Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

General Football Discussion v6

Old April 24th, 2012, 11:58 pm
Sixth Year

Re: General Football Discussion v6

Chelsea into the Champions League finals !!!! I'm dead chuffed; I really didn't think we'd make it this far. Di Matteo has done a simply splendid job as coach. I really thought we'd get hammered after they went 2-0 up. Amazing how we held on with 10 men against barca and it was icing on the cake when Torres scored.

Its funny how the last time we made it to the finals, it was under a caretaker coach who replaced a treble winning Portuguese one.

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2012, 6:41 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

An incredible end to the Premier League season.

Old May 14th, 2012, 12:00 am
First Year

Brilliant end to the premiership... Delighted to see Arsenal get third.

Oh, how I laughed when Aguero scored, and more importantly for myself... My team Celtic lifted the SPL trophy today after gubbing Hearts 5-0. Not quite as thrilling an end up here with all the shenanigans happening to our 'neighbours' across the river, but a fully deserved championship for Lennon and the team nonetheless.

Happy days!!

Wand: Rowan, 12 1/4", Unicorn Hair, Reasonably Supple

And the worst name on Pottermore goes to... ME!! SwordIce4637
Old May 14th, 2012, 5:02 pm
Sixth Year

Absolutely incredible finish. I don't think I'd have survived to see the finish if I was a City fan. At the end of the day, the Everton match and the 6 - 1 thrashing made all the difference for United.

Old May 15th, 2012, 4:37 pm
Fourth Year

i nearly didn't - I couldn't stand the tension - my daughter was bringing me updates....

When it went to 2-2 I had virtually no nails left...and when the final goal went in we ALL screamed (and I'm the only City fan - my husband and son are West Ham fans!)

And the look on Rooney's face when the Sunderland fans started cheering....... priceless!

Wolfsbrother - totally agree - if we'd only won 2-1 at Old Trafford it would have been a very different story - and thanks must go to Everton and Wigan for their help!

Old May 20th, 2012, 9:09 pm
Sixth Year

Champions of Europe !!

Amazing, amazing night. I thought it was all over when Muller scored after 80 minutes. After Drogba equalized (that man is a legend, always turns up for the big games) and Robben missed the penalty, I started believing that maybe, just maybe, this was written in the stars after all.

The penalties were nerve wracking to watch. I hadn't forgotten that night in Moscow and of all teams to be playing pens, it was a german side at their home ground in front of their supporters. Didn't start well with Mata missing. Cech was immense, guessed the right way for all the shots and I believe he got a touch on Schweinsteiger's (sp?) shot. Very fitting that Drogba scored the goal that won it.

Old May 21st, 2012, 12:07 am
Fourth Year

Cracking weekend in this house - first of all West Ham win the playoff and get back in the Premiership! Husband and son were playing cricket so at the end of the match I raced to the ground and stood on the boundary making signals to say that they had won 2-1!

And then today York City made it back into the Football League - after 8 years in the wilderness (sorry Blue Square Conference!).

It's been quite a week for york - last Saturday they won the FA Trophy final at Wembley - that's 2 Wembley wins in 8 days - not many teams can claim that!

Old May 21st, 2012, 1:44 am
Second Year

I'm a Man U/Spurs fan, but in all honesty, I didn't care if Spurs got the CL next season.
I was going for Chelsea, simply because I've learned to bear them and sort of feel a little sorry for them nowadays (only though cause I now hate Man City the most).
Good for Chelsea. They deserved it.

MCA, 1964-2012.
Do visit my My Immortal analysis: http://cwbpresentsmyimmortalanalysis.webs.com/
Old May 22nd, 2012, 8:50 am
Fourth Year

They did indeed deserve it - but John terry's antics at the end were a bit ....... disturbing!

Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:07 pm
Sixth Year

So its that time when Chelsea sack their coach. Seems to me that Abramovich was waiting for an opportunity to get rid of Di Matteo. The first bad month he's had as coach and he's fired. So now another stop-gap coach till Roman can get Guardiola. I think Roman is putting too much hopes on Guardiola based on his success at barcelona. No guarantee that he can replicate the style and success at chelsea. Better off waiting for Mourinho I think.

Not too happy with Benitez being the new coach. Seems to me that this is either a last ditch attempt to prevent Torres from turning into another one of Roman's expensive flops or Torres wanting to work with his old manager.

Old February 28th, 2015, 8:04 pm
Third Year

Found Premier league at the beginning of '13-'14 season. I've heard it was the best (most enjoyable) season to date. I certainly fell instantly in love with the entire league. I never watched before, but turned it on as I was eating something before going to bed Sept '13. MC was playing (can't remember who) but Aguero and Silva kept scoring and hugging each other. if I squeeze my brain I think they scored 5 goals that game, could be wrong. All the players were respectful.. it was fast paced and really fun to watch. I was shocked. I decided to record their next game, but quickly started recording Liverpool and MU games as well. Then just started watching all the league games on demand. I'm hooked. Still watching, but this season isn't what last season was.. that was magical.

I just watched the Liverpool vs South Hampton game this morning (from last weekend - I had DVRd it) Liverpool won 2-0. It was an okay game. Not the attraction that the team line-up had from last season though.. They just don't seem to mesh like they did, they could read each others minds, and the passing was jaw dropping (regardless of the Suarez situation, or lack of)

Fun stuff though. I bought my three fav teams jerseys from that first season I watched, it's fun to be out and about and find other fans.

Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:44 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Leicester City win the Premier League.

By far, the biggest shock I've ever seen in sport.

Amazing accomplishment.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports