Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Which Deathly Hallows scene will be the best movie scene?

Old July 26th, 2007, 8:29 am
Second Year

Re: Which Deathly Hallows scene will be the best movie scene?

Hogwarts vs. LV and the Death Eaters is going to be the most awesome scene for me. i want to see some fighting! i really hope they keep it true to the book and don't try to soften it up. i mean, i understand kids see the movies and they shouldn't be TOO violent, but i want the battle scene to be a battle scene, you know? not a wimpy version.

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2007, 8:37 am
First Year

It's a toss up between Harry walking with the "ghosts" of his parents, Sirius, and Lupin and his actual fight with Voldy after he died. The book was intense, but it had a lot of "down-time, non-action" stuff in it where the characters were thinking, hiding, etc. How are they going to do that? Oh, I also think seeing Mr. Lovegood for the first time will be hilarious--one of those tiny comedic moments that Jo loves to stick in the middle of the serious stuff.

Old July 26th, 2007, 8:41 am
Third Year

Personally I can't wait for all of them. Except Harry and Hermione living in the forest kind of reminded me of Prisoner of Azkhaban......but I really want to see the scenes of Harry and Hermione living in the tent, the wedding, the final battle, harry giving himself up and snape dying. also, the epilogue will be nice, but again, hope the producers don't screw it up. the trio will not be too old to me.

Old July 26th, 2007, 9:05 am
Third Year

its a tire between Alan Rickman saying the line :

"Would you like me to do it now?" "Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?"

and Alan Rickman saying everything else that he says in the book. The man only has like 4 lines, so they had better not cut one of them.

The epitaph moment will be the GREATEST moment of all the HP movies. Heck it will even beat the "Obviously" line. Alan Rickman is the only reason I watch the films! He delivers onle liners like NO ONE else.

~shes gonna dream up the world she wants to live in
shes gonna dream out loud~

U2 -Zooropa

Old July 26th, 2007, 9:06 am
Third Year

Is anyone else concerned about how the book will translate into a movie?

I'm kind of hoping they don't stay loyal to the book, specifically in the parts at the Ministry and Godric's Hollow. The Trio used polyjuice potion in those crucial parts, which was completely necessary to the plot, but I'd hate to see three random actors in these scenes rather than Emma, Dan, and Rupert.

Can you imagine the scene at Godric's Hollow, where Harry cries over his parents graves, played by a completely unknown character? The scene wouldn't be powerful or emotional at all!

Does anyone else agree?

Are the words that we sing in our dreams...

Let there be love...
Old July 26th, 2007, 9:15 am
First Year

1.I'm actually looking forward to Harry going through all his stuff in the beginning pulling out the old sneakoscope and the potter stinks badge and such. It was a rather emotional chapter as it was like a reflection of everything we've been through with Harry ya know?
2. That chase scene between the seven Potters and the Death Eaters and Voldemort? WOO! That's gonna be a rush, ESPECIALLY since it's so bloody sudden and early on
3. Snape's death scene. I can just imagine his final words coming out with such sadness.....*snivel*
4. I know nearly everyone's said it, but the final battle at Hogwarts (if done right) will be absolutely indescribably undeniable epic.
5. The walk to Harry's "death" wil definitely be super emotional (again, if done right)
6. Good Trio vs. Bad Trio in the RoR! I wanna see the FiendFire and Harry rescuing Malfoy

Unfortunately, for all the best scenes to have justice done to them, I fear they will most likely have to either make two movies (which I don't think ANYBODY wants) or make it so long it would pretty much require an intermission time (which I find VERY acceptable, but I don't think they're willing to do that) . Who knows though! I truely do hope they don't kiddy this down. I'm afraid they might. I truely hope they go with the darkness and maturity of the book.

Old July 26th, 2007, 9:24 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine_IV View Post
Best Single Effects Shot: The moment that the dragon bursts up through the floor in Gringotts. That looked all awesome and CGI-ness in my head. Goblins flying out of the way, wizards running for their lives. So sweet.
This. Scene. Will. Rule.

I have to go with Gringots because the whole story has great potential on screen - the ride to the vault, the multiplication of all the stuff in the vault, the escape on the dragon - it would look brilliant.

Old July 26th, 2007, 9:36 am
First Year

If you just go event by event, 7 is going to cost more in effects and set designs than probably 4, 5 & 6 put together. With all that will have to go into making it happen, I'll be very surprised if they get it done in the same amount of time as they've done on the last few. Really, I don't see it happening unless they doubled the whole team and started pre-production on it now.

Not like they won't make their money back on it, no matter what they spend. I just hope they'll do what needs to be done for time alotment. All three LOTR movies were 3 hours and change, nobody cared. Heck, I have the extended edition and I prefer them.

Old July 26th, 2007, 9:42 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by polocub1429 View Post

Can you imagine the scene at Godric's Hollow, where Harry cries over his parents graves, played by a completely unknown character? The scene wouldn't be powerful or emotional at all!

I'm almost sure the directors will NOT keep with the polyjuice stuff, they want to show their stars.

I'M afraid that the movie will leave out too much. More then any other book, ALL of this one is important.

They always underuse Rupert, I'm scared they will cut him saving Harry and his redemption! That chapter has to be one of my favorite EVER! They need to put it all in, the locket, the hug, the crying... but I fear they won't do it justice at all.

And what if they cut the "NOT MY DAUGHTER" line?

Or they don't do Fred's death justice?

What if they cut Dobby's death entirely??? They haven't put him in either the fourth or fifth movie... I'm betting he won't be in six or seven either.

I hope they allow the amazing character development among the trio, not JUST Dan. It was the trio's journey.

I'm excited, but as you can see I'm way MORE panicked they will not do such an amazing book justice.

[Side note: They always cut a LOT. What do you all think they will cut from DH?]

“Talking about Muriel? Yeah, she's just told me my ears are lopsided.” –George

Always the tone of surprise...

PEACE
ON
EARTH
Old July 26th, 2007, 9:51 am
Third Year

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dobby were cut entirely. He's not directly important to the plot; the Trio could find some other miraculous way out of the Malfoy Manor...that is, if they go there at all; that could easily be cut too.

The Wedding could be cut, the Dursley's departure, Rufus Scrimgeour (he'll probably be mentioned, but won't appear in the movie) Dumbledore's family story, explanations about how Hermione hid her parents and Ron's ghoul with spattergoit, the part with Bathilda and the snake, the visit to Shell Cottage, Xenophilius Lovegood...

Basically, anything that doesn't directly affect the plot could be cut.

Are the words that we sing in our dreams...

Let there be love...
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:00 am
Second Year

Dobby's death (it just HAS to be there!), Snape's death + tale, walk through the forest, and King's Cross.

And, yes, if it's good, I'll be crying the whole movie.

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by polocub1429 View Post
The Wedding could be cut, the Dursley's departure, Rufus Scrimgeour (he'll probably be mentioned, but won't appear in the movie) Dumbledore's family story, explanations about how Hermione hid her parents and Ron's ghoul with spattergoit, the part with Bathilda and the snake, the visit to Shell Cottage, Xenophilius Lovegood...

Basically, anything that doesn't directly affect the plot could be cut.
NO! That's exactly what I think will happen! But... but... The Bathilda bit would be seriously cool/scary. And Shell Cottage was such a nice change of scenery, and establishes the Griphook stuff- and they could add on a bit to the implied Luna/Dean stuff [although I bet if anyone gets ripped off in the movie it will certainly be Luna.... dang!]
And I wanted to see Xenophilius the omelette!
The Dumbledore family stuff can be cut in my opinion. I LOVED reading it and it is VERY important to me. But since I already know that information now, I can accept it's ommission from the movie.

The movie BETTER be 3+ hours long! It's worth a really long movie, it's a really amazing story!

“Talking about Muriel? Yeah, she's just told me my ears are lopsided.” –George

Always the tone of surprise...

PEACE
ON
EARTH
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:34 am
First Year

Harry digging Dobby's grave could be such an emotionally intense scene, but like others have mentioned, Dobby could be cut entirely which would be disappointing.

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:36 am
Sixth Year

Hogwarts battle. No question.

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:40 am
Second Year

Three words:

BATTLE OF HOGWARTS.

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:48 am
First Year

Hopefully we get a LotR-style "theatrical" version in cinemas and an "extended" edition on DVD.

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:01 pm
Fourth Year

1. Harry walking to meet his death. They better not change a single line of dialogue from the book.
2. Any of the scenes regarding Snape. It's finally the genius Rickman's time to shine and get enough lines to justify his inolvement. His explaination of his love for Lily will be heart-wrenching.
3. Obviously the Battle of Hogwarts will be sad and spectacular in equal measure.
4. Harry and Dumbledore in King's Cross. If it is done well, it should prove to be a beautiful scene.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Emma Watson

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:37 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
Funniest Moment - Kreacher hitting Mundungus over the head, seven Potters scene
oh that was brilliant "perhaps one more for luck, master harry?" yeah i hope they keep a lot of kreacher in.

I would like to see Mrs Weasley's moment of fame! and also Dobby rescuing them all just because I absolutely bawled my eyes out at that.

I really want to see Crabbe's fiendfyre because it should look amazing and it destroyed a horcrux. Also thats when we see that despite everything thats happened between them the trio will still save Malfoy and Goyle. Also Ron's classic "If he hadn't tried to kill us all, I'd be quite sorry he was dead"

And i want to see Ron and Hermione's kiss cos its a long time coming and its a funny moment because Harry's just like, is this really the time?

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:42 pm
First Year

(all the scenes with Bella. )

i would say the final battle Death Eaters VS Hogwarts guys.

but the important moments in the book are so many that i hope they will do 2 movies. they can cut few scenes.

My drawing can be find here: http://sekhmet-the-flame.deviantart.com/
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:46 pm
Second Year

For humour, the potter-watch
i laughed my head of reading it, if they stick to the books discription&&combined with the Phelps (spelling?) twins great sense of humour&&fred&&georgynesss it should be hilarious

most powerful or moving scene would either be Harry walking towards the forest (seeing Ginny&& the business with the reserection(spelling?) stone.

Or

the princes tale chapter. . .

After seeing snapes Patronous - Dumbledore-"Still"
Snape -"Always"

Brought me to tears in the book, so hopefuly the film will do it perfectly!!

<3Orlando Bloom<3

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References