Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v.10

Old February 23rd, 2012, 8:01 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Pottermore v.10

Looks like JKR still intends to add her e-books to Pottermore, but the most recent article still doesn't give a date when.

It does say she's writing an adult novel now - unrelated to HP.

Quote:
"We are pleased to announce that as part of our long term strategy for Harry Potter we intend to publish illustrated editions of all seven Harry Potter books in a rolling program from 2013 onwards in addition to our partnership on e-books with the Pottermore website," the publisher said in a statement. In the U.S., Scholastic spokeswoman Kyle Good noted that Scholastic didn't publish adult books.
http://www.komonews.com/news/enterta...140148583.html

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2012, 8:03 am
Third Year

^ Does that mention of 2013 suggest that we probably won't see the 2nd book on the site until then?

Also, yeah, interesting about the adult book she's going to come out with....I just wonder what an adult book from her would be like considering that although Harry Potter are said to be children's books, they really were quite dark at times and really people of all ages could enjoy them.

Also this is kind of random but you know how Pottermore sometimes gets you to type in various words to prove that you are human every so often when you do duels? Well, it just made me type in my boyfriend's name....talk about random. o_o

Old February 27th, 2012, 10:46 am
Embroidered by imaginatio

You can discuss JKR's new book here.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old February 28th, 2012, 2:21 am
Seventh Year

Finally - some confirmation that the e-books may soon be available....

Quote:
OverDrive, Inc. announced that it will be releasing all seven Harry Potter books on e-book format, via Pottermore, in over 20 languages at more than 18,000 libraries, as soon as the Harry Potter interactive site is open to the public.
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...e-opens-88587/

ETA

I just read the full press release, and I believe the source above is incorrect. Overdrive will be furnishing the e-books to public libraries and schools. It says nothing about the books on the Pottermore website itself.

http://www.overdrive.com/News/Harry-...ough-OverDrive

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown

Last edited by MerryLore; February 28th, 2012 at 3:03 am.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:02 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
Finally - some confirmation that the e-books may soon be available....

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...e-opens-88587/

ETA

I just read the full press release, and I believe the source above is incorrect. Overdrive will be furnishing the e-books to public libraries and schools. It says nothing about the books on the Pottermore website itself.

http://www.overdrive.com/News/Harry-...ough-OverDrive
Yeah, I just saw a similar link about it here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...html?ref=books

The fact that the e-books are going to be available soon on other places outside of Pottermore makes me feel even more like Pottermore is just taking so long that they're going ahead with making the e-books available outside of Pottermore first even though it looks like won't be available to actually purchase outside of Pottermore.

EDIT:

By the way on another note....on Pottermore the only potion I ever make is Cure for Boils. Are the other ones much harder? Since there is no option to practice the others before actually attempting them I've always been afraid of messing them up and exploding my cauldron or something or another. Especially after that potion loop glitch I was stuck in for more than 3 months.

Last edited by Kathleen Malfoy; February 28th, 2012 at 11:06 pm.
Old February 29th, 2012, 1:41 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Malfoy View Post
The fact that the e-books are going to be available soon on other places outside of Pottermore makes me feel even more like Pottermore is just taking so long that they're going ahead with making the e-books available outside of Pottermore first even though it looks like won't be available to actually purchase outside of Pottermore.
I'm trying to be optimistic. It does mean that the e-books are ready, so hopefully they're getting ready to move the site out of Beta. If the next new release is that the e-books will be sold online through a source other than Pottermore, I'd say the site will close. I'm hoping we'll hear something next month.

Quote:
By the way on another note....on Pottermore the only potion I ever make is Cure for Boils. Are the other ones much harder? Since there is no option to practice the others before actually attempting them I've always been afraid of messing them up and exploding my cauldron or something or another. Especially after that potion loop glitch I was stuck in for more than 3 months.
I only brew Wideye or Awakening Potion. It's worth 9 points. If you can work the temperature gage on any other potion, you should be fine on this one. The second part is very easy - simply add 2 of one ingredient and stir 3 times counter clock wise. Plus - Dried Billywig Stings and Wolfsbane can be re-found in Chapter 8 at Hagrid's.

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old February 29th, 2012, 3:16 am
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Malfoy View Post

I think Antidote to Common Poisons is very easy. It only takes 5 seconds of heat, so it is almost impossible to overheat. A unicorn horn is expensive but makes about 50 potions. And you can get a bezoar in the hospital wing chapter.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old February 29th, 2012, 4:42 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I think Antidote to Common Poisons is very easy. It only takes 5 seconds of heat, so it is almost impossible to overheat. A unicorn horn is expensive but makes about 50 potions. And you can get a bezoar in the hospital wing chapter.
You can also get mistletoe berries from the Christmas chapter.

Honestly, if you have a good handle on the heating/cooling buttons, I don't think that the Sleeping Draught is very hard to brew either - you just have to click about every 3 seconds alternating back and forth for 30 seconds during the first part. (It also has a heating phase on the 2nd half, but that one's easy.) The only annoyance is making sure not to put the lavender in the wrong container, but I think it can be easier than not adding too many mistletoe berries in Antidote or the Billywig Stings in Wideye.

You get the most points overall from Sleeping Draught, Antidote is most time-efficient (most points per minute invested), and Wideye is most cost-efficient.

Of all the potions, I think either Herbicide was hardest: I had difficulties during the second stage, adding the items while still on the heat. If you have problems with tipping containers into the cauldron, Forgetfulness is hard. Of course, practice may have something to do with it - I've brewed over 100 Sleeping Draughts but only 1 Forgetfulness and 1 Herbicide!

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old February 29th, 2012, 5:03 pm
First Year

Well I cant wait to get into pottermore. It sounds like everyone is having fun.

Old March 5th, 2012, 2:35 am
First Year

They are eventually going to let everyone else join right?

I mean before the next millennium? lol

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself"
Albus Dumbeldor

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are"
Kurt Cobain

Old March 7th, 2012, 6:31 am
Third Year

Okay thanks for the potions help everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRavenclaw View Post
They are eventually going to let everyone else join right?

I mean before the next millennium? lol
I'd like to hope so. The uncertainty is annoying. x_x

______

Also I'm getting rather annoyed that they only show the top 20 scorers in each house in the Great Hall section.

I mean only showing the top 20 is a very very limited amount of people....I find it pretty near impossible to get into the top 20. Wait until everyone else gets on the site....then the only people in the top 20 will probably only be people who spend almost all their time on Pottermore.

They used to show the position of everyone in the house(and I wish my potion hadn't been frozen back then because I was constantly just falling in the ranks and could do nothing about it at all since dueling was down and I couldn't make potions for over 3 months). I mean I wish they would at least show the top 100....or at least the top 50. Showing only the top 20 pretty much means you will probably never be able to get there. I have nearly 17,000 house points but I'd still have to almost double that to be in the current last spot of the top 20 Hufflepuffs.

I know it's probably funny that I care at all about this competition stuff when I'm a Hufflepuff.....but I think it's the ambitious Slytherin side coming out in me there a little since that's the other house I relate to. lol.

On the note about house points though it's interesting that the top 20 Gryffindors is currently easier to get into than the top 20 Hufflepuffs because the person in the final spot in the top 20 Gryffindors has about 5,000 points less than the person in the final spot in the top 20 Hufflepuffs.....but the Gryffindors are ahead of Hufflepuff in overall house points so I guess more house points in Gryffindor are being carried by specific individuals where as with Hufflepuff the total points of the house are spread across more members.

Last edited by Kathleen Malfoy; March 7th, 2012 at 6:36 am.
Old March 7th, 2012, 6:48 am
First Year

Listen, I am sorry to have come on her guns blazing and all up in arms about pottermore not being available. I just know a lot of my friends from here were in the original group that got admitted and they are most likely all there now instead of here and I just miss them is all.
Still I am sorry

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself"
Albus Dumbeldor

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are"
Kurt Cobain

Old March 7th, 2012, 1:27 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Listen, I am sorry to have come on her guns blazing and all up in arms about pottermore not being available. I just know a lot of my friends from here were in the original group that got admitted and they are most likely all there now instead of here and I just miss them is all.
Still I am sorry
From what I've seen, activity on Pottermore seems to have really slowed down, and for the most part people aren't spending a lot of time there. Once you've read everything, the only thing left is brewing potions, dueling, and making a comment in the Great Hall or Common Room. It isn't the best way to connect with people, IMHO. I may be wrong, but I don't think your friends are spending much time there.

Sony gets a new CEO on April 1st, and perhaps Pottermore is in limbo until he takes over. They are being very quiet about opening dates and future plans. The only activity I see from the staff is occasionally posting member's drawings on Insider. Currently they're showcasing some members of the Gryffindor Quiddich Team:
http://insider.pottermore.com/

And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old March 8th, 2012, 6:17 am
Third Year

Quote:
Still I am sorry
I agree with MerryLore that I don't think the majority of people are spending a great deal of time on the site, especially these days.

I go on it often enough but mostly to just do duels and the odd potion. There isn't a lot of interaction between members on the site, I think mostly because of the very child-friendly/protective nature of the site.

Old March 8th, 2012, 3:09 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Waiting for Pottermore?
We’re pleased to announce that pottermore.com will be open to everyone in early April 2012.

We know that the extended wait for those wishing to be part of Pottermore has been frustrating, and we’d like to thank you all for your patience so far.

Many of you are interested to know why we extended the original opening date beyond October of last year.

We always knew Pottermore would be incredibly popular, which is why we made the decision to only open to one million Beta users to begin with. We wanted to make sure that we had a really good understanding of how people want to use the site and which bits we’d need to modify before giving more people access.

We gathered some incredibly useful feedback from our Beta users, and it became clear that our original platform wouldn’t be suitable when millions more users came on to the site. So we made a big decision: to move Pottermore to an entirely different platform set up. This ‘invisible’ change has involved a lot of work behind the scenes but it will enable our users to get the best from Pottermore as it grows and develops.

There have definitely been some challenges and the whole Pottermore team has been working really hard to incorporate all the Beta activity and feedback. This means that over the coming weeks and months we’ll be adding exclusive content and many more exciting features (such as sounds) to Pottermore for you to explore, share and discover.

So get ready to join the Pottermore journey – the wait is nearly over.
Posted by Pottermore Editor at 14:00
The Pottermore Insider was just updated!

I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with this news!
I'm kinda excited to see what the sounds are like... And surely this means that CoS will be up soon?

Old March 8th, 2012, 3:24 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

I am glad of this news! Thank you for giving us the update. This is actually a good time to start a new version since we are almost at 1500 posts.

New version

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer

Last edited by Hes; March 8th, 2012 at 3:40 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References