Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Glee

Old November 16th, 2009, 12:36 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Glee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
isn't it ironic that such a fun show with so many laughs and so many feel good moments should also have such drama. Love it!!!
Yes it is

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2009, 5:38 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell View Post
Yeah I'm kinda hating Quinn too. Constantly berating Finn for not helping support a baby that isn't even his is just way too low.
Yeah, sometimes I wonder when the Glee Club is going to get a real Sex Ed class where Finn may finally get to know how babies are made ...

Sig made by the awesome cybobbie

You wish we were in your House

The ASP at Hogwarts, Hogwarts Staff Meeting and The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel): All by Inkwolf

Old November 17th, 2009, 5:06 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krums_Girl View Post
Puck (whom I have recently discovered I am in love with) is willing to pay for the baby, to take of it and Quinn, yet she's making Finn do this. It's not fair, and it's dishonest, and I can't wait until Puck breaks down and tells Finn that Quinn's baby isn't his. Finn will go postal.
Totally agree on Puck - we saw how good he was with Rachel and he didn't even like her. I think Finn will be pretty happy to find he's not the daddy - I mean the guy still hasn't had sex yet (I'm guessing) and that is something he definitely wants to do.

Quote:
isn't it ironic that such a fun show with so many laughs and so many feel good moments should also have such drama. Love it!!!
Yes! That is why it is so brilliant!

Old November 19th, 2009, 4:56 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Poor Kurt, he's just so sweet.

I half expected to see Quinn wind up living with the Schuesters, but after the whole Rachel thing, I guess it was unlikely.

2nd place, Nicest Member; 1st place, Hogsmeade Member of the Year

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old November 19th, 2009, 5:19 pm
Fourth Year

Loved the last episode, great that things got in the clear now and it was really sweet from the club to sing a ballad to Finn and Quinn. I didn't expect her parents reaction, but I guess it's good for the whole drama of the show. Also this last episode made Terry more of a b*** making Rachel clean the house. I can't wait to see her going down with her baby lie.
Oh, I was forgetting, also loved Pepper

Old November 19th, 2009, 10:12 pm
Third Year

I feel sorry for Quinn, and I know that she's having a hard time, but I still think that dragging Finn down with her is just wrong.

But now that Puck told Mercedes that the baby isn't Finn's, word is definetly going to get around.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 almost made me a Snape-fan. . .almost. But then I re-read Deathly Hallows and I came back to my senses and the world was the way it's supposed to be.
Old November 20th, 2009, 3:09 am

Yeah, I thought that was an interesting reaction from Mercedes. She didn't even want to hear about it. Usually that would be gossip fodder for weeks.

Ok, Mr. Shue's facial expressions during Endless Love. Loved it. Especially next to Rachel who nailed it.

Susie Pepper - so funny. I love that Will has all these stalker/crushes. Emma not being able to help out after his Don't Stand So Close to Me mashup because she was so crushing on him. What did Rachel say? I get it I'm young and you can't be near me - something like that.

And that plays so nicely against the crazy lady he married. Seriously how has she not let him touch her belly yet!

Quinn's parents. Oh wow, where they a stereotype of a stereotype - I loved it. The drinking, the wife being all subservient - him off to watch Glenn Beck... And then kicking Quinn out of the house giving her 30 minutes to pack - I didn't expect that. I'd love to say that isn't realistic, but unfortunately it is. A friend of mine was kicked out of her house when she was 14 because she was in the same situation. I don't know how anyone could love their ideals more than their children, but unfortunately some people do.

And on a happy note, Lean on Me is one of the best songs ever, I'm so glad they did a Glee version of it.

Old November 20th, 2009, 2:18 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Yeah, I thought that was an interesting reaction from Mercedes. She didn't even want to hear about it. Usually that would be gossip fodder for weeks.
Yes it was, it surprised me also, I thought that she would go right away and solve the mess, but she got that Quinn chose Finn and that it was good enough. However I believe that she may end up telling someone and the word will spread eventually.

Quote:
Emma not being able to help out after his Don't Stand So Close to Me mashup because she was so crushing on him. What did Rachel say? I get it I'm young and you can't be near me - something like that.
That scene made me Her face and reaction was brilliant!! And Rachel lines after all his effort was priceless

Quote:
And that plays so nicely against the crazy lady he married. Seriously how has she not let him touch her belly yet!
Good question. This is the only problem for me, since it's so unreal. They live together, sleep together and so far he didn't caught anything and didn't touch her belly at all? He is so happy (or at least was his first reaction) that he is having a baby and he doesn't make any move to touch the belly and talk to the baby. It doesn't fit to me.

Old November 20th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybobbie View Post
Good question. This is the only problem for me, since it's so unreal. They live together, sleep together and so far he didn't caught anything and didn't touch her belly at all? He is so happy (or at least was his first reaction) that he is having a baby and he doesn't make any move to touch the belly and talk to the baby. It doesn't fit to me.
No, it doesn't really make sense, but it makes sense to the storyline and the plot, which is the most important thing, really.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 almost made me a Snape-fan. . .almost. But then I re-read Deathly Hallows and I came back to my senses and the world was the way it's supposed to be.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 2:44 pm

Quote:
Right? I mean what is she wearing to bed? The foam bump and some weird maternity pj's? Although I can see her sleeping in the craft room or something saying she's too uncomfortable to sleep with Shue.

However she mentioned that she has an itchy rash - I'm sure that is from the foam bump. I wonder if she'll one day rip it off in frustration and that's how he'll find out.

OK, I am clearly obsessed with how Mr. Shue will learn the truth!

Oh and I was listening to the radio yesterday and "I Honestly Love You" came on. I could only think of how Kurt would have belted that one out to Finn.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 3:57 pm
Second Year

I am very suprised I actually love this serie.
I am not into any new serie these days. Any one.

But I started watching Glee, and definitely I am stick with it.

So far, I love it.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 4:25 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
The whole show is unreal. It's Soap: The Musical or maybe Twin Peaks: The Musical. That's what makes it so great. When Shue finds out, it's going to be something weird and wild, I'm sure.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:46 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Quote:
I'm still really angry with Quinn. It's not even Finn's baby, but she's making him grow up, get a job, and she's cutting his childhood short. Puck (whom I have recently discovered I am in love with) is willing to pay for the baby, to take of it and Quinn, yet she's making Finn do this. It's not fair, and it's dishonest, and I can't wait until Puck breaks down and tells Finn that Quinn's baby isn't his. Finn will go postal.
Quote:
Totally agree on Puck - we saw how good he was with Rachel and he didn't even like her. I think Finn will be pretty happy to find he's not the daddy - I mean the guy still hasn't had sex yet (I'm guessing) and that is something he definitely wants to do.
Quote:
I feel sorry for Quinn, and I know that she's having a hard time, but I still think that dragging Finn down with her is just wrong. But now that Puck told Mercedes that the baby isn't Finn's, word is definitely going to get around.
Quote:
I agree, agree, agree, and agree!
I personally felt a bit taken aback by Mercedes reaction to Puck's confession of him being the father. I mean, she came REALLY strong and, IMO, her response wasn't really fair to Puck. Doesn't Mercedes know that Finn has no idea that he is NOT the father? Does she thinks Finn knows? Frankly, her response weird me out. Puck has reason to feel like ****. Not only is Finn his friend, but the kid is the baby of the girl he loves and he wants to take care of both.

I wonder how this is going to continue to develop. I mean, Finn HAS to know soon enough 'cause they weren't even sexually active! Bless you, Finn.

Quote:

Quinn's parents. Oh wow, where they a stereotype of a stereotype - I loved it. The drinking, the wife being all subservient - him off to watch Glenn Beck... And then kicking Quinn out of the house giving her 30 minutes to pack - I didn't expect that. I'd love to say that isn't realistic, but unfortunately it is. A friend of mine was kicked out of her house when she was 14 because she was in the same situation. I don't know how anyone could love their ideals more than their children, but unfortunately some people do.
I felt a bit resentful after watching this, but it is something that, sadly, does happen. The parent's behavior certainly gives a new perspective on why Quinn is holding on to Finn so strongly. I believe she is going to keep it up now more than ever.

Sig made by the awesome cybobbie

You wish we were in your House

The ASP at Hogwarts, Hogwarts Staff Meeting and The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel): All by Inkwolf

Old November 24th, 2009, 12:59 am
Sixth Year

Well, I can say one thing about Glee: it doesn't hold back.

Seriously, teenage pregnancies, gender roles, disabilities, student-teacher romance (even if it is one-sided), and lots and lots of deception. It makes for a very interesting show, and I'm eager to see what will happen next.

I too felt a little weird about Mercedes's reaction to Puck's confession. Personally, I'm on Puck's side on this one. He's doing everything he can to support his child, even though he knows that no one will ever know that he is the father (in theory). I felt that Mercedes was being rather unfair to him and didn't give himself a chance to explain how he felt about the situation to her.

I'm beginning to dislike Quinn more than I dislike Rachel. I know she's worried about the baby and how everything will turn out, but Finn is trying his hardest to find a job, and she needs to be patient with him. I think she's trying to justify her choice of saying that the baby is Finn's, and regrets it a little because she has already seen that Puck is doing more to help her than Finn is.

Finally, as to Finn singing to Quinn at the family dinner; awkward. Very awkward. I'm not quite sure how he thought that would help. It was very wrong of Kurt to suggest that, when he knew that it might hurt Quinn a great deal.

Twins on a Train
Working With the Weasleys
No Chance
Runaway

Proud member of OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Old November 24th, 2009, 5:13 pm

As a lover of The Office, I am so excited to learn that Artie was in an episode of The Office where he was being held for pizza ransom. Once I heard that I could totally see it - he looks so different as a jerky teenage boy vs. eager Glee club singer.

----
I am so mad at Fox - they do this all the time to the best shows (like Arrested Development)...

Quote:
The first network to have the full midseason schedule announced, FOX puts "Glee" on a three-month-plus break. The musical show will wrap its first half of season 1 on December 9 and only returns for the rest on April 13. Indeed it will be paired with the performance night of "American Idol" on Tuesdays.
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00029098.html

Last edited by HMN; November 25th, 2009 at 3:29 pm.
Old November 27th, 2009, 3:38 am

Hairography was the first Glee that I was able to watch on an actual TV when it actually aired. I was so excited!

I thought this was another excellent episode. I was in tears during "Imagine" and loved how the Glee kids joined in with the singing and signing. Well done.

Ok - Puck - what the heck? Sexting? Seriously! Just like Quinn I was totally believing he was into the whole fatherhood thing. Although I was sort of waiting for some shady side of him to appear, I was hopeful that he was sincere and was going to prove me wrong.

Terri has got to come clean. I can't take the faking much longer. And her crazy sister. I love how the babysitting showed that it is actually bad parenting that is making the kids wild. "What's that smell?" "Soap."

And True Colors is one of my all time favorite songs - I was so glad that they performed it.

OMG - Sue! I can't believe that she sold out Will! I mean I can believe it, but am so disappointed by it. If the other schools do their songs, it will actually be good for the Glee kids because they're going to perform them better.

And I was glad to hear the line up - what was it all? I heard:
1. Don't Stop Believin'
2. Proud Mary
3. True Colors

Old November 27th, 2009, 4:31 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul View Post
Poor Kurt, he's just so sweet.

I half expected to see Quinn wind up living with the Schuesters, but after the whole Rachel thing, I guess it was unlikely.
Boy, how wrong was I?

2nd place, Nicest Member; 1st place, Hogsmeade Member of the Year

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old November 27th, 2009, 4:40 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Hairography was the first Glee that I was able to watch on an actual TV when it actually aired. I was so excited!
Yay!!!

Quote:
I thought this was another excellent episode. I was in tears during "Imagine" and loved how the Glee kids joined in with the singing and signing. Well done.
Me, too. It was beautiful without being sappy.

The guy who lost his hearing in one ear was too funny. Playing it for all he was worth.

Quote:
Ok - Puck - what the heck? Sexting? Seriously! Just like Quinn I was totally believing he was into the whole fatherhood thing. Although I was sort of waiting for some shady side of him to appear, I was hopeful that he was sincere and was going to prove me wrong.
I think he is sincere about the fatherhood thing, and he's definitely got a thing for Quinn. But he's just the kind of guy who doesn't think that should interfere with his having a good time on the side.

Quote:
Terri has got to come clean. I can't take the faking much longer. And her crazy sister. I love how the babysitting showed that it is actually bad parenting that is making the kids wild. "What's that smell?" "Soap."
That was too funny.

Quote:
And I was glad to hear the line up - what was it all? I heard:
1. Don't Stop Believin'
2. Proud Mary
3. True Colors
They'll probably change it again, although I think the final episode is coming up in two weeks. The DVD's come out 12/29. Did I mention I pre-ordered? I know, I know. If I mention it one more time, y'all will dump a vat of tapioca on my head. I'm just so excited to have them.

I saw Katee Shean twice when the juvie hall girls sang, but I didn't catch any of the other sytycd dancers. I think there were supposed to be four or five. I'll have to look at my previous posts to see who.

Old November 27th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
As a lover of The Office, I am so excited to learn that Artie was in an episode of The Office where he was being held for pizza ransom. Once I heard that I could totally see it - he looks so different as a jerky teenage boy vs. eager Glee club singer.

----
I am so mad at Fox - they do this all the time to the best shows (like Arrested Development)...

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00029098.html
That sucks big time!! I can't believe that they will stop it for 3 whole months!!

Loved the new episode, some touching parts and also lots of surprises on the Finn/Quinn/Puck trio.

Quote:
Great HMN. I keep watch the episodes both on TV and online, since here we're still on the 3rd episode and to keep up with you here I have to watch them online.

Quote:
I was in tears during "Imagine" and loved how the Glee kids joined in with the singing and signing. Well done.
It was really a touching scene. Love it and I was really ****** in the end of the episode when Sue wold the Glee club out, since now this performance will probably not happen. Sue really deserves the best evil character award!!

Quote:
Well it was not a surprise for me that he was capable for doing something like that, but I was on the other hand hoping that things work out for Quinn and Puck and that they would keep the baby together, so Finn would be out of the hook and Terrie would be facing hell - something that I'm really hoping to see!! However, considering how the show goes, I believe that things will get really messy all around before something right happens.

Quote:
I love how the babysitting showed that it is actually bad parenting that is making the kids wild. "What's that smell?" "Soap."
That whole scene made me I wonder when was the last time that they took a bath On a serious note, I agree with you, that bad parenting is responsible for most of kids misbehavior and considering what we know so far about Terrie's sister and her husband it's totally understandable that those kids were destroying the house.

Old November 27th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
The guy who lost his hearing in one ear was too funny. Playing it for all he was worth.
I didn't find it funny at all. Disability jokes are just as tasteless as racist jokes. I was actually surprised, because so far, Glee has IMO done really well in the disability department.

Other than that, I really liked this week's episode.

I was really hoping that Quinn would thank Will for being willing to take her baby, but no such luck.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives