Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Will Draco join the good side?

Old June 27th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Master Seer

Re: Will Draco join the good side?

maybe we should clarify what 'join the good side' means.
Turning away from the Dark Order? Aiding the good guys in some way? Simply run and keep his feet still and his head low? Join the Phoenix Order? Join Harry and friends? Do some major redeeming deed? Tell Harry how he's always admired him and the past six years were just a terrible misunderstanding?

I do believe that Draco will pick up on Dumbledore's idea (US version) and alongside his mother go and ask the Phoenix Order for help, which will be granted to honour Dumbledore's wish. He's also likely to contribute in some small way, but as for the rest - I don't see that coming.

Old June 27th, 2007, 5:31 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur du mal View Post
maybe we should clarify what 'join the good side' means.
Turning away from the Dark Order? Aiding the good guys in some way? Simply run and keep his feet still and his head low? Join the Phoenix Order? Join Harry and friends? Do some major redeeming deed? Tell Harry how he's always admired him and the past six years were just a terrible misunderstanding?
You have a good point here. Because i could Draco running away if he were to get scared but I really couldn't see Draco do anything besides being loyal towards Voldemort. All those years of s******ing at Harry and his friends is just one way to show they could never get together and accomplish something important. I just can't see it in any way.

Old June 27th, 2007, 6:03 pm
Seventh Year

Draco joining the good side? Draco may be smart and cunning but he isn't necessarily clever enough to keep himself alive if he did turn against Voldemort. Oh yes Draco was ingenious in his master plan to take down Dumbledore but even still he to have someone come and save him. Draco is in too deep with Voldemort now to turn back much less do it successfully. If he were to join the good side he'd be signing his own death warrant. I see Draco as joinging the other side at the last minute or by doing something crucial that proves he is no longer with Voldemort. Draco would have to choose the most opportune moment to show his true colors and prove it.

"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."

"Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."
"Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor."

"Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."
Old June 28th, 2007, 12:51 am
Third Year

I always belived that the only reason why Narcissa and Draco were with Lord Voldemort was because of Mr.Malfoy(I forgot his first name. I am so stupid). Since he is in Azkaban now, I think that they might be on the good side because since Draco couldn't kill Dumbledore.

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Old June 28th, 2007, 1:40 am
Fifth Year

I don't know about fully coming to the good side. I think that he will attempt to turn his back on the bad side, maybe help Harry a little bit (unwillingly somehow I think, though I'm not sure how this would work), and then he will be killed by Voldemort. But I don't think he will every fully turn to the good side.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old June 28th, 2007, 1:48 am
First Year

Yea i agree that he has messed it up a bit himself and i also believe he could have stopped himself. For i think he should have said no i cant do that im to young or idk something. Besides i think theres someway he could ahve switched over before he got so mixed in

Old June 28th, 2007, 2:05 am
Master Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book_Worm_07 View Post
Yea i agree that he has messed it up a bit himself and i also believe he could have stopped himself. For i think he should have said no i cant do that im to young or idk something. Besides i think theres someway he could ahve switched over before he got so mixed in
now that's something that I disagree with. Draco already had run out of most options before he even joined the Death Eaters. Lucius became a Death Eater out of pure free will, but his instant defection after Voldemort's downfall, the diary story, the fact that he had messed it up in the Ministry and is currently in Azkaban - those are factors limiting Draco's choices. If he had turned Voldemort down saying "sorry, I don't think I can do this, I'm too young to be a murderer", he'd have signed at least his father's death sentence, if not his own. If he had accepted first and defected to Dumbledore later on, he'd have condemned the both of them, plus Narcissa possibly. The only chance to save himself AND his loved ones was indeed Dumbledore's mercy. But exactly this mercy he didn't know until the night on the tower. He grew up as Lucius' son - in the US version Dumbledore says that the Death Eaters would expect him to kill Draco and Narcissa too because that's what they would do - so Draco wasn't quite familiar with the whole concept of 'mercy'.

Old June 28th, 2007, 2:11 am
First Year

I really believe that the only reason that Draco is on Voldy's side is because of Lucius like Queen_Princess said. He wants to live up to his family's expectations. The fact that he couldn't kill Dumbledore and Narcissa had to ask Snape to make the Unbreakable Vow show that he is not fully committed to Voldemort, but I don't think he has it in him to betray the dark lord and begin working for the Order. He is just interested in saving his own neck, so he will stick with Voldemort unless he finds a VERY good way of getting out of his service.

"Severus," said Dumbledore, turning to Snape, "you know what I must ask you to do. If you are ready... if you are prepared..."
"I am," said Snape.

Old June 28th, 2007, 2:24 am
Fourth Year

If this is still a children's book (and Harry is going to live), then I can definately see Draco (like Pettigrew) redeeming himself in a big way...I mean, everyone deserves a second chance and a chance to prove themselves. The fact that he couldn't carry out his "plan" in HBP shows me that there may be some good left in him...maybe.

"Fell out of bed, butterfly bandage, but don't worry
You'll never remember, your head is far too blurry
Put him in the back of a squad car, restrain that man
He needs his head put through a cat scan
Hey editor, I'm undeniable, hey doctor, I'm certifiable"
Old June 28th, 2007, 2:26 am
First Year

I see Draco running for his life. He had made it abudantly clear that he doesn't like Potter or "that Mudblood and Weasly". Somehow, I just don't imagine a scene of him telling Harry he's sorry and that he's always admired him and he just didn't know how to say it to him.

But would he help the Order in some way? Well, probably, if he's in such a situation where he has no where else to run, but he probably wouldn't want to actually join Harry or allow Harry to even suspect that he may be joining the Order.

Old June 28th, 2007, 2:42 am
Third Year

Draco is kind of weird. Nothing else

Old June 28th, 2007, 2:54 am
Second Year

Draco is selfish, yet I do believe that he has enough sense to want to be safe. Because when it comes down to it, Draco only wants to be protected. Hence Crabbe and Goyle around him all the time. He was watching out for his saftey in the tower, beacause the only reason he smuggled in the Death Eaters were so that they could watch his back. Will Draco join the good side, in this case, the Order? Well, that depends on if the Order proves to provide protection. If members of the Order begin to lost to Death Eaters, then Malfoy will not join the Order, but if the DEs begin to lose to the Order, then Malfoy will join them.

Old June 28th, 2007, 2:55 am
Curse Breaker

Time for Version Two.

It's time for some football!

J.K. Rowling's Official Website FAQs

Last edited by Nicole; June 29th, 2007 at 12:43 am.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives