Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

Old January 6th, 2011, 8:43 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

I don't want the film to only take place over one 24 hour period. I think it could cause pacing issues. That doesn't mean that they won't do it though. I think it is a possibility. It would mean that things were cut from the film though like the conversations with Ollivander and Griphook which happen the day that the trio arrive at Shell Cottage. It was also suggest the cut of Lupin visiting Shell Cottage to share about the birth of his child.

For these reasons i think it is unlikely that the film will be only one 24 hour period, but i do still think it is a possibility even though i don't like it.

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:33 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I don't want the film to only take place over one 24 hour period. I think it could cause pacing issues. That doesn't mean that they won't do it though. I think it is a possibility. It would mean that things were cut from the film though like the conversations with Ollivander and Griphook which happen the day that the trio arrive at Shell Cottage. It was also suggest the cut of Lupin visiting Shell Cottage to share about the birth of his child.

For these reasons i think it is unlikely that the film will be only one 24 hour period, but i do still think it is a possibility even though i don't like it.
Well, we know the Ollivander and Griphook conversations will be included due to the first trailer we had on the HBP DVD.

And assuming the recently released script from DH1 was legitimate, they had planned to have Lupin tell Harry about being Godfather and everything during the wedding, but it was ultimately cut. I suppose they may have just changed it around to fit with the book's version of things though.

Old January 7th, 2011, 4:51 am
Registered Animagus

I am not sure that we can know what is cut at this point though as i said i agree that it seems unlikely that they will cut the Ollivander and Griphook scenes which suggests to me that Part 2 will not be all in one day.

Old January 7th, 2011, 5:09 am
Third Year

I think at the very least they will imply that the Trio will have been at the Shell Cottage for over a week planning Gringotts with Griphook. I certainly hope they have in depth conversation during this time about what the horcrux/es may be and come to the right conclusion.

I am a Harry and Luna Fan. My ship may have sunk but my love goes on.

Ya know Daniel Radcliffe is really good at fake drowning.
Old January 8th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Banned

once something is in a traiker its usually in the film for good

Old January 17th, 2011, 9:24 pm
Second Year

I hope they include as much of the book qualities in the film, and also that the trio figure out what and where the Horcruxes are instead of just finding them by accident ("Oh look, that cup, it looks like it could be a Horcrux! Let's take it!")

"Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"

Proud Hufflepuff

Friend -- For the Greater Good
Old February 5th, 2011, 1:36 pm
Second Year

I hope they got the Epilogue right - it's one of my all-time favourite Potter moments and it's going to be such a bittersweet moment - it's the end of an era but at the same time it's a beautiful scene.

"if you attempt to - er - 'bring me in by force', I will have to hurt you" - Albus Dumbledore.

"We could have all been killed - or worse, expelled." - Hermione Granger.

"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have." - Hermione Granger

"Every child in our world will know his name!" - Minerva McGonagall

Proud RAVENCLAW.
Old February 5th, 2011, 2:17 pm
Third Year

One of the scenes in the Battle of Hogwarts I'm really looking forward to is when Luna, Ernie, and Seamus save the trio from the dementors. I know we haven't really met Ernie so maybe it could be Dean or another member of the DA the audience is a bit more familiar with, but I would love to see this. I adore every moment in the books where - as awesome as our three heroes are - somebody else saves them. Whether it's Dobby or Neville or Molly or Luna, Ernie, and Seamus, I just love how the last people you would expect rally up and do these awesome things.

I'm hoping that makes the film (though I realize there's about a 5% chance I will see it onscreen).

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."
Old February 5th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Third Year

Hope they do all the emotional scenes right, like Snape's death, The Prince's tale, the walk through the forest, not to talk about the epilogue. As long as these scenes are done right, and we have some good battle scenes, the movie should be good

"The stories we love best, do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by
the big screen, Hogwarts will allways be there to welcome you home"

- JK Rowling
Old February 5th, 2011, 4:04 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
They had better not edit out Molly's awesome line during her battle with Bellatrix.
I'm going to make a shirt with her infamous line and wear it to the midnight show

Old February 5th, 2011, 6:30 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
One of the scenes in the Battle of Hogwarts I'm really looking forward to is when Luna, Ernie, and Seamus save the trio from the dementors. I know we haven't really met Ernie so maybe it could be Dean or another member of the DA the audience is a bit more familiar with, but I would love to see this. I adore every moment in the books where - as awesome as our three heroes are - somebody else saves them. Whether it's Dobby or Neville or Molly or Luna, Ernie, and Seamus, I just love how the last people you would expect rally up and do these awesome things.

I'm hoping that makes the film (though I realize there's about a 5% chance I will see it onscreen).
I love this part too! It was such a touching moment with Luna encouraging Harry to conjour the patronus.

Well, they're including something as minor as Lavender getting attacked by Greyback, so I think there's definitely a good chance they would keep this as well.

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Old February 5th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Sixth Year

I see them dividing the movie into 4 or 5 main scenes: Expository and Gringotts/Hogsmeade and more expository/Hogwarts and ensuing battle (includes looking for the diadem)/forest-Snape-Voldy and Kings Cross 'death' scene./Final showdown and epilogue. If you think of it this way you can easily imagine how many minor points will be lost.

Old February 5th, 2011, 7:49 pm
Second Year

I hope they do they get the epilogue right too. It's a big part because it proves that the wizarding world is safe.

Old February 6th, 2011, 2:21 pm
First Year

I'm looking forward to The Prince's tale and the part where Snape dies (especially "look at me") and I really really hope they have done these parts well, but I don't really have high expectations as the films have always been quite a disappointment. :/

Old February 6th, 2011, 4:12 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishorchips View Post
I'm most likely in a tiny minority but I'm actually starting to feel as though I would rather they cut the epilogue altogether, or at least a 19 years in the future epilogue. I don't really have a great desire to see the characters looking older, no matter how well the make-up and effects might be, and I'm sure that between them the filmmakers could come up with a very good ending, showing that they have their whole lives to live in front of them without shoving it down our throats with an epilogue where everything has turned out rosy. What does the epilogue show? That Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione are happily married, that Draco has redeemed himself, that Harry is a good godfather to Teddy and that Harry believes Snape to be the bravest man he ever knew. That can all be hinted at otherwise, obviously not the actual marriage stuff but at least that they're together.

I could edit my last post but I feel like bumping the thread.

I don't mind the epilogue, but it's not the most important thing for me. I don't feel invested in it being very long. I can't imagine it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorey1 View Post
thanks!

it all makes sense to me now.

...although i do wonder whether this whole repetition thing of "you've got your mother's eyes" was planted by Rowling for this exact scene?

in that case, yates really better make sure the snape scenes are well done!

I can't imagine why else the "you've got your mother's eyes" was a theme.

Old February 6th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Second Year

Well, my greatest hope would be that they avoid the mistakes they did in Part I pertaining to the exposition and the use of minor characters. In part I too many new/almost forgotten persons were included without really having much useful to do in the film - they were only there a short time to provide some bit of exposition. These include for instance Mundugus Fletcher, Grindelwald and Dobby. I would have preferred that either their parts were given to already well established or more important characters, or that their roles were expanded to make them contribute more meaningfully to the film. This would probably also have given the film a better flow.

I don´t know how reasonable it is to hope for this, given how many characters who already seem to be confirmed as participating in part II. I hope they will be seen just quickly or more in the background so as not to obstruct the main action.

Since individual Death Eathers and their collaborators were used very effectively in part I, (Yaxley, Runcorn, the leader of the snatchers, Pius Thicknesse) I hope that the film makers are able to use them just as well in part II - for instance some of them could be seen and add tension to the part where the Trio in disguise are about to enter Gringotts.

Old February 6th, 2011, 7:57 pm
Registered Animagus

I think they should be kept mostly in the background also though i want to see the kids fight so some nice spells would be great. No exposition though about who everyone is. At this point you either know or who cares if you know.

Old June 21st, 2011, 9:55 pm
First Year

What Scene In DH Part 2 Are YOU Most Looking Forward To?

EDIT: The previous post of mine was not a post on this thread, because I have never posted on this thread before. It was a thread of my own that I had made but it was placed in this one, for some odd reason which makes no sense whatsoever. I'm becoming wary of this forum.

Last edited by NoobTwinz5; July 16th, 2011 at 3:06 am. Reason: I did not post here. This was in a thread of my own, but it was placed here inexplicably. I did not put it here.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References