Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

"A Very Potter Musical"

Old August 1st, 2010, 5:48 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"

I don't get how they'll do a third one... They've already shown the first 2 years and they know that there is no conflict if they show the 3rd-7th years

I think the time-travel thing worked well for the sequel, but I don't know what time period they would be able to do for the third.

The only book they haven't taken the main plot from yet is CoS. But I don't know how they could show that story with all the staff dead.

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2010, 6:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I don't get how they'll do a third one... They've already shown the first 2 years and they know that there is no conflict if they show the 3rd-7th years
That is a point... but I have faith in those guys. I'm sure they can work something out that will be just as brilliant. I never would have thought a sequel could be pulled off, but boy did they show me. And I think they can come up with something great for a third one as well if they put their minds to it.

"Mr. Moony presents his complements to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."

"Mr Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."

"Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor."

Old August 1st, 2010, 10:21 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRemusLupin7 View Post
That is a point... but I have faith in those guys. I'm sure they can work something out that will be just as brilliant. I never would have thought a sequel could be pulled off, but boy did they show me. And I think they can come up with something great for a third one as well if they put their minds to it.
I agree. I know they had an idea which was worked on and then put aside while developing the sequel. They have hinted at going back to this for a possible third instalment.
I would love to see what else they could do with the Harry Potter story (The deathly hallows have not been touched or COS and some of the PS).
However I would really love to see more independent stuff from them. MAMD was fantastic and it’s nice to think they can make some money off it.
Anything they do will be great, they have proved themselves over and over again, so I am not that worried about their chosen subject matter - if it is Potter, rest assured they will find a way to make it work.

I am gespatchio Oh!
Old August 6th, 2010, 7:03 am
First Year

As far as a third musical goes, I'm sure if it happens it'll be great; everything they've done so far has been fantastic.
Besides, in the AVPM universe they've already shown that timeline continuity is completely irrelevant, so they're free to skip around as much as they like!

Anyone who thinks sunshine is happiness has never danced in the rain.
Proud to be a Ravenclaw.
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:28 pm
Sixth Year

A Very Potter Sequel. Part 2. Act 11. 'Nuff said.
If they do make a third one, I have complete faith. I didn't think a second one was possible, but they sure showed me wrong. I think I may even like AVPS better than AVPM. Boy I wish I had it on DVD.

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:30 pm
First Year

I less than three AVPS
I must admit I prefer Joe Walker as Voldy, but that's probably just the lack of a shirt talking
I missed the Quirrelmort bromance, but the musical was great regardless

As for a third musical, I don't know what they'd do. Maybe a mashup of getting the Sorcerer's Stone and CoS? That could bring back Voldy, seeing as he was a ghost at the end of AVPM *hopes*
Regardless, it would still be amazing and I hope they do it, but it would be nice to see them do an independent show that they can make money out of.

Proud supporter of Quirrell/Voldemort since A Very Potter Musical

Proud member of Hufflepuff
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?"
"We're particularly good Finders"
Old August 14th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley_Girl21 View Post
That could bring back Voldy, seeing as he was a ghost at the end of AVPM *hopes*
That's the only way I can see them making a sequel - it would be a bit weird though if you watched them in order because you'd be going from the 2nd year to the 1st year and then to the 3rd year But then again those guys are geniuses, I'm sure they could make it work.

The other problem they have is that the only teachers they have are Snape and Dumbledore, Snape's dead and Dumbledore's at Pigfarts so they'd have to have it set at Pigfarts. Actually, that isn't a problem - it would be amazing if it was set at Pigfarts

But I agree that they should do another independent show so that they don't get stuck doing Harry Potter musicals forever. Plus they can make money off other things which is better for them, so I'm not too bothered what they do. They could do another sequel and something else if they wanted to because they managed AVPM, MAMD and AVPS in just over a year so who knows

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live AgainOne shots
Old August 14th, 2010, 4:16 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

I always had this idea that if they made a third one set a year after AVPM, they could just have one or more of the dead characters walk onstage, Harry would ask them "Wait, aren't you dead?" and the character would just go "Meh. *shrug*"
Then they'd get on with the rest of the play as though nothing weird had happened.

I agree that they should make some more independent productions. They've got a lot of people viewing their HP stuff, and I think those same audiences will also be interested in the other things they have planned.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old August 15th, 2010, 4:42 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignisia View Post
I always had this idea that if they made a third one set a year after AVPM, they could just have one or more of the dead characters walk onstage, Harry would ask them "Wait, aren't you dead?" and the character would just go "Meh. *shrug*"
Then they'd get on with the rest of the play as though nothing weird had happened.
That is a brilliant idea I can totally see Darren/Harry's face saying that XD

Quote:
I agree that they should make some more independent productions. They've got a lot of people viewing their HP stuff, and I think those same audiences will also be interested in the other things they have planned.
I watched [another production of theirs] because of AVPM, so no doubt a lot of people would be led to other shows because of their Potter musicals

Proud supporter of Quirrell/Voldemort since A Very Potter Musical

Proud member of Hufflepuff
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?"
"We're particularly good Finders"

Last edited by mexicant; August 16th, 2010 at 1:53 am. Reason: not family-friendly
Old August 15th, 2010, 5:04 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
I actually thought this is what would happen in AVPS, but I was very happy with what they ended up with

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old August 16th, 2010, 1:56 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

Just a reminder to refrain from referencing their less-than-family-friendly productions, guys. They may be amusing, but I'd rather not have them discussed here as they are both off-topic and against the forum rules.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old August 31st, 2010, 12:09 pm
First Year

Quote:
Yes! Can't you just imagine the following:

Dumbledore (back from pigfarts): Well, seeing as snape is dead, we had to find a new potions master...

*snape barges in*

snape: WHAT THE DEVIL IS GOING ON HEREEEEE??!

dumbledore: snape! what? but..but i thought you were dead!

snape: dead? why that's ABSUUUUUUURD

To check out my graphics, click here.
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:27 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveMagic View Post
Dumbledore (back from pigfarts): Well, seeing as snape is dead, we had to find a new potions master...

*snape barges in*

I love it That should definitely happen if they decide to do something like that.

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live AgainOne shots
Old September 5th, 2010, 2:21 am
Second Year

Or they could quite possibly have a long winded and complicated speech about defeating death that makes perfect sense, but no one listens because it's so long, so someone cuts them off in the middles and goes "yeah yeah." I could see that happening as well.

www.wizardinglife.com

"What do you mean I'm not brave in bed?!"
-Harry Potter [OTP]

"Accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often."
-Albus Dumbledore [HBP]
Old September 5th, 2010, 8:33 pm
First Year

Am I the only one who likes the idea of a Marauder's Era musical? It would be pretty cool, and if they wanted to keep the three main characters in the musical, then they could put in another time-travelling frame. I kind of want to see a Marauders bromance.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://api.ning.com/files/QPTid2ZOHI4kg5n68R-j6f7KqJHZH1R5nNpkrFBEVWGTTW2C3dq3O1g4eC-tAp3pCzi2wog3yvv6JpNPjVLMC22WxTKaubQI/Hufflepuff.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wiccantogether.com/group/hufflepuffhouse&usg=__G8AhsjOLlSSaECbmSasHhHxjo7U=  &h=279&w=280&sz=35&hl=en&start=1&sig2=YiaUyybZjRdk  m241QSmSrQ&zoom=1&tbnid=ec_pFvyznBHxeM:&tbnh=114&t  bnw=114&ei=oBZ-TI6AL4f24AaF4Zj1BQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhufflepuff%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26clien  t%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1014%26bih%3D663%26t  **%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

Check out my fanfics; http://www.fanfiction.net/~phoebecaulfield16
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:17 pm
First Year

I was thinking possible future stuff. With the kids at Hogwarts. Make complete similarities with Harry/Ron/Hermione/Ginny/Draco's children, to the characters they played in the first two. They could make up whatever they want within reason then, in regards to the musical. Also I don't believe we ever saw anything in particular regarding the Ministry of Magic in AVPM/AVPS. So they could do part of it showing Ron/Hermione/Harry's jobs at the Ministry and their kids at Hogwarts. Perhaps. Maybe too much?! No, nothing is too much for those guys.

Old September 5th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Second Year

I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't got round to watching even the first musical -.-

When you 'bless my cotton socks,' please don't bless my cotton socks.

I wear Gold - Plated, diamond encrusted ones!

So indeed, it should be....'Bless your gold - plated, diamond encrusted socks'.

Toodles.

Proud member of GSWIA! (Guys Sound Wow with an Irish Accent!)
Old September 6th, 2010, 2:27 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattoad View Post
I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't got round to watching even the first musical -.-
Don't be ashamed. Its not like broadway or anything. I really don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't sit and watch the whole thing on you tube let alone actually go out and see these people.

Old September 6th, 2010, 3:00 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveMagic View Post
Yes! Can't you just imagine the following:

*snape barges in*

That would be perfect! I love Snape so much in AVPM and AVPS!

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:17 am
First Year

Umbridge is my favourite Does any one know the name of The actor is playing it?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies