Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

DH cause you strange dreams?

Old July 31st, 2007, 2:58 am
First Year

DH cause you strange dreams?

Don't know where else to post this.

Did anyone experience strange dreams after reading DH or any other HP books? The morning after DH came out, my husband asked me if I had any really strange dreams because of the book because he did. I also had some very strange dreams although now I can't remember them. Anyone else experience this?

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2007, 3:09 am
Third Year

Re: DH cause you strange dreams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRae View Post
Don't know where else to post this.

Did anyone experience strange dreams after reading DH or any other HP books? The morning after DH came out, my husband asked me if I had any really strange dreams because of the book because he did. I also had some very strange dreams although now I can't remember them. Anyone else experience this?
I definitely did. And I had even stranger ones during my second re-read of the book... I don't remember much about them, but I do remember thinking how odd they were.

Old July 31st, 2007, 3:18 am
Third Year

I had a weird one last night, but I'm too embarrassed to share it. I'm in the middle of re-reading the book for a second time.

Pottermore Profile:
OwlPurple114
House: Ravenclaw
Wand Specifics: 12 1/4 in...Cedar...Phoenix Feather...Unbending

Proud Member of the House of Ravenclaw
Old July 31st, 2007, 3:34 am
First Year

Wow, yeah.

After I finished reading the book, I went to bed. And I guess because that was on my mind, I dreamed all night about it. It was like I was reading it, except I was sleeping. I swear I felt my lips moving. I was dreaming the whole fight scene thing over and over. And, each time it was different.

It was interesting.

Old July 31st, 2007, 3:52 am
Second Year

Yes. I finished the book on the evening of the 21st. I remember dreaming about the King's Cross scene, exactly as it was in the book... seeing that weird baby thing too. It was veryyy freaky and it felt sooo real! lol

Old July 31st, 2007, 4:03 am
First Year

always, because i get so into the books.

I read about 12 chapters by Monday night (had company and a family picnic and work). I had dreams of Voldy looking for me (Voldy was apparently a Ninja jumping into window frames in a black outfit).

Weird.

...naill_renfro's LiveJournal Parody of DH.
Old July 31st, 2007, 4:07 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigster View Post
always, because i get so into the books.

I read about 12 chapters by Monday night (had company and a family picnic and work). I had dreams of Voldy looking for me (Voldy was apparently a Ninja jumping into window frames in a black outfit).

Weird.
That is brilliant! They should've had Voldemort in a black ninja outfit in the OotP movie instead of the all-black suit.

Old July 31st, 2007, 4:16 am
Sixth Year

Oh, completely. This actually happened after HBP, too; I remember talking about it with some of my friends, because we were all dreaming bizarre, HP-related things. It must be all the excitement and obsession and emotion coming out, I suppose...

Anyway, um, this time I don't really remember any specifics, except for one about staying in a chalet near Skegness with Hermione and my family :/ At least it was not a tent. Also, at least I did not kill her this time! (There's a recurring theme in my dreams where I end up killing Hermione... I guess it's likely that there's a horrible psychological reason for that, and I think I have an idea what it is, but shush, you.)

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing
Old July 31st, 2007, 7:31 am
First Year

i had a bad night friday night before i got my copy. i was so afraid that i would hear spoilers! so i tossed and turned and dreamt about getting the book.

Old July 31st, 2007, 8:07 am
Second Year

I think I had one this morning, but I don't remember any of it.

Old July 31st, 2007, 11:38 am
First Year

The night before the book was released I was so hyped up about it that I had a dream about how it would end. But so far, no strang dreams since reading it & I'm on my 3rd time.

Old July 31st, 2007, 12:21 pm
First Year

Embarassingly enough, I dreamt of Harry Potter when I re-read the book, although it made no sense, and it was never a real scene.

Old July 31st, 2007, 1:05 pm
First Year

I had a couple of of dreams during my second read through. I doubt I had any after the first as I just kinda passed out from being up for nearly 36 hours.

Old July 31st, 2007, 2:25 pm
Third Year

Aha! i had one yesterday i'll tell you...
me my sister and my cousin (girl) were the trio, and we were serching for horcruxes, in my school we've got a seperate P.E department, and we went in there and into an underground tunnel. We kept on walking and there was light and posters on the wall, so we thought tht this was where Voldemort had put his horcruxes, and then i found one, it was like a badge, and i think i destroyed it.
the same thing happened again but this time i couldn't destroy it and Voldemort caught us and he was wearing white so the three of us disapparated to the top of the building.
he was searching for us and we were hiding, then we had lost my sister and saw Voldemort coming out of a room and i screamed "MURDERER" because i had the feeling he had killed someone because his face had gone black, then this man came and caught him and i found out he had killed my sister! So me and my cousin are walking with the man and i'm telling him that Dumledore gave me a mission and i need to complete it. Then we realise Voldemort has gone but in the back of my head i know i destroyed the horcrux but i carry on searching for it. And i think i wake up after that. it was really weird but trust me its true! Oh and i had another one but it was about our school having houses like hogwarts and i'm explaining to the teacher what slytherin house looks like. i know what your'e thinking

Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow, Like fragile tiny shells, Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.

We miss you Uncle Iroh

Proud member of OFINOA (obsessed fans in need of Avatar)

Germany to win Euro 08
Old July 31st, 2007, 2:32 pm
Third Year

Whoa! There seem to be so many people who had strange dreams after reading Deathly Hallows. Well, I had one but it wasn't really strange, and I had it before the book even got released. I was just dreaming buying the book in a nearby bookstore.

Old July 31st, 2007, 3:01 pm
First Year

I did have HP dreams while re-reading the book. I don't remember anything specific... just HP characters running around in my head. Weird.

Old July 31st, 2007, 3:10 pm
Second Year

Of course it did! I always get Harry Potter related dreams when I am reading the books. In fact, I still get strange dreams...

I guess we are so into the wizarding world, it's only natural to get weird dreams.

He sat there for a long time, gazing out at the water, trying not to think about his godfather or to remember that it was directly across from here, on the opposite bank, that Sirius had once collapsed trying to fend off a hundred Dementors…

The sun had set before he realised he was cold. He got up and returned to the castle, wiping his face on his sleeve as he went.

Old July 31st, 2007, 3:11 pm
First Year

God Yes! I was bussy harry potter from monday till the release day because i orginaized the release party in the American Book Center in Amsterdam. So only HP was on my mind. When i finally got the book i was soo tired, but i read it till 7 in the morning haha and when i finished it, i was totally obsessed, so the day after it i was already re-reading it! So ye i dreamed bout it, about the fight and everything and i kept waking up in panic nd bugs were bothering me in rl, so a hour or so later i woke up again and i yelled: IMMOBLES! (or however u write it)to the bugs nd my aunt who was lying next to me, woke up screaming hahhahaha!
So than i knew it was time to take a break and read another book for a sec!

Old July 31st, 2007, 4:47 pm
Fifth Year

i had the strangest one last night, i posted it in the HP dreams thread, ill go and find it...

Here it is:

Quote:
i had a dream last night, at first it was just like a normal dream, but then all of a sudden it went HP releated, Voldy came in and started trying to kill me (i suppose i resembled Harry) and then i tried to stupefy him, but i missed, then he used crucio, and came into the room, but while laying on the floor, i AK'ed him, but he didnt die, he just went all fuzzy and like a hologram, (it was sort of like a ghost) then i ran outside and he (voldy) got into a pink mini (car) and started trying to run me over. but i jumped on his car and was surfing around on it. then he crashed. i was going to explode him with "Bombarda" but when i did that, it sent all snowflakes at him and froze him. then i woke up.....

it was weird.
Thats how Voldy really died! he got frozen to death with bombarda!

The evening i got the book (i hadnt finished it yet) all i kept dreaming about was Harry and Ginny's kiss.

"The tank is empty let it dry,
I'm suffering.
A passion ending,
So the world ceases turning."
Old July 31st, 2007, 6:19 pm
First Year

I had a dream last night that I met J.K. Rowling and I was telling her a story about a building, so when she signed my copy of DH she drew a line drawing of the building on the first page! It was completely random but I was in awe during the entire dream because she remembered my story!

Last edited by Alcyone; July 31st, 2007 at 6:55 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References