Survivor Philippines

Old October 4th, 2012, 4:44 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Survivor Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
O M G Epic Fail !!

Wow what a mixed up horrible game.
For the blue tribe, everyone else is riding high on their pillowy, tarp-covered clouds. The blue tribe is imploding.

I thought it was really amusing to hear Angie's confessionals and going on and on about how Russel just gave up and she would have gone again but he's the weakest link because he tried twice and had a hard time whereas she tried once, couldn't get the easiest piece free and just gave up herself... hypocrite much? Okay, that was mean, but still, c'mon Angie.

I do think Denise and Malcom kept the right player if this is going to stay a three-tribe game, Angie was almost worse than useless. And while Russel's performance was pretty dismal I at least give him props for going out the second time, recognizing that he was holding up the tribe and trying to move things forward for the tribe, even if his performance was embarassing. He was trying to live up to what he had been telling his tribe. I don't know, tough call.

Quote:
Micheal is a walking acident waiting to happen ,what more can you say about a guy like him.
When he dove into the water with that mask on my first thought was "Man! Face first? You're going to hurt yourself!" (I had forgotten the teaser last week about him hurting himself) and then lo and behold... another injury...

Part of me thinks that they're giving Skupin in the Injury Edit, playing up the scrapes and cuts, but then again they couldn't give him the Injury Edit if he wasn't, you know, getting injured.

Quote:
I like that two out of three Idols have been found ,but I'm disapointed with Penner telling that he has one of them .
Well, like the baseball guy said (is his name Jeff?), it was a veteran move to find the idol the way he did. I think it was pretty brilliant of Penner to use the idol in that way since he seems to not have built very personal relationships so far (he's getting the Loner Villain Edit so far, I think) so his sharing the idol in a way that it can help get him an in with a strategic relationship was a good move.

I can see the idol both ways; it's great to have it, it's a valuable tool to be in possession of, why on earth would you share it with anyone? Well, because it can help build those relationships and in a game where you can't really prove your loyalty or trust in anyone until you have to actually put pen to paper and vote someone out, showing someone you have the idol is a way to prove that you're willing to trust that person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I know right? I think Aside from two people Russell's tribe has given up completely. But if its just the pair of them going into the merge, it could work in their favor to be swing votes.
I hope Malcom and Denise pull and Jerry and Rupert, i.e. despite the fact that they were on one of the worst performing tribes in Survivor history (Saboga in All Stars) they made it all the way to the final four. I want Denise and Malcom to go far. They could be a force to be reckoned with if they keep their alliance low-key once the blue tribe is absorbed by red and yellow or there's a tribe mix-up.

Quote:
I know I'm surprised the dumbest member of the yellow tribe found the idol!
Ug! I knew I didn't like Abi-Maria!! The "Besties on the First Day!" thing she and RC had going was... creepy and concerning and then her hot and cold attitude with RC since then has been worrisome. If I were RC I'd be looking for a player to throw under the bus when Abi-Maria comes after me and the sad thing is that it'll probably be Skupin.

Quote:
But i actually think Penner did the right thing in telling one person he had the idol. Was it a risk? Yes definitely it was a huge risk, but it paid off. That person chose to trust Penner because he trusted him enough to tell him about the idol. It may have saved Penner from elimination in this game.
Maybe, maybe not. Jeff only gave Penner a four-fingered hand shake, remember?

Quote:
I think its hilarious that no one on Russell's tribe has really mentioned the idol or tries to look for it. Then again doesn't Russell have the clue and he's keeping that hidden?
Yes, he does have the clue. I'm wondering if he'll find the idol next episode and if blue goes to tribal again he'll whip it out and play it and send Malcom home. Then again, I thought the mention of their raft floating off foretold the blue tribe winning the canoe in the challenge and I was totally wrong so there you go.

Quote:
Either way that tribe has way more to worry about now than the idol. They are headed for a one man tribe, an as sad as that sounds I think I want to see it happen! Although I think the lowest they will let it get to is two people because how can someone be voted off if there's only two people left.
That happened with Stephanie and Bobby Jon's tribe in... oh, what season was that??? When they let that tribe just completely implode and Stephanie ended up the only member of her tribe. Anyway, at the tribal with just the two of them they had a fire building challenge where they had to build a fire large enough to burn through a string that raised a flag... That's how they'll do it if it gets down to just two players. But why would they do that when they could have the last two get absorbed into the other two tribes? much more interesting and far more possibilities that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I am starting to like the older woman on the losing tribe too. She was able to convince the younger guy to get rid of the girl which was not the good thing for him, but was certainly the good thing for her.
She was my Survivor Preview pick to go far in the game; being a therapist she's good at getting people to open up to her and she has a good understanding of how to communicate and work with people. I'm really hoping she does well and at the very least makes it to the jury, but hopefully to the end. i do think she'll be seen as a threat towards the end, though, since she's well spoken and would be hard to win against at the final tribal.

Quote:
I have noticed that there are a lot more older people on this tribe as in over 35 which is old for survivor. Maybe that is why everything seems slow to me.
on the blue tribe? It was just Denise and Russel who were the older contestants. How old was Zane?

The yellow tribe seems to have the older members to me between Skupin, Lisa and Artis.

Old October 4th, 2012, 6:52 pm
Fifth Year

Steph and Bobby Jon were Palau. As bad a Matsing is, Ulong will forever be the worst tribe ever.

I'm lad Penner's tribe noticed the thing on top of the rice was gone and realizes it was the idol. It's always good to see the players being aware like that.

Denise is like one big muscle. She's impressive and seems to be a smart player, so I hope she rises above the horribleness of her tribe and does well.

I don't even know what to think of Abi. She was acting really erratic with RC, but I giver her credit for taking the initiative with finding the idol. And even though I think Pete thinks he's better than he actually is, I liked that he's getting into the game. I feel like in the past few seasons there haven't been that many players getting into the strategy part of the game and it looks like this season will be different.

Yay, water challenge!

Old October 4th, 2012, 9:13 pm
The Potions Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
I do think Denise and Malcom kept the right player if this is going to stay a three-tribe game, Angie was almost worse than useless. And while Russel's performance was pretty dismal I at least give him props for going out the second time, recognizing that he was holding up the tribe and trying to move things forward for the tribe, even if his performance was embarassing. He was trying to live up to what he had been telling his tribe. I don't know, tough call.
Russell has better overall skills. He started the fire using sticks! Angie was pretty much dead weight.

Quote:
She was my Survivor Preview pick to go far in the game; being a therapist she's good at getting people to open up to her and she has a good understanding of how to communicate and work with people. I'm really hoping she does well and at the very least makes it to the jury, but hopefully to the end. i do think she'll be seen as a threat towards the end, though, since she's well spoken and would be hard to win against at the final tribal.
And she was death on that diving challenge!

Quote:
Quote:
I have noticed that there are a lot more older people on this tribe as in over 35 which is old for survivor. Maybe that is why everything seems slow to me.
on the blue tribe? It was just Denise and Russel who were the older contestants. How old was Zane?
I thought it interesting that Malcolm said he'd been a fan of the show since he was twelve years old!

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old October 4th, 2012, 11:41 pm
Registered Animagus

I just meant overall in all the tribes there seem to be a lot of people over 35 which is unusual. I think that more then anything has made the season feel different. Though maybe we just haven't heard many of the younger people talk because the other two tribes have not had to make a decision about voting people off.

I also hope Denise makes if far. She is probably not someone i would like in real life, but i like her for doing well on Survivor. I think it is unlikely she will be able to work her way into another tribe though so this three has got to try and stick it together.

Abi and RC are a very weird pair. They are both too volatile and without someone to steady their thoughts i am not sure they are going to do well.

I think they should switch it up next week. Do a pick a colored egg from a bag and switch everything around leaving two tribes. Three tribes is too much.

Old October 11th, 2012, 10:42 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Well then there were two I'm sad to see Russell go but I feel it was for the best that he went.

That ditsy gal on the yellow tribe is sounding a lot like Colton did if you ask me . I thought she was very selfish in not wanting to listen to the other gals explanations or to even talk to her about it .

I thought the challenge was rigged a bit by the other two tribes getting to use three guys ,I thought it would have been two and one like Russells tribe .

talk more later

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old October 11th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Man that immunity challenge was brutal, I really thought russell's tribe had it. I hope they either win next week or tribe shakeups are on their way. Sadly though I don't see how Malcom and Denise can dig their way out of a hole unless its a complete shakeup and even then i think the other two tribes will gang up on them.

I'm really surprised that no one on Matsing has found the immunity idol. But I guess they have bigger things to worry about.

And I agree Abi-Maria is horrible! She has become a big villian in a short amount of time and her tribe isnt seeing it. I actually felt a bit bad for RC. Even one of her other tribe members seemed like he was annoyed with her. She's in trouble if her tribe loses.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old October 11th, 2012, 5:20 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
Russell has better overall skills. He started the fire using sticks! Angie was pretty much dead weight.
Yeah, but he only started that fire after Malcom showed him exactly how to do it.

Quote:
And she was death on that diving challenge!
teehee!! (You know why I'm laughing )

Quote:
I thought it interesting that Malcolm said he'd been a fan of the show since he was twelve years old!
I've been a fan of the show since I was... 15, I think. 12 doesn't seem that young to me.

Quote:
Well then there were two I'm sad to see Russell go but I feel it was for the best that he went.
I'm glad Malcom and Denise stuck together. I'm really hoping that they find the idol in this next episode (it looks like they just tear their camp apart looking for it!) and that they are absorbed into the other tribes, make in roads there and then are able to reconnect at the final merge when the game goes individual.

I really thought, though, that the blue tribe was going to at least get second in challenge. I feel so bad for them.

Quote:
That ditsy gal on the yellow tribe is sounding a lot like Colton did if you ask me . I thought she was very selfish in not wanting to listen to the other gals explanations or to even talk to her about it .
Part of me thinks she's playing a kind of brilliant game in fabricating this rift in her tribe between herself and RC and making it appear as though RC would be the best first victim of tribal when they finally go to tribal, but part of me thinks she's being really stupid and not at least giving herself the option of using RC as pawn in whatever game she's playing. Abi is buring her bridge with RC so thoroughly that if she ever needs anything from RC in the future there's no way she's going to get it.

Quote:
I thought the challenge was rigged a bit by the other two tribes getting to use three guys ,I thought it would have been two and one like Russells tribe .
I thought so, too. I thought that they should have at least been forced to even things up by making one woman compete in the challenge. Poor Denise. But I like her so much for toughing it out like she has been.

I loved how forthright and open this tribal was. There was very little to hide with there being only three people (the only thing to hide was their actual vote) which made for an amusingly honest tribal. The politicking that goes on at tribal when the tribes are so big wears me down sometimes, but sometimes it's just as fun to watch people spin their positions and play everyone. It's a double edged sword. Those open and honest tribals are so rare though that I think I still like them the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
Man that immunity challenge was brutal, I really thought russell's tribe had it. I hope they either win next week or tribe shakeups are on their way. Sadly though I don't see how Malcom and Denise can dig their way out of a hole unless its a complete shakeup and even then i think the other two tribes will gang up on them.
Oh! I don't think so at all! The other tribes both have six members. If Malcom and Denise are absorbed into the other tribes they are huge candidates to become swing votes for existing alliances, especially on the red tribe where it seems things are falling down gender lines right now. On the yellow tribe things are a lot more fluid because of Abi-Maria's crazy and Pete's desire to cause chaos and Lisa's "play the hand you've got" mentality. If, say, Denise gets on the yellow tribe, she and Lisa could pair up and make a four-person alliance with RC and Skupin and vote out Abi-Maria.

I think the best bet is to absorb Denise and Malcom at this point and then total awesomeness with ensue.

Last edited by Goddess_Clio; October 11th, 2012 at 5:23 pm.
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:39 am
The Potions Master

Quote:
Yeah, but he only started that fire after Malcom showed him exactly how to do it.
Missed that part somehow!

Quote:
I've been a fan of the show since I was... 15, I think. 12 doesn't seem that young to me.
Yes, but he's on the show. Have you applied? Wouldn't that be fun? I'll root for you when you get there. And would be happy to provide thatching lessons.

Quote:
Part of me thinks she's playing a kind of brilliant game in fabricating this rift in her tribe between herself and RC and making it appear as though RC would be the best first victim of tribal when they finally go to tribal, but part of me thinks she's being really stupid and not at least giving herself the option of using RC as pawn in whatever game she's playing. Abi is buring her bridge with RC so thoroughly that if she ever needs anything from RC in the future there's no way she's going to get it.
I think her problem is that she thinks she is smarter than she really is (we don't have a Ravenclaw on our hands here.) And so many people get themselves tangled up on this show because they just can't control their emotions.

Quote:
I thought so, too. I thought that they should have at least been forced to even things up by making one woman compete in the challenge. Poor Denise. But I like her so much for toughing it out like she has been.
It seems like the other tribes went male because they were stronger, but I think it may have been that they were taller. The hardest part was picking up your legs so high over the bamboo poles - that's what got both Denise and Russell (he's got muscles, but zero aerobic conditioning.)

I don't see how Denise and Malcolm can continue as a tribe. How do they vote someone off the next time they lose? Unless someone finds the idol. Time to merge.

Last edited by mirrormere; October 12th, 2012 at 1:27 pm.
Old October 12th, 2012, 4:01 am
Inconceivable!

I had a feeling that Malcolm and Denise would stick together. Russell may have had big muscles, but his lack of aerobic conditioning and attitude doomed him.

I can't like Abi-Marie. The way she turned on RC was almost paranoid. It will be interesting to see what happens once they end up going to a tribal council.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old October 12th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Missed that part somehow!
It was in Malcom's confessional/interview - he said something to the effect of he knew he could do it but he was happy to let Russel put the leadership/survival skills target on his own back while Malcom hangs back. Or something like that.

Quote:
Yes, but he's on the show. Have you applied? Wouldn't that be fun? I'll root for you when you get there. And would be happy to provide thatching lessons.
No, never applied.

It always amazes me that these people don't, you know, research survival techniques and methods before they come on the show: how to thatch a roof or make something more waterproof than just laying palm fronds over each other, what kinds of foods are native to the area they're going because 9 out of 10 times they're going to end up somewhere in the south pacific (Tocantins, Gabon, Kenya, Nicaragua and China being some of the rare exceptions, but even China seemed to be the south-pacific region of China), etc.

For a long time I've wondered why nobody tries to make a bamboo roof like a spanich tile roof - split them in half, knock out the webbing things and lay half facing up and half facing down and BAM! you've got a darn-near waterproof roof! Maybe it's just too much work, though, I don't know.

Quote:
I think her problem is that she thinks she is smarter than she really is (we don't have a Ravenclaw on our hands here.) And so many people get themselves tangled up on this show because they just can't control their emotions.
Survivor seems like a situation where you're broken down so quickly living in the elements that your true personality comes out and often your emotions are so raw, especially after days and days of rain, that it's hard to keep them in. I find it interesting that the blue team is the only tribe that's really being shown heavily suffering from the rain by this point. Yellow and Red haven't gotten nearly the same pain and suffering edit. Except for Skupin, he's getting the accident edit.

Quote:
It seems like the other tribes went male because they were stronger, but I think it may have been that they were taller. The hardest part was picking up your legs so high over the bamboo poles - that's what got both Denise and Russell (he's got muscles, but zero aerobic conditioning.)
I still think it was unfair that they got to choose all the men on their tribes when in the past they've made the tribes with extra players keep the same number of men and women as the tribe with the smallest number. Then again, I seem to recall them doing that in those wrestling challenges which would just be patently unfair to have two men wrestling two women.

Quote:
I don't see how Denise and Malcolm can continue as a tribe. How do they vote someone off the next time they lose? Unless someone finds the idol. Time to merge.
If they keep them as a tribe and lose again, their tribal would be a fire-making challenge or some kind of tie breaker since they obviously can't vote for each other. I have a feeling they'll be absorbed into the yellow and red tribes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I had a feeling that Malcolm and Denise would stick together. Russell may have had big muscles, but his lack of aerobic conditioning and attitude doomed him.
I did, too. At this point, their best bet seems to be to stick like glue to each other, try to both make it to the final merge and reconnect.

Quote:
I can't like Abi-Marie. The way she turned on RC was almost paranoid. It will be interesting to see what happens once they end up going to a tribal council.
That'll be fantastic! I love when seemingly solid tribes are suddenly faced with actually having to play the game.

Old October 12th, 2012, 11:40 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Right now I would like to see a total player mix up with just two new tribes of 7 the result.
If they don't mix it up, then I feel the outcome of the next IC will lead to a fire challenge and a one player tribe.
If that happens I would like to see Denise be the one staying .
I would love it if the other two tribes got to go to tribal to just watch the battle.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted

Last edited by twinsrule26; October 12th, 2012 at 11:42 pm.
Old October 13th, 2012, 1:44 am
The Potions Master

Quote:
For a long time I've wondered why nobody tries to make a bamboo roof like a spanich tile roof - split them in half, knock out the webbing things and lay half facing up and half facing down and BAM! you've got a darn-near waterproof roof! Maybe it's just too much work, though, I don't know.
I've seen them split bamboo in half with a machete, I think it was for a floor. I don't think they've figured out how to attach interlocking half lengths to each other and/or to the structure.

What drives me nuts is that they lay around all day and never seem to improve their structures from what they slap together on the first day.

Quote:
If they keep them as a tribe and lose again, their tribal would be a fire-making challenge or some kind of tie breaker since they obviously can't vote for each other. I have a feeling they'll be absorbed into the yellow and red tribes though.
This will be my first full season watching, so I'm not familiar with a lot of how they do things yet. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.

Old October 14th, 2012, 2:57 am
Fifth Year

A few things-

Abi is television gold. I hope her tribe never loses so the RC-Abi conflict keeps going because it's very entertaining.

Pete is actually really impressing me. I didn't think much of him in his pre-game interviews but he seems to be in a good place strategically right now, and he's doing it in an entertaining way (feeding the flames of the glorious Abi-RC feud), so I'm loving him right now.

That challenge was awesome because it looked capital 'R' Rough. I think, though, that they should have said one woman from each of the other two tribes has to compete, seeing as Matsing was two men and one woman and the challenge was SO physical. I won't lie, I thought that was a little unfair.

Looks like there's a medical emergency next week. I'm a little worried, because
Spoiler: show
there's been rumors floating around that Dana gets medevaced in episode 5, and I like her and don't want to see her leave.

Old October 16th, 2012, 10:42 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
This will be my first full season watching, so I'm not familiar with a lot of how they do things yet. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.
If you have Netflix or one of those, see if they have some of the earlier seasons! I'd recommend seasons 1-8 (Borneo, Australia, Amazon, Africa, Thailand, Marquesas, Pearl Island, and All Stars); they're the seasons with, at least to me, some of the most memorable players and personalities (Boston Rob, Rob Cesternino, Ethan, Jerri, Rupert, Sandra, Shi-Ann...) and a really wide aray of locations, not just the south pacific...

After that I start to forget which seasons were what.

The season where they let one tribe dwindle to one person was Palau, season 10.

Then there's another string of pretty good seasons, from 15 to 20 (China, Fans v. Favs, Gabon, Tocantins, Samoa and Heros v. Villains) which had another big set of memorable survivors what with two seasons featuring large numbers of returning players (though, ironically, I still couldn't remember Penner at the start of this season even though it's his third time out)

After that the seasons have gone back to just okay to me. (We're in season 25 now) I think it's time for a shake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry18 View Post
Abi is television gold.
I'll bet the producers watch her uncut film and see rating increases where cartoon characters would see dollar signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry18 View Post
Pete is actually really impressing me.
Me too, but he's playing a dangerous game. Here's hoping he's not caught red-handed in any of his schemes.

Fingers crossed for Denise and Malcolm this week! I have a good feeling that they'll be split up and absorbed into the two other tribes (good in that if they play their cards right they can make it to the final merge and reconnect!)

It would make the most sense to me to put Denise with yellow where she could form, for lack of more tactful way of saying it, and old-person alliance (Lisa, Skupin, Artis(?) and Denise), get the majority over Abi and vote her trouble-makin' booty out.

Malcolm would do well with red since the men's side of the alliances there (it seems they're split along gender lines) has Jeff Kent and Penner (and red-pants boy). Malcolm could join them and make a fourth and start pickin' off the girls while getting "in" with the two strongest players on the red tribe.

Though it does look like Kent will be found out this week and blond girl is medivac'ed.

Old October 17th, 2012, 5:44 am
Fifth Year

Well, shoot. It looks like the rumors have some basis, since the most recent preview I saw showed it was indeed Dana who was having a medical situation.

Old October 18th, 2012, 3:44 am
Inconceivable!

That was a good episode. I think I now have a favorite that I'm going to root for.

I think I would have made the same decision that Dana did. She looked miserable.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old October 18th, 2012, 2:54 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
That was a good episode. I think I now have a favorite that I'm going to root for.

I think I would have made the same decision that Dana did. She looked miserable.
agreed! and Im willing to bet she probably had appendicitis or something similar. Im not sure she would have lasted another hour let alone 12 to be reevaluated. I think she made the right choice. As for her tribe, I think they might be in trouble. I thought these two tribes were more evenly matched but Dana leaving the game i think broke some moral. I hope denise makes it to the merge.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old October 18th, 2012, 7:59 pm
Fifth Year

I really wished Dawson would have outed Jeff as a former pro-baseball MVP. I was a little surprised that she didn't.

I was super bummed that the rumors about Dana leaving due to medical issues were true. I really liked her.

I don't think Malcolm and Denise are in any immediate danger. If Malcolm's tribe loses, it looks like RC or Mike is up for being voted out. If Denise's tribe loses, Katie is probably next because Denise is so much better in challenges and if the majority alliance cared more about loyalty than challenge strength then Denise would have gone home before Dawson.

Looks like there will be something interesting going down at a challenge next week, though sadly it's not a water challenge (thanks a lot, rainy season!). Actually, the challenge they showed in the preview looked a lot like a challenge they played in China.

Old October 18th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Seventh Year

Well, I was wrong on all counts.

Malcom went to yellow and thus went all possibilities of an old person alliance.
Possibility Abi would be the first booted from yellow: next to none.
Denise went to red and joined the men!
Jeff Kent wasn't outted and actually got Dawson the boot.

Good episode, though. Loved the kiss and hug Dawson gave Jeff as she left - one of those moments that was so awkward you cringe - Jeff looked like he wanted to. Maybe he was diggin' the hug and Dawson just smelled bad.

Old October 19th, 2012, 1:59 am
The Potions Master

I wonder if Dawson ever figured out that her needling Jeff about baseball was what got her the boot? Not terribly bright, but quite humorous.

Pete wasn't too swift sharing his immunity idol secret with Malcolm, especially since we know Malcolm didn't reciprocate. Here's to holding out for a reunited Malcolm/Denise alliance!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television