Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS]

View Poll Results: Favourite trailer scene?
Young Lily and Petunia on the meadow 58 27.49%
Voldemort at Malfoy Manor 26 12.32%
Gringotts ride 20 9.48%
Images of Snape. 84 39.81%
The moving statues 43 20.38%
Battle scenes 83 39.34%
Molly and Bellatrix's duel 42 19.91%
Harry dragging Voldemort with him from the tower 56 26.54%
Fiendfyre scenes 31 14.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 29th, 2011, 1:00 am
Second Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.4

i thought oliver wood wasnt cast for this movie, and i dont think it looks like him looking frame by frame at the shot of the guy in the broom, was he really cast? anyone has a source for that? it would be cool and a nice fan wink if it was him, maybe its just a random student

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2011, 1:05 am
Registered Animagus

Is there a face in the fiendfyre? I thought that at first but then i thought maybe i was seeing things. It really looks like a face in motion.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by decarus; April 29th, 2011 at 1:48 am.
Old April 29th, 2011, 1:12 am
Fourth Year

The fire looks a bit like a snake to me.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Old April 29th, 2011, 1:14 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Is there a face in the fiendfyre? I thought that at first but then i thought maybe i was seeing things. It really looks like a face in motion.

I was going to ask about this as well; some people think it's a snake (I think it looks way different than the fire snake in the OOTP movie, and I'm sure I see a nose in there), or a bear, or a badger, but to me it looks like a mouse or a rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstopper View Post
i thought oliver wood wasnt cast for this movie, and i dont think it looks like him looking frame by frame at the shot of the guy in the broom, was he really cast? anyone has a source for that? it would be cool and a nice fan wink if it was him, maybe its just a random student
He was cast, there was a promotional image released of him in DH Part 2 about 2 days ago, and I think the guy on the broom was him because I was looking through the screencaps and he had the same haircut (from what I could tell) as Oliver Wood from the promo image.

"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me.
" - Ron Weasley

"I don't know where you learned about right and wrong, but you
seem to have missed a few crucial lessons." - Molly Weasley

Last edited by Dead Star; April 29th, 2011 at 1:20 am.
Old April 29th, 2011, 1:29 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Star View Post

He was cast, there was a promotional image released of him in DH Part 2 about 2 days ago, and I think the guy on the broom was him because I was looking through the screencaps and he had the same haircut (from what I could tell) as Oliver Wood from the promo image.
thanks, i saw that promotional picture and didnt recognize him there wow, yeah then its definitely him, thats nice

Old April 29th, 2011, 2:04 am
Fourth Year

Long post, comin' through!

Some of my observations/questions after analyzing practically every frame of the trailer:

I was really surprised to see that Lily, James, Sirius, and Lupin in the Resurrection Stone scene will appear solid; for some reason I imagined them looking somewhat like the "ghosts" of Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end of Return of the Jedi, heh.

Harry and Lily:    

I'm not sure what it is about this next scene, but it just gave me goosebumps when I first saw it. I may even go so far as to say that it's one of my favourite parts from all of the Harry Potter movies. I might be overanalyzing this, but I think it kind of captures the tone of the trailer: this is it, this is the climax of the Harry Potter story, Hogwarts is about to be attacked and it's going to defend itself, and there's going to be a battle.

Statue coming to life:    

If I remember correctly from the movie spoilers, the audience doesn't find out that Harry is still alive after being hit by Voldemort's AK until he himself jumps out of Hagrid's arms when they return to Hogwarts. If this clip of Narcissa takes place after she has checked Harry for signs of life, it may be the only indication the audience gets that she might be lying and that Harry is indeed alive. Of course, non-readers might also interpret her expression as shock that Harry Potter is actually "dead." Also, I may be the only HP reader who loves her hairstyle in the films (I don't know why it's in two colours, but I like how it looks, and I interpret it like this: in the film's somewhat alternate universe, Narcissa originally had black hair like her sister, but started dyeing a part of it platinum blonde to match her husband's and son's).

Narcissa in the Forbidden Forest:    

It will be very strange to see an emotional Snape So far in the films, he's just had a poker face the entire time (of course), aside from some moments of anger. I don't even know if I can prepare myself for his scene at Godric's Hollow.

Snape at Godric's Hollow:    

Well I'm no longer skeptical of this saying goodbye to Ron and Hermione business. Instead, I'm pretty sure I shall be crying like a baby. I can see emotion on Ron's face as well, which is a relief (the spoilers made it sound like he wasn't that bothered about Harry going to his death, which worried me).

Harry saying goodbye to Ron and Hermione:    

I'm wondering how the cinema audience would have reacted to this cliff-diving scene had a clip of it not been shown in the trailer. Perhaps WB put it in there so that people can get over their rage (and I've seen a lot of rage over this scene on other websites, although I suppose a lot of people probably didn't know about this scene before seeing it in the trailer) before the movie is released, heh. Harry's fierceness and determination and fearlessness in this scene has pretty much dispelled any skepticism I felt towards it initially.

Harry and Voldemort:    

And finally, I'm still trying to figure out what's happening in this scene, whether the Death Eaters are testing Hogwarts' protective dome, or hitting the castle with spells after the dome is destroyed, or whether they're casting the gigantic Dark Mark that will supposedly be seen over the castle at some point.

Death Eaters doing something mysterious:    

There were also a bunch of different clips of the Gringotts dragon in the new trailer. I can't be the only one who will feel like cheering when the dragon escapes, after seeing what the goblins have done to it.

" - Ron Weasley

Last edited by Dead Star; April 29th, 2011 at 2:33 am.
Old April 29th, 2011, 2:15 am
Third Year

As for the last picture, I think that is them breaking the castle defenses.

With reference to Harry taking Voldemort off the edge... I LOVE IT.

I am a Harry and Luna Fan. My ship may have sunk but my love goes on.

Ya know Daniel Radcliffe is really good at fake drowning.
Old April 29th, 2011, 2:23 am
Registered Animagus

I think the death eaters attempt to take down the protection and they can't and then Voldemort goes for it and is able to. I can't remember where i read that so i might be misremembering.

Old April 29th, 2011, 2:23 am
Registered Animagus

Also... on the bridge in the distance of that last image... you can see Knights walking across it. It is a far-off shot of the knights we saw walking in rows.

Old April 29th, 2011, 2:36 am
Third Year

I knew there was no way that Ron wouldn't have a reaction to Harry leaving them. It sucks that Ron and Harry don't hug, but Rupert's face says it all.

I also really hope that there are no i love yous between harry and hermione in that scene. LOL I tried not to say anything , but I couldn't resist.

Old April 29th, 2011, 2:40 am
First Year

Maybe already asked, so many posts to go through so I may have missed it, but anyone have the "soundtrack" to the trailer?? That beginning "Hedwig's Theme" is INCREDIBLE.

Old April 29th, 2011, 2:44 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneuner View Post
Maybe already asked, so many posts to go through so I may have missed it, but anyone have the "soundtrack" to the trailer?? That beginning "Hedwig's Theme" is INCREDIBLE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43PaF...layer_embedded

This is some of the music from it.

Old April 29th, 2011, 2:59 am
Third Year

I am a huge fan of the Harry/Voldemort cliff dive. I voted for that in the poll, though I should have put the battle footage because it looks amazing. Anyway, I am loving the Snape scenes along with everyone else and that should be extremely interesting in the movie.
There was some talk a few pages ago about McGonagall not being in the trailer. I think the film makers are trying to keep all the really big standout moments covered until July. Because, if you notice, the big emotional scenes (Prince's Tale, King's Cross) were barely shown in the trailer.
One thing I did see that I've been curious about is a moment right around 0:58 in the youtube version of the trailer (right after Ron says "we can end this".) It shows Harry looking like he's in a lot of pain or really worn out or something. It looks like his arms are out in front of him, maybe he's doing something with his wand?
And finally, can I just say I think the dragon stuff will be unbearably epic in 3D? Actually the entire movie will be amazing, 3D or not. But that stood out.

*Nikky wanted a mention*
Old April 29th, 2011, 3:13 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson View Post
One thing I did see that I've been curious about is a moment right around 0:58 in the youtube version of the trailer (right after Ron says "we can end this".) It shows Harry looking like he's in a lot of pain or really worn out or something. It looks like his arms are out in front of him, maybe he's doing something with his wand?
My guess would be that he's reacting to seeing Fred, Lupin, and Tonks dead, if only because the colours of that scene remind me of the dark, warm colours of the clip of the Weasleys mourning Fred's death. I don't know for sure though

" - Ron Weasley

Old April 29th, 2011, 3:17 am
Seventh Year

Thought I'd post my thoughts on the trailer. Guess I'll start from the beginning.

I love the music in the beginning. Hedwig's theme sounds so eerie. I was listening to mugglecast and they compared it to a music box winding down. It makes sense because the series is winding down. This is it. I wonder if that was the intention?

Snape walking towards the Potter house in Godric's Hallow looks awesome! The lighting and everything about it is great! So glad we get to see Petunia and Lily! The Ravenclaw diadem looks beautiful! It is so detailed.

The two arms we see I think are definitely Harry and Lily's. That's gonna be such an emotional scene! I wonder if they will add a ghost like effect?

Glad Voldemort seems to be knocked out as Harry is in the forest scene.

We see Greyback knocked back into a window. I wonder if Hermione is the one who does this? Possibly after Lavender is attacked?

The trios plunge into the lake looks great!

So glad we get to see Voldemort's rage at Malfoy Manor. That scene looks so eerie as Nagini is slithering across the floor and the bodies and Voldemort is walking among them as there's a pool of blood on the floor. At one point you can see Bellatrix in the corner sort of cowering with her head down and hands over her head. I think there is someone next to Draco as he stands there in front of Voldemort but I can't see who. Probably Narcissa or Lucius I'm thinking.

Love seeing the trio on the dragon's back in Gringotts. I think there's work to be done effects wise on the dragon though. Its skin seems very plain and smooth so I;m sure they will be working on that, and it will be different in the final product.

Love seeing the "Snape shaped hole" in the Great Hall Window! And that knight looks awesome!! On today's Mugglecast episode they talked about how Mcgonagall is there in that scene in the movie, but from the side we are looking on from so we can't see her in this shot. This is gonna be amazing in the film. True fantasy stuff here!

The first shot of the exterior of Hogwarts we see as the Death Eaters attack is incredible!
The Kingsley Shot is great! This is after Harry comes back to life. I wonder what Ron is doing? Seems like he's shocked. Maybe something to do with Hermione? Or Harry's return? The defenses of Hogwarts being broken is a beautiful shot! You can see people in the courtyard too. I like how they're using broomsticks in the battle! I can't remember if that happened in the book but that is a great idea! The knights marching in line looks great!

Anyone know what's going on with Harry at abot 52 seconds in? I think maybe he's realizing what has to be done. Maybe after the Prince's tale?
I just want to say how emotional Emma/Hermione looks in the scene where she hugs Harry! Wow!
Tonks and Remus reaching for eachother looks emotional.
I still wanna see how this whole Harry and Voldemort confrontation works but I think Dan delivers that line great! Love the background of the scene too!
Snape disapparating looks great! The fiendfyre scene looks great! It looks like the fire is in the shape of a snake or dragon.
The bridge collapse is great! Can't wait to see Neville destoy it!

Basically everything looks amazing lol

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old April 29th, 2011, 3:19 am
Fourth Year

I thought that scene with everyone pointing wands and shooting spells at the castle was actually the students/teachers/other wizard folk casting their protection on the school? Cuz I remember in the book, McGonogall gives everyone a job to do, and I feel like in the movie, it might be kind of similar, where everyone gets together to use all their magic to put the best magical protection they can over the school.

COS

Pottermore
Old April 29th, 2011, 3:20 am
Registered Animagus

Maybe what happens is that Griphook gets injured when the dragon sprays fire at Gringotts and that is when the sword disappears from his hand. Then the scene where Voldemort goes manic and kills the death eaters, goblins, and guards is at malfoy manor. I know some people are saying that one of the dead goblins at malfoy manor is griphook, if so which one?

Old April 29th, 2011, 3:26 am
Registered Animagus

I think these three scenes happen in order:

Notice the knights in the distance on the bridge? (Fire lighting them up?)
http://movies.rawr-caps.net/displayi...316&fullsize=1

Also on the bridge here:
http://movies.rawr-caps.net/displayi...151&fullsize=1

Close-up shot of the knights walking across the bridge:
http://movies.rawr-caps.net/displayi...162&fullsize=1

Also:
If you are wondering what bridge it is, it is the one behind Voldemort here:
http://movies.rawr-caps.net/displayi...308&fullsize=1

Old April 29th, 2011, 3:26 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathurrr View Post
I thought that scene with everyone pointing wands and shooting spells at the castle was actually the students/teachers/other wizard folk casting their protection on the school? Cuz I remember in the book, McGonogall gives everyone a job to do, and I feel like in the movie, it might be kind of similar, where everyone gets together to use all their magic to put the best magical protection they can over the school.
I think they're Death Eaters, from what I can tell they're all wearing black clothing/robes, and those bracers I've seen Death Eaters wear in the other HP movies:

Death Eaters?:    

" - Ron Weasley

Old April 29th, 2011, 3:27 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post

I think it looks like a lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Also... on the bridge in the distance of that last image... you can see Knights walking across it. It is a far-off shot of the knights we saw walking in rows.
Nice find Fury!

I cannot stop watching this trailer! I love it!
I've been going over it frame by frame looking for anything and everything

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References