Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore

Old June 16th, 2011, 4:42 am
Fourth Year

Re: Pottermore

Also why has pottercast become an official podcast. thats stupid.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2011, 4:50 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by capella_black View Post
Oh yeah, I missed Writing Competition the first time. And I'm wondering about the Tutorials too, I wonder if JKR wrote them herself? That would be amazing!

And I just had another awesome idea: What if she's an actual presence on this fansite? Like, occasionally dropping in on the threads and answering questions from fans, that sort of thing? Now that she's not scrambling to finish the series and she doesn't have to keep any "you'll find out in book 7" secrets, that might not be as ludicrous an idea as it would have been a few years ago....
Holy crud, this would be awesome! A website where JKR was actually a major prescence! How awesome would that be!? Especially one which had the Encyclopaedia along with it.

Perhaps I'm just letting my imagination get carried away, but if this is going in that direction, it really could be the most exciting thing since the books!

Old June 16th, 2011, 4:54 am
First Year

where was it confirmed its not a new book? i dont see where?

Old June 16th, 2011, 4:55 am
First Year

I am pretty sure these pics that have been floating around are fake.

The link the article provided that shows where they got the pictures says they were posted April 15 2011
the link
http://www.clubedoslugue.com/galeria...lbum=974&pos=0

And clubedoslugue twitter also made an announcement that these were fakes. (the fansite the pictures were taken from)
http://twitter.com/#!/ClubedoSlugue

Just wanted to get this info out there but who knows what is what this whole thing has got me so confused. lol

Last edited by LuckyGalleon; June 16th, 2011 at 4:59 am.
Old June 16th, 2011, 5:00 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGalleon View Post
I am pretty sure these pics that have been floating around are fake.

The link the article provided that shows where they got the pictures says they were posted April 15 2011
the link
http://www.clubedoslugue.com/galeria...lbum=974&pos=0

And clubedoslugue twitter also made an announcement that these were fakes. (the fansite the pictures were taken from)
http://twitter.com/#!/ClubedoSlugue

Just wanted to get this info out there but who knows what is what this whole thing has got me so confused. lol
haha prob thought they was going to be in big doodoo if they kept the pics up

Old June 16th, 2011, 5:06 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRemix View Post
haha prob thought they was going to be in big doodoo if they kept the pics up
lol Nope they are still up I made a oppsie and clicked a bad link and didn't check twice before I came back here and edited the post but now I fixed it lol . . . I do wonder what these pics are of . . . I'm thinking something from Leaky cause of the pottercast link. If it is fake I wish then that leaky would just come out with a statement but oh well . . .

Old June 16th, 2011, 5:14 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Um . . . did anyone see the line in that blog that says:

We are not sure for this and we’re awaiting confirmation from Clube do Slugue.

Update: Clube do Slugue said this photo are not real.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old June 16th, 2011, 5:15 am
Fourth Year

i dont believe them the pics look too good and real to be fake.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Old June 16th, 2011, 5:21 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_potter_fan View Post
i dont believe them the pics look too good and real to be fake.
I agree that they look just like the graphics on JKR's website. Who knows?

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old June 16th, 2011, 5:21 am
First Year

That is a good point. They do look very convincing and I was excited about it as well. Just seems to be some key things about it that struck me odd. The 2010 date. The pottercast link when pottercast has been practically defunct for a long time. And also the date April 15 2011 why so long ago? It is quite perplexing.

Also another point to add that NONE of the designs that came from the pottermore official website is on any of these pics. That neat font wouldn't they use that throughout the site. Nothing on these pics say pottermore at all in fact.

Last edited by LuckyGalleon; June 16th, 2011 at 5:30 am.
Old June 16th, 2011, 5:25 am
Hogwarts Graduate

about time something new has come from Jo. I wouldn't mind an on-line encyclopedia.
just like the Lexicon. Only with more stuff. And since when is Pottercast the official podcast? I thought it was Mugglecast? Mugglecast came first, then Pottercast, right?

Old June 16th, 2011, 5:25 am
Fourth Year

maybe is is an old design of the site.

Old June 16th, 2011, 5:29 am
First Year

Perhaps. I dunno. I have stated all the facts I have pointing to it being fake so I stand by them and I'm calling them fakes but who knows . . . they might just turn out to be along the lines of truth . . . just don't see how this random fansite would have these highly guarded pictures from way back two months ago . . .

Old June 16th, 2011, 5:34 am
Squee-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Here is preview pictures of Pottermore:

http://harrypotterreviews.wordpress....rmore-preview/

Looks absolutely incredible. Breathtaking. Look at all that. This is more than I could have hoped for!
Just an FYI, that site has been updated to say those pictures are fake.

I'm not sure what this site is, whether it is some kind of social media site, or a MMORPG, but I feel like its just too gimmick-y. I just want the encyclopedia.

ETA: and I don't like the idea of an online encyclopedia. I want a real book in my hands.

Old June 16th, 2011, 5:45 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post

I'm not sure what this site is, whether it is some kind of social media site, or a MMORPG, but I feel like its just too gimmick-y. I just want the encyclopedia.

ETA: and I don't like the idea of an online encyclopedia. I want a real book in my hands.
Same. I want a hard copy.

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old June 16th, 2011, 5:49 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post

I totally agree with you! When I found out that JK Rowling was going to reveal a new project I was sooooo excited . . then we get the website with pottermore written across in weird font. I literally tilted my head to the side when I saw it lol . . . it was NOT what i was expecting at allll. I wont call it gimmicky yet cause as of now we have no idea what it is and it might just blow my mind . . so waiting to judge till we find out. Just . . . totally clueless right now.

Also I def. want the encyclopedia in my hands not on the computer. I just don't see it happening . . . I'm sure JK Rowling wont pass up the opportunity to give the proceeds to charity like she did when she released the tales of beedle the bard. just my two cents.

Last edited by LuckyGalleon; June 16th, 2011 at 5:53 am.
Old June 16th, 2011, 5:57 am
Hogwarts Graduate

but we are still excited!! It's been a lonnng time since we had anything new from JKRowling. I thought it would be an on-line encyclopedia like the Lexicon only because some fans said it wasn't a book. Maybe Pottermore will be a place where we can ask Jo questions about the books and she will answer. oh wait, I thought that is why she had a Twitter account.

Old June 16th, 2011, 6:02 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
but we are still excited!! It's been a lonnng time since we had anything new from JKRowling. I thought it would be an on-line encyclopedia like the Lexicon only because some fans said it wasn't a book. Maybe Pottermore will be a place where we can ask Jo questions about the books and she will answer. oh wait, I thought that is why she had a Twitter account.
Indeed . . . and her official website as well. I am totally at a loss for what it could be. Just hope it lives up to all this hype.

Old June 16th, 2011, 6:08 am
Seventh Year

Im looking forward to see what the site has in store for us! I hope the Encyclopedia still comes out in book form though (call me old fashioned, not a huge fan of the ebooks yet). I'd like to actually own it and not just it be online. Maybe this is kind of a look into what the Encylopedia will be, plus much more interactive stuff too?

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old June 16th, 2011, 6:13 am
First Year

I'm excited and looking forward to the reveal! Even though it could even be as good as a new HP book, I think it will be pretty cool.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References