Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old June 28th, 2007, 12:56 pm
Genius Loci

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

This thread is to discuss whether it would be possible for JK to write future novels, maybe even some specific character stories, such as ones about Dumbledore, Snape or other established adult characters, or maybe some new ones?

The Forum Rules are in operation as always.

Last edited by Hes; August 6th, 2010 at 9:00 pm. Reason: removed DH release rules
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:42 pm
First Year

Neville Longbottom and the Room of Requirement

I know it seems crazy to ask so soon after Deathly Hallows, but does anyone else feel like there is a whole new story to be told from Neville Longbottom's perspective about his 7th year at Hogwarts? The two stories could converge at the Battle of Hogwarts but from Neville's perspective. I would also love a 19 Years later chapter about Neville.

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:32 am
First Year

Re: Future Novels in the HP World.

I would like to see a parallax book about Neville's 7th year at Hogwarts

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:37 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
This thread is to discuss whether it would be possible for JK to write future novels, maybe even some specific character stories, such as ones about Dumbledore, Snape or other established adult characters, or maybe some new ones?

The Forum Rules are in operation as always. In addition be aware of our Conduct Notice for participation in the Deathly Hallows Forums.
Possible, but I doubt it's going to happen. It would feel like overkill to me.

ETA: Actually a non-fiction sort of compilation of her notes and writing process would be kinda nice. Maybe with some commentary on decisions she made and things she changed along the way.

Snape Article
My Art

Last edited by Vasheba; July 24th, 2007 at 12:39 am.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:41 am
Fifth Year

Re: Neville Longbottom and the Room of Requirement

Absolutely, I had the same thought. I'd love to see one of those charity books be about Neville, Luna and Ginny fighting the good fight at Hogwarts. It probably wouldn't need to be anywhere near as long as DH, but even a collection of short stories about what everyone else was doing that year would be fantastic.

Edit: Heh, I guess this belongs in Future Novels in the HP World, eh?

Last edited by TaraBrady; July 24th, 2007 at 12:44 am.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:43 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasheba View Post
ETA: Actually a non-fiction sort of compilation of her notes and writing process would be kinda nice. Maybe with some commentary on decisions she made and things she changed along the way.
I agree. I don't really need a whole book, but I want another additional epilogue that would also tackle some assorted loose ends (like the Department of Mysteries). I want to know what happened to some of the characters that it just didn't talk about.

Old July 24th, 2007, 1:12 am
First Year

She's created such a huge, wonderful world in these books, she can really write a number of other things. I, personally would LOVE more Harry Potter. We could see, as was said, character back story, or we could see what happened in 19 years, during which many, many things can happen, especially since the entire series lasted only 7 years. I would also like to see a book or books about Teddy, who could be a very interesting character.

Old July 24th, 2007, 1:15 am
First Year

I only think I'd want to see some sort of book on her notes. Any stories about harry's kids, friends, or whatever i think would detract from the Harry Potter we love. I just wish i could see in this book what exactly does happen to the other characters. We saw Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco a bit. But what about Hagrid the first person from the wizarding world he'd met? His companion throughout the seven books.

Old July 24th, 2007, 1:30 am
First Year

I think another book is highly possible. There were so many questions left unanswered concerning different characters in the story. Also the 19 year skip leaves a possibility for a interesting event.

Old July 24th, 2007, 2:57 am
Second Year

Re: Neville Longbottom and the Room of Requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBrady View Post
Absolutely, I had the same thought. I'd love to see one of those charity books be about Neville, Luna and Ginny fighting the good fight at Hogwarts. It probably wouldn't need to be anywhere near as long as DH, but even a collection of short stories about what everyone else was doing that year would be fantastic.
I love the short stories idea! It's occured to me too that JKR should write a whole compilation of them. That way she'd have the opportunity to cover all loose ends, maybe giving us more snippets/scenes from the lives of other characters. I especially would like to see a scene from Luna's life (maybe somewhere in between those 19 years). I wouldn't mind a Draco one, too, that covers what happened to him after Voldemort's death... like whether or not he was in any trouble and whether he ever loses his prejudices (and who did he marry?? please don't say it was Pansy, JKR ).

It also occured to me that JKR could give us a short story or two about the MWPP days. I think poor James deserves that because we've only ever seen him through Snape's memories... which are a tad bit biased, I should think. We never got the true measure of him like we got of Lupin, Sirius and Peter. Plus I think it would be fascinating to see other short stories about the first war against Voldemort (and maybe find out things like why Sirius thought Lupin was the spy).

I hope JKR considers this .

Just my silly little MWPP era Sirius/OC, James/Lily fanfic! Give it a shot, you might like it
Old July 24th, 2007, 3:00 am
First Year

The Marauder's Years would be pretty sweet, and then we could know how they became Animagus.

Old July 24th, 2007, 3:09 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenclue View Post
The Marauder's Years would be pretty sweet, and then we could know how they became Animagus.
Ah yes, I would like that too . I remember how once I wrote a fanfic where I tried to explain how I thought the whole Animagus thing works... It was difficult cuz JKR has never really talked about it in the books.

Just my silly little MWPP era Sirius/OC, James/Lily fanfic! Give it a shot, you might like it
Old July 24th, 2007, 3:13 am
First Year

I think it would be a cool idea for her to do a Marauder's, Lily, Snape book, and it wouldn't even have to be seven books, but she could split it up into like three.

Old July 24th, 2007, 3:18 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenclue View Post
i agree with this, that would be a wonderful idea to see how things came into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyanes View Post
I would like to see a parallax book about Neville's 7th year at Hogwarts

and also this, it would be great to see his side of the story!

Old July 24th, 2007, 3:21 am
Dr Mrs The Monarch

There is some much she could write about. The first one I thought of while reading DH was about what was going on at Hogwarts while Harry was hunting Horcruxes. Personally, I would like to see the more about Snape's life and Voldemort's life, but it probably won't happen.

Old July 24th, 2007, 3:27 am
First Year

I would absolutely love to have another book. I feel like we almost deserve one more because they have to finish school. I want to see Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville etc, take their newts and find out how they get their jobs. I'd also love to read a marauders era book. It wouldn't have to be a seven year thing as someone said earlier, maybe just three books about it.

I'd even love to see a book about the Grindelwald and Dumbledore relationship/duel.

There's just so much that she could write about, that I can't imagine her not writing another book. The fans of this series have so many unanswered questions and everyone would love to just keep reading.

Old July 24th, 2007, 3:35 am
First Year

I would like two books, not nessecarely novels, but books, novels would be nice though.

An encyclopedia, with al ot of back stories.
A book that answers every unanswred thing, and fills in the lifes of other characters.

Future of American football.
Old July 24th, 2007, 3:44 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsoccer1216 View Post
An encyclopedia, with al ot of back stories.
I hear she's going to be putting out an encyclopedia like that which i think will include allot of all the information that she never found necessary to put into the books and also unused drafts from the books...which i would find fascinating because i saw a show on her on tv and she had boxes full of all the stuff taht she used to create the world of harry potter and i think that her process of writing the books is so incredible

Old July 24th, 2007, 3:48 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB88 View Post
I hear she's going to be putting out an encyclopedia like that which i think will include allot of all the information that she never found necessary to put into the books and also unused drafts from the books...which i would find fascinating because i saw a show on her on tv and she had boxes full of all the stuff taht she used to create the world of harry potter and i think that her process of writing the books is so incredible
Yeah, I saw that also, that would be great to know all the things in those boxes.

Future of American football.
Old July 24th, 2007, 3:51 am
Sirius' Girl

I had the distinct impression from interviews with JKR that she was putting to rest the whole series, and that the only possible future writings would be for charity. Given that, and based on the fact that Quiddich Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts were relatively short, I'd anticipate nothing on the scale of our beloved HP series. Maybe she'll do something on the Marauders. She seems to have gone into fair detail about Dumbledore already. On the other hand, there are some new faces we're seeing. Maybe something there.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References