Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Spirited Away

Old March 15th, 2009, 2:23 am
First Year

Spirited Away

Have any of you guys seen the anime movie "Spirited Away"? It's one of my favorites. If you haven't seen it, You really should. It's about a little girl who wanders into a magical land with her parents. I don't want to give too much away, but it's a REALLY good movie. It's made by the same person as "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Princess Monenoke". Did I spell that right? Oh well. It's the only one out of the three I haven't seen.

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2009, 12:31 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Re: Spirited Away

It's Princess Mononoke

I love Spirited Away myself, it's just the perfect movie, great animation and perfect music.

If you are a fan of people behind the movies do take a look at this thread: The Studio Ghibli Thread

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old March 15th, 2009, 2:22 pm
Assistant to Minister Granger

Except for Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle (which is absolutely fantastic!!!), and Spirited Away, Miyazaki is also the author of My Neighbour Totoro, his best-known film, I think.

Old March 15th, 2009, 8:52 pm
Banned

Spirited Away was fantastic. I loved it! Some parts of it were a bit gross and really strange, but that's why I liked the movie. It wasn't really your typical kid's animated movie. This is my absolute favorite animated movie. For some reason, I loved the giant baby. It was just so weird.

Old September 5th, 2009, 12:47 pm
Fifth Year

Howl's Moving Castle was always my favorite until I saw Spirited Away, I watched them in the wrong order. My favorite scene in Spirited Away in the bath house scene where Chihiro bathes the river spirit who was polluted.
I think this is the best of Hayao Miyazaki films!

I am gespatchio Oh!
Old September 5th, 2009, 7:46 pm
Sixth Year

I'm not into Anime that much, but I thought this movie was fantastic

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old September 7th, 2009, 6:54 am
First Year

I love Spirited Away, it's a really wonderful movie. Howl's Moving Castle is also really good too.

Old September 8th, 2009, 9:19 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

I liked Spirited Away pretty well... but my favorite animé was Princess Monoke. Such a wonderful job on both though . And they both made me think. Not so much with American cartoons though (no offense) -- they're mainly for entertainment.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old October 1st, 2009, 4:44 am
Curse Breaker

Absolutely loved Spirited Away. The animation is so incredibly detailed and creative, a Miyazaki masterpiece.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old May 12th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Fifth Year

I just saw this movie recently, and I actually thought it was quite interesting. Maybe not what I would call a "good" movie, but definitely food for thought and worth watching. I suppose my primary reason for not "loving" it is that I am (personally) just not satisfied with the way the story ends.

"I am having that kind of day where if the winds blow in a different direction, I am reduced to a gelatinous mass of tear-soaked silly-putty, caterwauling in a heap until someone spoon-feeds me chocolate and tells me I'm pretty."

...anyone got any M&Ms?
Old May 12th, 2010, 7:34 pm
First Year

I really like that movie, it's so different from American/European cartoons and movies ! The animation is brilliant, very detailed, colorful and dynamic (like all of Miyazaki's movies), it's just very "different" from what people are used to and that makes it special. It's also not "just a children's movie", I think everybody can enjoy a movie like that.

Old May 13th, 2010, 9:20 am
Second Year

I saw this quite recently, and absolutely loved it! The amount of technical detail in each and every one of the frames was just amazing to behold, and I was a bit overwhelmed even in the first few minutes, before it got really out-there.

I find it rather amazing that people on this earth can create such a large, detailed and totally alien world. It rather intimidating to think of all the genius floating around out there. This film is just a wonderful embodiment of it. It's dynamic, it's fun, it's colourful, it's unusual, and above all, it gives you something to think about and sticks in your mind. I particularly loved the little dust-mite things carrying the pieces of coal - they were probably my favourite little creations.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion