Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:52 am
Inconceivable!

Re: Survivor Cagayan " Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

I was very happy to see Spencer win immunity, again. I bet Tony is wishing he had taken Spencer out when he had a chance, and he had quite a few chances, too. Now we just have to wait to see who makes it to the final. There is really no doubt that it will be Spencer or Tony who will win the money. The only way the final tribal will be suspenseful is if both Tony and Spencer are sitting up there. Otherwise, the winner will be obvious. I wonder what they are going to do for two hours?

There hasn't been a family visit this season, yet. I wonder if they decided not to do it this time. Hopefully, they'll explain it at the after-show.

Tony wants to use his special immunity idol to try to fool his tribe mates into thinking that it will give him immunity for the next vote. It is a brilliant idea but I'm hoping that it doesn't work. I'd love to see them blindside Tony. He would get a taste of his own medicine.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
Tony wants to use his special immunity idol to try to fool his tribe mates into thinking that it will give him immunity for the next vote. It is a brilliant idea but I'm hoping that it doesn't work. I'd love to see them blindside Tony. He would get a taste of his own medicine.
From the previews it looks like Woo is finally trying to play the game. I feel that blindsiding Tony is the only thing that will give Woo & Kass a slim chance at winning. But if they are up against Spencer ,then I feel they have little chance of winning at all.

A Tony V Spencer final would be very interesting to watch, whoever is # 3 will have no chance at all.
It all comes down to who wins the last immunity .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old May 19th, 2014, 3:10 pm
Third Year

From what the previews were showing yesterday in the Amazing Race, there will be three tribals. The first drops us down to 3. The second down to 2. So it's looking like a final tribal of 2.

The only way that either Kass or Woo have in winning is if they are sitting side by side in the final 2. I don't see that happening.

Tony & a combination of Kass/Woo - Tony wins hands down.

Spencer & a combination of Kass/Woo - Spencer wins hands down.

The most interesting matchup would be Tony & Spencer. Then I think the votes may end up being pretty split.

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old May 19th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Inconceivable!

I saw that preview, too. There had been rumors for a long time that there would only be two at the final tribal, and I think the preview confirms it. I was thinking that it might be a good strategic move for Spencer to convince Woo that they need to vote out Kass. Otherwise Tony will be taking her to the final and they would be out of the game.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old May 20th, 2014, 1:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Yeah i think the winner of the game will most likely come down to the vote from 4 down to three. but it could go til the very last vote. a final two would be a good change of pace

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old May 22nd, 2014, 1:17 pm
Third Year

What an amazing finale! I missed the first 45 minutes, but home in time for the first tribal.

Old May 22nd, 2014, 2:55 pm
Rocket Scientist

oh man... so not how i wanted things to go, but i do think as much as I didnt like him the right person won.

I hope we see spencer again. I really liked him as a player. And oddly I'd love to see him play with malcolm (if he would come back for a third time) I think that would be a really interesting dynamic.

In the fall blood vs water again... not sure how i feel about that. I wonder if they are going to do what they did before with one returning player and a loved one or if they will go for a whole new cast. It should be really interesting. I didnt find the first blood vs water all that intriguing but maybe version 2.0 will be better.

Old May 22nd, 2014, 3:07 pm
Third Year

I agree. I think the right person won. I LOVED how Spencer pleaded Tony's case for the jury. Did it show anywhere who voted for Tony and who voted for Woo?

When Woo brought Tony with him, I said out loud, "Woo that move just cost you the million."

Next season...Blood vs Water 2.0. Not too sure about that. I didn't really like that season.

I'd LOVE to see Spencer come back. He was the underdog the entire game but extremely popular. Having him pair up with Malcolm would be fun.

Old May 22nd, 2014, 9:11 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

The second time this week that my favorite contestant comes in fourth. Four is my lucky number, but come on (no, I don't have two more reality show finales to watch this week so no chance of going 4 for 4).

Both of my parents actually believed if Kass was in the final two that she had a chance. I laughed at them.

How many people picked Spencer as their favorite back when he was on the Brain tribe going up against J'Tia to get Kass and Tasha's votes? As Jeff Probst said, Spencer became the fan favorite, but I just want to say I liked him all the way back then. I didn't jump on the underdog band wagon. Did they not do this last season either with the fan favorite vote? Cutting back, are they?

Tony deserved to win. It's everything Spencer said to the jury. I don't like Tony, I don't think most people do, but he played the best game.

A game with Malcolm and Spencer would be awesome. I think they're similar players so it would be interesting to see who came out on top (plus, they were my favorites in their seasons).

They say Blood v. Water was a popular season, but I wasn't too fond of it. This season's going to be all new players, right? I think that might make it more interesting.

Baseballblondie, I said the exact same thing. My dad disagreed, but as he saw in the end, you and I were right. I wanted Woo to tell the jury about honor and integrity but he never said that until the reunion. That is the biggest point Tony brought up to Woo to get him on his side. I don't know if he would have gotten more votes for that, though. He wouldn't have lost votes, I don't believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballblondie View Post
I agree. I think the right person won. I LOVED how Spencer pleaded Tony's case for the jury. Did it show anywhere who voted for Tony and who voted for Woo?
I love that, too! And we know Spencer with his perfectly straight handwriting voted for Tony.

Usually when the guy I don't like wins I'm mad, but this thread helped me see things clearly. Tony played a really good game. He was annoying. He did blindside people. But, all in all, he's no Russel Hantz, and because of that I could take him winning.

Tony's wife should be suspicious of Tony trying to keep up with his female friends from the game. Trish said he stalks her, so they talk a lot obviously. But, the other girl, nope, Tony's was a dunghole to her and they're no longer friends. I think that's the first time at the reunion that friends who got blindside didn't make up. They made up, but then Tony showed his true colors and they unmade up.

P.S. Tyler Perry needs to buy a bigger coat.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.

Last edited by leah49; May 22nd, 2014 at 9:16 pm.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 2:05 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
I "think" it was sarah. She was the only one who adamantly said she wasn't voting for tony.
Quote:
When Woo brought Tony with him, I said out loud, "Woo that move just cost you the million."
yep woo shot himself in the foot there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post

How many people picked Spencer as their favorite back when he was on the Brain tribe going up against J'Tia to get Kass and Tasha's votes? As Jeff Probst said, Spencer became the fan favorite, but I just want to say I liked him all the way back then. I didn't jump on the underdog band wagon. Did they not do this last season either with the fan favorite vote? Cutting back, are they?
I've loved spencer from almost the beginning when he was the only voice of reason on the brains tribe. That said as the weeks went on he only grew on me more and more.

Quote:
Tony deserved to win. It's everything Spencer said to the jury. I don't like Tony, I don't think most people do, but he played the best game.
EXACTLY!

Quote:
P.S. Tyler Perry needs to buy a bigger coat.
Tyler Perry needs to leave survivor alone... no more ridiculous overpowered idols!

Old May 25th, 2014, 5:57 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
I think very few fans liked Tony but he was the best player of this season.

Quote:
Well Spencer did say during the show, that if he was in the jury he would vote for Tony, if he made it to the end .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television