Re: Worst Movies You've Ever Seen v2.

So Bernie Mac replaced Bill Murray?

Old October 25th, 2006, 12:12 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_ned View Post
So Bernie Mac replaced Bill Murray?
Yup....awkward beyond belief....the whole movie is just plain awkward!

Old October 25th, 2006, 12:23 am
First Year

Hmm...the worst movie I ever saw was "ALIVE" when they showed 'details' of the plot when they crashed. It was actually so bad that we'd popped the DVD out of the player.

The movie that first scared me though, and i mean 'scared' me, was called "Prophecy". And it was the first time I'd seen it!

(My MWPP Era fanfic)

Remember 9/11-NEVER forget

United We Stand
Old October 25th, 2006, 12:27 am
Fourth Year

I think I remember Prophesy. Is that the movie with the creature that's some type of combination of every animal? Or something like that...

Old October 25th, 2006, 6:18 pm
First Year

yeah sort of. It was about this logging company that was using mercury in their paper making. it leaked out into the wilderness and a bear managed to eat the salmon or drank from the water. it was so badly malformed. even the cubs were. It was like 12 feet tall. but it just scared us to bits because of the suspense and the fact that it COULD happen..

(My MWPP Era fanfic)

Remember 9/11-NEVER forget

United We Stand
Old October 25th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypres View Post
Aw, it wasn't all that bad! I admit, I was quite disappointed but not to the point of completely hating it... the storyline and the genious of the author still captivated me..
We're all entitled to our own opinions, i guess.....but what do u mean by the storyline and the genius of the author? sure i would agree 120% if u were talking about the book...maybe i missed something..i was too busy gawking at the horrible-ness of Sophie in the movie...and how they rushed it...and what Tom Hanks was thinking when he let the crew give him a script as horrid as that...and *chuckle*..how they got doc ock to act as the albino's caretaker....but just answer my question what exactly captivated you?...and maybe, now that i read this over, i sound like i was being rude but i wasn't...just to tell you....

Old October 25th, 2006, 11:02 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyM View Post
We're all entitled to our own opinions, i guess.....but what do u mean by the storyline and the genius of the author? sure i would agree 120% if u were talking about the book...maybe i missed something..i was too busy gawking at the horrible-ness of Sophie in the movie...and how they rushed it...and what Tom Hanks was thinking when he let the crew give him a script as horrid as that...and *chuckle*..how they got doc ock to act as the albino's caretaker....but just answer my question what exactly captivated you?...and maybe, now that i read this over, i sound like i was being rude but i wasn't...just to tell you....
Well, you know the original plot line that the author created? Obviously they incorporated it into the movie.. and I just love the story. While I might not have liked the movie, I spent so much time specualting what the scenes would look like (while reading the book) that just seeing the action from the book come to life sort of distracted me, so to say, from how bad the movie actually was. I agree that Audrey Toutou(sp?) was not the best actress for the role; and yes, I expected a lot more out of Tom Hanks. However, the performance that disappointed me the most was Ian McClellan(sp?) - he played the Teacher. Usually, he is a ridiculously amazing actor; but in this film, I think he quite lost his touch..

Anyway, I hope that answered your question

Aw, Jack's just hilarious, isn't he?
Old October 26th, 2006, 12:08 am
Registered Animagus

Can we keep that sort of thing to Owls please? Thank-you.

FA CUP ROUND 3 - JANUARY 1ST 2009
WE'RE THE GREATEST EVER TEAM THE WORLD'S EVER SEEN - SOUTHEND UNITED FC

My blog:
http://thewritersodyssey.weebly.com/
Old October 26th, 2006, 12:36 am
Registered Animagus

There are many bad movies Ive seen, but the most recent one Ive added to the list is 'Brave New World'. We had to read the book in English and our teacher thought itd be fun *cough-cruel and unusual-cough* to inflict the movie on us too, as if the book wasnt terrible enough. It is an old-ish movie but still... *cringe* the characters were all wrong, they changed the plot too much, the whole environment was wrong and the whole look of the film was painful to watch.

Old October 30th, 2006, 1:10 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrwfan View Post
I thought that American Beauty and Vanilla Sky were pretty bad. For the life of me, I can't understand why these movies were so talked about. I think American Beauty was nominated for an Academy.
I have to agree. I really didn't like either one. Vanilla Sky was just weird...

“If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams.” (Yann Martel, Life of Pi)
Old October 30th, 2006, 9:53 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noni288 View Post
And I know everyone thinks Lost in Translation is sooo great but honestly I was bored outta my mind and don't see why its considered so good...
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. It had it's moments, but overall, it wasn't very exciting and it didn't seem like the characters were really doing anything. There wasn't really much conflict.

I have to say, I loved American Beauty, though. One of top-ten favorites, quite likely. I've seen quite a few people who don't like it, though.

Old October 30th, 2006, 11:33 pm
Fourth Year

Okay, here's another candidate for all time worst movie: Exorcist 2

The first Exorcist is a very interesting movie, but the second is a load of you know what.

Old October 31st, 2006, 2:30 pm
First Year

By far it has to be James and The Giant Peach. But there have been some really bad horror movies, Scream 2 and 3 were really bad. Halloween Ressurection was terrible. Toolbox Murders (2004) wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but it was still pretty damn awful.

Mike Shinoda = God
Old November 1st, 2006, 4:01 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetKisses View Post
By far it has to be James and The Giant Peach. But there have been some really bad horror movies, Scream 2 and 3 were really bad. Halloween Ressurection was terrible. Toolbox Murders (2004) wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but it was still pretty damn awful.
I loved the original Scream movie. I thought Scream 2 was okay--there were some really suspenseful parts, for me, but the ending was a let-down. Scream 3 was horrible. The acting was bad, the setting was bad, the characters were bad (I didn't really care if they were killed or not), things didn't add up (at one point, the killer seems to defy the laws of physics while chasing Sydney by being in two places at once) and the whole thing just seemed really, really desperate to me.

Old November 1st, 2006, 7:03 am
Third Year

Worst movies I have ever seen (meaning I will never make up for the time wasted) would be either XXX(should have known better-Vin Diesel?) or The Rules of Attraction. Other noteable movies would include Ned Kelly(both the Heath Ledger/Orlando Bloom one and the one starring Mick Jagger) and Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter.

Old November 1st, 2006, 7:08 am
BANNED... No really they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pints View Post
Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter.
Wow. Just by the name I can agree with you.

As for me, I just saw Scary Movie 4 a few days ago, and man do I wish I could get my rental money back. Terrible, terrible movie. It took me two days to watch it. I couldn't sit through it all in one go.

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old November 1st, 2006, 7:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypres View Post
Well, you know the original plot line that the author created? Obviously they incorporated it into the movie.. and I just love the story. While I might not have liked the movie, I spent so much time specualting what the scenes would look like (while reading the book) that just seeing the action from the book come to life sort of distracted me, so to say, from how bad the movie actually was. I agree that Audrey Toutou(sp?) was not the best actress for the role; and yes, I expected a lot more out of Tom Hanks. However, the performance that disappointed me the most was Ian McClellan(sp?) - he played the Teacher. Usually, he is a ridiculously amazing actor; but in this film, I think he quite lost his touch..

Anyway, I hope that answered your question
yep it did...but one last thing...i mean u can't deny that they definately concentrated more on how the movie looked and the sceial effects...but i guess i can see what u mean by the plot..but still i think it was a bit bare when it came to the acting and was very rushed...and besides...u know what im talking about when i say that the movie didn't sell chills up my spine like the book did....but they did the end spot-on when he kneels down to pray..but that's about it......ill stop talking now...

Old November 2nd, 2006, 2:06 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHPFAN View Post
As for me, I just saw Scary Movie 4 a few days ago, and man do I wish I could get my rental money back. Terrible, terrible movie. It took me two days to watch it. I couldn't sit through it all in one go.
Oh, man, all I've seen of the Scary Movie movies, I've hated. They aren't funny at all, in my opinion. I never saw the first one, though, so maybe that one was better (I seem to remember it getting a good review). Unfortunately, I think it happens a lot where a good or at least decent movie gets a lot of attention, and then they ruin it by making it into a series and trying to get all the money they can.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 2:54 pm
Fifth Year

Run Ronny Run. SUCH a dumb movie. I only watched it because so much of it was filnmed in my hometown. And now, I seriously regret the fact that I even spent money on renting the thing. What a waste of a good $2. Could have bought myself a large Diet Coke from McDonald's with that money.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 3:51 pm
Fourth Year

Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

'Nuff said.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives