Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand

The Next Dark Lord

Old August 24th, 2012, 6:48 am
First Year

Re: The Next Dark Lord

ig you have a point, i mean he could. But he's raised by both gryffindor's and he desperatly dosent wanna go into slytherin. It would be coool to see that though xD

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2012, 7:08 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfasdf17 View Post
That is a possibility but I think Rowling said in an interview that Scorpious was an 'improvement on Draco' or something like that. So he might not end up being a Dark Lord.
And I really don't think he would either. I think if there were to be another, it would be someone we've never seen before, a few generations away.

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old September 14th, 2012, 3:17 am
First Year

I think it would be a nice change to not see a dark lord for awhile. I would like to see there children just have a good time at Hogwarts and not have to worry about another dark lord. I was getting sick of the "dark times" era and i think she could write something just as magical without a dark lord. (if she writes) If she does decide to write about another Dark Lord coming into play, I would be fine with it as long as she left a few of the 1st books of the series without this new Dark lord.

Old September 14th, 2012, 10:10 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp3365 View Post
I think it would be a nice change to not see a dark lord for awhile. I would like to see there children just have a good time at Hogwarts and not have to worry about another dark lord. I was getting sick of the "dark times" era and i think she could write something just as magical without a dark lord. (if she writes) If she does decide to write about another Dark Lord coming into play, I would be fine with it as long as she left a few of the 1st books of the series without this new Dark lord.
There's no story without some type of obstacle, otherwise it would just be some sick **** smeared fan-fiction-like series (Twilight ring a bell?). If JK had continued with HP and made it into a Rose/Scorpio love novel, I'd have to completely remove HP from my life and kill someone.

I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?
Old September 14th, 2012, 3:07 pm
Sixth Year

There can be obstacles, just not another Dark Lord.

Heck, what about a group of Muggleborn extremists who want to take out the Ministry entirely and end the Statute of Secrecy?

Old September 14th, 2012, 11:49 pm
Second Year

The problem with that plot device is that very few muggles know about the Wizarding world and the ones who did know could just be deterred with a simple memory charm.
The only thing I can think of is a neo-deatheater scheme, kind of like the neo-Nazi and skinhead groups of present day.

Old September 15th, 2012, 12:54 am
Sixth Year

Why not the opposite end of the spectrum? Renegade Muggleborns? We had 7 books of Pureblood Lunatics.

As in, Muggleborns who plan to do something so outrageous it would expose Wizards to normal humans on such a scale that memory charms couldn't undo the damage.

Old September 15th, 2012, 1:40 am
Second Year

Most of these muggle-born extremists you speak of would probably be deemed wackaloos by Muggle society. In context (but semi non-related), it would most likely be put in the bucket of one of those crazy conspiracy theories of modern day. Like the real-life theory that a race of lizard-like aliens rule the world and need human blood to retain their human form (I'm completely serious, this is an actual conspiracy theory). Also, you'd need some cooperation from wizards to blow the doors wide open on their world.

I just think it would be pretty difficult for muggle society to accept that an invisible wizarding world has always existed right under their noses when even less crazy conspiracy theories aren't accepted by them (for example, that holographic missiles took down the twin towers in New York City).

Last edited by SeverusSnapeHBP; September 15th, 2012 at 1:43 am.
Old September 15th, 2012, 1:42 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeverusSnapeHBP View Post
Most of these muggle-born extremists you speak of would probably be deemed wackaloos by Muggle society.
Until they proved it...by revealing the Wizarding World.

Quote:
I just think it would be pretty difficult for muggle society to accept that an invisible wizarding world has always existed right under their noses
Not if they were bombarded by proof.

Of course, part of what would make these guys extremists would be them not thinking through what this unveiling would do to both societies.

Old September 15th, 2012, 1:55 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSonic View Post
Until they proved it...by revealing the Wizarding World.

Not if they were bombarded by proof.

Of course, part of what would make these guys extremists would be them not thinking through what this unveiling would do to both societies.
No one believes anything anymore, and where people do believe, there's always people that don't. And unless the government (or religion) is willing to expose it, no one's going to believe it.
And like I said, you need some cooperation from wizards and witches to get the proof you need, otherwise it's simply a conspiracy theory like the non-cooperative bigfoot, aliens, God (sorry, I'm an Atheist and not afraid to say so), Loch Ness Monster, and chupacabrés.

Either way, we're getting off topic. Who would be the next Dark Lord?

Old September 15th, 2012, 2:21 am
Hogwarts Graduate

what would they call a female dark wizard, Dark lady?

Old September 15th, 2012, 3:16 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
Hmmm, good question... Perhaps Shady Lady.

More like Dark Mistress or... Maleficent.

Old September 16th, 2012, 6:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeverusSnapeHBP View Post
There's no story without some type of obstacle, otherwise it would just be some sick **** smeared fan-fiction-like series (Twilight ring a bell?). If JK had continued with HP and made it into a Rose/Scorpio love novel, I'd have to completely remove HP from my life and kill someone.
Ig you have a point. I'd probably completely remove myself from HP as well if it was like some sorta love novel xD thankfully though I don't think jkr would ever do this. Anyway, I think there can be a plot without some sort of dark lord. There's TONS of other things to write about. Like I said, I was getting sick of all the dark stuff, which i know there has to be some sort of evil for it to be interesting but i feel like another dark lord would make everything boring and redone. There's tons of other things that she could write about that could be an intresting little twist.

Old October 7th, 2012, 1:34 am
First Year

What if a muggle and wizard war breaks out? Instead of there being only one dark lord, the muggle kind turns into the dark lord entity? It could happen~ Especially with the growing amount of muggle technology, the world is turning into a smaller place. Wizards will find it harder to hide. So only one dark being is no longer the only possibility. This could turn into WW3 in the wizarding world.

If I was a Time Lord, I know that I would go to the world's biggest library and just read.
I want to be remembered as the girl who was there when she was needed, and the one who was the nicest of all.
Old October 7th, 2012, 11:31 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSonic View Post
Why not the opposite end of the spectrum? Renegade Muggleborns? We had 7 books of Pureblood Lunatics.

As in, Muggleborns who plan to do something so outrageous it would expose Wizards to normal humans on such a scale that memory charms couldn't undo the damage.

Hmm, I think that a Muggleborn would need a pretty strong reason to do something like that. And it seems like the wizarding world was going to be reformed at the end of the series, so that thugs could no longer mistreat Muggleborns. It would take the wizarding world forgetting everything that happened in the war, and letting it go back to the days when a few evil pureblood supremacist fanatics held sway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
Just a dark witch, I imagine. Bellatrix and Carrow were both Dark witches, IMO. If she was the leader of her criminal organisation, she could call herself whatever she wanted, just as Voldemort did. Maybe she wouldn't make it quite so obvious that she was bad news - "Dark Lord" makes that quite plain. Maybe another dark wizard leading a criminal group would call themselves something that sounds heroic, and sounds like they're trying to do a good thing. It would bring them more support and make their intentions less obvious to decent people. Or, maybe they would consider a made-up title of any sort to be a bad idea, having connotations of the Dark Lord.

And the male DEs were all Dark wizards, IMO. Not every dark wizard is going to be a dark lord or call themselves a dark lord. That was a title Voldemort chose for himself, not a traditional title for a villain trying to take over. Others might be more subtle in their criminal careers. I don't think Grindelwald is ever referred to as a Dark Lord. Nor any of the other Dark wizards who claimed to own the Elder wand - they're mentioned in Dumbledore's notes for Beedle the Bard.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.

Last edited by FurryDice; October 7th, 2012 at 11:34 am.
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:19 am
First Year

Just where did all those missing dememtors go? I have a sneaking suspicion that they are laying low for a few yrs then will rise up to become the next "terror" to the WW when they get their numbers up. Depression running rampant in the muggle world, not enough aurors to produce enough patronoses to keep them at bay.

Dementor's are the next "Dark Lords". (dun dun dun)

Old October 17th, 2012, 2:08 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp3365 View Post
I would be fine with it as long as she left a few of the 1st books of the series without this new Dark lord.
Wouldn't it be crucial for a build-up though?

DO NOT DISTURB: SPIDERMAN DANCE IN PROGRESS!
Old October 17th, 2012, 4:03 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueRavenclaw View Post
What if a muggle and wizard war breaks out? Instead of there being only one dark lord, the muggle kind turns into the dark lord entity? It could happen~ Especially with the growing amount of muggle technology, the world is turning into a smaller place. Wizards will find it harder to hide. So only one dark being is no longer the only possibility. This could turn into WW3 in the wizarding world.
I definitely think a muggle v wizard war/conflict would be very interesting to read about. I agree that as muggles continue to proliferate and their technology advances, maintaining the international statute of secrecy would become increasingly difficult. I mean all it would take is one person with a cell phone getting some footage of magic and throwing it up on youtube and BOOM millions of people know instantly. Sooner or later, someone would make a mistake and not be careful enough.

It would go back to the blood conflict, only this time the gulf would actually mean something. It doesn't matter if the two sides don't mean the other any harm. Muggles would be jealous, feel inferior, grow scared. They might see wizards as a way to solve world hunger or aids or cancer. They could grow violent in order to get wizards to meet their demands.

And while the wizards obviously have the magical advantage and could probably always win one-on-one, muggles greatly outnumber wizards and i don't know how effective a shield charm would be against a firing squad of uzis.

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:07 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderHooligan View Post
I definitely think a muggle v wizard war/conflict would be very interesting to read about. I agree that as muggles continue to proliferate and their technology advances, maintaining the international statute of secrecy would become increasingly difficult. I mean all it would take is one person with a cell phone getting some footage of magic and throwing it up on youtube and BOOM millions of people know instantly. Sooner or later, someone would make a mistake and not be careful enough.

It would go back to the blood conflict, only this time the gulf would actually mean something. It doesn't matter if the two sides don't mean the other any harm. Muggles would be jealous, feel inferior, grow scared. They might see wizards as a way to solve world hunger or aids or cancer. They could grow violent in order to get wizards to meet their demands.

And while the wizards obviously have the magical advantage and could probably always win one-on-one, muggles greatly outnumber wizards and i don't know how effective a shield charm would be against a firing squad of uzis.
A muggle-wizard war sounds pretty possible but I hope it never happens b/c the muggles would probably have a pretty good chance of winning with the tech and more number of peoples. It would suck if the wizards died out b/c of that.
As for a Muggle Dark Lord to lead the war could be interesting. But I think a Muggle-Born witch/wizard would be just as interesting; someone who has contact w/both worlds but prefers the Muggle one (like Voldy who was half-blood but supported purebloods).

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Sixth Year

There was a plot in a comic series called "Magic Wars" with a Muggle/Wizard thing.

Basically a really powerful Warlock activated the "Magical Potential" that existed in all normal people so several Muggles suddenly developed magical powers at the same time all over the world which threw things out of whack slightly.

The worse part was when the guy figured that since Magic somehow disabled technology, he generated a strong enough "Magic Field" that all tech all over the world started going on an off.

Perhaps a last-ditch Doomsday weapon in HP would be something similar, something that would go into the atmosphere and try to activate the Magic genes in all available Muggles who had Squib blood in them (assuming something like that didn't outright kill them).

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand