Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Gilmore Girls v.2

Old March 26th, 2008, 12:02 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Gilmore Girls v.2

Of all of Rory's boyfriends, I like Logan the best. Dean was moody, hyper-sensitive and extremely jealous. And he needed constant gratification for every nice thing he did. It was annoying.
Jess was a nightmare. He was such a capital A jerk, and only became a decent human being after he moved away and lived on his own for a couple years. I grant there is potential for Jess when we see how he's made something of himself (and where he appears to have done some emotional maturing). But he was too mean to deserve a second chance with Rory, IMO.

Watch the show Supernatural! It's the best show to grace the TV screen in years. I PROMISE!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2008, 8:12 pm
Second Year

true the whole, Jess being a Meanie thing does knock some brownie points off but hes changed hes grown up and become a man, and out of all of Rorys boyfriends i think that they had the most in common.

Also the awsomeness of Hermione3000 and her stories Stillness of the Night
and
The Choices one Makes
Old March 26th, 2008, 9:47 pm
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_Potter View Post
true the whole, Jess being a Meanie thing does knock some brownie points off but hes changed hes grown up and become a man, and out of all of Rorys boyfriends i think that they had the most in common.
I tend to disagree. Dean was no match whatsoever for Rory but Jess was only an intellectual match. He was also enough of a bad boy to interest her. But it was Logan who had more to offer. Contrary to Dean and Jess, he knew how to move in the circles the Gilmores moved in. He was an intellectual match, too, because underneath all his bad boy antics, he was smart. And Rory liked the challenge to reform him and was thrilled to be able to present him to her grandparents without feeling sorry for him all the time.

Old March 26th, 2008, 10:20 pm
First Year

I liked Jess the most, eventho he was kind of a jerk, he did grow out of that eventually and became someone Rory could have been very happy with...

"And what in the name of Merlin’s most baggy Y Fronts was that about?"

Sorted into:
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:36 am
Master Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
I tend to disagree. Dean was no match whatsoever for Rory but Jess was only an intellectual match. He was also enough of a bad boy to interest her. But it was Logan who had more to offer. Contrary to Dean and Jess, he knew how to move in the circles the Gilmores moved in. He was an intellectual match, too, because underneath all his bad boy antics, he was smart. And Rory liked the challenge to reform him and was thrilled to be able to present him to her grandparents without feeling sorry for him all the time.
Utter and complete agreement on my side. Logan truly grew on me in time. At first, I found him too rich, too smart (not as in: clever, but as in... actually I don't know the correct term, I hope you know what I mean), too blondish, too full of himself, too much of a ladykiller. But as I said, I came to like him, and be endeared to his and Rory's romance. I guess my initial dislike was just as superficial as I kept on criticising him for

Old March 27th, 2008, 4:50 pm
Second Year

It really annoys me though that through all the series' the girls end up where the started, not at the start of the series but they end up back with the hartford upper society type, lorelai ends up with chris (so far in S7, only about half way through) and Rory and Logan are going strong, after escaping the hartford society and all its money i just find it painfully ironic that their life has led them back to it, yeah they may still be not true upperclass citizens, chris doesnt appear to like hartford society much either but he inherited a fortune and now lorelai being married to him gets to share it, it is safe to assume that Rory Logan are going to stay together and then she will become part of the huntzburg fortune, and then L and R are going to inherit the gilmore money when Emily and Richard die.

and
The Choices one Makes
Old March 28th, 2008, 3:32 am
Curse Breaker

Things get better for Lorelai Luigi, trust me.

Fleur--this is another of those things we just have to agree to disagree about. In my opinion, Logan had, at most, a handful of shining moments that set off just how much he had to grow before he was truly ready for a Lorelai. Jess, in spite of his hard demeanor did the most growing up and was the best and most mature match for Rory--and frankly, that surprised me when all was said and done.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old March 28th, 2008, 4:23 pm
Second Year

YAY, things get better dont you just love hearing that

and i totaly agree that jess yas rorys best match, he wrote a book, rory loves books, total meant for each other

and
The Choices one Makes
Old March 29th, 2008, 4:05 am
Curse Breaker

Well--there were definitely issues to be overcome, but based on where everyone ended up, I feel that Jess was the most mature of her exes, understood her the best, and *braces for backlash* had the deepest feelings for her.

Last edited by jordmundt6; March 29th, 2008 at 11:14 pm.
Old March 29th, 2008, 8:53 am
Master Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Well--there were definitely issues to be overcome, but based on where everyone ended up, he was the most mature of her exes, understood her the best, and *braces for backlash* had the deepest feelings for her.

In fairness - he was the (relatively) oldest of the three, so I am not that amazed he's more mature than Dean at sixteen or Jess at eighteen.

Old March 29th, 2008, 3:52 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur du mal View Post

In fairness - he was the (relatively) oldest of the three, so I am not that amazed he's more mature than Dean at sixteen or Jess at eighteen.
I thought she was talking about Jess, but i think jess did have the most feelings for her, he was afraid to open up, and then he went and put it all on the line and told her he loved her, if only he hadnt have run it might have been different

and
The Choices one Makes
Old March 29th, 2008, 11:14 pm
Curse Breaker

He--man I write gender-neutral, don't I? Yeah, I was talking about Jess at 20, the guy who'd gotten out of the tenement, written a book, and gotten himself solidly into publishing. I'll go back and clean up my previous post.

Old March 29th, 2008, 11:57 pm
Master Seer

jord, what makes you think Jess' feelings were the deepest? Being a 'bad boy' that likes to read doesn't automatically equate depth of feeling, does it? Quite the opposite, in my humble experience. I mean, we've all been there once, haven't we? (I mean the girls) There's that period in life (usually before twenty) where you meet a handsome guy who loves to pose as the 'outsider' and reads Nietzsche and wants to become a poet/artist/musician, and treats you badly because he's so incredibly sensitive that life/the world in general bugs him so badly that he simply can't be more considerate, and you find him just so deep, and feel flattered that Mr World-Weary I Hate EVERYTHING has the grace to 'care' for you despite all his other more pressing concerns... I think Rory proved her cleverness by getting him out of her head again

Old March 30th, 2008, 1:25 pm
Second Year

I am sorry Jord, yay, another guy from the hollow to talk to, my sisters mock me for watching GG, now im glad theres others like me .

YAY, Chris and lorelai are split up, hopefully for good!! 'cause Luke is the awsomest, dont you just agree.

And *cry* what happened to Richard, was that a heart attack or a stroke, i dont know and i want to find out, stupid have to wait till next saturday, its gonna kill me waiting

and
The Choices one Makes
Old March 30th, 2008, 9:27 pm
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur du mal View Post
jord, what makes you think Jess' feelings were the deepest? Being a 'bad boy' that likes to read doesn't automatically equate depth of feeling, does it? Quite the opposite, in my humble experience. I mean, we've all been there once, haven't we? (I mean the girls) There's that period in life (usually before twenty) where you meet a handsome guy who loves to pose as the 'outsider' and reads Nietzsche and wants to become a poet/artist/musician, and treats you badly because he's so incredibly sensitive that life/the world in general bugs him so badly that he simply can't be more considerate, and you find him just so deep, and feel flattered that Mr World-Weary I Hate EVERYTHING has the grace to 'care' for you despite all his other more pressing concerns... I think Rory proved her cleverness by getting him out of her head again
I know exactly what you mean.

Besides, we haven't actually seen a lot of mature!Jess. He showed up with his book and disappeared pretty quickly. And then Rory used him as rebound in the book shop (not one of her mature moments). I cannot say that this was enough to convince me of his deep and unwavering feelings for her.

Old April 1st, 2008, 1:14 am
Curse Breaker

Okay, let me be rightly understood--whoa, a Lady de Bourgh moment--YIKES! I am not a fan of bad boys--never have been, probably never will be. They represent all that is alien and in power to me and threaten forever to crush me under their bootheels because nice quiet guys have little appeal next to anyone or anything dark, mysterious and brooding.

That said--even in the small glimpse we get of adult Jess--he seems better able to read, understand, and cope with Rory than either of her other two significant exes. Plus, I have poured line after line on all of the problems that I see in the marriage proposal from Logan and all the problems associated with his relationship with Rory that I believe the proposal and BOTH of their reactions to it demonstrate. I believe any discussion about Dean effectively ends with his self-pitying and idiotic belittling of Luke and the fiasco of his own ill-advised marriage. Jess may not be great yet, but he definitely has the most potential (and it costs me quite a bit to say that).

On a side note--I am hoping that this "new regime" is an elaborate April Fools Joke because if it's not, it's going to be a huge headache, re-editing all my posts for banned syllables.

Old April 21st, 2008, 7:12 am
Second Year

Jess has always been my favourite because it just felt like rory & jess were meant to be, that he was 'the one' and i've always had this feeling deep down that if Amy Sherman-Palladino wrote the last season Jess would've made a return & he and rory would've rode off into the sunset together hehe i dunno.... why else did he make those odd appearances in season 6?? did u see it as more of an opening the door for possibility or closing the door?... I just felt like even though rory & logan were great together & were together for so long & loved each other, logan just represented this rich, emily gilmore world that rory got to be a part of for a while, somehow in order to make her realise she really loved jess.... i so badly want to know how Amy would have ended it!!

but anyway, i hated how season 7 ended with logan issuing an ultimatum & simply walking away - you don't do that to someone if you love them! i think rory should've said yes & done the long distance thing, or he should have accompanied her...

Last edited by MudBloodSare; April 21st, 2008 at 7:15 am.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:35 am
Master Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBloodSare View Post
but anyway, i hated how season 7 ended with logan issuing an ultimatum & simply walking away - you don't do that to someone if you love them! i think rory should've said yes & done the long distance thing, or he should have accompanied her...
When you find it wrong that he put the pressure on her, how can you say she should have accepted him, then?

Old April 21st, 2008, 4:01 pm
Curse Breaker

I think she was looking for a relationship that promised completed growth and--to her, Logan and Rory offered the best chance.

I have the same issues with the pressure Logan put on her--and I've seen it as evidence that Logan hasn't outgrown his upbringing (like Chris Hayden, but not to the same extreme).

Old April 21st, 2008, 7:29 pm
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I think she was looking for a relationship that promised completed growth and--to her, Logan and Rory offered the best chance.

I have the same issues with the pressure Logan put on her--and I've seen it as evidence that Logan hasn't outgrown his upbringing (like Chris Hayden, but not to the same extreme).
I've seen it as evidence for poor writing and a forced ending. It wasn't in character for Logan, as I see him.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television