Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to From Here v7

Old July 8th, 2007, 2:18 am
First Year

Re: Harry and Ginny - Where to From Here v7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post
And you think if Ginny dies when Harry isn't around he won't blame himself? The fact is, Ginny is in danger no matter where Harry is, she will be a target for a number of reasons. She is probably very high on the DE Most Wanted right now.

For a bunch of reasons why she is in danger already:

Ginny is a target no matter where she is. Harry needs to realize this. The fact is, she will probably be safer actually with Harry because he will be able to protect her, and if he is on the move a lot, she will be less likely to be found by Voldemort.

If Ginny is injured, tortured, killed, or anything else, Harry is going to blame himself whether it is truly his fault or not. And Harry isn't thinking about Ginny's feelings in this either. If she stays behind and Harry dies, Ginny will blame herself for not being there.
Since when is Ginny on the Death Eater's most wanted list? No one even knows Ginny, she would only be targeted if she stays with Harry, who is the main enemy to Voldemort now. If Ginny stays in hiding she won't die.

Which Marauder Are You?
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2007, 3:01 am
Second Year

The Death Eaters don't know Ginny has any connection to Harry. I doubt they're craving to kill her, and I certainly hope they don't. I never was a huge Ginny fan but I don't want her to die. My guess is they will end up together, she'll be Harry's life long mate as much as I really didn't want that to happen before. I'm fine with it now.

Last edited by AL_Patterson; July 8th, 2007 at 3:06 am.
Old July 8th, 2007, 3:02 am
Sixth Year

But Ginny is in danger! She is a Weasley, which in itself lists her high on Voldemort's list. The Weasley family is the biggest bunch of blood traitors that ever lived! Add to that the fact that she is the only girl in generations makes her the Weasley more likely to be targeted because it hits the family hardest.

Also, Mr. Malfoy told Voldemort about the diary being destroyed. I'm postive Voldemort would've wanted very specific details about the fate of his horcrux. He knows Ginny survived the diary's possesion of her, something that was never intended to happen. Who knows what the diary horcrux might have revealed to Ginny, which could turn up as highly important to Harry's horcrux hunt. Voldemort definately knows who Ginny is.

Add to this the fact that the whole school was talking about Harry and Ginny dating. Everyone knows they were together, but only two people so far know they broke up. Even if you think Malfoy will go to the good side, who is to say that he didn't report Harry's romance to Voldemort before that fateful night? We don't know what all Malfoy's task included. Perhaps he was told to report on who Harry is close to at school as well as kill Dumbledore, so Voldemort can exploit Harry's feelings like he did with Sirius. Voldemort isn't stupid. While he had to know Malfoy could never kill Dumbledore, he would've wanted something useful from Malfoy. And Malfoy definately wouldn't have known about Harry and Ginny breaking up.

Ginny is a target for Voldemort. Harry breaking up with her is not going to solve anything or keep her any safer than she would be while with Harry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
she would only be targeted if she stays with Harry, who is the main enemy to Voldemort now. If Ginny stays in hiding she won't die.
Ginny would never be content to stay in hiding while Harry is off facing danger like that. I don't think she will go on the Horcurx hunt, but she will be doing what ever she can from where ever she is. We've listed before possible things Ginny could be doing while Harry and the trio are off on their hunt. She won't take a background seat in DH. She's become far too important for that.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old July 8th, 2007, 4:30 am
Secret Keeper

i know that they love each other, but I think Harry is going to die, but if he doesn't, they'll keep going out and eventually get married, unless Ginny dies to save Harry, of course, I don't want any of this to happen, but I think it will

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 8th, 2007, 10:57 pm
Sixth Year

I still think Ginny is going to live. Harry has enough reasons to fight Voldemort. His mindset right now is that he is going to die and he just wants to take Voldemort with him. Harry needs Ginny to stay alive so that he has a reason to live.

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:46 pm
Sixth Year

Ginny should ditch Harry for a guy with red hair so that the ginger kid tradition will stay alive!

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:52 am
First Year

well since harry has to go to the weasley's for the wedding theres obviously going to be at least a little bit about ginny and harry ...i think in the end if harry is not killed theyll end up together ....and as for her safety ..well i dont think it matters if she dies with harry or if she dies 100 miles away ..hell still blame himself

Old July 10th, 2007, 2:14 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Right, but the point is she’s in more danger without him than she would be with him.

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old July 10th, 2007, 5:44 am
Sixth Year

Exactly. Harry thinks he's being noble, but in reality, his "noble" act fails to serve the desired purpose. Ginny is not going to be any safer at the Burrow then she will be anywhere else. And Hogwarts has been proven to have a weak point (although I'm sure McGonagal will see to it that the Vanishing Cabinet is destroyed or broken again).

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old July 10th, 2007, 7:31 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post
I still think Ginny is going to live. Harry has enough reasons to fight Voldemort. His mindset right now is that he is going to die and he just wants to take Voldemort with him. Harry needs Ginny to stay alive so that he has a reason to live.

maybe the fact that harry believes he will die is why he broke up with ginny so it didnt hurt her as much when he did die. but i dont see how this would matter because ginny still loves him so if he died then she would still be extreamly sad.

i love it!
Old July 10th, 2007, 9:17 pm
Third Year

Quote:
maybe the fact that harry believes he will die is why he broke up with ginny so it didnt hurt her as much when he did die. but i dont see how this would matter because ginny still loves him so if he died then she would still be extreamly sad
I think your right but it wouldn't make any diffrence. I think that Harry felt that if they were still going out, she might go on the horcrux search with him. Even thugh that will never happen, I think Harry felt that way.

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Old July 10th, 2007, 9:49 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsweasley51490 View Post
maybe the fact that harry believes he will die is why he broke up with ginny so it didnt hurt her as much when he did die. but i dont see how this would matter because ginny still loves him so if he died then she would still be extreamly sad.
I think it would make her even more sad because he would have died with them not being together. IF he does die (I don't think he will) then the break-up would be worse for Ginny because she would have unresolved issues for the rest of her life, that is why Harry needs to patch things up with her before he goes into the final battle. He will need her love to help him defeat Voldy afterall that is the one weapon that he has that Voldy never has had and never will.

Old July 11th, 2007, 3:31 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04 View Post
He will need her love to help him defeat Voldy afterall that is the one weapon that he has that Voldy never has had and never will.
I completely agree.
Harry has a tendency to push his loved ones away when he needs them most. His love with Ginny is going to aid him in the final battle, regardless of the final outcome for him. Her love is going to be key for the downfall of Voldemort.

Gryffindor Girl

I Solemnly Swear That I am Up to No Good

Crookshanks secretly fancies Mrs. Norris... Meow!
Old July 11th, 2007, 6:06 am
Sixth Year

Harry isn't thinking about how Ginny will feel if he were to die on the Horcrux Hunt. He is protecting his own heart while leaving Ginny's out in the open. If he ever wants to have a successful relationship with her, he is going to have to take her feelings into account and let her have input in decisions that affect both of them.

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old July 11th, 2007, 6:41 am
First Year

I think that Harry is going to see Ginny one last time at the end of DH before leaving for somewhere. Technically, though, us fans have bigger problems than Harry's love life.

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:19 am
Sixth Year

Well, naturally I agree that Harry's love life is not the most important thing, but if you believe that Harry's greatest power is his ability to love, then Harry needs to embrace that power and not push his loved ones away. You can't use your power of love if there is no one around to be loved.

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old July 12th, 2007, 6:27 am
Fifth Year

I think that Harry and Ginny will have to put their relationship on hold, for the reasons that Harry had at the end of HBP. If Voldemort knew about Harry and Ginny, she would be a prime target as a way to weaken or even defeat Harry. Harry knows this danger, but it seemed like Ginny didn't care and wanted to be with him anyways. I can only see the original trio going on to find the horcruxes though, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 12th, 2007, 6:40 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen
You can't use your power of love if there is no one around to be loved.
Exactly. It can't be, like, Harry only "having" or "knowing" of the love he has for other people that is going to save his life. That won't be enough. The larger part is how he has to learn not to deny himself of the love other people have for him, to embrace it, use it to make each other stronger and use it as a tool to fight Voldemort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootandme
I think that Harry and Ginny will have to put their relationship on hold, for the reasons that Harry had at the end of HBP. If Voldemort knew about Harry and Ginny, she would be a prime target as a way to weaken or even defeat Harry. Harry knows this danger, but it seemed like Ginny didn't care and wanted to be with him anyways. I can only see the original trio going on to find the horcruxes though, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
But Ginny will be in danger regardless of whether or not she is together with Harry! She is a member of a family who is widely known as blood-traitors. Besides, nobody else knows that they have broken up, except for Harry and Ginny themselves, so Malfoy or whoever can easily spread the word to Voldemort, thinking that they're still together and all that. Even if they are not officially together, their feelings for each other won't just disappear like that so Voldemort may look into their minds and find out about how much they care for each other and then... you know.

That is why the break-up was pointless. It doesn't serve any purpose except to make each other miserable and maybe even endanger Ginny more, because Harry won't be there to protect her or let her know what is going on.

Old July 12th, 2007, 7:19 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pygmY_PufFer View Post
Exactly. It can't be, like, Harry only "having" or "knowing" of the love he has for other people that is going to save his life. That won't be enough. The larger part is how he has to learn not to deny himself of the love other people have for him, to embrace it, use it to make each other stronger and use it as a tool to fight Voldemort.

But Ginny will be in danger regardless of whether or not she is together with Harry! She is a member of a family who is widely known as blood-traitors. Besides, nobody else knows that they have broken up, except for Harry and Ginny themselves, so Malfoy or whoever can easily spread the word to Voldemort, thinking that they're still together and all that. Even if they are not officially together, their feelings for each other won't just disappear like that so Voldemort may look into their minds and find out about how much they care for each other and then... you know.

That is why the break-up was pointless. It doesn't serve any purpose except to make each other miserable and maybe even endanger Ginny more, because Harry won't be there to protect her or let her know what is going on.
Exactly.

I've already said this on the Ron/Hermione thread, but just in case there are some people here that don't post there - with the forum closing in just a few hours, I wanted to let you all know how much I've enjoyed discussing the possibilities with you. Enjoy the book and I'll see you on the flip side!

------------------------------------------------

The Pensieve Forums
will remain open! Join now!

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies