Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Albus S. Potter - Slytherin or Gryffindor?

Old July 24th, 2007, 6:44 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Re: Albus Severus Potter

Harry seemed to have the capacity to forgive that few have; and he and Ginny probably thought about it for a long time before giving Albus the middle name Severus.
If JK does decide to revisit Hogwarts, I kind of see it being through Albus Severus Potter.
I also agree with those who see Ron saying to beat Draco's kid at every test as joking old school rivalry - i would expect that if Ginny and Ron had kids in the same grade, they'd be telling the kids to beat the other kids scores

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2007, 6:56 pm
First Year

Albus Severus Potter. And Asp is a kind of snake. He's in Slytherin.

Old July 24th, 2007, 6:58 pm
First Year

I loved how Harry named his son Albus Severus. It really cemented the idea that Snape was a good man, and Harry really couldn't have paid him a higher tribute.

You know what would be a really cute story? If Albus got into Slytherin, and Scorpius into Gryffindor, and they hated each other, but then agreed to try and make a truce so that they could try and convince the Headmaster/Headmistress to switch them, and after many comic hijinks realized that they were where they were meant to be, and then became friends. Kind of cliche, but then I'm a sucker for cheesy stories like that

R.I.P Severus Snape, a true hero.

"We sort too soon."
~Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Old July 24th, 2007, 6:58 pm
First Year

I feel bad for the kid having such an awkward name. Albus Severus Potter just doesn't at all roll off the tongue well....but the abbreviated Al Potter is nice. I think he'd up in Gryffindor, just because he wouldn't want to be separated from his brother and sister, who will most likely end up in Gryffindor.

also, if she ever did focus on books on the children, I'd rather see more on the mischievous James than the righteous Albus though...We got our righteousness with Harry, let's get some humour with James...Or a new Trio would be born with the three Potters...

All in all, if Jo ever returned to the series, I'd rather it follow the future of all the old characters through their lives...but in both scenarios, without the threat of voldemort, just turns into daily mundane routines...But I digress a lot.

No matter how much unity there is, there will always be the perceived differences between the houses, where Slytherins and Gryffindors will probably still be rivals and still be the most different, although hopefully with Voldemort gone, the differences aren't about good and evil, where Slytherins are slimy, but just a difference in pride of their house.

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:10 pm
First Year

[quote=LOVEWEASLEYS04;4637872]I can definately see a million fan fics sprouting from this one. I wonder if Jo is planning on picking up where she left off with this one. QUOTE]

I wonder that, too. How could she just leave us like that??

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:17 pm
Oracle Octopus

Albus Severus Potter, named after the three heroes of the book. Probably a would be Slytherin and a Parselmouth. What really is interesting about him is that a special mention about him is made in the epilogue when Ginny assures Harry that he will be alright, this shows that he is a special character. Maybe Jo might write a new series with him as the lead character.

On a lighter note, his name is quite amusing seeing the fact that his middle killed his first.

Last edited by mysterious; July 24th, 2007 at 7:20 pm.
Old July 24th, 2007, 7:22 pm
Curse Breaker

Albus Severus Potter--It might be interesting if he became a member of Slytherin. I could actually see him being a member of Slytherin, but being best pals with Rose Weasley. If you were looking for an incident to offset the "All was well" and start a new series, how about little Albus discovering that he's a Parselmouth, demonstrating that he inherited the ability from Harry which would mean that the sliver of Tom's soul that attached itself to Harry is not gone yet. Since JKR appears to have gone the whole nine yards with Hermione living out the odyssey of her namesake in "A Winter's Tale," I think Albus and Rose as best pals and then, as lovebirds (as in love, say as Harry is with Ginny) would make perfect sense.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old July 24th, 2007, 7:23 pm
First Year

I think ASP worrying about being in Slytherin is more about his brother harrassing him in the same way that Fred and George harrass Ron in book one, than it is about what house he will really be in. In the same way that Lily is crying just like Ginny was all those years ago.

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:24 pm
First Year

He'll be in Gryffindor, and JKR had better write a sequel about him.

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:28 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Albus Severus Potter?

Sounds like a sensitive lad
At least he is named after heroes, what about poor Scorpius?

Everyone has a photographic memory ... some, like me, just don't have any film
Old July 24th, 2007, 7:36 pm
Banned

I so wish she'd continue with the stories of their children. I just seems as if there's MORE!

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:48 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyWannaB View Post
I think you have summed it up very nicely here. The name was to indicate that Harry understood and respected the sacrifices that Snape had made on his behalf - Snape's life for one. The Prince's Tale was the most touching part of the book and Harry's appreciation of and honoring of Snape by naming his child after him, was the whole payoff of the series for me.
I completely agree. Naming his son after Snape was one of the best moments of the series.

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:51 pm
First Year

I think a new series centered around Albus Severus Potter would be a fun read, but it wouldnt push the HP universe in many new directions because weve already read a whole series about the trials and tribulations of growing up in the magical world.

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:52 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenRepented View Post
Albus Severus Potter. And Asp is a kind of snake. He's in Slytherin.
Just because his inicials are a kind of snake doesnt mean he'll be in slytherin. It could be coincidence.

Old July 24th, 2007, 7:52 pm
Third Year

I was hoping all through DH that we'd see more inter-house friendships! Sev and Lily doesn't count because that wasn't exactly an example many followed. I like to think Albus would be in Gryffindor yet befriend Scorpius if there were a sequel. Or, he could be in Slytherin and work to break the stereotype based on what Harry told him.

Old July 24th, 2007, 8:07 pm
First Year

[quote= I think Albus and Rose as best pals and then, as lovebirds (as in love, say as Harry is with Ginny) would make perfect sense.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, you do know they are cousins right? I don't see the liklihood of their incestual days at hogwarts ever being written about.

Also, I can see Harry respecting and being extremely grateful for Snape's sacrifices on his/Lily's behalf, but wouldn't Sirius have been higher up on his list for getting honored?

Last edited by djunny; July 24th, 2007 at 8:21 pm.
Old July 24th, 2007, 8:18 pm
First Year

I'd prefer to read about the past in the wizarding world, like a tale of Dumbledore's agains't Grindelwald, etc,etc

Old July 24th, 2007, 8:25 pm
First Year

Firstly i think Severus is his middle name like James is Harry's middle name like:

Harry James Potter

Albus Severus Potter

As for Sirius being higher...i think Harry's son James' middle name is Sirius:

James Sirius Potter

I think harry just called him Albus Severus, so he could explain the bit about his name, because earlier in the Epilogue i think he is just called Albus or Al...

Old July 24th, 2007, 8:49 pm
Second Year

I thought the name was a little weird at first, but I like how Harry said that Snape was probably one of the most bravest people he's ever known.

Old July 24th, 2007, 9:02 pm
Third Year

That "Asp" idea is such a brilliant one...
And the Slytherin hints...
WHOA...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References