Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Survivor Philippines

Old November 1st, 2012, 4:30 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Survivor Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
That's if she even decides to trust them. Which I hope she does. She could go far with them. If Malcom and Denise play their cards right they could go all the way. I think everyone looks at them as possible swing vote which is good for them in terms of gaining the trust of everyone.
I like the idea of Malcom, Denise and Lisa though I kind of agree that Malcom botched it up a little bit in getting himself stuck in an alliance with two people whom he'd be unlikely to beat at the end. Although, I can see them as a final three and each getting at least one vote, depending on if Malcom plays a smart and strategic enough game and Lisa makes some bold moves. Otherwise I see that final three coming down to Malcom and Denise and Lisa getting no votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
Merging at 11 I wonder if that means a final two with 9 members on the jury?
I think they've had an even number on the jury before... it all depends on if they're going to a final three or not - a final three could be decided by an even-numbered jury if the third-place finisher gets one vote, leaving seven votes up for grabs between second place and first place.

Quote:
So Lisa found Micheal's Idol I'm glad its now know by more people .
I hope she doesn't screw Malcom over and start blabbing about it to everyone else. She's got a good spot being in a threesome with Malcom and Denise; they could be the three swings that decide some big votes in the next few episodes.

Good on Penner for reading the situation right and using his idol to save himself.

But where did the votes for Pete come from? Were they just wildcared votes? I saw Penner voted for him and... oh, I can't remember who the other one was now but there was no talk from anyone about voting for Pete...

Old November 2nd, 2012, 3:20 am
Fifth Year

I like that after the past few seasons there's not going to be pre-merge alliances dominating the entire post-merge.

I was a little disappointed that RC didn't do better in the immunity challenge.

Will another idol be hidden now that one's been played? I hope not. Three idols post-merge is just too many.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:19 pm
The Potions Master

One thing I wondered about - no one used an underhanded grip on the immunity challenge. Was it not allowed? I would have been switching back and forth.

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old November 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post
One thing I wondered about - no one used an underhanded grip on the immunity challenge. Was it not allowed? I would have been switching back and forth.
They probably have an unaired segment where they explain the rules more fully to the contestants so they know what they can and cannot do during a challenge and the type of grip they were allowed to use might have been covered there. Since no one used an under-hand grip that "rule" was moot so they didn't need to waste air time telling us about it.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 1:40 am
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
... where did the votes for Pete come from? Were they just wildcared votes? I saw Penner voted for him and... oh, I can't remember who the other one was now but there was no talk from anyone about voting for Pete...
Penner and R.C. voted for Pete. They never showed the strategy for that move.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old November 8th, 2012, 7:36 pm
Inconceivable!

That was a great tribal council. I had no idea what was going on for most of that show. But it was entertaining.

It is really nice to have a season that is turning into something that seems to be totally unpredictable.

I like the addition of famous people - Jeff Kent and Lisa Welchel. Their life experiences in the spotlight seem to really make the show more interesting. There are the typical tribe members who think they know what they are doing, but in reality they don't have a clue - like Pete and Abi. And then there are the those who know what they want to do but aren't exactly sure what the best way is to do it - Jeff and Lisa. Then there are those who are just hanging on as long as they can without getting voted out - Denise and Carter. And finally, there is the one guy who could make it to the end by winning immunity challenges if he doesn't get voted out first - Malcolm.

It has been a good season.

Old November 8th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
That was a great tribal council. I had no idea what was going on for most of that show. But it was entertaining.

It is really nice to have a season that is turning into something that seems to be totally unpredictable.
I agree! It's refreshing to see a set of people who aren't "pagonging" their way to the end; that's no fun to watch; it makes the entire season really predictable.

Pagonging: When post-merge votes all fall down tribal lines and the tribe whose up in numbers deccimates the other.

Lisa: I was impressed by her this week. It's glad to see that she's waking up and participating in the game and recognizes that a good strategy for her would be to stick with the meanies (Pete, Artis and Abi) and try to go to the finals with them because hands down she'd win; the other three would only have one ally on the jury (since it's not a final four and a final two hasn't been done in... years) and they'd all be so bitter about Peter/Abi/Artis's attitudes that Lisa would win. But, man! Blowing Malcom's secret idol! It sure made it easy on him since he no longer needs to feel any kind of loyalty to her.

Jeff Kent: So sad he's gone!! He wasn't my favorite player ever, and maybe wouldn't even make my list of "Players I love to Hate" (a.k.a. people like Russel Hantz and Colton Cumbie; Jeff was a bit arrogant but he was playing the game well and had a certain charm about him that made me almost like him) but his vendetta against Penner this season was really fun to watch and seeing how he kept really wanting to vote Penner but always seeming to come up with a reason to keep him or being talked in to keeping him was making for some entertaining TV.

Pete and Abi: When will they go? They're on my "players I love to hate" this season for sure. (I haven't seen enough of Artis to include him on that list) but for that reason alone it might be the best bet to dump Artis (perhaps the least controversial of that trio) soon and then for any of the other players to bank on going to the end as Pete and Abi's third. I can't see any scenario where they would win against, say, a Penner, a Skupin, a Lisa, a Malcom, a Denise... I was really amused when Abi brought out "her alliance's" idol and said that she was keeping it safe. She absolutley thinks it's her idol.

Denise: She's going to be dangerous for Malcom in the end since she'll be so likable but I still hope they stick together. He'll have to have a kick-bootie final tribal speech prepared to win against her!

Malcom: A little bummed his secret idol was blown but I'm glad, at least, that he wasn't trying to use it as a bargaining tool; I get tired of seeing that after a while.

That Tribal Council!: Wow!! That was fun to watch; I love when public pleas are made at tribal right before the vote.

I didn't catch who the two flips were, though? Who was the fifth for Pete and who voted Abi?? Maybe I'll have to rewatch the episode.

This is going to be a big episode next week! Nine is a critical point in the game at which to make a move and with a divided tribe like this it's going to be a doozie of a vote next week! At least, I hope...

Old November 8th, 2012, 9:49 pm
The Potions Master

Okay, Lisa was trying to get Malcolm voted off and then somehow it morphed into getting Jeff canned and then Pete. Who's idea was it to vote Jeff off? Because that seems to be who more people are listening to. Guess I'll have to rewatch the episode.

But a fascinating tribal council!

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Old November 9th, 2012, 1:17 am
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Lisa: I was impressed by her this week. It's glad to see that she's waking up and participating in the game and recognizes that a good strategy for her would be to stick with the meanies (Pete, Artis and Abi) and try to go to the finals with them because hands down she'd win; the other three would only have one ally on the jury (since it's not a final four and a final two hasn't been done in... years) and they'd all be so bitter about Peter/Abi/Artis's attitudes that Lisa would win.
The only trouble with this strategy is that the bad guys will realize that sweet little Lisa would get the million dollars, so they will dump her before they get close to the end.

I hope Pete, Artis and Abi don't get to the end. Maybe Lisa will give up her strategy and dump them. I think she felt betrayed by Abi hiding the idol from her after she was completely honest with them.

Old November 10th, 2012, 6:43 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Who's idea was it to vote Jeff off? Because that seems to be who more people are listening to.
I rewatched how the final voted laid out and it was Penner and Skupin who didn't follow the party line and vote for Pete; Penner voted Abi (he's got no allegiance to either side so him voting for a third party does nothing but rock the boat for the other factions of the tribe) and Skupin voted Jeff so he's following Lisa, "his biggest ally in the game" right now.

His might be the smartest play (for himself) because if Pete and Abi lose Artis at some point and need a third, they just might take Skupin over Lisa for the reasons SusanBones reminded us of: Lisa would be a shoe-in for the win if she's in the finale. But Pete and Abi seem to have such a low and bad opinion of Skupin that he might squeak in there if it's a choice between Skupin and Lisa and then walk away with the million because everyone hates Pete and Abi so much.

Old November 10th, 2012, 7:10 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Okay, Lisa was trying to get Malcolm voted off and then somehow it morphed into getting Jeff canned and then Pete. Who's idea was it to vote Jeff off? Because that seems to be who more people are listening to. Guess I'll have to rewatch the episode.
Malcolm said he was going to use his idol which is what set off the wholesale change of who got voted off.
Wow Penner called it and backed it up he said he was going to win immunity and then did it .
I can't believe Abi outed herself like that she could have stayed quiet and held a real edge. I think she didn't need to show her idol.

I think it might be a final two this season because they started the jury a 11 players . I think it could be 9 in the jury and two up for the win.

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Wow Penner called it and backed it up he said he was going to win immunity and then did it .
Hey, it happens. Remember Shii-Ann in All-stars? She was on the chopping block and won immunity - then Alicia got snippy with her and told her not to celebrate too much because she had to go home with them but Shii-Ann (rightfully) celebrated her victory and her three more days in the game.

Quote:
I can't believe Abi outed herself like that she could have stayed quiet and held a real edge. I think she didn't need to show her idol.
I know! Just keep your trap shut and sit on the idol until it needs to be used! I think she's really hot-headed, though, and it might have been burning in her to let everyone know that she actually found the idol. And now that RC had been voted out she probably thought it wouldn't matter who knew since Abi was the one who betrayed RC and found the idol without her so it was RC she had to keep it secret from.

Quote:
I think it might be a final two this season because they started the jury a 11 players . I think it could be 9 in the jury and two up for the win.
Micronesia had a final two and an even-numbered jury. And several seasons with final threes have had an even-numbered jury.

There was a season when it got to the final three and they started celebrating thinking they had gotten to the end -- and then there was another challenge and they took it to a final two. (This was after several seasons of final threes so a "Final Three" had become the new norm)

Old November 11th, 2012, 11:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

I have to say, I too am loving that this season has been so unpredictable. I love that they are all constantly re-evaluating their situations and changing alliances. They are all very smart to continue to think about their situations and rethink at every turn. This should be an interesting ride through to the end. I just hope abi, pete and artist dont make it to the final three.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old November 15th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Man! I love a good blindside ! Way to go Skupin.

The look on Artist's face when his name was called was great to see .

Yay Penner survives again ! I'm really beginning to like Penner for the final 3/2 .

The way Penner found all the ball bags was great thinking .I feel it really was what helped his team win that challenge.

Abi is a *itch I hope she gets blindsided next.The way she talked to Lisa was sick I hated watching it .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old November 16th, 2012, 4:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:

Yay Penner survives again ! I'm really beginning to like Penner for the final 3/2 .

The way Penner found all the ball bags was great thinking .I feel it really was what helped his team win that challenge.

Abi is a *itch I hope she gets blindsided next.The way she talked to Lisa was sick I hated watching it .
I hope abi leaves with the idol in her pocket! that would be fabulous. The look on her face when she realized she'd lost control was priceless. And I love how she thought it was lisa and it wasn't. Goes to show being nice often goes a lot further than being evil.

Im really starting to like penner as well. Which surprises me because i set myself up to hate him, and he was living up to the part until recently. I think it was pete who said it but he was totally right, penner is a great player in this game. He's a huge threat. Im really hoping for a malcom, denise, skupin and lisa alliance.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old November 16th, 2012, 6:11 pm
Third Year

A Malcolm-Denise-Lisa-Skupin alliance would be awesome. I'm surprised at how powerful Lisa has become. And Abi so needs to go home already.

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old November 17th, 2012, 4:04 am
Inconceivable!

That was another good episode. I really liked the way Penner tried to help Lisa feel better. I'm not exactly sure what he does for a living but he has a really good way of understanding what people need to hear.

Quote:

I loved the blindside. Artis didn't have a clue that it was coming. I think that this will be the end of the Pete-Abi-Lisa alliance. I had a feeling that Skupin was the one who betrayed that alliance. It was interesting that he did it without Lisa.

The dynamics between Abi and Lisa has some similarities with the way Abi treated RC. For some reason RC seemed to let Abi bully her. And it seems like Lisa is allowing it, too. It is hard to understand why Lisa would remain loyal to Abi and that alliance when she has been treated so badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I hope abi leaves with the idol in her pocket! that would be fabulous. The look on her face when she realized she'd lost control was priceless. And I love how she thought it was lisa and it wasn't. Goes to show being nice often goes a lot further than being evil.

Im really starting to like penner as well. Which surprises me because i set myself up to hate him, and he was living up to the part until recently. I think it was pete who said it but he was totally right, penner is a great player in this game. He's a huge threat. Im really hoping for a malcom, denise, skupin and lisa alliance.
I think it would be great if Abi went home with the idol.

I like Malcolm, Denise, Lisa and Penner for the final four. Skupin seems to have mostly played along with his alliance and stay out of trouble. His first big move was to vote out Artis. Penner will have worked harder to reach final four than Skupin.

Old November 17th, 2012, 4:42 am
Seventh Year

Kathy's words from the All Stars season are coming through: the time to make big moves in this game at at 9 and 7; Skupin just made a huge move at 9 (players left). I wonder if someone's going to make when it gets to 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I loved the blindside. Artis didn't have a clue that it was coming. I think that this will be the end of the Pete-Abi-Lisa alliance. I had a feeling that Skupin was the one who betrayed that alliance. It was interesting that he did it without Lisa.
Based on the preview for next week's episode, Abi seems to be playing the "but you promised you'd be with us, Lisa! You promised!!" and seems to be trying to guilt Lisa into staying with her and Pete. I think Abi might be realizing that she needs to keep Lisa with her or she and Pete are gone next - Lisa is Pete and Abi's saving grace and I'll bet they're doing anything they possibly can to keep her with them including preying on her insecurities and trying to guilt her in to staying with them.

Quote:
The dynamics between Abi and Lisa has some similarities with the way Abi treated RC. For some reason RC seemed to let Abi bully her. And it seems like Lisa is allowing it, too. It is hard to understand why Lisa would remain loyal to Abi and that alliance when she has been treated so badly.
That seems to come down to Penner's therapy session with Lisa: Lisa is a pleaser and the person she now feels like she has to please is Abi. She's scared to betray Abi because then Abi will not like her anymore, even though it's better game play for Lisa to leave Tandang (i.e. Pete and Abi).

Quote:
I think it would be great if Abi went home with the idol.
I have a feeling that Pete is going to ask Abi for the idol to save himself and Abi won't give it to him because she wants to keep it for herself. That would be the ultimate betrayal for him.

Quote:
I like Malcolm, Denise, Lisa and Penner for the final four. Skupin seems to have mostly played along with his alliance and stay out of trouble. His first big move was to vote out Artis. Penner will have worked harder to reach final four than Skupin.
I think it would be very hard to find reasons not to vote for Penner to win if he makes it to the finals because he's just about had to overcome the most in this game, with the possible exceptions of Malcom and Denise. But Penner's trials and tribulations have come at the individual game which, I think, tends to be more memorable since the jury were all apart of the individual game and none of them were on a Matsing with Denise and Malcom; Penner's trials would be fresher in everyone's minds.

Old November 17th, 2012, 11:46 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Based on the preview for next week's episode, Abi seems to be playing the "but you promised you'd be with us, Lisa! You promised!!" and seems to be trying to guilt Lisa into staying with her and Pete. I think Abi might be realizing that she needs to keep Lisa with her or she and Pete are gone next - Lisa is Pete and Abi's saving grace and I'll bet they're doing anything they possibly can to keep her with them including preying on her insecurities and trying to guilt her in to staying with them.
I can see Lisa sticking with Abi and Pete, too, because a betrayal of trust is just too much for her to deal with. That is probably why Skupin voted with Penne's tribe. He knew her well enough to know she would have problems with it.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 9:39 am

Wow!, great show tonight, I'm really glad that Lisa seems to be finally playing the game with her head and not with her heart.

Well now there is just one Idol left . I thought Pete would have begged Abi for the Idol .

Boy Abi sure got reamed out at the TC but I think she deserved most if not all that was said and she sure wouldn't let Denise finish a sentence without cutting her off.
Spoiler: show
I'm glad that a split vote finally worked so often they fail. [

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television