Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Have any Slytherins ever been trustworthy?

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:20 pm
Third Year

Snape is trustworthy isn't he?

Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:22 pm
Third Year

Well, can we really trust Snape? I would say yes, but there would be people saying no

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:22 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_joy
I don't think he thought he was really doing good, but since neither of us have any cannon to back up our opinion - it could go either way. And you're right, it would be brave, in a strange way, for Petigrew to go to Voldemort with information.

You're right, we don't know for sure if Petigrew was in Gryffindor - but what is the likelihood of a three Gryffindors being friends with a Slytherin - maybe he was in Hufflepuff
Actually, Crystal, I believe that there is canon that Peter was not acting for what he thought was the best. In the Shrieking Shack seen in PoA, Peter says 'he [Voldemort] would have killed me' - nothing saying that he thought he was acting for the best. Anyway, I agree with you.

The Changeling Hypothesis
Potter Puppet Pals - A hillarious animation about Harry and his posse! If this isn't allowed, IM me mods and I'll remove it immediately! I can't see why it wouldn't be, but it might 'bother' some people!

I used to hate going to weddings. The old people would poke me and say things like "You're next". They stopped, when, at funerals, I did it to them.
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:23 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by strwznbrry
I guess I can see that but I really think that the sorting hat knows people better than they may even know themselves.
At that moment and for the foreseeable future, you could be right.

But people change in very unexpected ways in 7 years. I never imagined I'd be married to who I'm married to, with all the other details that comprise my life right now. These are teenagers, so they're changing and developing far more rapidly than I have in the past 7 years (since I was 19), so it's possible that once or twice the Sorting Hat didn't see what was going to happen.

I think we need more information as to the nature of this Sorting Hat.

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:29 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirza
At that moment and for the foreseeable future, you could be right.

But people change in very unexpected ways in 7 years. I never imagined I'd be married to who I'm married to, with all the other details that comprise my life right now. These are teenagers, so they're changing and developing far more rapidly than I have in the past 7 years (since I was 19), so it's possible that once or twice the Sorting Hat didn't see what was going to happen.

I think we need more information as to the nature of this Sorting Hat.
I just don't think the Sorting Hat could have lasted so long if there was the possibility of it being wrong!

Potter Puppet Pals - A hillarious animation about Harry and his posse! If this isn't allowed, IM me mods and I'll remove it immediately! I can't see why it wouldn't be, but it might 'bother' some people!

I used to hate going to weddings. The old people would poke me and say things like "You're next". They stopped, when, at funerals, I did it to them.
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:31 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesified
I just don't think the Sorting Hat could have lasted so long if there was the possibility of it being wrong!

Well, maybe just noone complains...

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:32 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_Potter
Well, maybe just noone complains...
In 1000 years ?

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:34 pm
Third Year

Well, why would you complain once you are sorted, have your friends there and got used to it?

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:35 pm
Third Year

Along the same line, in a thousand years it's NEVER been wrong?

What about Wormtail?

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:37 pm
Third Year

well, anyways there have to be trustworthy Slytherins... or noone would ever like to be in the house... everyone would be like: "I'll never get a job being i Slytherin!"

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:39 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Along the same line, in a thousand years it's NEVER been wrong?

What about Wormtail?
Why would Tom be wrong? And Dumbledore? If you mean the Sorting Hat, I don't think that it could have been wrong. It sees things about you that you yourself can't see.

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:41 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn_Potter
well, anyways there have to be trustworthy Slytherins... or noone would ever like to be in the house... everyone would be like: "I'll never get a job being i Slytherin!"
Sure they would. The connections from Slythern.

I agree, though, the house would probably be much smaller if they were ALL like Draco, if for no other reason than that they all killed each other off earlier in life.

Quote:
Why would Tom be wrong? And Dumbledore? If you mean the Sorting Hat, I don't think that it could have been wrong. It sees things about you that you yourself can't see.
Yes, that you yourself can't see... CURRENTLY. But can it see into the future, and all the choices you have to make, and how you'll make them and how they'll affect you?

Seems like a lot for a hat to do.

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:47 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Sure they would. The connections from Slythern.

I agree, though, the house would probably be much smaller if they were ALL like Draco, if for no other reason than that they all killed each other off earlier in life.

Yes, that you yourself can't see... CURRENTLY. But can it see into the future, and all the choices you have to make, and how you'll make them and how they'll affect you?

Seems like a lot for a hat to do.
No, it can't see the future , but it can see your blood. Or in Harry's case you're transferred powers.

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:51 pm
Third Year

Quote:
No, it can't see the future , but it can see your blood. Or in Harry's case you're transferred powers.
But blood doesn't always tell. Take Sirius Black, for instance. He was related to DEs, but he fought for The Other Side (TM).

In most cases, that'd probably work. I still don't think it could be right 100% of the time, though.

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:53 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
But blood doesn't always tell. Take Sirius Black, for instance. He was related to DEs, but he fought for The Other Side (TM).

In most cases, that'd probably work. I still don't think it could be right 100% of the time, though.
Yes but that can't work for Voldemort having Slytherin's blood. It would just think 'oh you have Slytherin's blood - into Slytherin you go'.

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:55 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Yes but that can't work for Voldemort having Slytherin's blood. It would just think 'oh you have Slytherin's blood - into Slytherin you go'.
Wait... huh? *furrowed brow, scratching head*
Can you rephrase that for me? I'm not getting what you're saying.

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:57 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Wait... huh? *furrowed brow, scratching head*
Can you rephrase that for me? I'm not getting what you're saying.
Don't worry, I'm just as confused!

Old February 24th, 2005, 11:00 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Don't worry, I'm just as confused!
*laughs* Oh, good. It's not just me.

Old February 24th, 2005, 11:12 pm
Second Year

no they have always been rotten, just like the time malfoy said "i have a broken arm". yeah right. if he has ever had a broken arm then i am a flubber worm.

Old February 24th, 2005, 11:18 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlctw
no they have always been rotten, just like the time malfoy said "i have a broken arm". yeah right. if he has ever had a broken arm then i am a flubber worm.
Who in the... wha? *is confused again*

What does Draco having or not having a broken arm have to do with anything? *is perplexed and puzzled and kerflummoxed*

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives