Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand

The Next Dark Lord

Old June 6th, 2012, 1:30 am
First Year

Re: The Next Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEd View Post
As a half-giant he already has trouble doing complicated magic, so i find it hilarious
It might be interesting to read about his attempt though. . .
Well, no one would ever suspect him. People may be prejudiced against him as a half-giant, but no one would think he could become a Dark Lord, particularly not his friends. It'd help to be completely above suspicion to the Head of the Aurors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakes View Post
A Dark Lord with a pink umbrella...?
He could hide the Elder Wand in that umbrella and no one would ever know he had it

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2012, 3:29 am
Second Year

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensclaw93 View Post
First post to suggest the Dark Lord Hagrid? Anyone?
As a half-giant he already has trouble doing complicated magic, so i find it hilarious
It might be interesting to read about his attempt though. . .
Harry: So where's the elder wand?
Hagrid: Here you go. I'm afraid I might have sat on it at one point. *gives the shattered elder wand to Harry*.
Harry: Okay. And the resurrection stone?
Hagrid: *realizes he fed it to someone.* Buckbeak? Come here you silly creature.
Harry: All right fine, what about the invisibility cloak?
Hagrid: Blimey Harry, I left it with Fang. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a few days...
Harry: Look! It's Voldemort in a painting!
Hagrid: Avada Kedavra! *he hits a painting of Snape instead.* I shouldn't have done that. *the spell continues bouncing off and hits every death eater* I should NOT have done that... *walks away*.

19 Years Later

Hagrid: Well I haven't seen you since you was middle aged, Harry. You've grown up a bit, particularly in the middle!
Harry: Why are you still a dark lord?
Hagrid: To make some copies of course. Horcruxes be helpful when building me new homes.

Old June 6th, 2012, 5:40 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPELIAMUS View Post
Harry: So where's the elder wand?
Hagrid: Here you go. I'm afraid I might have sat on it at one point. *gives the shattered elder wand to Harry*.
Harry: Okay. And the resurrection stone?
Hagrid: *realizes he fed it to someone.* Buckbeak? Come here you silly creature.
Harry: All right fine, what about the invisibility cloak?
Hagrid: Blimey Harry, I left it with Fang. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a few days...
Harry: Look! It's Voldemort in a painting!
Hagrid: Avada Kedavra! *he hits a painting of Snape instead.* I shouldn't have done that. *the spell continues bouncing off and hits every death eater* I should NOT have done that... *walks away*.

19 Years Later

Hagrid: Well I haven't seen you since you was middle aged, Harry. You've grown up a bit, particularly in the middle!
Harry: Why are you still a dark lord?
Hagrid: To make some copies of course. Horcruxes be helpful when building me new homes.
That's just perfect I like to imagine Riddle having been telling the truth when he tries to get Hagrid expelled for raising Werewolf cubs. Or maybe Hagrid wasn't evil until Riddle said he was, and he just shrugged and went with it.

Old June 6th, 2012, 11:28 am
First Year

d a m n .... maybe Umbridge was right about those giants ... they are evil & cunning creatures no doubt

Old June 6th, 2012, 4:44 pm
Sixth Year

Hagrid would have various monsters do his bidding. He could unleash creatures to terrorize the neighborhood.

Old June 6th, 2012, 5:15 pm
Second Year

Instead of a new Dark Lord, what about a Dark Lady?

After all, Bellatrix Lestrange exhibits the cruelty and lust for power that would be required, and I wouldn't see her showing any scruples about doing anything to attain and then keep that position.

Of course, she's dead. Slight flaw in the plan - but having established the concept, does anyone think there's any mileage in this, and any suggestions?

You're the weak one. And you'll never know love, or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.

I'm LightChaser4263 on Pottermore.
Feel free to add me as a friend, but please owl me first on CoS. Thanks!
Proud member of Gryffindor House in the Chamber of Secrets and on Pottermore.

Last edited by Peakes; June 6th, 2012 at 5:21 pm. Reason: Edited out suggestion about Lavender, who is, of course, dead too.
Old June 6th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Sixth Year

Bellatrix was really the "old guard" when it comes to evil. Just like Dumbledore had his Grindelwald, and generations later Harry had Voldemort - it will take some time before we would see another character of evil show up. I would love to see it a woman next time (I love strong female characters) and a great opportunity would be to see a Ravenclaw pop up somewhere with a bone to pick with humanity.

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:33 am
First Year

She would have to be dominant like Bellatrix but i think Bella does not have a leader characteristics, she is simply a fanatic. That makes her a great fighter and follower but not a leader.This one would have to be calm, smart and cunning.
Not rash, but manipulative.
I'd love to see it/read about it

Old June 7th, 2012, 12:45 am
Second Year

I take your point, but is Voldemort any more a leader of men?

His authority derives entirely from fear, very few are truly loyal to him (Bellatrix being one, Barty Jr another) and when his power is threatened, see how quickly they abandon him.

You're the weak one. And you'll never know love, or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.

I'm LightChaser4263 on Pottermore.
Feel free to add me as a friend, but please owl me first on CoS. Thanks!
Proud member of Gryffindor House in the Chamber of Secrets and on Pottermore.
Old June 7th, 2012, 1:52 am
Seventh Year

Quote:

His authority derives entirely from fear, very few are truly loyal to him (Bellatrix being one, Barty Jr another) and when his power is threatened, see how quickly they abandon him.
We don't see virtually any of his rise to becoming a Dark Lord, though. He leading by instilling fear when he returned in GOF because many of his Death Eaters were fearful of his wrath and retribution for abandoning him but we also see him leading by manipulation (as he does with Snape - he appears to acquiesce to Snape's request about Lily but still ultimately gets what he wants and (to him) gets to keep a talented and valuable liutenant).

As a boy and a young man he was capable of being charming and charasmatic as we are shown with Hepzepah Smith and to a certain extent in his interaction with Slughorn. He also does manipulate people as a child (in the orphanage) but we don't know if he scared those kids into following him into that cave or charmed them into doing it (as in with his personality, not magically charmed )

We also don't know what his angle was as he rose to power - what was his eventual objective? To simply eradicate muggleborns from wizarding society and then fade back into obscurity? To take over the Ministry and become a Dark Lord Dictator over Britain? Did he want to take over the world? We don't actually know. All we know is that a major component of his ambitions involved him creating horcruxes and becoming immortal, but for what purpose? I'm going to copy this over to Voldemort's character thread I think.

Old June 7th, 2012, 12:34 pm
First Year

Quote:

The fact that he was able to charm Helena Ravenclaw into telling him where Diadem was, it shows that his power over people doesn't always have to be associated with fear, but rather a smart and calm way of manipulation

And he was only a student when he did it, if i may add...

Old June 7th, 2012, 7:41 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
The fact that he was able to charm Helena Ravenclaw into telling him where Diadem was, it shows that his power over people doesn't always have to be associated with fear, but rather a smart and calm way of manipulation

And he was only a student when he did it, if i may add...

I think Voldemort could have only done it when he was a student. Beyond that, he was so far removed from the "Handsome Tom Riddle, who charmed so many" As he shifted further away from humanity, he grew uglier and less appealing. The only way he had to rule was through fear and intimidation.

I agree that it would be excellent to see someone more calm and cunning -a perfect roll for a power-hungry Ravenclaw.

It would also be interesting to see a crazed Hufflepuff make an attempt at power, but that would be more comical, and less serious

Old June 7th, 2012, 10:41 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Hey, I think a Hufflepuff would make an excellent Dark Lord. Badgers fight back when threatened, so the next Dark Lord, if from Hufflepuff would fight back, they would not be comical or less serious. (Again with the put down of my favorite house). Hufflepuffs would inspire loyalty, patience and hard work. All good traits that the next Dark Lord would favor. They would think things through and not rush into anything.

Old June 8th, 2012, 12:41 am
First Year

I, on the other hand, think that Gryffindor would be a perfect choice for next dark lord/lady.
It would be very interesting to see and also quite ironic

This person would have to posses some of Ravenclaw and Slytherin qualities, ofc...

Old June 8th, 2012, 6:18 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
Hey, I think a Hufflepuff would make an excellent Dark Lord. Badgers fight back when threatened, so the next Dark Lord, if from Hufflepuff would fight back, they would not be comical or less serious. (Again with the put down of my favorite house). Hufflepuffs would inspire loyalty, patience and hard work. All good traits that the next Dark Lord would favor. They would think things through and not rush into anything.
That's exactly it though... Badgers fight back; they would be less likely to start something, IMO.

Old June 8th, 2012, 5:42 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I could see a Hufflepuff making a very good Dark Lord/Lady - and a very scary one if they're made to be somewhat sociopathic and having a blind adherence to their own views of right and wrong. A sociopathic Hufflepuff unafraid of hardwork and who has limitless patience could make a very scary villain! Maybe scarier than Voldemort who, at times, displays impatience and a penchant for acting rashly at times. Imagine Voldemort with a hufflepuff's patience, waiting for the perfect moment to strike out against their foes... EEP!

Old June 8th, 2012, 8:16 pm
Sixth Year

Voldemort did do hard work and show patience when he started out. He only started slipping a bit towards the end. Hufflepuffs could also be susceptible to this.

Old June 8th, 2012, 11:22 pm
Seventh Year

I'd argue, though, that he didn't show that much patience after he heard the prophecy. He lept to a conclusion that Harry and not Neville was the bigger threat and instead of patiently waiting to see which boy seemed the bigger threat as he grew up he rashly went out and tried to kill Harry.

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:26 am
Sixth Year

The boy could have turned out to be a Dumbledore/Voldemort in the making. Prodigious talent from a young age. IMO I think this was what Voldemort was expecting. I would say that teenage Dumbledore/Voldemort in their time would have been more than a match for most wizards out there. Additionally, this teenage kid would have Dumbledore tutoring him, an even more dangerous situation.

I think Voldemort simply took the opportunity as soon as it was available. Killing two babies was simpler than dueling a Dumbledore trained prodigy at a later date.

Old June 15th, 2012, 3:45 am
First Year

We can have more wars and conflict in the Harry Potter universe without resorting to cycles of "dark lords" constantly rising and threatening everything. Let's get more creative. Let's get more political (or at least, have the opportunity to do so should we so desire).

I present the next threat to the wizarding world:

Harry Wars: Episode 8
Attack of the Squibs

Jonathan Nott was worthless, or at least that's what his parents had told him. He was twelve years old, and hadn't displayed an ounce of magic. "Squib" is what they called him, when they talked to him at all. Mostly, they kept him locked up in the basement, to hide their shame.

But when squibs rise up, lead by a mysterious entity known only as "Medio", the wizarding world is placed into a new age of terror. Squibs, with the right tools, it would seem, can be very dangerous indeed. Society itself seems to be on fire, and Jonathan finds his old life crumbling around him. Adventures await, as he's thrown into a world of magic and danger he had never before thought possible. What choices will Nott find himself faced with, and how will he respond, in this, Europe's Darkest Hour?

(Directed by Joss Whedon)

"First be good, then be great."

Last edited by joebthegreat; June 15th, 2012 at 8:29 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand