Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial

What Movie 5 Means For Book 7

Old December 28th, 2006, 6:33 am
First Year

Re: What Movie 5 Means For Book 7

any one have any thoughts now that we have the book title??

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2006, 6:50 am
Banned

I think the book might come out a few months after the next movie. All Hallows Eve (Halloween) sounds like a good time to me after all the book title has Hallows in it.

Old December 28th, 2006, 4:56 pm
First Year

I have been reading on the ETR (estimated time of release) of Deathly Hallows and one question not being asked (or answered) which I think is really important is: HOW MUCH TIME PRIOR TO RELEASE OF THE OTHER BOOKS WAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT MADE CONCERNING THE DATE OF RELEASE?

For example, I think it would give us a really good indication of when the book will come out by looking at when the release of the Half-Blood Prince was announced. Was there 6 months before release, 12 months, 3 months?

My gut reaction to a possible 7/707 release is that it isn't feasible. JKR is still writing which means edits have yet to be made. Lets say, best case scenario, the book is finalized on March 1, 2007. That would leave only 3 months prior to release for advertising, planning, and all of the other hoopla that accompanies a potter release.

Does anyone have that kind of info? If we know how long the announcement came before release of the other books, we can count backward from the possible dates to see if a release on that date is feasible.

********I hadn't read Obsessor's comment but I think that the timing for HBP makes it clear that a release of DH will not come until late next year (October 31st? - just in time for Xmas shopping) at the earliest. It may make sense to market the DVD version of GOF at the same time as the release of DH to capitalize on the peak interest in the series.

Last edited by damcdono; December 28th, 2006 at 5:13 pm.
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:09 pm
First Year

My opinion is that the movie and book will be released within days of each other. That way both will be a stunning success.I'm excited as I await the summer ,since I am a crazy potter fan 24/7!!!

Old January 18th, 2007, 8:34 pm
Second Year

I don't think anyone has pointed out that the release of the film matches up with the start of the summer holidays for schools in the UK, which is obviously when all the kids will suddenly have lots of time on their hands to go and watch it! You would think that around that time would be the best time for the book to come out too. I'd like a 07-07-07 release (the sooner the better!). I don't think that date should be ruled out because of the anniversary of the London bombings. On the first anniversary it could have been seen as a bit disrespectful but not so (in my opinion) for the second anniversary. However, I reckon Harry's/Jo's birthday may be the best bet -- we can watch the 5th film and have enough time to reread the 6th book ready for the Grand Finale!

Old January 25th, 2007, 3:32 am
Second Year

I was almost convinced until I read about 07/07/07 being the anniversary of the London bombings. When Book 6 came out right after the bombings, Jo said that she had been planning to read the chapter "The Other Minister" at her reading, but due to the events, she chose the chapter about Fred and George's joke shop. So I do think she is sensitive to what that day means to people, and I doubt she would make that the release date.

I also do think that having the book and the movie come out within 6 days of each other would be too much. Each would overshadow the other, whereas releasing them separately would make fans focused just on each one. Some other poster was right - two deaths happen in this book; it WILL be tragic. Maybe we'll just want to stay at home and mourn. If the characters who die are in book 5, will we really want to go and see them on film? We are so in tune with Harry's world that what affects him affects us, and I know that I would still be getting over characters' deaths by six days after reading about them. I would not be going to that movie.

Really, I guess, all this speculation is rather pointless. When it happens, it will happen, and I doubt us COSers will have much say in it.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old February 1st, 2007, 5:06 pm
First Year

This just in: Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows will come out on July 21, 2007.

Pat yourself on the back, Damon. You were... well, not exactly right, but close, anyway.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 4:24 am
First Year

I think you can consider yourself vindicated, Damon! A week after rather than a week before doesn't change your reasoning.

It's interesting that some people's objections were the London bombing and the book coming out before the movie. They were right, too!

Old February 2nd, 2007, 6:43 pm
First Year

Although you were off by 3 weeks there is a correlation to be made between the OOtP Movie and book 7. I beleive that 1. Jo is in control of the distributors of the book and the movies. She never set out to be rich, but set out to deliver a clear message to the people. Now that her story is so successful she would not want that message to be thawrted because of the desire for corporate profits. 2. Recall that Jo said that she cringed at giving to much away in OOtP as related to the Final installment. I dont think she wanted there to be too much of a seperation in the release of the OOtP movie and the release of HPDH, so she would not have to avoid obvious questions that would give away the finla install. The movies are pared down versions of the books whch means that the clues given in the movies are closer tothe essential pieces of the puzzle. So the questiion is begged.....we learned a lot in HBP, but have we gone back and done a thorough look at what she meant by giving away too much in OOtP...What did she mean????

Old February 10th, 2007, 11:16 pm
First Year

my favorite harry potter book is ootp and i have read it zillions of times :D so i have loads of speculations. :hmm: That book is packed with clues!!!!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > MuggleNet Editorials > General Editorial