Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Glee

Old November 17th, 2010, 9:57 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Glee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul View Post
Is it wrong that I want the "grown ups" to stop singing?
Not at all. My comfort: at least the "grown ups" have stop rapping.

Sig made by the awesome cybobbie

You wish we were in your House

“The ASP at Hogwarts”, “Hogwarts Staff Meeting” and “The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel)”: All by Inkwolf

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:08 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyIsGenius View Post
Not at all. My comfort: at least the "grown ups" have stop rapping.
Amen to that!

Old November 18th, 2010, 2:45 am
Squee-worthy

I agree about the grown ups singing. It was fine once in a while, but I feel like I've seen Schue sing more times this season than any of the kids. He sang twice last night an so did Paltrow.

I also agree about Blaine and Kurt. They drove me nuts last night and it's too bad cause I really liked Blaines character. I hope they just forget about this weeks episode and go back to good Glee kids plot driven episodes.

Old November 18th, 2010, 5:48 pm
Registered Animagus

I didn't like this episode. It was kinda boring. I don't know, maybe I just didn't like watching Gwyneth Paltrow. Such an upset after the previous week's episode.

Old November 18th, 2010, 8:34 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry18 View Post
The scene with Bieste. She cracks me up. I love that she was lecturing the players on not spraying athlete's foot spray in each other's faces and then sprayed it after Sue after a failed attempt to get rid of her, looked back at her players, and just said 'NO!' I also loved the show poking fun at istelf via cuts of Will trying to force more Journey songs on the club. Tongue in cheek at its best! Little moments like these (and the sneeze) are why Glee is awesome, even in episodes I don't like as a whole.
Those are definitely the highlights for sure.

I was so disappointed after last week's awesomeness, this one just sort of fell flat. I liked the Kurt/Blaine interaction last week soooo much, and this week it was just too much - like great they're having fun, but it's so not genuine like I wanted it to be, its too much of a stereo type. But I did like when Mercedes zoned out of the conversation and just heard, 'gay, gay gay, gay, gay gay gay...' I thought that was pretty funny.

Old November 20th, 2010, 3:22 am
First Year

I absolutely adore Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel. He has an amazing voice and is a spectacular actor. And being a huge AVPM/AVPS fan I love that Darren Criss is going to be a regular on the show. Surely he and Kurt will kiss, even if they don't end up a couple? I'm straight and have been my whole life but lately I've been thinking that it wouldn't be too bad to be in Darren Criss's shoes... Damn you Kurt Hummel and your awesomeness! Also I am very jelaous of all the different outfits he gets to wear.

As for the show, I like it but it's a little too much sometimes.

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum.
Old November 24th, 2010, 2:06 am
Squee-worthy

I liked this episode quite a bit, not my favorite, but it was still very good. Here are a few thoughts of mine:
  • Sue's mother was hilariously tragic. The image of Carol Burnett hunting Nazis is hilarious, but I do feel horrible for Sue and her sister for the absense of their family.
  • The wedding was done nice. I liked the walk down the aisle, but I thought it was weird that the kids were all the bridesmaids and groomsmen. "Furt" was hilarious and Finn's gesture was really nice.
  • I completely understand why they moved Kurt's character to the other school, but I can't imagine he'll stay there for that long. It's going to be interesting to see him competing against them at Sectionals, even though that is next week (does that seem crazy to anyone else?)
Good episode, I'm looking forward to next weeks.

Old November 24th, 2010, 2:52 am
Fifth Year

Ah...I have mixed feelings because the episode was kind of mixed in terms of tone, so my reaction is also mixed. But not in a bad way, in case it sounds like that...

Anyway, I was very pleased with how the bullying situation was dealt with around. I thought Sue was being a little too accomodating at first before she brought up having to deal with bullies because of her handicapable sister and then at the end when it was revealed she felt bullied by her mom. And I love that the guys banded together to confront whatshisface and the Finn finally realized he hadn't been supportive enough and stepped up...except twist! It was too late because Kurt has decided to transfer. I can't even imagine the glee club without Kurt, though. That made me sad. But it was realistic and honestly, I probably would have done the same thing if I had been in Kurt's place. He'll come back, though. I mean, he's kind of a main character so he has to eventually. And he can take Blaine with him back to McKinley. Please?

The other part of the episode was downright gleeful - pun intended! The entire wedding part of the episode was just fun and beautiful and just gleeful. "Furt" is the best nickname ever because of how absolutely terrible it is. I LOVED the dancing down the aisle (because who didn't love that video of the dancing wedding party that went viral? Thankfully, Glee didn't choose a song by Beat Her Down Brown to dance to) and the vows and the dancefloor goodness. Will's voice makes me melt when he's not rapping, and I would kill to have Matt Morrison belt his face off at my wedding reception. And the song to Kurt was too sweet and...gleeful.

But, um, do weddings usually occur, like, within a week of the engagement? That felt a tad rushed...like they could have announced the engagement a few episodes ago or something. Ah, well.

And I loved the Sue married herself. There was a story in the news a few weeks ago about a lady who married herself, so the shock was ruined a bit for me. But still, awesome. So Sue.

Last edited by merry18; November 24th, 2010 at 3:20 am.
Old November 24th, 2010, 3:15 am
Inconceivable!

I was wondering if they plan to bring in a kinder, gentler Sue, now. It will be interesting to see what they do with her character.

I liked the show except for the Finn and Kurt scenes at the wedding. They went a little too far with it. I have trouble picturing this happening in real life.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old November 24th, 2010, 2:00 pm
Rocket Scientist

I have really mixed feelings about this episode, sadly the first half hour bored me to tears, I thought it was awful, however the last half more than made up for the lacking first half of the show. Although i do agree with you Susan the kurt finn stuff was a little far fetched, I think the dancing took it a little to the unbelievable realm.

Im glad the glee club decided to stand up for kurt, im just sad it wasnt enough. Im really curious to see how this develops, no kurt in glee, and now he's the competition? It just wont be the same. I hope this isnt a permanent move, but I could see how they might be trying to branch out with other characters and other glee clubs. It might be interesting to have the show follow two glee clubs. But im not sure i want it at the expense of kurt leaving glee. Running from his problems doesnt seem much like kurt, but i can see how he was pushed beyond his limit. Curious to see where this goes. I hope this doesnt turn into a complete disaster.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old November 24th, 2010, 3:34 pm
Fifth Year

Well, I missed the previews for next week last night. But I watching the episode again with my sister this morning and merciful Zeus, Glee is doing Florence + the Machine! Officially cannot wait. If this Sectional's episode is even half as good as last season's than it's going to be amazing. Especially if they're doing Florence.

Old November 24th, 2010, 6:34 pm
First Year

Kurt transfering to Dalton should mean more Blaine, which is really great. But Kurt should be in New Directions so that is pretty sad. I think they will bring him back before the season is over, at least I hope so.

The wedding was way too rushed. Surely not even Kurt could throw a wedding in less than a week. As someone mentioned above, it would have been more proper if the proposal had been done a couple of episodes back.

I don't really like Finn's meekness. I hope that he will man up like he says he will. I wonder if the guys will try making Karofsky leave the school or something. That would be a nice way to bring Kurt back, I think.

Really didn't like Sue's mother and her singing. Didn't like Sue marrying herself either. Even though it fits her character.

Well, that's about it. I am really excited about the development in the next episode regarding Kurt.

Old November 24th, 2010, 6:39 pm
Fourth Year

Well, my impressions of Furt are similar to Lord Godric's. I liked it. I thought it was very emotional and had some sense of thoughtfulness into it. Needless to say, I cried. I know there's a fellow Hufflepuff that always seem to cry when I do, soooo let's wait for that confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post
[*]The wedding was done nice. I liked the walk down the aisle, but I thought it was weird that the kids were all the bridesmaids and groomsmen. "Furt" was hilarious and Finn's gesture was really nice.
This is specifically were I broke down: Furt. That was incredibly sweet, and it was very fulfilling to watch Finn reach the point were he felt it was impeding to let Kurt know what he means to him. That was awesome, because Finn is such not that person. The only person he has come close to be that way is Rachel, and well, she's his girlfriend.

Btw, I REALLY love Rachel and Finn. Just putting it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
I liked the show except for the Finn and Kurt scenes at the wedding. They went a little too far with it. I have trouble picturing this happening in real life.
I can see this... I guess I felt differently about it because I felt (1) Finn was trying to make a point, given what had been going on just before that day, specially with the dancing. (2) Glee has always been a heighten version of "reality" (which to me, it's an asset, one of my favorite things about the show), both in their characters' personalities and sometimes storyline. By now, I'd really have a hard time being bothered by not being able to picture a situation in real life. That's Glee in my book. As long as the episode have some kind of driving plot, I would gladly take what may seem like an excess.

Quote:
But, um, do weddings usually occur, like, within a week of the engagement? That felt a tad rushed...like they could have announced the engagement a few episodes ago or something. Ah, well.
Well, the parents had definitely reached a point on their lives where they were just ready for it, The parents aren't really the focus of the show. I really don't see dwelling on their business too much if it doesn't involve the teenagers. The suddenness of the whole thing did influence Finn's actions throughout the episode.

Quote:
[*]I completely understand why they moved Kurt's character to the other school, but I can't imagine he'll stay there for that long. It's going to be interesting to see him competing against them at Sectionals, even though that is next week (does that seem crazy to anyone else?)
All I could think about that was "MORE DARREN CRISS! YES, PLEASE!"
Quote:
He'll come back, though. I mean, he's kind of a main character so he has to eventually. And he can take Blaine with him back to McKinley. Please?

Question: did anyone find the promise ring thingy a bit ... creepy? 'Cause I did ...

“The ASP at Hogwarts”, “Hogwarts Staff Meeting” and “The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel)”: All by Inkwolf

Last edited by GinnyIsGenius; November 24th, 2010 at 6:47 pm.
Old November 24th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Squee-worthy

Yeah more Darren Criss is always good. There is a sneak peek of Dalton Academy's song for Sectionals out online and its just as good as "Teenage Dream" and of course there's plenty of Harry Po--I mean Darren Criss.

As for Quinn and Sam and the promise ring, it was nice, but I'm still not fully sold on their relationship. I still feel like they just met.

Old November 24th, 2010, 7:12 pm
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
As for Quinn and Sam and the promise ring, it was nice, but I'm still not fully sold on their relationship. I still feel like they just met.
yea they kind of did quinn said something about only knowing him 6 weeks.

Also just wanted to add this is the first time in a while i felt like Mr shue singing was appropriate and not out of place.

*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Old November 24th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
yea they kind of did quinn said something about only knowing him 6 weeks.
I think that's reason no.1 why it felt creepy to me. Then, they mentioned Matthew McConaughey. RIGHT ON. That was exactly how it felt. Awkwaaaaaaard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
Also just wanted to add this is the first time in a while i felt like Mr shue singing was appropriate and not out of place.

ETA: I just saw Darren Criss' Glee performance for next week. It's Train's Hey Soul Sister. And it's awesome! I try to stay away from spoilers until I watch the episode on TV, but I couldn't resist this time.

Hey Soul Sister

Last edited by GinnyIsGenius; November 24th, 2010 at 9:26 pm.
Old November 24th, 2010, 10:53 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyIsGenius View Post
ETA: I just saw Darren Criss' Glee performance for next week. It's Train's Hey Soul Sister. And it's awesome! I try to stay away from spoilers until I watch the episode on TV, but I couldn't resist this time.

Hey Soul Sister
Damn it Ginny, you made me watch! As if I needed to want the next episode more....

Darren is absolutely amazing. I love that he is going to be on more often. He really deserves this big break. Now I just hope that more StarKids will get some opportunities to shine somewhere, because the others deserves it too!

Old November 25th, 2010, 1:25 am
Fourth Year

I watched, you watch.

Old November 25th, 2010, 2:54 am
Squee-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kautta View Post
Damn it Ginny, you made me watch! As if I needed to want the next episode more....

Darren is absolutely amazing. I love that he is going to be on more often. He really deserves this big break. Now I just hope that more StarKids will get some opportunities to shine somewhere, because the others deserves it too!
He is officially a series regular now. And I read that he'll be on the show for the rest of the season and next season as well. So I definitely think this is his big break.

Old November 25th, 2010, 4:52 am
Hogwarts Graduate

This is the first episode of season two that I've actually liked

I think Kurt's school transfer is a good move provided that he still get's screen time.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives