Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Gilmore Girls v.2

Old May 2nd, 2007, 6:14 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Gilmore Girls v.2

Where are you hearing this? Frankly, I hope the ratings on a shortened season are good enough to prompt a full order. If they got the Palladinos back and committed to wrapping this thing up the right way, I think the final year could be spectacular.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2007, 9:50 pm
Third Year

I have missed the last two episodes and appreciate your discussion to fill me in. However, I was wondering if there is a place on line that you can watch the past episodes as there are for other shows? If anyone knows of a site please post it.

I agree Rory needs to do something strong. She is young and needs to get out in the world and find her own way. She really needs to be away from Logan, even if for a year or so to find her own way. How about a teacher at Chilton?

Proud member of Ravenclaw
Old May 2nd, 2007, 9:56 pm
Curse Breaker

Well, that might be an idea--but none of her coursework has been in education. Even a long-term sub job would be a stretch. See, the problem I have is that Rory has her first huge obstacle--no reporting job (which I've stated before is ridiculous) and Logan's swooping in with a marriage proposal that would entail moving to the other side of the country where she has no job, no friends, no connections. I found his comment about not thinking about a job in a couple days rather off-putting although I know he didn't mean it to sound superior. He's setting her up to go the Emily route--she can do that, she might even find it comforting after her first HUGE and possibily legitimate disappointment, but she's meant for more than that. It would be the ultimate tragedy if she ended up like Emily, even Richard thinks so. In her heart of hearts I believe Emily agrees with him.

There's another problem--Rory cares for Logan but she doesn't have a lifetime kind of love (the sort of love that Sookie & Jackson, Paris and Doyle, and Lorelai and Luke have). As I've stated before, it's more like they're setting Rory up with her very own Max Medina--the difference is both subtle and vast. And the idea that they could end the series with that kind of marriage is indescribably sad and awful.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:05 pm
Third Year

I agree about Rory and Logan. I kind of like her re-discovering things with Jess now that he is growing up and becoming responsible. But it should be a ways off.

I do think Rory should get a reporting job. She could pick up education courses along the way. She should have some reporting experience before she taught anyway. I just think that would be a great long term fit for her. She would love to form young minds and be good at it. I know this would all take about 5 more seasons at least.

Perhaps Rory could have her own spin off and we would just hear about what is going on in Stars Hollows from a distance.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:12 pm
Zonko's Employee

I took the whole thing another way.
Lorelai and Luke: Luke is wearing Lorelai's hat again. Remember how happy Luke was? And how he was telling Zach that things might not be so bad around here for the summer? I think that Lorelai telling Luke that she'll always love him was an opening to them getting back together. This may be a wild hope, but I was thinking how great it would be if Lorelai went on the trip with Luke, since he booked all the things that she wants to do!
Logan would never want Rory to settle. Ever. He wasn't happy when she dropped out of school. He wasn't happy when she was with the DAR. He knew she was more than that. I think that moving to the opposite coast would be good for her because she hasn't even looked into job opportunities there, and there's a whole new world waiting. I think it would be fantastic, because Logan's new character development has left me liking him and finding a lot of newfound maturity in there. Unfortunately, I don't think she's going to say yes.
Oh, and as for links to all things Gilmore Girls, including both episode recaps and spoilers: Just google Gilmore Girls. There are several good ones that come out on top.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:19 pm
Third Year

Thanks, Pegasus. Perhaps Rory and Logan could get married and move to the west coast to be away from their families and grow together. That could be a new series...

I do think Logan is changing, I am just not sure he will ever have enough good character to be worthy of Rory. Then again, I am not sure who would.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:04 pm
Curse Breaker

Okay--Pegasus, I have similar hopes regarding the song, and it was actually a much better rendition than I expected, but I can't help remembering that it's a song of farewell, of loss, of a love that never worked.

As for Logan and Rory--I agree that Logan would never want her to settle, that his better angels give him great potential, but I don't know if he can help it here. He has no positive role model for relationships--except maybe Honor and he doesn't talk to her about relationships. I'd say that the show went out of its way to taint the proposal in spite of Logan's intentions. If Rory felt about Logan the way that her mother feels about Luke or the way Sookie feels about Jackson or the way that Paris feels about Doyle (man, it was weird to see how much that attachment has grown) I'd have hope for the future even without the prospect of an immediate job, but the fact that Rory DOESN'T feel that way is setting all kinds of alarm bells off in my head.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:17 pm
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
As for Logan and Rory--I agree that Logan would never want her to settle, that his better angels give him great potential, but I don't know if he can help it here. He has no positive role model for relationships--except maybe Honor and he doesn't talk to her about relationships. I'd say that the show went out of its way to taint the proposal in spite of Logan's intentions. If Rory felt about Logan the way that her mother feels about Luke or the way Sookie feels about Jackson or the way that Paris feels about Doyle (man, it was weird to see how much that attachment has grown) I'd have hope for the future even without the prospect of an immediate job, but the fact that Rory DOESN'T feel that way is setting all kinds of alarm bells off in my head.
And that's exactly what I do not get. The writers are trying very hard to set up something that is not credible. It's Logan we're talking about. Rory fell for him years ago. She broke down because she thought that he didn't love her. She moved in with him. Their relationship was meant to mean something and he changed for her. Rory believed that he is THE ONE when they were on their Valentines weekend. This last minute attempt to turn Logan into someone Rory does not love wholeheartedly is lame and unconvincing.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 6:14 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookshanks1177 View Post
I've heard rumors of there being an 8th season, but it only being 13 episodes vs. the normal 22 episodes. I think that would be a good idea. I think that would offer enough time to bring closure to us fans. I'm hoping that this rumor I hear is correct.
Unless The Globe is untrustworthy ( ), it's over.

Or, unless something major happens like a spike in ratings.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:58 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Okay--Pegasus, I have similar hopes regarding the song, and it was actually a much better rendition than I expected, but I can't help remembering that it's a song of farewell, of loss, of a love that never worked.
I'm with you there. It was kind of weird to have "I will always love you" be the song because of that. The song didn't exactly fit, but just enough to give Luke the message. However, due to my Google searches...(THIS IS NOT A RECAP, BUT AN ACTUAL SPOILER)
Spoiler: show
There's a rather lengthy kiss between Luke and Lorelai coming up on the season finale. I can't think that that song was more of a "goodbye" than a "hello", which is why I hunted down the spoilers in the first place.
Also, there's something about Rory handing Logan a box, which is why I think she's going to turn him down.

Old May 4th, 2007, 1:14 am
Curse Breaker

Frankly, I've never been much of a Logan fan, so I think that what the writers are setting up--if they're setting up a rejection is VERY credible. Rory was infatuated with Logan and she does care about him, but just like with Dean in the second go-round, there's no depth to that emotion (which is thankful because it might just mean she doesn't have frostbite on her taste in men). I know Logan is different from his father and he's done a lot to grow but he doesn't see that what he's providing for is an Emily-spouse. He's going to build a business and leave her alone all day with no friends and no job. That's just scary--he's setting her up as West Coast DAR powerbroker and I agree with Richard that Rory should do more than that.

I'm also very glad that Luke doesn't have Whitney Houston in his memory banks so he's treating that song as a welcome hello instead of a tearful goodbye.

Old May 4th, 2007, 6:24 pm
Gwen's Auntie

i just read that gilmore girls is officially over after this season. a few episodes back i would've been ok with it but the last few have been good!! does anyone know if its true?
i think rory should say heck no when logan asks her to marry him! i think she needs to be on her own and be happy being single for a while. has she ever been single for more than a few episodes in a row?? i can't remember.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old May 4th, 2007, 6:32 pm
Curse Breaker

She was single for her entire first year at Yale, remember? She didn't meet Logan until the first day of sophomore year. So, she was single pretty much from the time Jess split for California to the season finale where Luke and Lorelai first kissed...FINALLY!

Old May 4th, 2007, 8:55 pm
Zonko's Employee

Yeah, Rory's been on her own (as jordmundt said), and frankly, I thought that was the most boring season ever. I think these two have been through a lot and had a lot of growing pains, and they have shown they could make it work. I just wish I had more confidence in it happening. (Meaning Rory and Logan.)

Old May 5th, 2007, 2:11 am
Third Year

It is official--this is the last season. I think that is so sad. That said I don't think they will have Rory marry Logan. I think they will end with her getting a great job. It also doesn't leave time to build a real end/beginning to Luke and Lorilai. There are probably just two episodes left and that doesn't leave much time to build anything.

The critic that did the review said we will all be satisfied with the end. I don't know how that can be. I do think it will end with the 3 Gilmore Girls together.

Old May 5th, 2007, 2:30 am
Rex's Mummy

I'm a season behind, since I didn't start watching re-reuns until season 4, but I love spoilers, so I'm pretty caught up. And as for the final episode, I was watching the extras on the season 1 DVD and Keiko Agena said something about Amy knowing what the very last line of the entire series would be. Now, that may have changed since she left the show, but I still have some hope that the last line she had in mind will be used, because I think that would be very fitting, and a good way to end it, sad as I am about it bveing over.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old May 5th, 2007, 2:41 am
First Year

I have no idea if it's true, but I heard that the last scene would be of Rory and Lorelai in the diner, just like the last scene in the first episode/credits.

It's sad that it's coming to an end, but even more sad that it'll end so weirdly. I can't see how they'll have an ending with Luke and Lorelai that'll do justice to them. Oh well.

Old May 5th, 2007, 2:47 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I really tried watching this show, but it just didn't catch my interest. I seen about six episodes.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old May 5th, 2007, 9:29 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Quote:
Yeah, Rory's been on her own (as jordmundt said), and frankly, I thought that was the most boring season ever
Quote:
I really tried watching this show, but it just didn't catch my interest. I seen about six episodes.
were those six part of the season where rory was single, by any chance? that might explain it.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old May 5th, 2007, 10:05 pm
Second Year

Love the show, just started watching. I've been watching it on ABC Family, though, and the airing times are hard to catch. Does it air on any other channels?

<3

Last edited by chocolatefrog99; May 6th, 2007 at 3:54 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television