Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Future Novels in the Harry Potter World.

Old July 24th, 2007, 3:55 am
Second Year

Re: Future Novels in the HP World.

I dunno- it seems that she's done now for a while. A few years of relaxation, raise her children, you know.

She will certainly get itchy fingers again, though. I don't think this is the last we'll see from her.

<3
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2007, 4:04 am
First Year

I would actually love a few books about the marauders, but only after they graduated because i think that stories about hogwarts should end with harry, but it would be great to find out how lily and James thrice defied VD. On the other hand however i would only want JKR to write them if she was fully behind it because i hate when a series fades away as oopposed to going out with a bang.

Old July 24th, 2007, 5:16 am
First Year

Given that before she's mentioned how if she was going to write another HP related book it would be an 'encyclopedia' type of thing, I got the feeling after finishing DH that we are most likely going to get it, since there is so much stuff we have yet to learn. And she has boxes and boxes of notes she hasn't included in the series.

I really hope we get it.

Old July 24th, 2007, 5:37 am
Second Year

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but Jo made it quite clear she's done writing about Harry Potter. As promised, she delivered on the 7 volumes in the saga. She doesn't have anything to prove to us any more. As much as I would like her to write future novels in the HP universe, its not going to happen so I don't think its healthy to get my hopes up. The only thing we may see is the rumored encyclopedia but that won't be the same as a future novel. Sad to say, its time for us to move on.

"You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts
...but you cannot deny he's got style..."-Phineas Nigellus
Old July 24th, 2007, 6:04 am
Fifth Year

She's hinted more recently that she might write more actual novels. She hasn't said anything definate - which would be the wisest thing if she was anything less than absolutely sure - but she clearly loves that universe and I think it would be hard for her not to return to it. (Whether or not she'd produce anything she was happy enough with to publish is another story.) But either way, it doesn't hurt to speculate.

Old July 24th, 2007, 6:11 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_12 View Post
I agree. I don't really need a whole book, but I want another additional epilogue that would also tackle some assorted loose ends (like the Department of Mysteries). I want to know what happened to some of the characters that it just didn't talk about.
Exactly what I was going to say. I just like a small epilogue that explains what happens to all the other characters. What jobs everyone went on to do, ect. ect. And all that.

Has Jo said anything about doing any more Potter related books?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=170269184909

YOU'RE GOING TO END UP LIVING OFF A STEADY DIET OF GOVERNMENT IMPORTED CHEESE, AND LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
Old July 24th, 2007, 6:23 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Conan doyle was forced to resurrect holmes...who knows harry is still alive...evil didnt die it was just voldemort...and then...one can only hope

she should write more about the epilogue,a book between the last chapter an the epilogue to leave evryone happy.

i personally wouldn mind a cheesy book about the weddings and stuff but that isnot going to hapen ..i just want my questions answered.

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old July 24th, 2007, 7:02 am
First Year

Lots of characters still left.. One big world with its own rules! Definite possibility that new stories could be created...

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:02 am
First Year

I think there should be a new book about Harry's fathers adventures at Hogwarts, he being the main character and his friends being Sirius, Lupin, and Wormtail.

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:06 am
First Year

A book about Fred and George

Fred and George are both partners in mischief, their adventures at Hogwarts must have been fun. I think it would be cool to have a book about them at Hogwarts, which would have all the major plot points of the other books. Anybody else think so?

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:32 am
First Year

man... i sure hope so! i feel like im missing something now that its actually over... i cant believe that after seven years it is actually over!

KU ALL THE WAY

Join the movement to kick Peter Pettigrew out of the Marauders!
Make James, Sirius, Remus, Fred and George the REAL Marauders!
Add this to your signature to join!
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:01 am
First Year

I would kill for a book about the Marauders at Hogwarts. Please oh pleaseeee.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:10 am
First Year

I'd pretty much give up my right arm to see a continuation of the HP series. To me there just seems to be a lot of questions left unanswered. I wanna cry when I think the series is over and done with
After reading about Snape and Lily's relationship I'd probably give up my left AND right arm to see a prequel series written....

"You're a freaking idiot Ron," Harry replied.
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:46 am
Second Year

Re: Neville Longbottom and the Room of Requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyanes View Post
I know it seems crazy to ask so soon after Deathly Hallows, but does anyone else feel like there is a whole new story to be told from Neville Longbottom's perspective about his 7th year at Hogwarts? The two stories could converge at the Battle of Hogwarts but from Neville's perspective. I would also love a 19 Years later chapter about Neville.
Yeah, thats a great idea! That would be so cool.

I was thinking maybe JK would actually write 'The Life and Lies Of Albus Dumbledore', maybe for comic relief, like she did with Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them and Quidditch Through The Ages.

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:44 pm
Second Year

Didn't she hint on the Jonothan Ross interview that she might consider writing more in the future? Something along the lines of "never say never"?

A book of short stories about the characters post hogwarts would be great!

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:59 pm
Seventh Year

I don't think we need a whole new novel but perhaps just something to act as a larger denumount, which I thought was the weakest part of DH, Jo could have really done so much more with that.

Old July 24th, 2007, 1:07 pm
First Year

I have a few ideas as to what JK may do:
1.Neville's story should definitely be told. While Harry, Ron, and Hermione were off in the woods, Neville was leading a small resistance against the carrows, and as someone previously mentioned, DH and Neville's story would converge at the final battle.
2. More thorough epilogue. Many people including myself would like to know what happened to a lot more people than she actually mentioned.
3. A prequel series written while James, Sirius, Lupin, Wormtail, Snape, and Lily were at school.

Old July 24th, 2007, 1:26 pm
First Year

Personally, I'd love to see a Luna Lovegood book. I always dug that character. I'm glad JKR didn't decide to kill her off.

Old July 24th, 2007, 2:05 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorleone View Post
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but Jo made it quite clear she's done writing about Harry Potter.
Actually, we definitely heard an interview where she said "never say never". I would LOVE to get a set of novels about the kids AND the Marauders - both or else *shakes a fist* Even if I have o do it myself

Old July 24th, 2007, 2:21 pm
First Year

Something Interesting: Harry Potter Eight - Yikes.

Hello there,

You know - Being a big fan of the Harry Potter series, I expected a tad bit more from the seventh book, but overall I thought it was excellent and well-done by Rowling. To get to the point here though, I want you to know that this theory could be:

1) Way off base and completely idiotic.
2) Genius.
3) Speculative.

Without further ado! - My theory:

Over the course of all the books - They've skipped. After the end of one chapter, the next chapter begins with "...Towards November.." and so on and so forth - So inbetween this time we don't know what really happened. Jk really didn't explain what went on during the course of those weeks/days/minutes/hours.

So..

What if Harry left hints? Or Ron Or Hermione? During that time, do you think it's possible that they were conducting there individual little hints for there children? Or perhaps already doing so when they were older?

Just tossing it out there.

-Megamoze.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References