I'm still sitting in the same chair.

Hissy Hissy Little Snakey
Pottermore:WolfsbaneMarauder33
Wand: Dragon Black Walnut 11 1/2 in. unyielding
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2008, 5:59 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Re: Deathly Hallows Anniversary

I went to B&N, and watched the kids do their contests and costumes, which was cute and fun. Then I got my book. I had an early number, and got home by 1 am-ish. I remember best the highlights of reading the book the first time.

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old July 27th, 2008, 7:48 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Mine wasn't the greatest. I was planning on reading the book in one day like I did with OOTP and HBP, but unfortunatly I had work the same day the book came out. I was so close to calling in sick but my mom wouldn't let me. So I read the book from 4:00pm to arond 11:00pm. Then I finished the book the next morning/afternoon when I woke up.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 28th, 2008, 6:24 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
Exactly one year ago I was lounging in the Slytherin Common Room, participating in a Harry Potter trivia contest (as Dobby the House-Elf). As it was July 20, 2007 (which Harry Potter fan could forget that day?), I was at the Deathly Hallows release party!

What remembrances do you have concerning your night waiting to hold the Deathly Hallows in your hands?

The party I attended began at nine o'clock, at ten we made wands, at 10:30 I had my face painted, eleven at a trivia contest, 11:30 a costume contest, and afterward waiting in line for the Deathly Hallows book!
Wow, sounded like a blast! Hm....I don't really recall the day very well. However, I do remember waiting for my nephew to be dropped off. I didn't eat any dinner because I just wanted to go to where all the excitement was. So it took forever for my dad to get in the car, and then at last minute he decides lets go to dinner! So I was an hour and a half late to Barnes and Noble, I was most upset....... There was people everywhere. I went to check in and then my nephew wanted to check things out. I wasn't really the type to get my face painted, and my nephew was a big chicken, and not to be rude, but the paintings weren't so hot..... We walked around and ran into some people. Then my nephew noticed these feetprint on the floor, he wanted to follow them, but I really didn't want to. I had to chase after him, I'm actually glade I did because we would've never found the line.....

So we sat in line. It was pretty good since we sat next to this lady and her granddaughter, she kept my nephew occupied, until she took off with her mom..... Luckily, this couple sat next to us and the guy brought some books for my nephew to look at when he went to get coffee. I was ever so grateful. It was fun because the whole store started singing, and then we were humming the song to Harry Potter, and people were yelling at each other from across the aisles. I love how we Potter fans join together at these times, even though we might be complete strangers.......

And then the countdown began, and the line was moving, and people were clapping and whooping. It wasn't like that when HBP came out at boring BooksAMillion...... I remember my fingers tingling when the man handed me DH. The sensation and the excitement coursing through me, rushing down the escalators, trying not to trip, and not losing my nephew. I was most upset to let it go when I had to pay for it. On the way home, I just held it in my hands, not wanting to let go of the feeling of a new, unread Harry Potter book.......

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....

Last edited by xhanax315; July 28th, 2008 at 6:28 am.
Old July 21st, 2017, 9:41 pm
Snidget of Champions

It' been 10 years since the release of DH! In some ways it feels like so long ago, but we've been so spoiled since the release that it almost seems like it should be more than 10! I expected to have the films and be more or less done after 2011, but we've had quite a bit of new material over just the last 6 years. But it just hasn't felt the same - as a fandom, or to myself - since that last book was read!

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 24th, 2017, 5:40 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
It' been 10 years since the release of DH! In some ways it feels like so long ago, but we've been so spoiled since the release that it almost seems like it should be more than 10! I expected to have the films and be more or less done after 2011, but we've had quite a bit of new material over just the last 6 years. But it just hasn't felt the same - as a fandom, or to myself - since that last book was read!
I feel the same. In anticipation of the release of DH, I read the first 6 books to refresh my memory of details!

....I miss David Tennant....
Old July 24th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Zonko's Employee

I went to a midnight release, got mine relatively early, then went out to my car and called a friend who was as big a Potter fan as I was, but who lived three time zones west of me, and read her the final chapter and the epilogue. Sure, there were a few spoilers, but we both knew we were getting 'em, and that there would be a lot of good reading setting up those final bits.

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak