Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Old February 5th, 2007, 5:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

WARNING: This is a spoiler free area. For all Deathly Hallows discussion, please head to The Deathly Hallows Forum. Any posts in this thread that are considered to be spoilers shall be deleted by staff. Thank you.

Here's your Shiny new edition of one the most troubling questions that weighs on our minds.

Thread Rules
1. Please treat other members with respect. There will be no bashing of other members or their ideas. If you disagree with somone please provide canon evidence and do so without condescension or bickering.
2. No character bashing. You can say "I believe Sirius/Snape/the Giant Squid acted in such and such way in this scene" but please do not make blanket statements about any of the characters like "Snape is an evil slimy git" or "Sirius is a vain loser"
3. We are prohibiting the use of non-canon sources in this thread. Non-canon sources include song lyrics, fiction by other authors, historical events etc.
4. Staff reserves the right to ban members from this thread either permanently or temporarily if we feel they are not following these rules. You will be given a warning via owl or via official warning points before you are asked to leave the thread.

Now that we know who has died in Book Six, we must now come to terms with that and face up to the harsh reality of book seven, the final book and also the book where many more deaths, maybe some major, definitely minor will be taking place. You may discuss these theories here.

Reference: Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v3

Last Few Posts:    

Quote:
Okay I believe that Voldemort will be "gone" but remeber how DD said that death is not the worst thing in life, so maybe Voldemort gets sent someone maybe beyond the veil but is not "exactly" dead it seems liek a good way to punish don't you think what with all those years being practically dead and slowing moving his way back up to a kinda of being.

Sorry i didint mean to presss enter
Continuingnow,
I Personally dont think Harry will die only becuase i cant, if Harry dies then what was the point i mean he greived practically his whole life to die at such a young age, i dont think JK would do that but i mean i see why people think Harry might die you know to sacrifice himself for the greater good but come on guys noone wnats him dead so believe he wont maybe a little hope might help! LOL
I also do not think H or R will die only belive the thing Voldemort cant stand is love and they have it and everyone knows it and its strong, therefore H and R's love will help with the whole Bye Bye Volemort thing.
Everyone is saying how Lupin might die but how it would be sad becuase of Tanks well i have a thought that maybe they BOTH die i eman maybe together but it would make sense if V wanted Lupin dead if Tonka died with him whats the point because they died together and in love it would "kill" ( in a sense) V becuase he HATES love.
I think Prof. M will die out of the Prof's becuase she has been kinda of like a mother figure in a way protecting H and looking out for him, plus i cant bear to think Hagrid woudl die, it hurts just thinking about it.
as for the "BADGUYS!" i think both malfoys will die and Bellatrix (hopefully by Neville!!!)
Now on to the weird one SNAPE okay if snape is good i think he will die trying to protect someone like he tryed to protect the trio ( in POA) but this time die for it. Bad snape weill die but on by one of the ORder or Trio, becuase Harry knows he killed DD he might tell everyone exactly what happened and maybe someone will just kill him, or something a little more complicated but still.
Now i also think Neville will die, i think this becuase i dont think Harry will die and therefore i think Neville will, maybe there is a twist in the Profacy and maybe Neville dies so Harry can kill Voldemort, and thereofre proving he is a NOBLE wizard, like his mom and dad.
Quote:
Quote:
I also do not think H or R will die only belive the thing Voldemort cant stand is love and they have it and everyone knows it and its strong, therefore H and R's love will help with the whole Bye Bye Volemort thing.
I really want to believe that, but sadly, I think it will be the other way round...
They've spent so much time 'evading' their feelings for eachother, their love, that I think the moment they finally accept it and realize they're meant to be together, then one of them will die... Some kind of destiny's irony...

Also, I think Harry will survive because he had given up his only source of happiness (Ginny) to protect her, which is an act of extreme love... And we all know that love is what's been saving him all this time!
Quote:
I don't think Harry, Ron, or Hermione will die, while Wormtail and Greyback will.

And let the discussion continue...

No spoilers allowed in these areas. Please make sure you've read our Deathly Hallows Conduct Notice!

Last edited by gertiekeddle; July 23rd, 2007 at 6:09 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2007, 8:06 am
Second Year

Re: Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Voldemort - Obviously.
Snape - In a failed attempt to usurp the Dark Lord, which may ultimately help Harry.
Wormtail - Sacrificing himself and attaining redemption.
Bellatrix, Fenrir, Lucius, and most of the Deatheaters.
Many Ministry and Order people - Moody, Shacklebolt, Umbridge, etc (basically extras).

Sorry, but I don't see any of the trio dying, nor Lupin or Hagrid. Ironically, I don't see Draco dying either. We might lose a Weasley or two, however.

Last edited by Dominor4; February 5th, 2007 at 8:11 am.
Old February 5th, 2007, 8:54 am
First Year

Oh this is fun! I love these forums, i cant believe i only got into them until now...

I just posted something about this in "Will HARRY die in DH...?"

And i really must say it again, no amount of guess work or analysing will make any of these lean towards a yes or no answer, we can only hope that the characters that we do like manage to survive.

I mean, JK has a brilliant mind, she can trick us and make us belive things right until the very last minute when we find the real answers in the book. Think back to HBP, there was so mcuh guess work involved as to was the Half Blood Prince was...did any of us guess that it was Snape? I dont think so...Did any of us even think that there was some tiny possibility that it was Snape? Again i dont think so...

I just hope that these four characters dont die:

Harry
Ron
Hermione
Ginny.

Obviously, i would prefer if NO ONE died, but what kind of Harry Potter book will it be if someone didnt?

"Dreams are hopeless aspirations, in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up to me and you"

~ Lisa Lopes
Old February 5th, 2007, 6:51 pm
Seventh Year

A shiny new version of this thread I have been trying to avoid like it was a Blast Ended Skrewt, but as DH draws nearer I think I have to face the unavoidable: we will lose at least one beloved character.

Here is my guess:

Voldemort
Wormtail
Lucius
Bellatrix
other DEs

Hagrid
Molly
Moody and/or Mundungus
Luna

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:30 pm
Second Year

ive stopped thinking about what "good guy' will die because, honestly, i dont want to think about it AND jo ha surprised me so far..

so bad guys? Voldermort (as if we didnt all see that coming), Bellatrix, Wormtail, and at least one Malfoy, as well as several others

and i hope fenrir!

Old February 6th, 2007, 1:17 am
First Year

hmm. Draco and possibly Snape are going to die for the general benefit of the Order, either out of sacrifice for their reformed cause (the order) or for being an obstruction to their objective.
McGonagall or possibly Hagrid will die, but not til the end because they still have use to Harry as informants and the like.
A trio member will die at the climax because Harry needs to suffer a close personal loss (other than Sirius, try more like one of the only friends he's ever known) for the series to end right, but it really can't be Ron because he has most definitely not come into his own yet and I don't think he can in time for him to die in the book. More like Hermione's death will help him grow up. on the other hand, he could eventually come into his own and die at the end, leaving with a more personal loss for hermione, which would greatly improve the deeper aspects of her character.
On the other other hand (lol), I could definitely see one of the Weasleys dying, most likely Percy (to show his brothers [and himself] how much family means), preferrably for the sake of his family. or Ginny, but that'd be a bit much for Harry I think. I don't think Harry will die, although i have no support for this one, just a gut feeling.

Old February 6th, 2007, 4:03 am
First Year

I'm thinking Bellatrix will die, too.

"Oh, come on. You heard them, just behind the veil, didnít you?"
Old February 6th, 2007, 4:53 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by amafaiope View Post
I'm thinking Bellatrix will die, too.
yeah, that too ^^

Old February 6th, 2007, 6:51 am
Fifth Year

Hmmm who will die
Bad Guys:
Voldemort, Wormtail, Lucius, Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange, Rookwood, Macnair, and Fenrir

Good Guys:
Hagrid, Bill and/or Charlie Weasly, Percy Weasly, Neville, Moody, Shacklebolt, Hestia Jones, Dedalus Diggle, Mundungus Fletcher, Arabella Figg and bunches of Aurors.

I don't think that McGonagall, Lupin or Tonks will die. And neither will Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred or George, Molly or Arthur.

"You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass"-Gandalf the Grey

A Man Gets Tired Up To The Brow, He Gives The World It's Saddest Sound. - Simon & Garfunkel
Old February 6th, 2007, 8:33 am
Banned

Quote:
I don't think that McGonagall, Lupin or Tonks will die. And neither will Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred or George, Molly or Arthur.
There's a helpline announced because a couple of the characters who will die have been deemed potentially traumatic for the younger readers. This definitely points to a member of the trio and/or one of the most loved non-trio. For the trio, we have our money on Hermione, just because she's such an important tactical partner, whereas Ron is "just the best friend". Ron may die saving one of them, but otherwise I see something like him being the one Voldemort manipulates to be the traitor and ending up in Azkaban.

Outside of the Trio, I would shed the most tears for Hagrid, Lupin, McGonical, Neville and any Weasley but Ginny and Percy. I don't know why, but the thought of Ginny snuffing it makes me smile- I can just see her doing some stupid, arrogant thing that gets her killed with absolutely no difficulty. I can also see Ron and Percy both getting killed doing something stupid that does more to satisfy personal ego than it ever will to help Harry, the ministry or the order.

Old February 6th, 2007, 3:14 pm
Triple Threat in Third Place

I don't expect that the Dursleys (one or all) will not escape death. In every book, the Dursleys have encountered more and more of the wizarding world.

Harry is protected at the Dursley's home because Lily and Petunia share the same blood. Harry will remain protected until he reaches 17, as Dumbledore tells them. I wonder if LV, one of the DEs or maybe an Inferi will strike the Dursley family in hopes that he/they will be able to break that bond of protection and be able to destroy Harry. Everyone in the Wizengamot knows the dementors showed up near Harry's "home"...why wouldn't someone associated with LV know too and realize that they can reach Harry here.

Dudley is the first in the family (with the exception of Harry) to be attacked by something evil (dementors). What I've wondered is why Harry and Dudley weren't protected from the dementors (dementoids). Was it because they weren't actually in the house? Was it because Umbridge sent the dementors and their orders didn't come directly from LV?

Old February 6th, 2007, 3:49 pm
First Year

Lucius and Snape will die. Lucius by Draco's hand and Snape by Neville's. Snape is BAD! Lupin will kill Greyback with the sacrafice of his own life. I think Narcissa will kill Bellatrix because of a comment made about Draco killing Lucius. Lord Voldemort will kill Wormtail. I believe that Hagrid will be killed by giants and Olympe will do some damage in a love filled rage. Fudge MUST DIE. Whoever kills him I don't care! Harry will not be around to save Arthur this time. Stan Shunpike will die by getting in the middle of things trying to be a hero. Thats all I can think of right now.
In my perfect HP world Lucius, Snape and Lord Voldemort defeat the OTP and rule the wizarding world. Long live the Death Eaters and the Sith!

I HAVE BEEN MARKED!
My Star Wars tattoos are here...http://www.myspace.com/retardgrind
Old February 6th, 2007, 7:12 pm
Second Year

omgg after todays announcement.. im sure harry is gonna die.. "end of harrys story.. " omg.. why would she write that...hes DEEAAAAAAAADDDD!!

Old February 6th, 2007, 7:37 pm
Third Year

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Harry might die. There have just been too many hints. And I always worry that the chess scene in SS/PS was foreshadowing and that Ron will have to sacrifice himself so Harry can go on.

I'm guessing that Voldemort will suffer a fate worse than death--I don't care what it is, I just want him vanquished. I also think Snape will die, but I'm not sure if it will be proving he is good or not.

I'm going to work hard to gain some perspective between now and July 21 so I don't have to call that DH helpline on July 22.

Old February 6th, 2007, 7:40 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaWeasley View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but I think Harry might die. There have just been too many hints. And I always worry that the chess scene in SS/PS was foreshadowing and that Ron will have to sacrifice himself so Harry can go on.

I'm guessing that Voldemort will suffer a fate worse than death--I don't care what it is, I just want him vanquished. I also think Snape will die, but I'm not sure if it will be proving he is good or not.

I'm going to work hard to gain some perspective between now and July 21 so I don't have to call that DH helpline on July 22.
i agree. im having a mental breakdown after what she just said on her diary.. he is soo dead.i cant really believe she really wil kill him. i had a feeling when he said to dumbledore that he would take as many as he could with him ..he will die.

Old February 6th, 2007, 7:50 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Yeah, today's announcement doesn't look good for Harry. Who are JK's favorite characters? She might also be referring to them, when she talks of mourning. I don't have all the transcripts of interviews, etc with her in front of me, so I don't know if she's ever answered that question. The doom-n-gloom of that announcement could also be a red herring - she seems to like those .

Old February 6th, 2007, 8:49 pm
Banned

Quote:
She might also be referring to them, when she talks of mourning.
"It would concern the reader, little, perhaps, to know how sorrowfully the pen is laid down at the end of a two years' imaganitive task..."

She's talking of that- she just spent seventeen years passionately working on this, and it's over. I think everything on there was about the books, and everyone's reading a bit too much into the wordplay, hoping to find a clue. What she's saying is that she always knew she'd be closing the door on this forever after DH was finished, but she had to reach this point to know how hard it would be to say goodbye. However, she does find solace in that DH will be always be her favourite and the most important to her.

That's all it's saying... getting back on topic:

Quote:
There have been just as many clues that Harry will live as there have been that he'll die... It's the same with Ron and Hermione- there's plenty of clues that one (both?) of them will die, but there's also plenty of clues that valor may have nothing to do with it- if it's Ron, he may simply run into something he's not smart enough to solve while he's alone and fail, payng his life as the price. Hermione, being muggle-born could simply be caught off-guard and killed by someone who's offended by her lineage (like Lucius or snape-if he's evil). Just a couple examples of likely ways for them to snuff it that have nothing to do with the type of valor you describe.

While the thought of valliant deaths are helping some people brace for Ron, Hermione, Neville and Lupin... chances are it's just going to happen. Remember that in the Ministry, Hermione was taken out by a DE's non-verbal spell because she didn't see him- she almost died fighting by Harry's side, but it wasn't a noble near-death, it was a coward's lucky strike.

Last edited by Darklordknows; February 6th, 2007 at 11:16 pm.
Old February 6th, 2007, 9:06 pm
Sixth Year

Here's the whole text from Rowling's site, just to be clear [italics quoting Dickens, bold and underline emphasis mine]:

"FEBRUARY 6th

Charles Dickens put it better than I ever could:

'It would concern the reader little, perhaps, to know how sorrowfully the pen is laid down at the close of a two-years' imaginative task; or how an Author feels as if he were dismissing some portion of himself into the shadowy world, when a crowd of the creatures of his brain are going from him for ever.'

"To which I can only sigh, try seventeen years, Charles...

"I always knew that Harry's story would end with the seventh book, but saying goodbye has been just as hard as I always knew it would be. Even while I'm mourning, though, I feel an incredible sense of achievement. I can hardly believe that I've finally written the ending I've been planning for so many years. I've never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric.

"Some of you have expressed a (much more muted!) mixture of happiness and sadness at the prospect of the last book being published, and that has meant more than I can tell you. If it comes as any consolation, I think that there will be plenty to continue arguing and speculating about, even after 'Deathly Hallows' comes out. So if you're not yet ready to quit the message boards, do not despair...

"I'm almost scared to admit this, but one thing has stopped me collapsing in a puddle of misery on the floor. While each of the previous Potter books has strong claims on my affections, 'Deathly Hallows' is my favourite, and that is the most wonderful way to finish the series."

There's a lot of ways to read that, but DO note she used the word 'euphoric'. That is important, and so is saying the finish is "wonderful".

Old February 6th, 2007, 11:28 pm
First Year

When i heard that bit bout jos husband saying "no not that one" it sounded to me almost like he was talking about someone dying out of a group or family or something like maybe
- One of the twins dies.
-One of the trio
-one of the teachers
-member of the order
-one of the weaslys

What do you guys think?

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The whole week leading up to july 21st weeping and crying......

J.K.Rowling you made my childhood... thankyou.
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:43 pm
Squee-worthy

I just read for the first time, and it just occured to me for the first time that Luna could die. I really hope she doesn't, however, it would make sense. She apparently is not afraid of death. She is the one who said "you heard them, just beyond the veil." I really hope Jo does "pull a Sirius" meaning put a character in, and kill them two books later, however, if she does it could work well, I just hope, if Luna dies she dies fighting or in some way like that.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies