Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS]

View Poll Results: Favourite trailer scene?
Young Lily and Petunia on the meadow 58 27.49%
Voldemort at Malfoy Manor 26 12.32%
Gringotts ride 20 9.48%
Images of Snape. 84 39.81%
The moving statues 43 20.38%
Battle scenes 83 39.34%
Molly and Bellatrix's duel 42 19.91%
Harry dragging Voldemort with him from the tower 56 26.54%
Fiendfyre scenes 31 14.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 29th, 2011, 3:29 am
First Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Is there a face in the fiendfyre? I thought that at first but then i thought maybe i was seeing things. It really looks like a face in motion.

Spoiler: show

i believe it is a lion's face. you can see a cat like nose and mouth, with a mane forming as it comes after them.

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2011, 4:10 am
Registered Animagus

BTS Shots of Room Of Requirement Scene (Broomsticks)

From Quest video I think....

Emma/Hermione
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkdxt7sX9i1qzk2tu.gif

Dan/Harry

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/deathly...ore=1304035240

Hermione is alone on her broom, instead of with Ron, for safety reasons.

Old April 29th, 2011, 4:15 am
Registered Animagus

Well i just thought it was a face. I wasn't really thinking about what kind of face it is. It seems snake like just because the fiendfyre is darting around sort of like nagini does.

It is weird seeing the trio clinging to the dragon's back in the gringotts scene. I wonder how they didn't get scraped off when they went through the hole in the floor. Though those outside shots of them on the dragon are epic shots of diagon alley.

Also what is going on with the snake in the final confrontation? Why does it seem to appear from green smoke? I think someone suggested it was absorbing killing curses that Ron and Hermione were shooting at it. That is as good an idea as any. It is strange though.

Also maybe this spell that Voldemort is shooting at Harry on the catwalks is some sort of binding spell which would explain how Harry looked tied up in the "why do you live" scene. It looks like Harry is struggling to move in the last shot. I still don't get how Harry gets out of that.

Old April 29th, 2011, 4:28 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Also what is going on with the snake in the final confrontation? Why does it seem to appear from green smoke? I think someone suggested it was absorbing killing curses that Ron and Hermione were shooting at it. That is as good an idea as any. It is strange though.

I don't think they'd have Ron and Hermione shooting Killing Curses (although I could be wrong, of course). My guess is that they're just throwing whatever curses they can think of at Nagini, but none of them work, and then a wild Neville appears and beheads her.

Quote:
Also maybe this spell that Voldemort is shooting at Harry on the catwalks is some sort of binding spell which would explain how Harry looked tied up in the "why do you live" scene. It looks like Harry is struggling to move in the last shot. I still don't get how Harry gets out of that.

Maybe Harry says "Come on Tom, untie me, I want to show you a rare flower I saw growing in a crack on the edge of the tower, just follow me for a second..."

But yes, I'm wondering how he gets out of that one as well...

"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me.
" - Ron Weasley

"I don't know where you learned about right and wrong, but you
seem to have missed a few crucial lessons." - Molly Weasley

Last edited by Dead Star; April 29th, 2011 at 4:33 am.
Old April 29th, 2011, 4:34 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Star View Post
I don't think they'd have Ron and Hermione shooting Killing Curses (although I could be wrong, of course). My guess is that they're just throwing whatever curses they can think of at Nagini, but none of them work, and then a wild Neville appears and beheads her.
It is just that the spell around Nagini looks green. Though they will all be nonverbal spells so i guess it doesn't matter, but in the past only the killing curse has been green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Star View Post
Maybe Harry says "Come on Tom, untie me, I want to show you a rare flower I saw growing on the edge of the tower, just follow me for a second..."

But yes, I'm wondering how he gets out of that one as well...
Well probably. I mean Voldemort is probably going to say i want to duel Harry properly like he did in GoF when he told Harry to pick up his wand and bow. That is the only thing i can think of.

Old April 29th, 2011, 4:40 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisKelpman View Post
Samuelcd, it's been confirmed that, just like the book, we do not see Lupin and Tonks die. Our last shot of them is exactly what we see in the trailer: they reach out and touch hands before the scene changes, implying that they have been killed.

You never know, we can only hope that they add at least a fighting scene in the backround with Lupin and Tonks. Test screeners could easily have missed it since it was their first viewing and many things when on at once.

-I have NOT read the Potter books, only watched the movies...sadly.
Old April 29th, 2011, 4:43 am
First Year

The trailer is so epic!!! The shot of Harry's eye was the thing that popped out to me. What scene do you think it is?

Old April 29th, 2011, 4:47 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStar87 View Post
The trailer is so epic!!! The shot of Harry's eye was the thing that popped out to me. What scene do you think it is?
My thought was either the forest again scene or after Harry watches Snape's memories in dumbledore's office. If i have to lean one way i would say forest again scene where he is walking to Voldemort.

Old April 29th, 2011, 4:48 am
Seventh Year

Do we have any descriptions from the test screening that say what exactly the cute moment is that makes it clear Ron and Hermione are definitely a couple?

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old April 29th, 2011, 4:49 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHP View Post
Do we have any descriptions from the test screening that say what exactly the cute moment is that makes it clear Ron and Hermione are definitely a couple?
The only thing I remember is... apparently they are around family or a crowd. So maybe in the Great Hall after the battle?

Old April 29th, 2011, 4:56 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
I think they mean the scene where they are hugging on the steps and Harry comes down the stairs from Dumbledore's office and sees them there.

Old April 29th, 2011, 5:04 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStar87 View Post
I think it might be in Dumbledore's office, after seeing Snape's memories, like decarus said.

Quote:
I can't remember if they specified any particular scene, but I do remember reading that after the kiss they're shown holding hands in a lot of scenes, and Hermione giving Ron loving looks from time to time.

"You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me.
" - Ron Weasley

"I don't know where you learned about right and wrong, but you
seem to have missed a few crucial lessons." - Molly Weasley
Old April 29th, 2011, 5:06 am
First Year

I just saw my life flash before my eyes... (I just watched the trailer)

Old April 29th, 2011, 5:29 am
Third Year

Quote:
I thought someone said they are just holding hands, so Harry just figures it out.

Old April 29th, 2011, 8:56 am
Third Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS]

So EPIC!!!

i had to hide in the bathroom so my siblings wouldn't see me cry.

this is going to be such a badass movie (neville at the bridge, mcGonagall being a BAMF with the statues, Harry, Ron, Hermione
i cried like a baby seeing them cry. So good!

the "finish this... together" line is weird. but Radcliffe delivers it great, so i'll live

the prince Tale looks So amazing.

but i'm looking more forward to the walk in the forest- that's the winning piece for me.

(and that's 100% lily i'm sure)

i also been haunting tumblr for stuff, and found this thing a girl posted- which makes me uneasy:

spoiler- theory:    

"quote: keybooksopendoors:
April 29,2011:

I have a horrible, horrible feeling about something i noticed in the trailer.

I noticed the shot of tonks looks at remus and streaching her hand to him (which broke my heart into a million pieces)

but it sent shivers down my spine noticing something,

looking at where they are, they are looking at something and look in some sort of tower-three window-door-walkway:

and then there is a shot of a similar looking window, being hit by a curse and exploding:

and I have the most horrible feeling that's how lupin/tonks die in the movie.

since they said that when harry sees them in the great hall, their hands are inches away from each others.

I hope they dont make it imply that because that's even more unfair than being killed by bella/dolohov.

and yeah.. what she says seems plausible.

and i will hate kloves forever if that's the "death" two of my favorite characters get.

Last edited by BlueBronzeNerd7; April 29th, 2011 at 9:02 am. Reason: fix spoiler tag
Old April 29th, 2011, 9:25 am
Fourth Year

That does indeed look like the same window but in the shot of the curse hitting it you cant see anyone in it.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:01 am
Second Year

I doubt it tbh, I don't think Lupin and Tonks would just stand there and say, "Ok we are about to die, let's just stand here and not run away from it or try to deflect it"(Which they probably could, they are strong).

If we don't see a death scene for them, i hope we at least get to see them fighting valiantly in the backround. Personally i would of liked it if we saw them fighting Dolohov and Bella, while they are fighting, we see a spell come at Lupin and then it cuts off. That would probably imply that he just got killed.

ALSO: remember this is a teaser trailer, they put these shots together to trick people sometimes and it works!

-I have NOT read the Potter books, only watched the movies...sadly.
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:10 am
Third Year

I wonder if we see a lot of Dean and Seamus in this part?
sorry I just love those two

{Magnolia class 0f 2010}
Ron & Hermione Forever
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:14 am
Second Year

I hope they play the main theme in the Gringotts break out. There's nothing more iconic in HP than the trio flying on the back of a dragon. It's just such an epic moment.

Old April 29th, 2011, 10:54 am
Third Year

Quote:

Well i don't know, but it could be a way to show that the Elder Wand really don't work when Voldemort use it at Harry. Cause thats the only way HArry would be able to have an extended duell with Voldemort, since in reallity (in the book) Harry would never stand a chance against Voldemort in a duel.

So Voldemort is fireing spells at Harry and he just blocks them. Just a thought

"The stories we love best, do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by
the big screen, Hogwarts will allways be there to welcome you home"

- JK Rowling

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References