Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

What annoyed you most about GOF v3

Old September 10th, 2011, 7:03 pm
Second Year

Re: What annoyed you most about GOF v3

I really hate the line "I love Magic.", when Harry first walks into the tent. It just seems so wrong for that moment and cheesy.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:05 pm
First Year

The one thing that drives me insane from GoF is the Imperius Curse effect. Imperio does not give a spider the ability to fly through the air and jump onto people's faces. Nor would said spider be able to struggle visibly when floating over a bucket of water. It gave a lot of people the wrong impression about what the curse actually does.

Old September 14th, 2011, 10:22 pm
First Year

The thing that annoys me most about this film is that everyone is so angry and over dramatic. Dumbledore is always shouting, which is the worst thing, because it is not true to his character, and also many other characters have over dramatic delivery of lines (especially Hermione), and Harry's 'who wants me to open it?' is just awful :P I blame the director for this, and not the actors, since the over the top delivery seems to be a reccuring theme in this film, however it is not prevalent in the other Harry Potter films.

...but GRYFFINDOR on Pottermore
Wand: Vine and Unicorn core, 12 1/4 inches, hard

If you want to add me on Pottermore, just send me an Owl
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:25 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix903 View Post
The thing that annoys me most about this film is that everyone is so angry and over dramatic. Dumbledore is always shouting, which is the worst thing, because it is not true to his character, and also many other characters have over dramatic delivery of lines (especially Hermione), and Harry's 'who wants me to open it?' is just awful :P I blame the director for this, and not the actors, since the over the top delivery seems to be a reccuring theme in this film, however it is not prevalent in the other Harry Potter films.
Agree! And I'll add Prof. Snape headsmacking the boys with a book. I can't imagine book Snape doing that. He always attacked with words, not physically. Granted it was humorous, just out of character IMO.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old June 24th, 2013, 3:50 pm
First Year

When Harry returns with Cedric's body, I always found his crying a bit forced, and why were the students just watching with sad expressions? Someone is dead and Harry is saying Voldy is back, and they're just watching? In the book everyone is hysterical, and that makes more sense. I guess having everyone watching sadly makes for a more emotional movie scene.

I didn't like the maze either, it didn't make people go psycho.

Also, I wish they didn't cut out the Weasleys? Their importance to Harry and Percy's worship of Crouch really comes into play.

I never really feel Dumbledore's speech at the end, it seems to aggressive. It's weird, I like Gambon as an actor in other roles, but he never really seemed right as DUmbledore at least early in the role.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 11:06 pm
Second Year

I enjoy watching GoF, but wish they would've saved the fake Moody/Barty Crouch Jr tongue flick for when he locks his office door behind Harry.

Old August 6th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppertop1 View Post

Also, I wish they didn't cut out the Weasleys? Their importance to Harry and Percy's worship of Crouch really comes into play.
Cutting of the Weasleys is a major peeve of mine with the movies in general.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:21 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppertop1 View Post
When Harry returns with Cedric's body, I always found his crying a bit forced, and why were the students just watching with sad expressions? Someone is dead and Harry is saying Voldy is back, and they're just watching? In the book everyone is hysterical, and that makes more sense. I guess having everyone watching sadly makes for a more emotional movie scene.

I didn't like the maze either, it didn't make people go psycho.

I never really feel Dumbledore's speech at the end, it seems to aggressive. It's weird, I like Gambon as an actor in other roles, but he never really seemed right as DUmbledore at least early in the role.
(My emphasis)
It's no wonder! He admitted never reading the books, so he had no idea who the 'real' Dumbledore was.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies