Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Favourite HP movie so far

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite movie so far?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 42 7.39%
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 26 4.58%
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 121 21.30%
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 42 7.39%
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 37 6.51%
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 168 29.58%
Harry Pottter and the Deathly Hallows (it will just rock the most...) 132 23.24%
Voters: 568. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 21st, 2009, 7:14 pm
Third Year

Re: Where does HBP rank in your favorite HP films?

1. POA is above and beyond my favorite. To me its in its own class

2/3. I can't decide yet between my 2nd and 3rd, so it's a tie between GOF and HBP
4.OOTP
5.SS
6.COS

Proud member of

-She is the definition of perfect-
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2009, 7:17 pm
Second Year

1. HBP
2. PoA
3. OotP
4. PS
5. CoS
6. GoF

Old July 21st, 2009, 7:54 pm
Fourth Year

From order of most favorite to least:

SS
POA
GOF
HBP
OotP
COS

Sorcerer's Stone is just an endearing classic in my mind. Forever fixed with wonderful memories of discovering it all. I couldn't really move until maybe DH comes out. That might trump SS as my absolute favorite.

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living and above all, those who live without love."

Tom Riddle's death was the saddest in Deathly Hallows, because he never really lived.
Old July 21st, 2009, 8:22 pm
First Year

My order is..

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Chamber of Secrets
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Philosopher's Stone
6. Half Blood Prince

Old July 21st, 2009, 8:45 pm
Second Year

For me, they rank:

1) GOF
2) HBP
3) OOTP
4) POA
5) PS
6) COS

But I do think Hallows Part 2 will be epic beyond belief and take over my No.1 spot.

Old July 21st, 2009, 10:31 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

1) GOF
2) HBP
3)CoS
4)SS/PS
5)POA
6)OotP

Old July 21st, 2009, 10:44 pm
Fourth Year

1.PoA
2.HBP
3.GoF
4.CoS
5.SS
-
-
-
-
6.OotP

PoA is still my favorite. I sirusly can't go 1 minute while watching OotP without critisizing it. Not to mention some of my least favorite characters appear a lot in this one. Also, Sirius dies which kills me. OotP was just horrible!! I hate Cho and Umbridge so it was particularly annoying for me to watch. Plus I just plain hated a lot of the scenes. That movie sucked!!!

And I will wait until I actually see DH to say anything...

Marauders' girl through and through.
Padfoot is my love

Last edited by Bella_Crucio_U; July 21st, 2009 at 10:53 pm.
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:52 pm
First Year

1) OOTP
2) POA
3) HBP
4) PS
5) COS
6) GoF

Old July 21st, 2009, 11:54 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchristen03 View Post
I was wondering, where does HBP rank in your favorite HP films?

We've seen 6 of the HP films so far. Where does HBP rank?
Well, I've only seen HBP once so far but I thought it was the best yet...edging out my longtime fav of PS/SS.

I'll have to see if it can stand up to repeat viewings though I've watched the first film at least 50 times

Anyways, as of now this is how I rank them:

1. HBP- (9.5/10)
2. PS/SS- (9.3/10)
3. PoA- (9/10)
4. CoS- (8.5/10)
5. OotP- (7.5/10)
6. GoF- (6.9/10)

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; July 21st, 2009 at 11:59 pm.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:49 am
Third Year

1. Hbp
2. Gof
3. Ootp
4. Poa
5. Cos
6. Ss

Old July 22nd, 2009, 1:11 am
Zonko's Employee

My fave movies follow my fave book rankings:

1. OoTP
2. PS/SS
3. PoA
4. GoF
5. HBP
6. (Reserved for DH unless by some fluke they make an Oscar worthy movie)
7. CoS

Old July 22nd, 2009, 2:55 am
First Year

My list of favorite Harry Potter movies is as follows:
1. Goblet of Fire. The book is still my favorite. It has action, suspense, diabolical plots, and a very lethal, very alive Lord Voldemort in the flesh and every bit as evil as everyone said he was.

2. Prisoner of Azkaban. The first movie where Harry is directly and personally threatened (even if Serius Black turns out to be innocent).

3. Order of the Phoenix. The loathsome Delores Umbridge is Harry's determined and very powerful ememy (backed by the Ministry). The story didn't drag, the action scenes were powerful and frightening (particularly the duel between Voldemort and Dumbledore), and death of Sirius was tragic.

4. Half Blood Prince. This could move up the list over time. It covered many of the elements of the book fairly faithfully, including the first potions lesson, the love potion followed by the poisoning of Ron, a lot of the romances going on, the Cave scene and Dumbledore's death.

My problems with the movie are the lack of any detail about Voldemort and his horcruxes (except that he wanted to divide his soul seven times, which really wasn't emphasized). In the book Dumbledore detailed each of the horcruxes, and why Voldemort had selected them. Then Dumbledore made educated guesses as to what the remaining ones might be.

In the movie, Dumbledore airily says, in response to Harry's question about what the horcruxes might be, that they could be anything! Then he follows up that statement by showing Harry Riddle's diary and a ring (which gives off visions of the cave for some reason), without telling Harry why those two items had been chosen as horcruxes! The movie Harry must be absolutely in the dark about what he has to do, and how in blazes to do it.

5. Chamber of Secrets. The riddle of Riddle and the secret Chamber of Secrets reveals a great deal about Lord Voldemort, and has a "real" Phoenix and Basalisk. Dumbledore is a twin of the one in the books.

6. Sorcerer's Stone. "The man with two faces" comes to life on the screen. Dumbledore is again great.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 3:33 am
Fourth Year

HBP is certainly at the top. The acting was just excellent and the improvement from Radcliffe is nice and assuring going into the final movies. Yes a few spots that annoyed me but I other than the Burrow scene and the lack of action at the end I felt they knocked it out of the park.

PoA was the second best without question. It was a breath of fresh air after the first two movies with a new director moving the film in a new direction. Only thing that was annoying was lack of explanation about the Marauders and thats actually my only complaint.

OotP is close behind. I found it thoroughly enjoyable although reasonably rushed. After all the book is some 800 pages. A lot of things cut out and a little confusing at times but never the less one of the better Potter movies.

CoS and SS are close together, a big gap between them and OotP mind you.

GOF is hands down the worst movie! The story was butchered in so many areas with nothing special coming from the acting of Daniel and Emma. Barty Crouch skulking around the Quidditch Cup scene when no one is supposed to know hes alive. Not to mention he casts the mark after hes met with Voldemort! A third task of attacking bushes, Filch being a complete and utter joke, Crouch randomly dead in the woods no explanation, no Imperius curse. The entire story of Crouch and how he pulled off the entire thing wasn't there. It was terrible. It was capped off by Voldemort being resurrected with five Death Eaters at his side. I'm sure Dumbledore is peeing his pants knowing that Voldemort has a whole five death eaters to work with.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 3:45 am
Registered Animagus

1. HBP
2. PS
3. OOTP
4. COS
5. GOF
7. POA

I think I enjoyed HBP the most out of any of them and I honestly think it's also the best executed (stand alone) film.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 3:57 am
Banned

HBP takes the number one spot in my list, followed by OotP, PoA, GoF, CoS, and PS/SS.

Old July 22nd, 2009, 4:41 am
Third Year

My rankings:

1. HBP
2. PoA
3. OotP
4. SS
5. GoF
6. CoS

HBP is my favorite because I truly felt the magic of the wizarding world in this one. They were all acting like normal teenagers but the magic really came out. The acting was the best its ever been and they've all really and truly emobodied their characters. Everything flowed really well, i just wish they would have added more about the Half-Blood Prince. The humor was a nice change.

PoA was beautiful and it's direction was amazing. It was new and different and a more accurate and magical view on the wizarding world, in my opinion. It was quirky and nicely crafted. There isn't anything I would change about it, or add if I could.

OotP was handled very well. Something were a bit confusing I think. I would have liked more of an explanation about the prophecy and made the DoM battle twice as long, but everything else was really good. I really loved how they handled the ministry's new attitude.

SS - There isn't too much substance, but I simply enjoy watching the trio and what it's like to go to a magical school. I wish the sets could have been a bit more creative and magical. I pictured Hogwarts to be other worldy and this didn't really capture that.

GoF - I can hardly stand watching this movie. I feel like the completely lost the magic of Harry's world when adapting this one. I didn't like how they handled the three tasks. The maze should have had more obstacles and the dragon scene shouldn't have been as drawn out. They also should have developed the stories of the other champions a bit more. I feel like it isn't balanced evenly and the pacing was off.

CoS - I really don't like this film. It uses the same formula that SS did and it just doesn't work for this story. I just find myself extremely bored while watching it.

Last edited by LordThingy; July 22nd, 2009 at 4:52 am.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 4:54 am
BANNED... No really they are...

At first, I was disappointed with the third one, which was my favorite movie until I saw HBP. Now, however, this sixth movie is my favorite by far. I was so surprised that not only did they stick with the book, but that it was so well made! I had been disappointed with the others, including POA at first, but now, I have nothing but high hopes for the last two. This one was amazing.

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old July 22nd, 2009, 5:26 am
Fifth Year

Screw it, I guess this one is my favorite now...

1. HBP - best allaround movie IMO
2. OOTP - narrowly edges PoA , but maybe I've seen PoA too many times
3. PoA - the movie that saved this series...only major thing wrong with it is the rushed climax IMO, given how much more intense it is in the book...I'm a massive Snape fan
4. PS - for pure sentimentality. Faithful to the book but not to a fault
5. CoS - least rewatchability value aside from GoF...TOO true to the book, it drags down the pacing.

9. GoF - I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE EXCEPT THE GRAVEYARD SCENE WHICH WAS SHORTENED TOO MUCH ANYWAY. CUT 20 MINUTES OFF THAT RIDICULOUS DRAGON SCENE AND GIVE ME VOLDEMORT'S WHOLE SPEECH AND MAYBE IT'S MORE WATCHABLE. UGH

Last edited by SKasparRollins; July 22nd, 2009 at 5:30 am.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 5:32 am
First Year

Quote:
9. GoF

1. HBP
2. CoS
3. PS
4. OotP
5. PoA
6. GoF

Old July 22nd, 2009, 6:13 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKasparRollins View Post
Screw it, I guess this one is my favorite now...

1. HBP - best allaround movie IMO
2. OOTP - narrowly edges PoA , but maybe I've seen PoA too many times
3. PoA - the movie that saved this series...only major thing wrong with it is the rushed climax IMO, given how much more intense it is in the book...I'm a massive Snape fan
4. PS - for pure sentimentality. Faithful to the book but not to a fault
5. CoS - least rewatchability value aside from GoF...TOO true to the book, it drags down the pacing.

9. GoF - I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE EXCEPT THE GRAVEYARD SCENE WHICH WAS SHORTENED TOO MUCH ANYWAY. CUT 20 MINUTES OFF THAT RIDICULOUS DRAGON SCENE AND GIVE ME VOLDEMORT'S WHOLE SPEECH AND MAYBE IT'S MORE WATCHABLE. UGH
Not to mention there was no explanation of priori incantatum(sp?) if I'm correct. No phoenix song, no Cedric reappearing in the form of a somewhat solidified ghost, nor his mother, nor his father. Just red and green light clashing with each other dramatically. A scene dedicated to three chapters of the book was blown through magnificently quick. Yeah I agree lets cut down on the crummy first task. Pathetic dragon keepers by the way letting the darn thing break right through its chains and fly around the castle trying to eat the Hogwarts champion.

Honestly what they did was shortened important scenes and elongated insignificant scenes and thus ruined all the scenes I looked forward too such as BF&B/DE/Priori, Third Task, The Pensive, and I grumbled about the missing house elves. This was the movie that really had the chance to bring back Dobby as he was only absent one film as he was in the books. And thus due to their choice to forgo the house elves seemed to set precedent for OotP and HBP. BLAH! [/rant]

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives