Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Castle

Old September 29th, 2009, 1:48 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Castle

The Mentalist is about this bright guy who makes a habit of observing people and has used his knowledge of people and details to con folks into thinking he's psychic. He helped police track a serial killer named Red John and Red John got aggravated. He killed The Mentalist's wife and daughter (the character's name is Patrick Jane). On Monk, Adrian Monk is an obsesive compulsive with a photographic memory who used his talent for observation to become a great police detective in San Francisco until his wife, Trudy, was blown up in a car bomb. Her death unhinged him and he retreated into a dizzying array of debilitating phobias. In the season finale of The Mentalist last year, Jane and his colleagues got their first huge break in the Red John case. Every year, Monk starts and ends with a snippet or two on Trudy's murder--another clue or lead or angle. With Monk ending, maybe they'll write it so that he can put all the pieces together and solve the murder, catching the mastermind behind it and learning the reason for it.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2009, 2:05 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
In the season finale of The Mentalist last year, Jane and his colleagues got their first huge break in the Red John case. Every year, Monk starts and ends with a snippet or two on Trudy's murder--another clue or lead or angle. With Monk ending, maybe they'll write it so that he can put all the pieces together and solve the murder, catching the mastermind behind it and learning the reason for it.
Thanks for the info. So I think you're saying that you hope Castle doesn't drag out the mystery of Beckett's mom's murder like these shows do? That when it does come up again, they'll eventually solve it? If so, I agree. Kind of like on Bones, how Brennan was able to solve her mom's murder.

Old September 30th, 2009, 12:25 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

I'm getting a kick out of Castle so far. It's impressed me with the good writing, good acting and the overall feel of the show in general.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 30th, 2009, 5:14 pm
Curse Breaker

Yeah, the writing is pretty snappy. It feels like it encapsulates what fans of Moonlighting always THOUGHT that show did. And I agree with the Sydney Bristow change. That was pretty funny. It was even shot the same way. That is worth a laugh. I wasn't thrilled with how simple the "Strangers On a Train" idea turned out to be, but it was still an entertaining episode.

Last edited by jordmundt6; December 14th, 2010 at 11:54 pm.
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Quote:
Yeah, the writing is pretty snappy. It feels like it encapsulates what fans of Moonlighting always THOUGHT that show did. And I agree witht he Sydney Bristow change. That was pretty funny. It was even shot the same way. That is worth a laugh. I wasn't thrilled with how simple the "Strangers On a Train" idea turned out to be, but it was still an entertaining episode.
Yea it's one of the better shows that I've seen in awhile. A lot of shows haven't been like this in quite some time. The 90's were about the last time that I've seen a show with this good writing (I know that some of you may disagree... but there's been such a glut of reality tv on, that anything good seems to have gone by the way side for quite some time).

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old October 1st, 2009, 3:27 am

Last night's episode was so good! I loved the interplay between Castle, Beckett and the other two detectives. And I loved how Castle kept getting offended by the incorrect grammar use all around him. It's true, I've seen a nearly identical case on another TV show--where two people switched murder victims so they could not be connected to the murders. But I didn't really care because the rest of the show was so enjoyable.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, this show is pretty predictable, but the chemistry of all involved makes up for it.

"Beckett's in on the bet. You're Toast!"

Old October 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Curse Breaker

The chemistry helped a lot. The most recent "Strangers on a Train" TV remake was probably on Medium a couple years ago and could have been called "Strangers in an Airport Lounge" where five murders were traded.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 7:47 pm

Quote:
The chemistry helped a lot. The most recent "Strangers on a Train" TV remake was probably on Medium a couple years ago and could have been called "Strangers in an Airport Lounge" where five murders were traded.
Agreed there. The chemistry is the ticket so far with this show. It's is it's real strong point.

Old October 4th, 2009, 7:40 am
Curse Breaker

If they maintain it through a second full season, I think it's time to start talking about catching lightning in a bottle.

Old October 4th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Quote:
If they maintain it through a second full season, I think it's time to start talking about catching lightning in a bottle.
Definitely agree there on that one. The closest ones that I've seen to this are Angela/Hodgins from Bones (in terms of sexual chemistry) and Tony/Ziva (in terms of gazes and bantering).

Old October 4th, 2009, 9:22 pm
Curse Breaker

Tony and Ziva always looks like more of an effort than the banter between Castle and Beckett--like they're reaching for it. As for romantic/sexual chemistry and tension--no contest. Castle and Beckett crackle. Much as I like Angela and Jack, the couple always gives me the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits feel. And it's cracklier than Booth and Brennan. It usually feels like Booth and Brennan have the same "reaching" problem that Tony and Ziva do on banter. I like both partnerships, but Castle and Beckett seem to be a more complete package with acting, script and presentation.

Old October 6th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Quote:
Tony and Ziva always looks like more of an effort than the banter between Castle and Beckett--like they're reaching for it. As for romantic/sexual chemistry and tension--no contest. Castle and Beckett crackle. Much as I like Angela and Jack, the couple always gives me the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits feel. And it's cracklier than Booth and Brennan. It usually feels like Booth and Brennan have the same "reaching" problem that Tony and Ziva do on banter. I like both partnerships, but Castle and Beckett seem to be a more complete package with acting, script and presentation.
As I see. But at least their trying. Agreed there . They seem to have more of a problem there (imo) than Tony and Ziva do (Booth and Brennan).

Ah . How does Angela and Jack give you the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits feel?

Agree, for the most part -- they still have aways to go, but so far they've done a good job there.

Old October 6th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Sixth Year

Just finished watching it, and I have to say that it's fast becoming my favorite show! It's just so witty and charming! And this time, I was actually caught off guard! I was sure it was going to be the photographer! That actually surprised me. Very clever.
I really could watch those 2 and 4 banter all day. I'm thinking of re-watching the first season. It's just getting better with every episode! Love it!!

Old October 7th, 2009, 4:12 am

^It is getting better with every episode. I love all the characters, but Nathan Fillion steals every scene, which I don't mind at all. I started watching the show just because he was in it. I'm also enjoying how they're giving the other two detectives bigger roles. The banter between them and Castle/Beckett is great. The last scene, when the catalog picture is on Beckett's desktop and she asks them, "How did you?" and he just says, "We're detectives."

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:16 pm
Curse Breaker

Yeah, Beckett's modeling gig was an entertaining side story. Plus, it was nice to see Castle play "The Rake With the Heart of Gold" again. Between this murder and the prodigy's break-in murder on Bones, I have to say that the cases are getting downright depressing. It was good to see that model and that photographer black-balled at the end of the episode, though. At least they won't be able to victimize anyone else. Any word on whether Patrick Bauchau's charming master thief might be making another appearance?

Old October 20th, 2009, 10:01 pm
Sixth Year

I think I look forward to watching Castle more than any other show! It's just so fun! And this past episode had such a different feel with him starting off with his agent and the possibility that he may leave! There's no way! I was wondering the whole time how they would work it out and it was so well done, as usual. And for the first time, I just went along with the murder and didn't try too hard to figure it out. Although, I had an inkling at the beginning that somehow the boy was the victims son.
But my goodness! You could almost see the sparks between them! AH! I just love this show

Old October 20th, 2009, 10:32 pm
Registered Animagus

The last two episodes have finally sucked me in. I especially liked the ending of last week's ep. A whole lot of fun.

I like the way they got around Castle leaving this week. I might just start watching this one for real, and not just having it on as background after DWTS.

Old October 21st, 2009, 8:17 pm
Curse Breaker

We highly encourage watching it for real. It was entertaining, and I hope that it stays entertaining. It was an interesting spin on a topic that's been worked on for SVU before and it was great to see Reed Diamond get work after absolutely torching it on Dollhouse last year.

Old November 1st, 2009, 1:06 am

I loved the Halloween episode! I think it is one of the best eps so far. Loved the Firefly shout-out and the exchanges between Castle and his daughter. Always love the interplay between Castle, Beckett, and the two other dectives (will someday learn their names). Interesting case, too.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television