Harry and Hagrid.

HAGRID
We’ll teach them not to mess with us!

He clicks on a red button, and with a great roar a lot of fire is going out of the motorbike’s back, hitting the DE.

HAGRID
That one was my idea.

HARRY
We didn’t get rid of them yet! Look!

A random death eater approach, pointing his wand at them.

DEATH EATER
Avada Ke-

HARRY
Stupifey!

The death eater is frozen, fell of his broom.

HARRY
NO! I didn’t want him to fall down, I don’t want them dead -

HAGRID
He tried to kill ye, Harry! And beside, he’s not dead, he still got his wand, he’ll save himself!

They are flying fast when a second DE approach

DEATH EATER
Avada Kedavra!

The motorcycle takes a sharp turn to avoid the green light, which hits the side of it – Hedwig. Hedwing falls in her cage, dead.

HARRY
NO! HEDWIG! NO!

Harry clicks on the red button himself this time. Fire is going out Sirius motorcycle again.

HAGRID
Hold on Harry!

HARRY
HAGRID! OVER THERE! IT’S HIM! VOLDEMORT...

Camera goes to show Voldemort flying without any suppurt, attacking a nearby pair on a broom.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

His curse hits Mad-Eye Moody full in the face. Moody falls backwards, of his broom and out of sight.

HARRY
NO! MAD-EYE!

Voldemort turns to face them, but Hagrid clicks on the red button again and he dissapear out of sight.

HARRY
Mad-eye...

HAGRID
There’s nothing you can do for him now, Harry. We’ll just have to get ourselves safely.

Another three death eaters block their way.

DEATH EATER
It’s the real Potter! That’s his owl!

HARRY
EXPELIARMUS!

The DE wand is flying out of his hand.

HAGRID
Hold tight Harry, wer’re nearly there!

HARRY
QUICK! IT’S HIM!

Voldemort approach, his wand raised and pointed at Harry.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

Hagrid takes a very sharp turn and the green light miss them. However he falls to the side because the turn is so sharp.

HARRY
HAGRID!

Voldemort turn to Harry again, pointing his wand at Harry – and then he’s hitten in a invisible barrier and stay behind. Harry crashes down. Molly, Fred, Arthur, Kingsley, Bill, Fleur, Hermione, Lupin and Ginny comes from behind them.

MOLLY
Harry! You’re alright?

HARRY
I am, but Hagrid – over there!

Arthur and Kingsley approach him.

ARTHUR
He’s fine!

HARRY
What stopped Voldemort?

MOLLY
Must have been our protecting charms. We worked really hard on them.

HARRY
Oh, and... well, it’s Mad-Eye. He’s dead.

Everybody turn white and pale.

HARRY
Voldemort did it. I saw it.

HERMIONE
Mad-Eye? But he can’t die, he always seemed so tough!

LUPIN
Yeah, but when Voldemort wants to kill you... well, you don’t have a lot of chance. Anyway, Voldemort acted excatly as Mad-Eye suspected he would – he attacked the toughest auror first, believing that Harry will probably be with them.

HARRY
That’s why he got to me and Hagrid so late.

Quiet falls down.
HARRY
Where are Ron, George and Tonks?

MOLLY
Ron and Tonks are not here yet. And George... he’s inside.

HARRY
Is he alright?

LUPIN
He was hit by Snape. He’s fine, but... he lost his ear. Come inside to see him.

INT. THE BURROW

Everybody enters. George is sitting in a chair, with bandage all around his ear.

ARTHUR
How do you feel?

GEORGE
Saint-like.

FRED (PALE)
What? (turns to his mother) Is he okay? Isn’t his mind affected?

GEORGE
I feel holy. Holey. Geddit, Fred? Holey.

FRED (NORMAL AGAIN)
Pathetic! From all the wide world of ear related homour you went with holey?

George laughs.

GEORGE
Where’s the others anyway?

ARTHUR
Mad-eye’s dead.

GEORGE
No! He can’t be...

All fall silent again. A look on Lupin’s pale and worried face.

HARRY
You’re alright, Remus?

LUPIN
Yes, it’s just that... I’m worried for Dora. Tonks, as you call her.

Harry looks confused.

LUPIN
You don’t even know, do you? Didn’t we tell you?

KINGSLEY
Well, we had other things on our mind. Getting Harry in here safely, for example.

LUPIN
Well, Dora and I are getting married.

HARRY
Really? Congratulations!

LUPIN
Thank you, Harry. Here they are, I think!

Tonks and Ron approach, flying on a broom. Both look exhausted with minor injuries on their body.

LUPIN
Dora!

Lupin runs forward and hug his wife. Harry runs to see Ron, but Hermione gets there first and hug him.

LUPIN
What kept you?

TONKS
It’s Bellatrix. She tried very hard to kill me.

FRED
But why would she do that?

Nobody answers. Tonks and Lupin share a very grim look between each other.

TONKS
I’m glad you’re all safe. But where’s Mad-Eye?

LUPIN
He... he was murdered. By Voldemort.

They all fall silent, sharing grim looks.

INT. A DARK ROOM

CUT to a dark room. A old scared man is bowing to an unseen character.

MR. OLLIVANDERS
NO! Please don’t kill me... I’ll do anything...

LORD VOLDEMORT (ANGRY)
Then tell me how to overcome Harry Potter!

MR. OLLIVANDER
I don’t know... Please...

LORD VOLDEMORT
You are no use to me if you don’t know, Ollivander! Perhaps I’ll kill you and finish with it!

MR. OLLIVANDER
NO! Please... I might be able to help you...

LORD VOLDEMORT
You are able, Ollivander. I need information. And you better be able to give it to me…

INT. HARRY’S BEDROOM

We cut to Harry’s bedroom. Harry is lying on the floor, sweating, holding his scar. Ron and Hemrione approach him.

HERMIONE
Harry? What happend? You... you look terrible!

HARRY (SITS UP)
Better than Ollivander, I expect.

RON
Ollivander? The wandmaker? What happend to him?

HARRY
Voldemort’s holding him as a hostage. He’s trying to get information from him.

RON
Information? About what?

HARRY
I don’t know.

Silence fall.
HARRY
When... when are we leaving, then?

RON
Leaving?

HARRY
We got 4 Horcruxes to destroy, and then Voldemort himself!

RON
Right... Remus and Tonks wedding is tommorow. I think we should stay, and then we can leave...

HERMIONE
Fine then. I’ll pack early, just in case we have to make a quick escape.

RON
What about that locket? Wasn't it taken by this guy, RAB?

HERMIONE
Yes, we'll need to find him.

HARRY
But... If you’ll leave with me, you don’t reckon they’ll... they’ll try to attack your family to get information on my whereabout?

HERMIONE
Though of that already. I bewitched my parents to think they are different people, and to make them forget they have a daughter, and they are now in Australia.

HARRY (SHOCKED)
Wow... what about you, Ron? You can’t hide your whole family, can’t you?

RON
No, but I found a solution too. Follow me.

INT. HIGHEST FLOOR ON THE BORROW.

The trio climb the stairs to reach the last bedroom. Ron enter.

RON
This, Harry, is the old family Ghoul.

We see the ghoul, dressed in pyjamas and with red hair.

HARRY
I still don’t get it.
RON
He’s going to be me... with Spattergroit. That’s a really terrible disease, you see. We’re going to put out a word that I’m ill, and when the Death Eaters wil come, we can show them the ghoul.

HARRY
But... it dosen’t look like you at all, Ron.

RON
Well... Spattergroit messes with your skin, so when you have it – you do not look like yourself at all. And it dosen’t matter he can’t talk either, because apparently when you’re sick with it, you can’t talk.

HARRY
It’s brilliant.

INT. BURROW LIVING ROOM, LATER THAT DAY.

The living room is crowded. Everyone comes to hug Harry. Molly Weasley comes forward with a big, snitch-shaped cake.

MOLLY
Happy birthday, Harry!

HARRY
Thank you, Mrs. Weasley.

RON
Where's dad?

MOLLY
He's still at work. He got a lot to do…

Hagrid comes to Harry.

HAGRID
Happy birthday, Harry!

HARRY
Thank you, Hagrid.

HAGRID
Couldn’t think what to get you, but then I found this...

Hands out the pouch.

HAGRID
Put anything in it, and no one but the owner can open it!

HARRY
That’s really cool. Thank you!

Suddenly a Weasel Patronus arrive.

RON
Dad.

PATRONUS
Minister coming with me.

Suddenly Lupin starts moving fast.

LUPIN
I got to go Harry; Sorry, I'll explain later. Come, Dora.

He and Tonks disappears. Arthur Weasley and Rufus Scrimegour enters the borrow.

SCRIMEGOUR
Sorry to intrude, especially as I can see that I am gate-crashing a party. (Turns to harry) Many happy returns.

HARRY
Thanks, minister.

SCRIMEGOUR
I want a private word with you, Harry Potter. Also with Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Hermione Granger, If I can.

Arthur opens his mouth to resist; but Harry stops him.

HARRY
Fine.

INT. SITTING ROOM

HARRY
Well then. What did you want?

SCRIMEGOUR
I am here because of the will of Albus Dumbledore. He left the three of you a few items.

RON
You mean… me and Hermione too?

SCRIMEGOUR
Certainly. Would you say you were close to Dumbledore, Ronald?

RON
Me? Not -- not really... It was always Harry who...

Hermione gives him a "Shut up" look.

HERMIONE
You're being modest, Ron. Dumbledore was very fond of you. So what did he left us?

SCRIMEGOUR
To Mr. Ronald Weasley, he left his Deluminator.

RON
The what?

HERMIONE
Deluminator, Ronald. It has the power to suck all the lights from the room. One of Dumbledore's own design.

Scrimegour hand the Deluminator to Ron, who looks at it, stunned.

SCRIMEGOUR
To Ms. Hermione Granger, he left his copy of "The Tales of Beedle the Bard".

Hermione takes the book.

SCRIMEGOUR
This, Mrs. Granger, is a children book. Why did he left you this book?

HERMIONE
He… he knew I like books. Must have though I'll enjoy it.

Scrimegour looks unsatisfied, but goes on.

SCRIMEGOUR
To Harry James Potter, he left… the snitch you caught on your first Quidditch match.

He hands the ball to Harry, who takes it, confused.

SCRIMEGOUR
Why did he left you this Snitch, Mr. Potter? Is there anything you can think of that Dumbledore would like to give you without us knowing?

HARRY
No. Why?

SCRIMEGOUR
Because a snitch is a perfect hiding place for a small object. It remembers the touch of the first person to touch it, and it can bewitched to open itself only to that person. Therefore, no one but you will be able to open that snitch. Take it, Potter.

A dramatic pause. Harry hesitates, but takes the snitch; nothing happens.

SCRIMEGOUR (DISSAPOINTED)
Well then. Dumbledore left you one more thing.

HARRY
What is it?

SCRIMEGOUR
The sword of Godric Gryffindor.

HARRY
Where is it then?

SCRIMEGOUR
Unfortunately that sword was not Dumbledore's to give away. The sword of Godric Gryffindor is an important historical artifact, and as such, belongs to Hogwarts and not do Dumbledore.

HERMIONE
But it's not –

SCRIMEGOUR
I am not here to argue, Miss Granger. I'm afraid I must leave now. I am a busy man, you know.

And with that he turns away, leaving Harry, Ron and Hermione alone.

HERMIONE
Why do you… why do you think Dumbledore left us these objects? The Deluminator? A children book? An old Snitch?

RON
When you took it, Harry, I was sure something was going to happen.

HARRY
Well, yeah… I wasn't going to try too hard in front of Scrimgeour, was I?

HERMIONE
What do you mean?

HARRY
My first Quidditch match, Hermione.

EXT. QUIDDITCH FIELD (FLASHBACK)
Harry, eleven years old, reaches for the snitch, and jumps on it. Minutes later, he spits it from his mouth.

INT. SITTING ROOM
RON
That was the one you nearly swallowed!

HARRY
Yes. And now we shall see...

Harry puts the Snitch in his mouth. Small writing appear on it: I OPEN AT THE CLOSE.

HARRY
I open at the close. But what is the close?

They all fall silent, unknowing.

EXT. BURROW GARDEN

The garden is very decorated (leave that to the decoration people). Harry and Ron, both dressed in dress robes, goes through the wedding, talking with random guests. Suddenly DOBBY approaches, his hands full of food.

DOBBY
Harry Potter!

HARRY
Dobby! What are you doing here?

DOBBY
Working, Harry Potter. Master Lupin and Mistress Tonks hired me as a waitress.

RON
That's great. Better than your last job, anyway.
DOBBY
Yes, Harry Potter. Dobby is still grateful that you released him from the Malfoys! But Dobby got to go now. The ceremony will begin in any second!

HARRY
Bye, Dobby!

With that, he leaves.

EXT. BURROW GARDEN (MOMENTS LATER)

Remus and Tonks are standing on the stage, hand in hand. Between them a little man stands.

LITTLE MAN
I declare you bonded for life.

Everyone applause. Now Luna Lovegood comes, dressed in extremely weird yellow robes.

LUNA
Hello Harry. Hello Ron.

HARRY
Hey Luna. What kept you?

LUNA
One of the garden gnomes bit me (shows him the bite).

RON
That must hurt.

LUNA
It's nothing, really. They are seriously misunderstood creatures, Gnomes. Or to use their correct name - Gernumbli gardensi.

Ron gives a loud snort. A song starts.

LUNA
Oh, I love this song.

She starts to dance, alone, waving her arms.

GINNY (O.S.)
Harry? Can you come here for a moment?

Harry turns to see Ginny looking at him, a determined look on her face.

HARRY
Yeah, fine.
EXT. GARDEN, DESERTED SPOT, HIDDEN BETWEEN BUSHES

Ginny takes Harry by the hand to a hidden spot. She looks at him.

GINNY
You might have noticed, I haven't got you a birthday present.

HARRY
You didn't have to get me anything.

GINNY
I couldn't think what to get you. I wanted something you could take with you… wherever you're going. I though –I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some veela when you're off.
HARRY
I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest.

GINNY
There's the silver lining I've been looking for.

And with that, she kisses him. They kiss for a few seconds, full of desire, then interrupted by sudden panic voices. They break apart.

GINNY
What the - ?

They look back at the garden, where a silver lynx patronus is standing.

PATRONUS
The ministry has fallen. The Minister is dead. They are coming.

EXT. BURROW GARDEN

Everyone panic, and suddenly hooded death eaters are anywhere on the garden, firing spells at everyone. Harry and Ginny comes to help, but Hermione comes quick, moves Harry out of the way.

HERMIONE
They must not know you're here! Come on, we got to escape, I've packed everything, where is Ron? Thank goodness, there he is, come QUICK!

Ron comes, the three of them hold hands.

HERMIONE
One…

- and then a Death Eater see them -

HERMIONE
Two…

He points his wand –

HERMIONE
Three!

They disappear.

EXT. TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD.

The three of them fall in a dark wide street, surrounded by people.

RON
Where are we?

HERMIONE
Tottenham Court Road. First place I could think of.
HARRY
We got to go back, Hermione, what if Voldemort's there, we got to make sure they're safe -

HERMIONE
We can’t worry about that now. It’s you they’re after, Harry, and we’ll just put everyone in even more danger by going back.

They keep walking.

RON
What about our stuff? Our clothes and all?

HERMIONE
It's all here in the bag (points at a small bag).

HARRY
How could possibly so many things could be in there?

HERMIONE
Undetectable Extension Charm. Tricky, but I think I’ve done it okay; anyway, I managed to fit everything we need in here. We need to find a place to change –

RON
Let's just go to the bathrooms of a café or something. Here – there's one over there –

They enter the café.

INT. A CAFE.

Trio go to the bathroom, but before they reach the door 2 Death Eaters blow the door apart. They points their wands at Harry, but Harry hits them first.

HARRY
Stupify!

DE1 falls down.

DE2 aim a curse but misses;

HERMIONE
Petrificus Totalos!

The curse hits him in the chest, and he falls down.

RON
How did they find us?

HERMIONE
I don't know, but that's really worrying. We have to clean after ourselves, then get out of here.

RON
What do you mean, "Clean after ourselves"? You don't mean… kill them, right?

HARRY
No need to. We'll just wipe their memories.

HERMIONE
Fine. Oblivate! Oblivate (At the second DE)!.

They both have a vacant look on their face.

RON
We need a safe place to hide.

HARRY
Grimmauld Place.

HERMIONE
Don't be silly, Snape can get in there!

HARRY
So what? I’d like nothing better than to meet Snape! He killed Dumbledore, remember? And besides, Lupin told me they set all kinds of curses against him, and him only – so he should have a problem getting into the house.

HERMIONE
Fine then. Both of you, take my hand.

They disappear.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE.

Trio arrives at Grimmauld Place. The place is quiet, but very, VERY messy.

RON
You don't… you don't think there's anyone else in here, do you?

HERMIONE
We can check. Humanium Revalio!

Nothing happens.

HERMIONE
There's nobody here, then. It's safe.

RON
It looks like someone was here, though.

They walk onto the next room, closing the door behind them.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE, MORNING.

The trio lie on the floor, in sleeping bags. Ron and Hermione are asleep, but Harry is awake. He silently gets up, and start walking.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE, SIRIUS'S BEDROOM, MORNING.

Harry silently enter Sirius's bedroom, all decorated with Gryffindor colors. There are many pictures of Muggle motorcycles, and also several posters of bikini-clad Muggle girls. On the wall, there is a big picture of 4 people: James, Sirius, Lupin and Pettigrew. They all looks younger and very happy. Harry looks at the picture for a while, then looks at the table, where he sees a little LETTER and a PICTURE; he picks it up.

LILY (V.O.)
Dear Padfoot, Thank you, thank you, for Harry’s birthday present! I'm sorry you couldn't be here, it was very quiet. We had a tea with old Bathilda, she's so nice to us. She has all sorts of stories, and –

HERMIONE (O.S)
Harry?

Harry turns around, sees Hermione looking at him.

HARRY
Hey. Good morning.

HERMIONE
Please don't disappear like that again, me and Ron got really worried.

HARRY
Sorry. Look what I found.

He hands her the letter, which she reads.

HERMIONE
But isn't that your…

HARRY
My mother.

HERMIONE
The signature is gone, though. Someone ripped it off.

HARRY
There's this, too.

He shows her the picture, shows James Potter, Young Harry. The picture is ripped at the side.

HERMIONE
It's ripped too.

HARRY
But why should someone want to rip an old picture of me?

HERMIONE
I don't know, but anyway – we came to tell you something. We found RAB.

INT. GRIMMAULD PLACE, CORRIDOR, MORNING.

Harry and Hermione goes down the stairs, to find Ron inside a room. On the door we see the sign:

Do Not Enter
Without the Express Permission of
Regulus Arcturus Black

HARRY
Sirius's brother?

HERMIONE
It makes sense, doesn't it? He was a death eater once, wasn't he? And then he was died – Voldemort probably killed him because he knew about his Horcruxes!

HARRY
So? Did you find the locket?

RON
I don't think it's here, Harry.

HARRY
Well, there's someone we could ask. Kreacher!

I like this to a large extent.
Things I didn't like:
The cut from "I want some info, Olivander" to the title was weird (but got understanderable slightly later.)
Dobby the WAITRESS?? (Waiter)

I did like the adaption for T___ Court Road (Can't remember what it's called) and many other things as well.

Old October 28th, 2007, 1:19 am

I've cut this scene a bit, but am unsure what else to cut. I wanted to cut the food, but couldn't figure out how. Help?
PS:Hut-on-the-rock Some cuts but more needed:    

PS: The Keeper of the KeysINT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MIDNIGHT (30/7/1991)

FADES TO:

INT. KiTCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE - MORNING (FLASHBACK) (31/7/1990)

VERNON DURSLEY
There you go.

FADES TO:

INT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MIDNIGHT (30-31/7/1991)

Ten candles. Eleven. Harry looks at the cake quite sombre. He turns to Dudley's watch. 11:59:56. :57. :58. :59. BOOM. The door shudders. BOOM. And again. Harry stands up. Dudley has woken up, looking around, scared.

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Where's the cannon?

Vernon comes into the room, holding a rifle, Petunia bringing up his rear.

VERNON DURSLEY

RUBEUS HAGRID
Couldn’t make us a cup o’ tea, could yeh? It’s not been an easy journey…

He picks up the door and puts it back in its place. Petunia and Vernon simply look at each other. Hagrid moves toward the couch where Dudley is paralyzed with shock.

RUBEUS HAGRID

Dudley quickly gets off the couch and cowers behind his parents. Hagrid looks at Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID
And here's Harry! Yeh look a lot like yer dad, but yeh’ve got yer mum’s eyes.

VERNON DURSLEY
I demand that you leave at once, sir! You are breaking and entering!

RUBEUS HAGRID
Ah, shut up, Dursley, yeh great prune.

He turns and takes the rifle from Vernon. He then easily bends it into a knot and throws it into a corner. Vernon makes a noise like a mouse being trodden on.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Anyway. Harry, a very happy birthday to yeh. Got summat fer yeh here. I mighta sat on it at some point, but it’ll taste all right.

Hagrid pulls a squashed box and hands it to Harry, who opens in to find a cake with "Happy Birthday Harry" written on it. Harry looks up at Hagrid, confused.

HARRY POTTER
Who are you?

RUBEUS HAGRID
(Chuckling)
True, I haven’t introduced meself. Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts.

RUBEUS HAGRID
What about that tea then, eh?

His eyes find the empty fireplace where chip packets lay shrivelled. He snorts, then bends over it and when he stands up again, the fireplace is ablaze. Hagrid takes a kettle, sausages, a poker, a teapot, and some mugs and begins to make tea and cook sausages.

VERNON DURSLEY
Don’t touch anything he gives you, Dudley.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yer great puddin’ of a son don’ need fattenin’ anymore, Dursley, don’ worry.

Hagrid passes a cooked sausage to Harry, who eats it hungrily, yet doesn't look away from Hagrid. When he is finished, he says.

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID
Call me Hagrid, everyone does. An’ like I told yeh, I’m Keeper of Keys at Hogwarts – yeh’ll know all about Hogwarts, o’ course.

HARRY POTTER
Er – no.

Hagrid looks shocked

HARRY POTTER
Sorry

RUBEUS HAGRID
Sorry?
It’s them as should be sorry! I knew yeh weren’t gettin’ yer letters but I never thought yeh wouldn’t even know abou’ Hogwarts! Did yeh never wonder where yet parents learned it all?

HARRY POTTER
All what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Do you mean ter tell me, that this boy knows nothin’ about ANYTHING?

Hagrid looks back to Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID

VERNON DURSLEY
Stop! Stop right there! I forbid you to tell the boy anything!

Hagrid turns on Vernon.

RUBEUS HAGRID
You never told him what was in the letter Dumbledore left fer him? I saw Dumbledore leave it, Dursley! An’ you’ve kept it from him all these years?

HARRY POTTER
Kept what from me?

VERNON DURSLEY
STOP! I FORBID YOU!

RUBEUS HAGRID
Ah, go boil yet heads, both of yeh. Harry – yer a wizard.

Complete silence.

HARRY POTTER
I’m a what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
A wizard, o’ course, an’ a thumpin’ good’un, I’d say, once yeh’ve been trained up a bit. With a mum an’ dad like yours, what else would yeh be?

From his pocket Hagrid extracts another letter. He passes it to Harry. Harry opens it. It says: "HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY, Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore, (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards), Dear Mr Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress." Harry reads:

HARRY POTTER
(O.S., voice shaking)
Dear Mr Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Harry closes the letter, shocked. After a while he says...

HARRY POTTER
What does it mean, they await my owl?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gallopin’ Gorgons, that reminds me.

From another pocket he pulls a real live owl, a quill and a piece of parchment. He scribbles a note, ties it to the owls leg, and throws the owl out the window. Harry stands there with his mouth open.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Where was I?
Vernon moves forward again.

VERNON DURSLEY
He's not going.

RUBEUS HAGRID

HARRY POTTER
A what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
A Muggle, it's what we call non-magic folk like them. An’ it’s your bad luck you grew up in a family o’ the biggest Muggles I ever laid eyes on.

VERNON DURSLEY
We swore when we took him in we’d put a stop to that rubbish! Wizard indeed!

HARRY POTTER

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Knew! Knew! Of course we knew! How could you not be, my dratted sister being what she was? Oh, she got a letter just like that and disappeared off to that - that school. I was the only one who saw her for what she was – a freak! But for my mother and father, oh no, they were proud of having a witch in the family! Then she met that Potter at that school, left, got married, and had you, and of course I knew you’d be just the same, just as – as – abnormal – and then she went and got herself blown up and we got landed with you!

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID
CAR CRASH! How could a car crash kill Lily an’ James Potter? It’s an outrage! A scandal! Harry Potter not knowin’ his own story when every kid in our world knows his name!

HARRY POTTER
But why? What happened?

RUBEUS HAGRID
I had no idea, how much yeh would’t know. I don’ know if I’m the right person ter tell yeh – but someone’s gotta – yeh can’t go off ter Hogwarts not knowin’.
It begins, I suppose, with - with a person called – but it’s incredible yeh don’t know his name, everyone in our world knows –

HARRY POTTER
Who?

RUBEUS HAGRID

HARRY POTTER
Why not?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gulpin’ gargoyles, Harry, people are still scared. See, there was this wizard who went ... bad. As bad as you could go. Worse. Worse than worse. His name was...

Hagrid gulps.

HARRY POTTER
Could you write it down?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Nah – can’t spell it. All right – Voldemort. Don’ make me say it again. Anyway, You-Know-Who, about twenty years ago now, started lookin’ fer followers. Some were afraid, some just wanted a bit o’ his power. Dark days, Harry. Didn’t know who ter trust. Terrible things happened. He was takin’ over. ‘Course, some stood up to him – an’ he killed ‘em. Horribly. One o’ the only safe places left was Hogwarts. Reckon Dumbledore’s the only one You-Know-Who was afraid of. Didn’t dare try takin’ the school. Now, yer mum an’ dad were as good a witch an’ wizard as I ever knew.
(Pause)
All anyone knows is, You-Know-Who turned up in the Godric's Hollow, the village where you was all living, on Halloween ten years ago. You was just a year old. He came ter yer house an’ – an’ –

RUBEUS HAGRID
You-Know-Who killed ‘em. An’ then – an’ this is the real myst’ry of the thing – he tried to kill you, too. But he couldn’t do it. Never wondered how you got that mark on yer forehead? That was no ordinary cut. That’s what yeh get when a powerful, evil curse touches yeh. An’ that’s why yer famous, Harry. No one ever lived after he decided ter kill ‘em, no one except you.

Harry looks away from Hagrid and the screen fills with green light and a high, cold laugh is heard.

VERNON DURSLEY
Load of tosh.
Vernon steps forward once again.

VERNON DURSLEY
I accept there’s something strange about you, probably nothing a good beating wouldn’t have cured – and as for your parents, well, they were weirdos, and the world’s better off without them in my opinion – asked for all they got, getting mixed up with these wizarding types – always knew they’d come to a sticky end –

Suddenly Hagrid leaps from the couch and draws a pink umbrella in front of Vernon.

RUBEUS HAGRID
I’m warning you, Dursley – one more word...

Vernon looks rather scared by the umbrella and draws back. Hagrid sits back on the couch.

HARRY POTTER
But what happened to Vol – sorry – I mean, You-Know-Who?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Disappeared. Vanished. Same night he tried ter kill you. Makes yeh even more famous. That’s the biggest myst’ry, see … he was gettin’ more an’ more powerful – why’d he go? Some say he died. Codswallop, in my opinion. Dunno if he had enough human left in him to die. Some say he’s still out there, bidin’ his time, but I don’ believe it. Most of us reckon he’s still out there somewhere but lost his powers. Too weak to carry on. There was somethin’ goin’ on that night he hadn’t counted on – I dunno what it was, no one does - but somethin’ about you stumped him, all right.

Harry looks into Hagrid's warm eyes, which are respecting him. Harry's green eyes are confused.

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID

SNAKE
(V.O.)
Brazil, here I come … Thanksss, amigo.

RUBEUS HAGRID

VERNON DURSLEY
Haven’t I told you he’s not going? I’ve read those letters and he needs all sorts of rubbish -

RUBEUS HAGRID
If he wants ter go, a great Muggle like you won’t stop him. His name’s been down ever since he was born. He’s off ter the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world. He’ll be with youngsters of his own sort, fer a change, an’ he’ll be under the greatest headmaster Hogwarts ever had, Albus Dumbled –

VERNON DURSLEY
I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOME CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH HIM MAGIC TRICKS!

RUBEUS HAGRID
NEVER – INSULT – ALBUS – DUMBLEDORE – IN – FRONT – OF – ME!

He points the umbrella at Dudley. A flash of violet light. A squeal of pain. Dudley hops around, holding his buttocks. A pig's tail is seen between them. The Dursleys rush into the other room.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Shouldn’ta lost me temper, but it didn’t work anyway. I suppose he was so much like a pig there wasn’t much left ter do.

Hagrid looks at Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Be grateful if yeh didn’t mention that ter anyone at Hogwarts. I’m – er – not supposed ter do magic, strictly speakin’.

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID
Oh, well – I was at Hogwarts meself but I – er – got expelled. They snapped me wand in half an’ everything. But Dumbledore let me stay on as gamekeeper. Great man, Dumbledore.

HARRY POTTER
Why were you expelled?

RUBEUS HAGRID
It’s gettin’ late and we’ve got lots ter do tomorrow.

RUBEUS HAGRID
You can kip under that. Don’ mind if it wriggles a bit, I think I still got a couple o’ dormice in one o’ the pockets.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 28th, 2007 at 1:40 am. Reason: Format reasons/Fix
Old November 2nd, 2007, 10:17 pm

I thought up this last night
DH: Magic is MightINT. KITCHEN - 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE

Harry places down a copy of the Daily Prophet. The headline: "Severus Snape confirmed as Hogwarts Headmaster"

RON/HERMIONE
No!

The camera zooms into the picture (of Snape in the headmaster's office)...

INT. HEADMASTER'S OFFICE

Snape stands up.

HERMIONE (O.V.)
Severus Snape, long-standing Potions master at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and wizardry, was today appointed headmaster in the most important of several staffing changes at the ancient school.

The portrait of Phineas Nigellus is noticeable in the background.

HERMIONE (O.V.)
Following the resignation of the previous Muggle Studies teacher, Alecto Carrow will take over the post while her brother, Amycus, fills the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

Snape turns to look at the portrait that stands above his desk. (We can not see it)

INT. KITCHEN - 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE

The picture falls back.
Is it too forshadowing?

Last edited by ArryGrotter; November 15th, 2007 at 11:25 pm.
Old November 4th, 2007, 4:37 am

More cuts, more needed. HELP!!!:    

PS: Harry's Birthday/MysteriesINT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MIDNIGHT
(30/7/1991)

FADES TO:

INT. KiTCHEN - 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING
(FLASHBACK) (31/7/1990)

VERNON DURSLEY
There you go.

FADES TO:

INT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MIDNIGHT
(30-31/7/1991)

Ten candles. Eleven. Harry looks at the cake quite sombre. He turns to Dudley's watch. 11:59:56. :57. :58. :59. BOOM. The door shudders. BOOM. And again. Harry stands up. Dudley has woken up, looking around, scared. Vernon comes into the room, holding a rifle, Petunia bringing up his rear.

VERNON DURSLEY

RUBEUS HAGRID
Couldn’t make us a cup o’ tea, could yeh? It’s not been an easy journey...

RUBEUS HAGRID

RUBEUS HAGRID
And here's Harry! Yeh look a lot like yer dad, but yeh’ve got yer mum’s eyes.

VERNON DURSLEY
I demand that you leave at once, sir!

Hagrid turns and takes the rifle from Vernon. He then easily bends it into a knot and throws it into a corner. Vernon makes a noise like a mouse being trodden on.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Harry, a very happy birthday to yeh.

Hagrid pulls a squashed box and hands it to Harry, who opens in to find a cake with "Happy Birthday Harry" written on it.

RUBEUS HAGRID
I mighta sat on it at some point, but it’ll taste all right.

Harry looks up at Hagrid, confused.

HARRY POTTER
Who are you?

RUBEUS HAGRID
(Chuckling)

RUBEUS HAGRID
What about that tea then, eh?

Hagrid’s eyes find the empty fireplace where chip packets lay shrivelled. He snorts, then bends over it and when he stands up again, the fireplace is ablaze.

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID

HARRY POTTER
Er – no.

Hagrid looks shocked

HARRY POTTER
Sorry

RUBEUS HAGRID
Sorry?
It’s them as should be sorry! I knew yeh weren’t gettin’ yer letters but I never thought yeh wouldn’t even know abou’ Hogwarts! Did yeh never wonder where yet parents learned it all?

HARRY POTTER
All what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Do you mean ter tell me, that this boy knows nothin’ about ANYTHING?

Hagrid looks back to Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID

VERNON DURSLEY
Stop! Stop right there! I forbid you to tell the boy anything!

Hagrid turns on Vernon.

RUBEUS HAGRID
You never told him what was in the letter Dumbledore left fer him? I saw Dumbledore leave it, Dursley! An’ you’ve kept it from him all these years?

HARRY POTTER
Kept what from me?

VERNON DURSLEY
STOP! I FORBID YOU!

RUBEUS HAGRID
Ah, go boil yer heads, both of yeh. Harry – yer a wizard.

Complete silence.

HARRY POTTER
I’m a what?

RUBEUS HAGRID
A wizard, o’ course. With a mum an’ dad like yours, what else would yeh be?

From his pocket Hagrid extracts another letter. He passes it to Harry. Harry opens it, and reads:

HARRY POTTER (O.S.)
(voice shaking)
Dear Mr Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Harry closes the letter, shocked. Vernon moves forward again.

VERNON DURSLEY
He's not going.

RUBEUS HAGRID

HARRY POTTER
A what?

RUBEUS HAGRID

VERNON DURSLEY
We swore when we took him in we’d put a stop to that rubbish! Wizard indeed!

HARRY POTTER

PETUNIA DURSLEY
Knew! Of course we knew! How could you not be, my dratted sister being what she was? I was the only one who saw her for what she was – a freak! She met that Potter at that school. She left, got married, and had you, and of course I knew you’d be just the same, just as – abnormal – and then she went and got herself blown up and we got landed with you!

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID

HARRY POTTER
But why? What happened?

RUBEUS HAGRID
I had no idea, how much yeh would’t know. I don’ know if I’m the right person ter tell yeh – but someone’s gotta – yeh can’t go off ter Hogwarts not knowin’.
It begins, I suppose, with - with a person called – but it’s incredible yeh don’t know his name, everyone in our world knows –

HARRY POTTER
Who?

RUBEUS HAGRID

HARRY POTTER
Why not?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gulpin’ gargoyles, Harry, people are still scared. See, there was this wizard who went ... bad. As bad as you could go. Worse. Worse than worse. His name was...

Hagrid gulps.

HARRY POTTER
Could you write it down?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Nah – can’t spell it. All right – Voldemort. Anyway, You-Know-Who, about twenty years ago now, started lookin’ fer followers. Some were afraid, some just wanted a bit o’ his power. Dark days, Harry. Didn’t know who ter trust. Terrible things happened. He was takin’ over. ‘Course, some stood up to him – an’ he killed ‘em. Horribly. One o’ the only safe places left was Hogwarts. Reckon Dumbledore’s the only one You-Know-Who was afraid of. Didn’t dare try takin’ the school. Now, yer mum an’ dad were as good a witch an’ wizard as I ever knew.
(Pause)
All anyone knows is, You-Know-Who turned up in the Godric's Hollow, the village where you was all living, on Halloween ten years ago. You was just a year old. He came ter yer house an’ – an’ –

RUBEUS HAGRID
You-Know-Who killed ‘em. An’ then – an’ this is the real myst’ry of the thing – he tried to kill you, too. But he couldn’t do it. Never wondered how you got that mark on yer forehead? That was no ordinary cut. That’s what yeh get when a powerful, evil curse touches yeh. An’ that’s why yer famous, Harry. No one ever lived after he decided ter kill ‘em, no one except you.

HARRY POTTER
What happened to Vol – sorry – I mean, You-Know-Who?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Disappeared. Vanished. Same night he tried ter kill you. Makes yeh even more famous. That’s the biggest myst’ry, see … he was gettin’ more an’ more powerful – why’d he go? Some say he died. Codswallop, in my opinion. Dunno if he had enough human left in him to die. Some say he’s still out there, bidin’ his time, but I don’ believe it. Most of us reckon he’s still out there somewhere but lost his powers. Too weak to carry on. There was somethin’ goin’ on that night he hadn’t counted on – I dunno what it was, no one does - but somethin’ about you stumped him, all right.

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID

SNAKE (V.O.)
Brazil, here I come … Thanksss, amigo.

RUBEUS HAGRID

VERNON DURSLEY
Haven’t I told you he’s not going? I’ve read those letters and he needs all sorts of rubbish –

RUBEUS HAGRID
If he wants ter go, you won’t stop him. His name’s been down ever since he was born. He’s off ter the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world. He’ll be with youngsters of his own sort, fer a change, an’ he’ll be under the greatest headmaster Hogwarts ever had, Albus Dumbled –

VERNON DURSLEY
I am not paying for some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks!

RUBEUS HAGRID
Never – insult – Albus – Dumbledore – in – front – of – me!

RUBEUS HAGRID
Shouldn’ta lost me temper.

Hagrid looks at Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Be grateful if yeh didn’t mention that ter anyone at Hogwarts. I’m – er – not supposed ter do magic, strictly speakin’.

HARRY POTTER

RUBEUS HAGRID
Oh, well – I was at Hogwarts meself but I – er – got expelled. But Dumbledore let me stay on as gamekeeper. Great man, Dumbledore.

HARRY POTTER
Why were you expelled?

RUBEUS HAGRID
It’s gettin’ late and we’ve got lots ter do tomorrow.

RUBEUS HAGRID

Now that I cut the food I have rid of this mention:

RUBEUS HAGRID
Couldn’t make us a cup o’ tea, could yeh? It’s not been an easy journey...

2001-Movie did this well with him saying: "Sorry about that". I can't think of anything to replace it, and it doesn't flow well with nothing there.

---
Recently I was thinking about Quidditch in the OotP movie (or lack of) and influence me to write this:
OotP: The Lion and the SerpentEXT. QUIDDITCH STADIUM

DRACO MALFOY
Saved Weasley's neck, haven't you?

Malfoy lands next to Harry.

DRACO MALFOY
I've never seen a worse Keeper: but then he was born in a bin: did you like my lyrics, Potter? We wanted to write another couple of verses! But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly - we wanted to sing about his mother, see - we couldn't fit in useless loser either - for his father, you know -

Fred and George Weasley approach Malfoy. Angelina Johnson, who is nearby, grabs Fred.

ANGELINA JOHNSON
Leave it! Leave it, Fred, let him yell, he's just sore he lost, the jumped-up little -

DRACO MALFOY
- but you like the Weasleys, don't you, Potter? Spend holidays there and everything, don't you? Can't see how you stand the stink, but I suppose when you've been dragged up by Muggles, even the Weasleys' hovel smells OK -

Harry grabs hold of George.

DRACO MALFOY
Or perhaps, you can remember what your mother's house stank like, Potter, and Weasleys pigsty reminds you of it -

Harry is no longer holding George, both of them have fists risen, aimed straight at Malfoy.

ROLANDA HOOCH
Impedimenta!

Harry and George suddenly go into slow motion. Draco gets out of the way.

ROLANDA HOOCH
What do you think you're doing?

I'm reading PoA at the moment, so I decided to script a scene from there.When I script PoA, this scene will need to be cut a bit
PoA: The FireboltINT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

Harry and Ron are doing homework.

RON WEASLEY
How is she doing it?

Hermione is on the other side of the room with 3 tables covered with only her work.

HARRY POTTER
Doing what?

RON WEASLEY
Getting to all her classes!I heard her talking to Professor Vector, that Arithmancy witch, this morning. They were going on about yesterday's lesson, but Hermione can't've been there, because she was with us in Care of Magical Creatures! And Ernie MacMillan told me she's never missed a Muggle Studies class, but half of them are at the same time as Divination, and she's never missed one of them either!

Just then, Oliver Wood interrupts

OLIVER WOOD
Good news or bad news?

He doesn't let Harry answer.

OLIVER WOOD
Good news is that since Slytherin won against Ravenclaw yesterday, we can take second place if we beat them too in the next match. Bad news: I've just been to see Professor McGonagall about the Firebolt. She - er - got a bit shirty with me. Told me I'd got my priorities wrong. Seemed to think I cared more about winning the Cup than I do about you staying alive. Just because I told her I didn't care if it threw you off, as long as you caught the Snitch first. Honestly, the way she was yelling at me... you'd think I'd said something terrible... then I asked her how much longer she was going to keep it.
(Imitating McGonagall)
"As long as necessary, Wood". I reckon it's time you ordered a new broom, Harry.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; November 4th, 2007 at 5:43 am.
Old November 5th, 2007, 6:52 am

I wrote this all today. It is all first draft, i.e. NOTHING cut, except maybe a couple of lines here and there.

This is exactly like the books. I will cut it quite a bit:    

PS: Diagon AlleyINT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MORNING
(1/8/1991)

HARRY'S HEAD

His eyes are tight shut.

HARRY POTTER (V.O.)
It was a dream. I dreamed a giant called Hagrid came to tell me I was going to a school for wizards. When I open my eyes I'll be at home in my cupboard.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

HARRY POTTER (V.O.) (CONT’D)
And there's Aunt Petunia knocking on the door.

Tap. Tap.

HARRY POTTER (CONT’D)
All right. I'm getting up.

WIDE SHOT

Hagrid's coat falls of Harry. An owl is tapping at the window, carrying a newspaper. Harry gets up and opens it and the owl drops the newspaper and attacks Hagrid's coat.

HARRY POTTER (CONT’D)
Hagrid! There's an owl!

RUBEUS HAGRID
(Grunting in his sleep)
Pay him.

HARRY POTTER
What?

RUBEUS HAGRID
He wants payin' fer deliverin' the paper. Look in the pockets.

Harry tries one of the many pockets in Hagrid's coat and the owl hops out of the way. He withdraws keys and slug pellets, then strange looking coins.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Give him five Knuts.

HARRY POTTER
Knuts?

RUBEUS HAGRID
The little bronze ones.

Harry gives the owl the money and he flies off. Harry's mouth is open in astonishment. Hagrid is now up.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Best be off, Harry, lots ter do today, gotta get up ter London an' buy all yer stuff fer school.

Harry looks down at the coins still in his hands.

HARRY POTTER
Um, Hagrid? I haven't got any money - and you heard Uncle Vernon last night … he won't pay for me to go and learn magic.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Don't worry about that. D'yeh think yer parents didn't leave yeh anything?

HARRY POTTER
But if their house was destroyed -

RUBEUS HAGRID
They didn' keep their gold in the house, boy! Nah, first stop fer us is Gringotts. Wizards' bank.

HARRY POTTER
Wizards have banks?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Just the one. Gringotts. Run by goblins.

HARRY POTTER
Goblins?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah - so yeh'd be mad ter try an' rob it, I'll tell yeh that. Never mess with goblins, Harry. Gringotts is the safest place in the world fer anything yeh want ter keep safe - 'cept maybe Hogwarts. As a matter o' fact, I gotta visit Gringotts anyway. Fer Dumbledore. Hogwarts business. He usually gets me ter do important stuff fer him. Fetchin' you gettin' things from Gringotts - knows he can trust me, see. Got everythin'? Come on, then.
They make their way outside.

EXT. THE-HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MORNING
(CONTINUOUS ACTION) (1/8/1991)

Only one boat is outside.

HARRY POTTER
How did you get here?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Flew.

HARRY POTTER
(Looking at Hagrid uncertainly)
Flew?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah - but we'll go back in this. Not s'pposed ter use magic now I've got yeh.

They get into the boat.

INT/EXT. ROWBOAT - MORNING

RUBEUS HAGRID
Seems a shame to row, though.
(He gives Harry a sideways look.)
If I was ter - er - speed things up a bit, would yeh mind not mentionin' it at Hogwarts?

HARRY POTTER
Of course not.

Hagrid taps the boat with his umbrella and it rows itself towards land.

HARRY POTTER (CONT’D)
Why would you be mad to try and rob Gringotts?

RUBEUS HAGRID
(He unfolds the newspaper while speaking)
Spells - enchantments.They say there's dragons guardin' the high security vaults. And then yeh gotta find yer way - Gringotts is hundreds of miles under London, see. Deep under the Underground. Yeh'd die of hunger tryin' ter get out, even if yeh did manage ter get yer hands on summat.

Turning a page, Hagrid says:

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Ministry o' Magic messin' things up as usual.

HARRY POTTER
There's a Ministry of Magic?

RUBEUS HAGRID
'Course. They wanted Dumbledore fer Minister, o' course, but he'd never leave Hogwarts, so old Cornelius Fudge got the job. Bungler if ever there was one. So he pelts Dumbledore with owls every morning, askin' fer advice.

HARRY POTTER
But what does a Ministry of Magic do?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Well, their main job is to keep it from the Muggles that there's still witches an' wizards up an' down the country.

HARRY POTTER
Why?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Why? Blimey, Harry, everyone'd be wantin' magic solutions to their problems. Nah, we're best left alone

The boat bumps against the edge of the coast.

EXT. STREET - MORNING
(1/8/1991)
Hagrid and Harry walk along an ordinary Muggle street.

RUBEUS HAGRID
(Pointing to a parking meter)
See that, Harry? Things these Muggles dream up, eh?

HARRY POTTER
(Jogging to keep up)
Hagrid, did you say there are dragons at Gringotts?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Well they say so. Crikey, I'd like a dragon.

HARRY POTTER
You'd like one?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Wanted one ever since I was a kid - here we go.

They reach the train station.

INT. SUBWAY TRAIN - MORNING
(1/8/1991)

Harry and Hagrid are on the train. Hagrid knits what looks like a yellow circus tent.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Still got your letter, Harry?

Harry takes it out.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Good. There's a list there of everything yeh need.

The letter is unfolded.

HARRY POTTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY. Uniform. First-year students will require: Three sets of plain work robes (black), One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear, One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar), One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings). Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags. Set Books. All students should have a copy of each of the following: The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk. A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot. Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling. A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emetic Switch. One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore. Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander. The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble. Other Equipment. 1 wand, 1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2), 1 set glass or crystal phials, 1 telescope, 1 set brass scales. Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad. PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

Throughout this Harry keeps on looking up at Hagrid, who beckons him on.

HARRY POTTER (CONT’D)
Can we find all this in London?

RUBEUS HAGRID
If yeh know where to go.

EXT. CHARING CROSS ROAD - LATE MORNING
(1/8/1991)

Harry and Hagrid walk down it, Harry uncertain, seeing the book shops, the music stores, the restaurants and the cinemas.

RUBEUS HAGRID
This is it, the Leaky Cauldron. It's a famous place.

It's a shabby, grubby-looking little pub. None of the people around them seem to notice it is even there.

INT. LEAKY CAULDRON - LATE MORNING

Inside, a group of old woman sit gossiping over drinks in a corner (Doris Crockford among them), one of them smoking a pipe. A pale young man (Quirenius Quirrell) is being served and a little man with a top hat (Dedalus Diggle) is talking to the toothless and bald barman (Tom).

TOM - BARMAN
The usual, Hagrid?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Can't, Tom, I'm on Hogwarts business.

Hagrid puts his hand on Harry's shoulder.

TOM - BARMAN
Good Lord, is this - can this be -?

The bar go silent

TOM - BARMAN (CONT’D)
Bless my soul. Harry Potter … what an honour.

The lady smoking the pipe doesn't notice it has gone out. Tom comes out from behind the bar and shacks his hand.

TOM - BARMAN (CONT’D)
Welcome back, Mr Potter, welcome back.

Suddenly everyone is moving.

DORIS CROCKFORD
Doris Crockford, Mr Potter, can't believe I'm meeting you at last.

TLC PERSON 1
So proud, Mr Potter, I'm just so proud.

TLC PERSON 2
Always wanted to shake your hand - I'm all of a flutter.

DEDALUS DIGGLE
Delighted, Mr Potter, just can't tell you, Diggle's the name, Dedalus Diggle.

Diggle's hat falls off in his excitement.

HARRY POTTER
I've seen you before! You bowed to me once in a shop.
DEDALUS DIGGLE
'He remembers! Did you hear that? He remembers me!

A pale young man, head bald, makes his way nevoursly towards Harry.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Professor Quirrell! Harry, Professor Quirrell will be one of your teachers at Hogwarts.

Quirrell shakes Harry's hand.

QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL
P-P-Potter, c-can't t-tell you how p- pleased I am to meet you.
HARRY POTTER
What sort of magic do you teach, Professor Quirrell?
QUIRENIUS QUIRRELL
D-Defence Against the D-D-Dark Arts. N-not that you n-need it, eh, P-P-Potter? You'll be g-getting all your equipment, I suppose? I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself.

Quirrell leaves. The others want another handshake.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Must get on - lots ter buy. Come on, Harry.

Hagrid pulls Harry away from a handshake with Doris Crockford.

EXT. LEAKY CAULDRON > DIAGON ALLEY COURTYARD - LATE MORNING

Harry and Hagrid enter.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Told yeh, didn't I? Told yeh you was famous. Even Professor Quirrell was tremblin' ter meet yeh - mind you, he's usually tremblin'

HARRY POTTER
Is he always that nervous?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Oh, yeah. Poor bloke. Brilliant mind. He was fine while he was studyin' outta books but then he took a year off ter get some firsthand experience … They say he met vampires in the Black Forest, and there was a nasty bit o' trouble with a hag - never been the same since. Scared of the students, scared of his own subject now, where's me umbrella?

Harry pauses, the new information swimming around his head. Hagrid pulls out his umbrella and counts the bricks on the wall.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Two up...
(He moves his umbrella two bricks up from a dustbin)
Three across...
(And three across.)
Right, stand back, Harry.

He taps the wall three times. Slowly, a hole emerges. It spirals, the bricks with it, until it makes an archway so large Hagrid can fit through it.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Welcome, to Diagon Alley.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; November 26th, 2007 at 11:17 pm.
Old November 5th, 2007, 7:46 am
Fourth Year

The main problem I see with most of these scripts is that you are trying to add everything from the book, and if it isn't exactly from the book, it is a slight change. Half the reason why these things weren't in the movies were because they are so incredibly boring. One scene I would like to see added, however, is the Dursleys in GoF.

This looks like a lot of fun, so be expecting to see me in a day or two with my DH script.

Please check out my non-Harry Potter story Elmandoroth Chapter Two is finished.

Old November 5th, 2007, 8:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnypotter19 View Post
The main problem I see with most of these scripts is that you are trying to add everything from the book, and if it isn't exactly from the book, it is a slight change. Half the reason why these things weren't in the movies were because they are so incredibly boring. One scene I would like to see added, however, is the Dursleys in GoF.

This looks like a lot of fun, so be expecting to see me in a day or two with my DH script.
Yes, it's another "your added everthing"/"Cut more" post. If you are talking about my previous post, I AM going to cut, but not today. While writing it, I sensed what to cut, what to move, etc. What I have cut is veiwable here (Post 12), here (13), here (23), here (25), here (29) and here (40), but it will need to be cut more once the script is fully written. (I myself am scared of the page count).

GoF is a script I can't wait to do. That movie is awful now I've seen it 1,000,000 times.

Can't wait to see your script!

Old November 5th, 2007, 8:31 am
Fourth Year

Oh, it isn't just you, but yes, I see where you are cutting. I myself may have a problem with cutting things, but mostly, I think I can manage making it different from the books but keeping the story line like Kloves and the other guy *forgot his name momentarily* have done.

Please check out my non-Harry Potter story Elmandoroth Chapter Two is finished.

Old November 6th, 2007, 5:48 am

I can't wait for DH.

I hope the lead up of the final battle is along the lines of this.:    

DH: The Flaw in the PlanINT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - SUNRISE

MOLLY WEASLEY
Not my daughter you [enter the word here]!

Molly makes her way towards Bellatrix. Bellatrix laughs. To Hermione, Ginny and Luna, Molly says:

MOLLY WEASLEY (CONT’D)
Out of my way! She is mine!

They duel. Now only Voldemort, McGonagall, Kingsley, Slughorn, Bellatrix and Molly remain duelling.

BELLATRIX LESTRANGE
What will happen to your children when I've killed you? When Mummy's gone the same way as Freddie?

MOLLY WEASLEY
You - will - never - touch - our - children - again!

Bellatrix laughs.

MOLLY WEASLEY (CONT’D)
Avada Kedavra!

Suddenly Bellatrix’s face changes into a state of shock. She topples, and lies, dead on the ground.

VOLDEMORT
No!

With Voldemort’s anger, his three opponents blast away. He raises his wand at Molly.

HARRY POTTER
Protego!

Out of nowhere Harry appears, Invisiblity Cloak falling to the ground.

---
Because I MIGHT need to split DH into 2:    

DH: The Deathly HallowsINT. TENT

HARRY POTTER
...Voldemort -

RON WEASLEY
No! The name's Taboo! I told you, Harry, we can't say it anymore - we've got to put the protection back around us - quickly, or they’ll -

The sneakoscope on the desk spins. Voices are heard.

FENRIR GREYBACK (O.S.)
Come out of there with your hands up! We know you're in there! You've got half a dozen wands pointing at you and we don't care who we curse!

EXT. TENT

A whole circle of Snatchers surround the tent.

CUT TO:

DEATHLY HALLOWS SYMBOL
The triangle is in place of the links of the tree from the previous shot. Similarly, the circle is in place where the Snatchers were. The line slices through where the tent was.

Also, for some reason I was wondering why Dumbledore knew Moody was Barty Crouch Jr (He asked for Winky) and then I remembered about Occlumency. So I plan to write, um, Harry and Cedric's return, I suppose the scene is, including a part when Dumbledore stops trusting "Mad-Eye". I will probably write it tomorrow.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; November 6th, 2007 at 9:10 am.
Old November 7th, 2007, 8:11 am

Maybe my script IS a bit too long...

Cause the page count was 30 for chapters 1-4, and I've written half of chapter 5 and now it's 45.

I look at my first draft of 1-4. That was 52.

Therefore (about to do maths)
52/30=1.733333333333333333333333333
(52+14)/1.7333333333333333333333333333=39.23076923........ ..

Um, 40 pages for 5 chapters. Therefore

40/5=8
8*17=136

136 paged script. It is leaning on the long side.

Old November 13th, 2007, 4:03 am

I am now on study leave, so after my exams I will finish my first draft of PS and edit it PROPERLY. (Can I emphasise that enough?)

Below is as far as I've got with the first draft:

Please don't say that it is exactly like the boook. I know it is. I just haven't got round to cutting it yet.:    

PS: Diagon AlleyEXT. DIAGON ALLEY - LATE MORNING

It is a cobbled street packed with shops and shoppers. The sun relects of a Cauldron and brings Harry's eyes to the Cauldron shop. "Cauldrons - All Sizes - Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver - Self-Stirring - Collapsible" says the sign.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah, you'll be needin' one, but we gotta get yer money first.

They pass an Apothecary...

APOTHECARY LADY
Dragon liver, sixteen Sickles an ounce, they're mad!

...and Eeylops Owl Emporium where the sign advertises "Tawny Screech, Barn, Brown, and Snowy". All these species snooze or hoot. From in or outside the shop. They pass another shop were boys admire a broomstick in the shops window...

QUIDDITCH BOY
Look! The new Nimbus Two Thousand - fastest ever -

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gringotts!

A snowy white building towers ahead. Two short creatures guard the doors.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
(Whisphering to Harry)
Yeah, those are goblins.

They make their way through the front door.

INT. GRINGOTTS FOYER - LATE MORNING

The doors shut behind them. Harry reaches for one of the the next doors, which are silver, but Hagrid shakes his head. Harry is just about to ask Hagrid why, when, suddenly, a voice is heard.

GRINGOTTS VOICE (V.O.)
Enter, stranger, but take heed, Of what awaits the sin of greed, For those who take, but do not earn, Must pay most dearly in their turn. So if you seek beneath our floors, A treasure that was never yours, Thief, you have been warned, beware Of finding more than treasure here.

As this is said, it is etched upon the doors. It stay there for a while, then fades.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Like I said, you'd be mad ter try an' rob it.

The doors open themselves.

INT. GRINGOTTS HALL - LATE MORNING

Two goblins bow them inside. Hagrid makes his way to one of the many counters.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Morning. We've come ter take some money outta Mr Harry Potter's safe.

GRINGOTTS GOBLIN
You have his key, sir?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Got it here somewhere.

And he empties a few pockets, searching. The goblin crinkles his nose when moudly dog-biscuts are put on his desk.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
(Holding up the key)
Got it.

The goblin takes it and examines it.

GRINGOTTS GOBLIN
That seems to be in order.

RUBEUS HAGRID
An' I've also got a letter here from Professor Dumbledore. It's about the You-Know-What in vault seven hundred and thirteen.

The goblin looks sideways at Hagrid, takes the letter, and skims it.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Very well. I will have someone take you down to both vaults. Griphook!

Another goblin makes his way forward. He signals them towards one of the doors to the side of the hall.

HARRY POTTER
What's the You-Know-What in vault seven hundred and thirteen?
RUBEUS HAGRID
Can't tell yeh that. Very secret. Hogwarts business. Dumbledore's trusted me. More'n my job's worth ter tell yeh that.

INT. HARRY'S VAULT - GRINGOTTS - LATE MORNING
(A LITTLE LATER) (1/8/1991)

Harry and Hagrid get out of the cart. Griphook unlocks the vault. Green smoke billows. It clears and suddenly Harry's face changes to shock and mounds of gold, silver and bronze can be seen.

RUBEUS HAGRID
All yours.
(He put some into a bag for Harry as Harry is too shocked)
The gold ones are Galleons. Seventeen silver Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle, it's easy enough. Right, that should be enough fer a couple o' terms, we'll keep the rest safe for yeh.

Hagrid hands the bag to Harry and the vault closes.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Vault seven hundred and thirteen now, please.

INT. VAULT 713 - GRINGOTTS - LATE MORNING

It has no keyhole. Griphook arrives, followed by Harry and Hagrid.

GRIPHOOK
Stand back!

Griphook runs his finger over the door. The door melts away.

GRIPHOOK (CONT’D)
If anyone but a Gringotts goblin tried that, they'd be sucked through the door and trapped in there.

HARRY POTTER
How often do you check to see if anyone's inside?

GRIPHOOK
About once every ten years.

Harry looks anxiously into the vault, but it is empty. Hagrid holds a small, grubby package.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Come on, back in thus infernal cart.

They go back in the cart. Vault 713 reseals itself.

EXT. DIAGON ALLEY - LATE MORNING

RUBEUS HAGRID
Might as well get yer uniform.

He points to "Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions".

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Listen, Harry, would yeh mind if I slipped off fer a pick-me-up in the Leaky Cauldron? I hate them Gringotts carts.

Harry nods, and enters Malkin's alone.

INT. MADAM MALKIN'S ROBES FOR ALL OCCASIONS - LATE MORNING

A bell rings as he enters. Madam Malkin approaches Harry.

MADAM MALKIN
Hogwarts, dear? Got the lot here - another young man being fitted up just now, in fact.

Harry is prompted to the back of the shop where a pale, pointed faced boy (Draco Malfoy) is standing on a footstool, an employee pining the black robes he has over his normal clothes. Malkin puts a robe over Harry too, once he is on a second footstool.

DRACO MALFOY
Hello, Hogwarts too?

The boy speaks very proper, yet close to a sneer.

HARRY POTTER
Yes.

DRACO MALFOY
My father's next door buying my books and mother's up the street looking at wands. Then I'm going to drag them off to took at racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I'll bully father into getting me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow. Have you got your own broom?

HARRY POTTER
No.

DRACO MALFOY
Play Quidditch at all?

HARRY POTTER
(Confused)
Er - No.

DRACO MALFOY
I do - Father says it's a crime if I'm not picked to play for my house, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you'll be in yet?

HARRY POTTER
(Feeling stupid)
No.

DRACO MALFOY
Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll be in Slytherin, all our amily have been - imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?

HARRY POTTER
(Wishing to say more)
Mmmm.

DRACO MALFOY
I say, look at that man!

Hagrid is outside, holding two ice-creams.

HARRY POTTER
That's Hagrid. He works at Hogwarts.

DRACO MALFOY
Oh, I've heard of him. He's a sort of servant, isn't he? Yes, exactly. I heard he's a sort of savage - lives in a hut on the school grounds and every now and then he gets drunk, tries to do magic, and ends up setting fire to his bed.

HARRY POTTER
(Coldly)
I think he's brilliant.

DRACO MALFOY
Do you? Why is he with you? Where are your parents?

HARRY POTTER
They're dead.

DRACO MALFOY
(Not sounding like means it.)
Oh, sorry. But they were our kind, weren't they?

HARRY POTTER
They were a witch and wizard, if that's what you mean.

DRACO MALFOY
I really don't think they should let the other sort in, do you? They're just not the same, they've never been brought up to know our ways. Some of them have never even heard of Hogwarts until they get the letter, imagine. I think they should keep it in the old wizarding families. What's your surname, anyway?

But...

MADAM MALKIN
That's you done, my dear.

Harry hops off the stool, happy to leave.

Old November 15th, 2007, 10:35 pm

Since Hagrid being expelled is more important to CoS:
CoS: Mudbloods and MurmursEXT. PUMPKIN PATCH - HAGRID’S HUT - MORNING

Outside are extremely large pumpkins.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gettin' on well, aren't they? Fer the Halloween feast ... should be big enough by then.

HARRY POTTER
What’ve you been feeding them?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Well, ah...

Hagrid’s pink umbrella is leaning against the back door.

HERMIONE GRANGER
(helping out)
An Engorgement Charm, I suppose?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah, I’d be grateful if yeh didn't mention that ter anyone.

HERMIONE GRANGER
Why?

RUBEUS HAGRID
I'm - er - not supposed ter do magic. See - I was expelled from Hogwarts. In me third year ter tell the truth.

HERMIONE GRANGER
(surprised)
You were expelled from Hogwarts?

RON WEASLEY
I never knew that Hagrid.

HARRY POTTER
Why were you expelled?

RUBEUS HAGRID
(To Ron)
Met yer little sister yesterday. Said she was jus' lookin' round the grounds, but I reckon she was hopin' she might run inter someone else at my house.
On another note I figured out the order I will write my scripts: PS, GoF, CoS, HBP, PoA, OotP, DH.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; November 15th, 2007 at 11:23 pm.
Old November 20th, 2007, 11:17 pm
First Year

About the death of Voldemort... I was actually thinking how this should be like.

BELLATRIX topples to the ground, and in slow-motion, Voldemort turns to watch her die.

VOLDEMORT: NO!!! (not a cheesy "NO!" but a very scary, insane "NO!")

He turns and waves the ELDER WAND, and tendrils of light spary everywhere, hurling MCGONGALL, SLUGHORN, AND SHACKLEBOLT over the Great Hall. VOLDEMORT turns to MOLLY, furious. HE raises the wand, and just as the Killing Curse was said, HARRY pulls the Cloak off. Now in regular motion.

HARRY: PROTEGO!

A massive shield explodes in the middle of the Hall, and as everybody turns to see who'd done it, HARRY steps out of the crowd. VOLDEMORT turns to see HARRY, and he hisses. The magical ceiling now turns to a deep violet color, and a hint (very slight) of the sun is starting to rise. It's very subtle. They start circling each other. The crowd stumbles backward, making a circle in the hall. Several DEATH EATERS Apparate between the people, turning in confusion. One of them looks at Voldemort, gestures, but with a look from VOLDEMORT, he clambers back in rank.

VOLDEMORT: Harry Potter. So yet again, you escaped Death.

HARRY: (raises a hand quickly) Don't help. It's got to be like this, just you and me.

VOLDEMORT: You don't mean that, Potter. You snivel and hide behind the skirts of greater people, hiding away from me.

HARRY: You thought so. But you're wrong. I did that to protect everybody, from your harm. Remember my mother, Lily? The blood she gave up protected me from you... until-

VOLDEMORT: I came back! You're not protected anymore!

HARRY: Yes, you're right... but don't you see? I've done the same thing... for everybody who've fought you tonight. You don't know anything, do you, Riddle?

VOLDEMORT: (growls) You dare to-

HARRY: Yes. You never learn from your mistakes, Tom Riddle. Now, before you make yet another mistake, try to feel remorse...

VOLDEMORT: What is this? (looks shocked briefly)

HARRY: I've seen what you will become. Be a man...

VOLDEMORT: You're lying! I, Lord Voldemort, possesses the powerful wand ever to touch Wizarding history! We don't have that Phoenix core protection anymore, we duel on skills, alone!

HARRY: Be careful. You think you're powerful?

VOLDEMORT: I BROUGHT UPON THE DEATH OF ALBUS DUMBLEDORE!

HARRY: You thought so, yet you're wrong.

The crowd reacts, and whisperings start. They are cut off by VOLDEMORT.

VOLDEMORT: He is dead, on this grounds, rotting in the tomb! I saw it myself!

HARRY: He never got murdered. He made a fatal mistake and arranged the whole thing with the man you thought was your faithful servant... Severus Snape. He stopped working for you once you killed my mother... she was the only person Snape ever truly loved.

VOLDEMORT: Silence! What does it matter, then, as both are dead! On my own doings!

HARRY: Really? Well, when Malfoy disarmed Dumbledore on the evening he died... that wand you're holding, the master of that is Draco Malfoy.

VOLDEMORT: I can attend to Draco after this! You speak nonsense, and you're stalling your death!

HARRY: But... I overtook Malfoy weeks ago and took his wand. (holds up wand) Does that wand you hold know its master was disarmed? Because if it does... then I am the master of the Elder Wand.

The sun finally rises, and the magical ceiling turns a shocking orange-yellow.

VOLDEMORT: AVADA KEDVARA!

HARRY: EXPELLARMIUS!

The jets of the spells collides, then they breaks up. Shots of light bursts from the connected jet of light. Voldemort growls, but then he looks fearful- as the Elder Wand flicks away out of his hand- a green jet shot out- it hits Voldemort in the chest- a booming explosion echoes as Voldemort kneels. A moment, then suddenly jets of light burst from his chest. Voldemort's body withers, then his robe turns into smoke, and his body along disappears in a smoky fog. The Death Eaters panics, and attempts to Disapparate, but the Order quickly gathers them up.

Last edited by Dementor13; November 27th, 2007 at 12:00 am.
Old November 26th, 2007, 4:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementor13 View Post
About the death of Voldemort... I was actually thinking how this should be like.

Interesting, yet I feel it's a bit short for the big finale.

I definately think that Voldemort's "No" can't be chessy.

I actually think that the thread name is mis-leading, as not all the movies have actually been made yet. I think I'll change it (for the 10th time)

Anyway, about my script. I've decided to write a treatment before continuing. Here's what I've done:
PS Treatment:    

A cat is sitting outside a house.

In this house are Petunia and Vernon Dursley, both happy, but only on the outside. Their son, Dursley, drops his cereal in protest. “Shan’t!”

Vernon goes to work to find weird people in cloaks whispering about the Potter’s son, Harry.

At home, Vernon discovers that owls have been flying around during daylight and that there has been a downpour of shooting stars. Trying to make sense of all of this, he asks Petunia if he has heard from her sister (She says no), as asked for a reminder of his nephew’s name. It’s Harry.

That night, an elderly man appears (Dumbledore). He turns out all the street lights with a cigarette-lighter-like device (Deluminator). He approaches the cat, which turns into a woman: McGonagall. They discuss what everyone is celebrating: The downfall of an evil wizard by a infant who was to be the last to be killed in his family. McGonagall then asks why Dumbledore is here. “To bring Harry to his aunt and uncle”. Dumbledore says he has written a letter. McGonagall doesn’t initially side with Dumbledore on this. Hagrid, a half-giant, brings Harry on a giant motorbike. On his forehead, Harry has a lightning-bolt scar, a souvenir of the attack. Dumbledore leaves Harry and the letter on the doorstep and they all say their goodbyes.

10 years later.

Harry wakes to Petunia’s shrill voice. Harry remembers a dream he had with a flying motorbike. She comes back and announces it is Dudley’s Birthday.

Dudley counts his many presents and is displeased. The phone rings and Petunia come back with some news: Harry can’t go to Mrs. Figg’s. Petunia and Vernon can’t decide what to do. The doorbell rings. Petunia and Dudley leave and Vernon tells Harry “No funny business.” Harry remembers the odd happenings that seem to happen around him.

A motorbike passes and Harry tells Vernon of the dream he had about a flying one. “Motorbikes don’t fly!” “It was only a dream.”

They arrive at the zoo. Dudley spots the largest snake and orders his father to make it move. It won’t; it’s asleep. They all move away, except Harry, who tells the snake “It must be really annoying,” and, astonishingly, the snake wakes. Harry asks where it’s from and the snake points to the sign next to him. Brazil. “Was it nice there” Harry is told to read further: “This specimen was bred in the zoo.” Then, Piers Shouts noticing what the snake is doing. Dudley shoves Harry onto the floor, Harry looks up and… the glass has vanished. Dudley and Piers are terrified as the large snake slithers out of the cage. “Brazil, here I come ... Thanksss, amigo.”

The group head home. Dudley and Piers make up heroic tales. Piers turns to Harry: “Harry was talking to it, weren't you, Harry?” Vernon is not happy.

Vernon forces Harry into his cupboard, where Harry remembers the tale of his scar.

1 month later.

The mail arrives and Harry is told to get it by Vernon and Dudley.

In the mail there is… a letter for Harry.

Harry comes back with the mail and starts opening his letter, but it is noticed by Dudley. Vernon snatches it and opens it himself (“Who’d be writing to you?”), but is terrified by what is inside. He shows Petunia who shares the same emotion. Vernon chucks Dudley and Harry out of the room to hold a private conversation.

Once outside, Dudley listens at the keyhole and Harry at the gap under the door.

Inside (while Harry listens) Petunia and Vernon decide what to do. Petunia wonders how they know where he sleeps. Vernon demands they don’t reply as “I'm not having one in the house, Petunia! Didn't we swear when we took him in we'd stamp out that dangerous nonsense?”

That night Vernon tells Harry that the letter was addressed wrong and that he should move to Dudley’s second bedroom as he is getting to big for the cupboard. “Why?” “Don't ask questions!”

Later that night, Harry comes down the stairs to find Vernon nailing the letterbox and in a conversation with Petunia. “See, if they can't deliver them they'll just give up.” “I'm not sure that'll work, Vernon.” “Oh, these people's minds work in strange ways, Petunia, they're not like you and me.”

The next morning, Petunia opens a new packet of eggs to find… letters. But they’ve changed. They now read ‘Mr. H. Potter, The Smallest Bedroom, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey’. She shows the rest of the family. “Who on earth wants to talk to you this badly?” says Dudley.

The next morning is Sunday. No post, exclaims Vernon, but a letter suddenly hits him in the back of the head. They are flying out of the fireplace. Harry tries to grab one, but he is thrown out of the room by Vernon.

In the Hall, Vernon announces they are going away.

The next day. They’ve travelled far and wide. Everyone wants to go home except Vernon, who is now searching for the perfect place. He comes back to the car: he’s found it.

He points to a hut on a rock way out on sea. “Storm forecast for tonight! And I've been able to lend a boat.” And to Harry, “Could do with some of those letters now, eh?”

Old November 26th, 2007, 8:25 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementor13 View Post
HARRY: He never got murdered. He made a fatal mistake and arranged the whole thing with your faithful servant... Severus Snape. He stopped working for you once you killed my mother... the only woman he've ever loved.
"The man you THOUGHT was your faithful servant." And Severus stopped working for Voldie before Lily's death, not after (I think Harry's exact words were "from the moment you started hunting my mother.") Also, it isn't clear from the above that it wasn't DD who was in love with Lily, but Severus.

Otherwise, though, it's not bad at all.

"Hey, Mom! Snape DIDN'T die - he's pitching in the World Series!"
[
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:42 pm

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your version of Harry Potter

OK, I've done a rewrite of the following scene, though one line I really want to shorten and don't know how.

It's shorter than before (by two pages according to the page count):    

PS: Diagon AlleyINT. HUT-ON-THE-ROCK - MORNING
(1/8/1991)

Hagrid's coat falls of Harry. An owl is tapping at the window, carrying a newspaper. Harry gets up and opens it and the owl drops the newspaper and attacks Hagrid's coat.

HARRY POTTER
Hagrid! There's an -- owl!

RUBEUS HAGRID
(Grunting in his sleep)
Give him five Knuts.

HARRY POTTER
Knuts?
RUBEUS HAGRID
Little bronze coins. Look in the pockets.

Harry tries one of the many pockets in Hagrid's coat and the owl hops out of the way. He withdraws keys and slug pellets, then strange looking coins. Harry gives the owl the money and he flies off. Harry's mouth is open in astonishment. Hagrid is now up

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Best be off, Harry, lots ter do today, gotta buy all yer stuff fer school.

Harry looks down at the coins still in his hands.

HARRY POTTER
Um, Hagrid? I haven't got any money - and you heard Uncle Vernon last night … he won't pay for me to go and learn magic.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Don't worry about that. D'yeh think yer parents didn't leave yeh anything? First stop fer us is Gringotts. Wizards' bank.

HARRY POTTER
Wizards have banks?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Just the one. Gringotts. Run by goblins.

HARRY POTTER
Goblins?

RUBEUS HAGRID - This is the line I want to cut shorter...
Yeah - so yeh'd be mad ter try an' rob it. Never mess with goblins, Harry. Gringotts is the safest place in the world - 'cept maybe Hogwarts. As a matter o' fact, I gotta visit Gringotts anyway. Fer Dumbledore. Hogwarts business. He usually gets me ter do important stuff fer him. Fetchin' you gettin' things from Gringotts - knows he can trust me, see. Got everythin'? Come on, then.

I/E. ROWBOAT - MORNING

Hagrid taps the boat with his umbrella and it rows itself towards land. He then proceeds to unfold the newspaper (The Daily Prophet). Turning a page, Hagrid says:

RUBEUS HAGRID
Ministry o' Magic messin' things up as usual.

HARRY POTTER
There's a Ministry of Magic? But what does a Ministry of Magic do?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Well, their main job is to keep it from the Muggles that there's still witches an' wizards up an' down the country.

HARRY POTTER
Why?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Why? Blimey, Harry, everyone'd be wantin' magic solutions to their problems. Nah, we're best left alone.

The boat sails further.

HARRY POTTER
Why would you be mad to try and rob Gringotts?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Spells - enchantments. They say there's dragons guardin' the high security vaults. And Gringotts is hundreds of miles under London, deep under the Underground. Yeh'd die of hunger tryin' ter get out.

HARRY POTTER
Hagrid, did you say there are dragons at Gringotts?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Well they say so.
(beat)
Crikey, I'd like a dragon.

HARRY POTTER
You'd like one?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Wanted one ever since I was a kid.
(he resumes reading the newspaper)
Still got your letter, Harry?

Harry takes it out.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Good. There's a list there of everything yeh need.

The letter is unfolded. Harry skims each section and reads aloud the last, gaining in volume:

HARRY POTTER
(puzzled slightly)
1 wand, 1 cauldron, 1 set glass or crystal phials, 1 telescope, 1 set brass scales.

Harry looks up at Hagrid

HARRY POTTER (CONT’D)
Can we find all this in London?

RUBEUS HAGRID
If yeh know where to go.

The boat bumps against the edge of the coast.

Old November 27th, 2007, 12:00 am
First Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your version of Harry Potter

Thanks! I've edited the mentioned above.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies