Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Gilmore Girls v.2

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:56 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Gilmore Girls v.2

New episodes--or rather new episode--airs on CW. Unfortunately, there's no syndication past ABC Family--I'd recommend investing in the DVDs--it really is a quality and an interesting show.

That finale had better be satisfying!!

No worries. No spoilers here.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2007, 1:42 am
Zonko's Employee

It's this week and next week, right? The final two episodes? No more months of reruns or intruding shows in between?
*Goes off to google*
Edit: Okay, I had to see it for myself...and there it is.

Last edited by Pegasus; May 8th, 2007 at 1:47 am.
Old May 8th, 2007, 9:53 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
New episodes--or rather new episode--airs on CW. Unfortunately, there's no syndication past ABC Family--I'd recommend investing in the DVDs--it really is a quality and an interesting show.

That finale had better be satisfying!!
Thanks!

The show's going to be cancelled!? I've hardly started watching... Oh well. I guess there are plenty of episodes to see anyways..

<3
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:12 pm
Curse Breaker

Not going to be--has been. The final two episodes are tonight and next week.*groan* How in the world is CW going to survive without any quality programming?

Old May 8th, 2007, 10:34 pm
Zonko's Employee

Okay, so I need to change the wording in my signature. I was really upset yesterday and that's the best I could come up with at the moment. Not exactly clever, I know...
What am I going to do without any quality programming?!!

Old May 8th, 2007, 10:38 pm
Curse Breaker

Excellent picture of Alexis in character, though. Oh well, I just hope she doesn't accept this stupid Henry Crawford...er, Logan Huntzberger marriage proposal this week.

Old May 8th, 2007, 10:51 pm
MODLY CREW

I cannot understand why you are so dead against him. I think they are cute together. The last episode I saw was where he accompanied her to Stars Hollow and the who factors whom in scene was adorable. He changed so much and did a lot of growing up. I would hate to see them break up.

Old May 8th, 2007, 11:52 pm
Curse Breaker

He's not evil, or stupid, or vicious (like Tristan) but he's way WAY too much like Christopher. He's offering her an Emily Gilmore corporate wife marriage and doesn't even seem to realize it (she has to turn it down for both their sakes). Or, he has to make room for her taking a political journalist's position--I think he could do that and he might be willing, but we'll have to see. It's strange--the only person to even remotely break the Huntzberger mold so far has been Honor. If Logan puts his mind to it, he can follow her example, but I just don't see that happening. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, of course--but I just don't see that happening.

Last edited by jordmundt6; May 24th, 2007 at 9:51 pm.
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:58 pm
Zonko's Employee

I don't see any Christopher in Logan, apart from the fact that they don't get along with their fathers and they were both born into privilege. Christopher never intended to go to college. It took him years to grow up, and then he wasn't emotionally grown up enough to be there when Lorelai needed him most (and, as she said, the sad thing is that she wasn't even surprised).
Logan, on the other hand, has been there for Rory, without fail, ever since he won her back the last time.
I disagree that she's not really in love with him because of her last scene with Jess, when she tried to get back at him and couldn't do it. If she wasn't really in love with him she never could have forgiven him for that time period.

Old May 8th, 2007, 11:58 pm
MODLY CREW

Quote:
He's not evil, or stupid, or vicious (like Tristan) but he's way WAY too much like Christopher. He's offering her an Emily Gilmore corporate wife marriage and doesn't even seem to realize it (she has to turn it down for both their sakes). Or, he has to make room for her taking a political journalist's position--I think he could do that and he might be willing, but we'll have to see. It's starnge--the only person to even remotely break the Huntzberger mold so far has been Honor. If Logan puts his mind to it, he can follow her example, but I just don't see that happening. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, of course--but I just don't see that happening.
What did Honor do? She lives off the Huntzberger money and nobody really cares whom she dates or marries. She has common sense and contrary to her parents, she has a heart. However, Logan is much more rebellious. He left the family empire! He chose Rory over his parents without a moment's hesitation.

Old May 9th, 2007, 12:00 am
Zonko's Employee

Not only did he leave the family empire, he has plans to be a self-made man, not just roam the country on the back of a motorcycle (like Chris did--and without any college behind him).

Old May 9th, 2007, 12:30 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
I don't see any Christopher in Logan, apart from the fact that they don't get along with their fathers and they were both born into privilege. Christopher never intended to go to college. It took him years to grow up, and then he wasn't emotionally grown up enough to be there when Lorelai needed him most (and, as she said, the sad thing is that she wasn't even surprised).
Logan, on the other hand, has been there for Rory, without fail, ever since he won her back the last time.
I disagree that she's not really in love with him because of her last scene with Jess, when she tried to get back at him and couldn't do it. If she wasn't really in love with him she never could have forgiven him for that time period.
I agree Logan has been there. That was shown in the hospital when Mr. Gilmore had the heart attack. Who was there for Rory? Logan... Who was there for Lorelai. Not her husband... Luke was there. I think that is what the show was trying to establish by having Logan there. I think that the writers were trying to show us that Logan is indeed there for Rory when she needs him.

I'm not saying I dislike Chris. I actually do like Chris. I think Chris indeed loved Lorelai. And if he wasn't so hurt he would have probably been able to bring himself to provide support for Lorelai. But as we know, Chris is not the one Lorelai loves.

Old May 9th, 2007, 4:08 am
Zonko's Employee

Okay, so I know this is why I sometimes go looking for spoilers, but it's still hard to watch.
Spoiler: show
Logan pulled a Lorelai. I did not see that coming.

Old May 9th, 2007, 7:00 am
First Year

the thing I can't get over is how suddenly they decided to end it. or at least to tell us(but given what is happening in the recent episodes it seems like they are desperately trying to piece together a season to make a sudden ending). they say it will give the series justice, but again, they are forcing things to happen to make a certain ending and that's gunna give it the very minimim of justice if any.

sorry, you guys were in the middle of a discussion on today's episode, but I just wanted to get that out

It's over now, but I like the banner so I'm gunna keep it for a while longer
Old May 9th, 2007, 6:02 pm
Zonko's Employee

Yep. They did the same thing with Everwood. Only Everwood was a satisfying ending, if rushed (which it was). If they're going to slowly mold Logan into the kind of guy Logan could be with the rest of her life, this was a really mean trick to pull.

Old May 9th, 2007, 6:22 pm
Curse Breaker

Here's the thing--Logan showed his best and worst last episode. He didn't pull a Lorelai, he pulled a Christopher--which is too bad, because he has shown moments--the moments where I liked him the best--where he's been much more than a Christopher. As for Christopher--I don't see him as evil or conniving, but he's the bad boy who never felt he had to grow up and the world finally conspired to make certain that he never grew up by giving him such an obscene amount of money that even he could never spend it all.

Rory wasn't ready and neither is Logan. He thought he was, but he's not to the point where he can't see himself living without her--in fact, he's willing to cut her out of his life completely if she doesn't conform to his schedule. That's his worst side coming through and I understand him being hurt, but frankly if he isn't willing to wait--a little--for her to be ready, then it wasn't right for either of them. His vision of their life together was appealing. She was an independent partner in the marriage he was thinking of, and that was his best shining through--that's the enlightened rebel he can be, and, just like many here, I really felt that THAT guy would be good for Rory, that he might deserve her. The problem is that Logan isn't THAT guy all the time, or even most of the time. What it boils down to at the moment is that Logan's asking her to jump the way Lorelai did for Christopher and--maybe it works and maybe it doesn't--I'm leaning toward it not working. Why? Rory loves Logan and he loves her, but at least on her part--and, I claim on his--it isn't that lifetime kind of love. It isn't Lorelai and Luke or Sookie and Jackson or--and you have to know it pains me to say this--Paris and Doyle. Rory struggled with the "factoring in" even when she and Logan promised each other they would do that. Paris couldn't help factoring Doyle in, it was just a reflex--one she was so shocked to find and finally realize that she overreacted in spectacular Paris fashion. It was, in the final analysis, a Henry Crawford proposal, as I said earlier. That's really too bad--but again, there are those in the literary community who believe Crawford was twisted into doing something he would never have done to bring about the ending of Mansfield Park--I don't agree, just as I completely believe the entire exchange between Rory and Logan in this episode.

On the finale, at least what I saw of the preview--I'm mad that it looks like all we're getting is one kiss--rather like the season premiere in '05, but maybe the wrap-up will be good. They really needed another year--either for Rory to find new true love (preferable), or for Rory and Logan's mutual feelings to mature that last step, the magical step. And I really REALLY wanted to see Lorelai walking down the aisle with a ketchup dispenser in her hand, and then serving lobster at the reception.

Last edited by jordmundt6; November 29th, 2007 at 12:01 am.
Old May 9th, 2007, 9:39 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Quote:
And I really REALLY wanted to see Lorelai walking down the aisle with a ketchup dispenser in her hand and them serving lobster at the reception.
i don't get the ketchup dispenser part...did i miss that episode?

i thought logan was stupid last night and it just proves that he really isn't ready to be married if he's not willing to wait. the whole now or never thing didn't really make much sense, if he really loved her and really wanted to be married to her he'd be willing to wait until she was ready.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:15 am
Second Year

Already cancelled? That's depressing.. Guess we'll all just have to be content with two more episodes.

Like you said, jordmundt6, I don't see how CW will make it either.

<3
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:38 am
First Year

Quote:
And I really REALLY wanted to see Lorelai walking down the aisle with a ketchup dispenser in her hand and them serving lobster at the reception.
LOL. Ahaha, I remember that! mac_attack, it's from an episode in the second season where Lorelai was helping Luke out in the diner and Emily comes in and comments how at Lorelai's wedding she'll probably walk down the aisle with a ketchup dispenser in her hand (referring to Lorelai marrying Luke). Hee.

Old May 10th, 2007, 5:11 pm
Curse Breaker

Thanks PinguinLatino--that's one of my favorite Emily at the diner scenes and lines--though Luke's speed-dial scene was beautiful.

And about Logan...precisely. If they had another year, I think he could have grown enough to be willing to wait--or to be willing to be Hodgins from Bones, but sadly, there's no such option. Maybe when next seasons pilots all flame out and get cancelled they'll get the band together for a Gilmore Girls two-hour Luke and Lorelai wedding special. I know I'm being delusional, but I have to live in hope.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television