Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Catching Fire

Old October 7th, 2012, 8:07 am
Banned

Re: Catching Fire (2013)

They did such a good job with the "Girl on Fire" thing in the first movie, I can't wait to see how they'll manage the scene when Katniss's dress burns out to reveal her Mockingjay outfit. If handled well, it could be as spectacular as the chariot ride and the first interview.

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Banned

I finally got all the characters straight after rereading the three books cover to cover. Do we know who's going to play Bloggs? I like this character!

Now I can place Enobaria but I'm still not sure whether she was part of the conspiracy or not? She allied with Brutus, then she got captured by the Capitol, but at the end, when she's there among the victors, Katniss asks what she's doing there. Confusing.

Old November 1st, 2012, 7:39 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyannaS View Post
I finally got all the characters straight after rereading the three books cover to cover. Do we know who's going to play Bloggs? I like this character!

Now I can place Enobaria but I'm still not sure whether she was part of the conspiracy or not? She allied with Brutus, then she got captured by the Capitol, but at the end, when she's there among the victors, Katniss asks what she's doing there. Confusing.
I don't think Boggs comes in until Mockingjay, so he has not yet been cast.

I don't think Enobaria was in on the conspiracy, though she does ally with the rebels in the end.

In related news, Francis Lawrence (director of Catching Fire) has signed on to direct the final two films and Danny Strong will be penning the script for both parts of Mockingjay.

AsphodelJinx on Pottermore
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:04 pm
Sixth Year

Here are some new set pics. They look great. I always felt the arena in hunger games was a lot smaller than what I had pictured, especially when the tributes are running towards the cornucopia. This seems a lot more epic although it's hard to know what the final product will look like.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/2...ek-at-finnick/

I am also glad they are filming on location in Maui as opposed to using just CGI in a soundstage. I can't believe the movie is still an entire year away from being released.

Old November 28th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix88 View Post
Here are some new set pics. They look great. I always felt the arena in hunger games was a lot smaller than what I had pictured, especially when the tributes are running towards the cornucopia. This seems a lot more epic although it's hard to know what the final product will look like.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/2...ek-at-finnick/

I am also glad they are filming on location in Maui as opposed to using just CGI in a soundstage. I can't believe the movie is still an entire year away from being released.
I love the pictures! I can't wait for this movie. I'm so excited for Finnick!

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old November 28th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Sixth Year

Here are some more set pics. We get to see Finnick in these. Sam Claflin is looking more like Finnick now to me.

http://m.justjared.com/s.p?sId=134&p...p=9VVPK4QA96Bw

Old November 29th, 2012, 11:12 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Finnick is a great character. Will be cool to see him on screen.

Old January 10th, 2013, 8:45 am
Sixth Year

Here are some new caching fire pics. Sam as Finnck looks great thus far

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2041....html#21262793

Old January 10th, 2013, 1:38 pm
Rocket Scientist

The pictures of Finnick make me so happy! I love his character and I think he looks perfect. I can't wait to see it come to life on the screen

Old January 10th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Second Year

EW had an interesting article about which characters will NOT be in the film. Apparently they've cut Darius, Bonnie, and Twill.

Read more at http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/1...ng-characters/

Old January 10th, 2013, 7:18 pm
Sixth Year

That 's surprising. I wonder how they will introduce the possibile existence of district 13 then. I almost forgot about Darius. I guess they had to cut out some of these subplots just like they cut out the avox girl in the first one.

Old January 11th, 2013, 2:02 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
That 's surprising. I wonder how they will introduce the possibile existence of district 13 then. I almost forgot about Darius. I guess they had to cut out some of these subplots just like they cut out the avox girl in the first one.
One thing that surprised me about cutting out the Avox storyline is that in Mockingjay the reason they are able to move around underground is because one of the cameraman was forced to work there as an Avox. I guess they'll come up with a different reason for that too. But also the whole Avox idea is a great way to show the deep cruelty of the Capitol.

Old January 14th, 2013, 2:09 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
One thing that surprised me about cutting out the Avox storyline is that in Mockingjay the reason they are able to move around underground is because one of the cameraman was forced to work there as an Avox. I guess they'll come up with a different reason for that too. But also the whole Avox idea is a great way to show the deep cruelty of the Capitol.
I'm not sure they've cut the Avox story for good. I feel like since Mockingjay is going to be split into two movies, this is something that will get explained in Mockingjay part I when they have more time.

I was surprised to hear about Twill and Bonnie being cut, but honestly (and maybe I'm a bad reader) I completely forgot their role in all this until i got to a reminder in the article I read. So I'll be curious to see how they find out about district 13, although this may be something that comes up in the arena, or as they are exiting. Really I don't think Katniss has to know district 13 exists until she is headed there or even if she just wakes up there.

Old January 14th, 2013, 10:03 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
I'm not sure they've cut the Avox story for good. I feel like since Mockingjay is going to be split into two movies, this is something that will get explained in Mockingjay part I when they have more time.

I was surprised to hear about Twill and Bonnie being cut, but honestly (and maybe I'm a bad reader) I completely forgot their role in all this until i got to a reminder in the article I read. So I'll be curious to see how they find out about district 13, although this may be something that comes up in the arena, or as they are exiting. Really I don't think Katniss has to know district 13 exists until she is headed there or even if she just wakes up there.
I think Haymitch can tell her in the hovercraft after the rescue after she attacks him and it wouldn't hurt the story line at all. But then there can't be any Katniss/Gale discussion about running away.

Old January 15th, 2013, 1:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
I think Haymitch can tell her in the hovercraft after the rescue after she attacks him and it wouldn't hurt the story line at all. But then there can't be any Katniss/Gale discussion about running away.
I dunno when Gale gets arrested i think there can be plenty of discussions about running away. Things get pretty bad. Even without knowing about district 13 there's reason to run and live in the woods.

Old February 24th, 2013, 11:47 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:

Bonnie and Twill never made it to District 13, they were in just one chapter and their main purpose was to plant the seed of doubt about the official story of District 13 so it shouldn't be too difficult to have the rumour come from a different source. Gale, for example, could make the suggestion. I think he would be open to spotting any lies or flaws in the story given by the Capitol. Their secondary purpose was to let Katniss know she was considered a symbol for revolution, which could be done in the Victory tour, or when Katniss sees coverage she shouldn't on the Mayor's screens or even through a further warning from Snow, or from a remark from Finnick while they're in prep for the Quell.

Quote:
I don't think that will be a problem. In the movie, Katniss already mentioned the risk of having their tongues cut out as a punishment. It would be easy to expand on this in Catching Fire, or more likely, Mockinjay, when they introudce the cameramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
Gale could make the same observation that Bonnie and Twill do - or that someone in District 8 did - that news footage from Distirct 13 always shows the same piece of film. I think that Katniss considered the idea of District 13 in Catching Fire, she was angry at the idea that they had been abandoned by 13, she was curious as to what the Capitol were hiding. I think it would be good to introduce the idea earlier in CF. If it is just introduced at the end of Catching Fire, with no prior hint that it might not have been truly destroyed, I think it will seem like a cheat to those who just watch the movies. And I'm hoping that the makers of the Hunger Games trilogy want to avoid that.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Old March 4th, 2013, 8:09 pm
Second Year

And a new picture of Effie has been posted. Check it out at http://capitolcouture.pn/

They will be releasing another photo later today. I am thinking it will be Caesar.

ETA - Here's Caesar - http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/ex...er-735151.html

And Haymitch - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...0d0dee6300000a

Cinna - http://www.people.com/people/article...679354,00.html

Katniss - http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...8-95ed3fdd5f08

Last edited by Asphodel79; March 6th, 2013 at 2:05 am. Reason: adding more links
Old April 15th, 2013, 4:15 am
Fourth Year

Re: Catching Fire (Nov 2013)

A trailer has been released!

http://www.hypable.com/2013/04/14/ca...-hunger-games/

I can't wait for November!!

Old April 15th, 2013, 7:41 am
Sixth Year

I just saw it. It looks great! Jennifer Lawrence was amazing as always. I was hoping for some shots of the arena or Finnick, but my guess is we will get some of that in the trailers to come.

Old April 15th, 2013, 1:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

The trailer looks awesome! I can't wait. I agree phoenix88, I'm sad there was no Finnick or any mention of the quarter quell. I hope that's in the next trailer...

And Prim's line... killed me... absolutely killed me

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion