Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Formula 1

Old March 15th, 2008, 4:05 pm
Eldest Gruff

Formula 1

Lewis Hamilton on the pole position for Melbourne, while Kimi Räikkönen has to start from position 15 due to his failed qualifying. Let the season begin...

All teams 2008Ferrari 1 Räikkönen 2 Massa ~ BMW Sauber 3 Heidfeld 4 Kubica ~ Renault 5 Alonso 6 Piquet ~ Williams 7 Rosberg 8 Nakajima ~ Red Bull 9 Coulthard 10 Webber ~ Toyota 11 Trulli 12 Glock ~ Toro Rosso 14 Bourdais 15 Vettel ~ Honda 16 Button 17 Barrichello ~ Super Aguri 18 Sato 19 Davidson ~ Force India 20 Sutil 21 Fisichella ~ McLaren 22 Hamilton 23 Kovalainen

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:20 am
Eldest Gruff

Re: Formula 1 - 2008 Season

So any opinions on Melbourne and Malaysia?

Harry Dresden.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:53 am
First Year

I've really enjoyed the start of the season this year. The action, for the most part *coughs* MM *coughs* has been on the track and lets hope thats where it stays.

I'll say out front here I'm not a LH fan, blame the commentators! I am a KR fan though, have been for years and NH who is just great. So from that point of view its been good to see Kimi doing well and Nick as well. The exclusion of the traction control has been fantastic, I love the fact its now back more in favour of the drivers talent than the machines brilliance.

Can't wait for the next race, Turkey, and I'm hoping that we see Heiki back and in good form.

Old July 6th, 2008, 9:49 pm
Eldest Gruff

Since Lewis Hamilton made such an exceptional race just today, I thought it could be time to dedust this thread. Anyone who wasn't impressed? It's not only a technical matter of rain it seems; he really just stayed very calm during a crazy situation.

So in second half of F1 we'll have four people being very close at the top right now. Great start for some really exciting races!

Harry Dresden.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 9:55 pm
Second Year

Great, exciting race today (R11, Hungary). Massa was desperatly unlucky, I really felt for him...

Personally, I'm an Alonso fan and it was a good race for him today. He (Renault) managed to keep Kimmi(Ferrari) behind him for 40-50 laps, eventually beaten by the speed of the pit stops.

Old August 4th, 2008, 3:21 pm
Seventh Year

I admit i missed most of the Hungarian GP...But I've watched bits of it on Youtube and i agree, Massa was so unlucky!! Yet again I felt sorry for Hamilton when his tyre punctured, but he did okay The start of the race was brilliant..I got so excited

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old August 4th, 2008, 7:09 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky View Post
I admit i missed most of the Hungarian GP...But I've watched bits of it on Youtube and i agree, Massa was so unlucky!! Yet again I felt sorry for Hamilton when his tyre punctured, but he did okay The start of the race was brilliant..I got so excited
Yeah, I agree about the start. I knew something was going to have to happen at the line because there is so few overtaking opportunities on that circuit. I just didn't expect Massa to just hit the zone. He was blisteringly fast for that whole race.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:13 pm
She Who Walks Behind

OK OMG what a race. In the last round!!! OMG

We were already cheering for Massa and that!!!!
I even didn't notice that Hamilton drove by, thought that 5th place must be a mistake. then I went home and they told me that Hamilton is champion. Ahhhhh

The End of the Dream.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:19 pm
Eldest Gruff

Woah - 9 posts for one season. We had a busy discussion here.

German TV comment spotted that Hamilton drove by, so we got to know it immediately. And obviously before Ferrari team since they were shown cheering shortly after. Poor guys.

Harry Dresden.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:25 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Yeah shocking. Thought about updating it to attract some posters.

I didn't follow F1 at all this year, but it was still exciting.
But I said Hamilton will win. Still poor Massa though. Was watching it together with my uncle and he didn't notice as well that Hamilton drove by. And he was screaming like mad and cheering, he was supporting Massa. Must go tomorrow and tease him.

The End of the Dream.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:57 am
do you want fries with that?

I miss watching the races. I must go find a clip on Youtube, it sounds like this race was interesting.

I'm pretty sad that Raikkonen had such a bad season, he is my favorite driver. And I'm most definitely not happy about Hamilton winning.

The Next Mesut Özil

(Although we must ignore the jersey)
Old November 3rd, 2008, 1:44 am
Qvack...

I. Never. Knew. We. Had. A. Thread. For. F1.
Somebody hit me for not checking sooner!!!!

, F1 is pretty much my favourite sport. Alas, this season was rather out of my reach as my father decided to cancel a subscription to Setanta (not because of F1, it had something to do with a ridiculous price increase... )

Regardless, all I can receive are text based reports of the races. Today I saw the highlights (lucky me!) of the Grad Prix.

I am so disappointed that Hamilton won it. . Fair dues to him, he's a good driver- but I wanted it to be Massa. He's my backup after Raikkonen, who is my favourite and has been for many years now.

It was such a disappointment for me to see that Hamilton, after losing his fifth place, got it back due to a gaffe by Toyota. A one point lead. That was it. So disappointing that it came down to something like that.

THE DUCK.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 5:54 pm
Eldest Gruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
I. Never. Knew. We. Had. A. Thread. For. F1.
Somebody hit me for not checking sooner!!!!
*hits*

Let's remember it next season again!

Harry Dresden.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 7:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertiekeddle View Post
*hits*

We must definitely remember it!!

The Next Mesut Özil

Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:16 pm
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertiekeddle View Post
*hits*

... Ow.

I can see myself next year talking about you and being like,

"Gertie hit me once.... It was awesome.."

I'm thinking of making a trip to one of the races next season.. I always say I will and get I never get there. next year might be my year. But first, I am so getting that subscription back....

THE DUCK.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
... Ow.

I can see myself next year talking about you and being like,

"Gertie hit me once.... It was awesome.."

I'm thinking of making a trip to one of the races next season.. I always say I will and get I never get there. next year might be my year. But first, I am so getting that subscription back....
My uncle (who lives in Germany) got invited by the McLaren team to go the German Grand Prix. He said it was one of the best experiences of his life, with the exception that the view is better on TV. . He has had the chance to meet several F1 drivers including Michael Shumacher, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen, and Heiki Kovalinen.

The Next Mesut Özil

Old November 10th, 2008, 1:49 am
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipro2003 View Post
My uncle (who lives in Germany) got invited by the McLaren team to go the German Grand Prix. He said it was one of the best experiences of his life, with the exception that the view is better on TV. . He has had the chance to meet several F1 drivers including Michael Shumacher, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen, and Heiki Kovalinen.
I could cry, I honestly could. Lucky!!! !!

I realise this season is over, but sure I can keep talking in the thread (now that I've found it..)Who were your high hopes for the season? Who did better than you thought they would? Who fared worse?

And do you think the system of sanctioning is a bit unfair? I hear a lot of people around here moaning about it, so it's worth asking.

THE DUCK.

Old November 10th, 2008, 5:14 pm
Mouse

I'm glad Lewis won because I think he deserved it. Massa is also a good driver and I think he's underated so it's nice to see him challenge for the title.

I really like Kubica, Bourdais and Vettell - I hope all of them will be able to challenge more next season. Although Vettel can't complain, maiden win in a Red Bull Jr. car!

Old November 10th, 2008, 5:18 pm

I'm a Raikkonen fan, and honestly, this just wasn't his season. I would have much preferred to see Massa win the title over Hamilton though.

I'm also a Kovalinen and Kubica fan. I was fortunate enough to be in Germany and actually get to watch the race he won on TV. I hate not being able to actually watch the races in the States. (Lack of TV in my house )

The Next Mesut Özil

Old November 10th, 2008, 9:48 pm
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I'm glad Lewis won because I think he deserved it. Massa is also a good driver and I think he's underated so it's nice to see him challenge for the title.

I really like Kubica, Bourdais and Vettell - I hope all of them will be able to challenge more next season. Although Vettel can't complain, maiden win in a Red Bull Jr. car!
I do think Lewis Hamilton deserved it. He worked hard for the last two years and he certainly deserved (and for the future, deserves) a lot of recognition for what he's done in the sport. He's proved that you can come from nowhere to take the lead- which is precisely what he did with smoothness, determination and a lot of courage. The comments aimed at him as a result of his win are appalling, as far as I'm concerned. He's a wonderful driver, without any doubt of it.

Vettell is a one to watch! I hadn't expected a lot of him, I have to say, I thought maybe another few seasons before he would get anywhere, though I had heard good things about him. I'm delighted that more and more newbies are coming through the ranks now that Schumacher has moved on. I have no objection to him, but for a long time, there was an unhealthy assumption that he would outright win everything- which was a rather monotonous prospect, so for me the sport is definitely looking up these past two seasons.

I was a bit surprised at Alonso this season, to be honest. I had expected him to be a very high contender for the crown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipro2003 View Post
I'm a Raikkonen fan, and honestly, this just wasn't his season. I would have much preferred to see Massa win the title over Hamilton though.

I'm also a Kovalinen and Kubica fan. I was fortunate enough to be in Germany and actually get to watch the race he won on TV. I hate not being able to actually watch the races in the States. (Lack of TV in my house )
I just feel terrible for Massa at this stage. I can't even think how he must have felt, to have his dream taken away so swiftly- I bet it was a total nightmare for him!

I'm also a Raikkonen fan- and I'm going to ignore your luck and splendour in actually being at one of the races, which is, to date, one of those things on my "to do" list...

THE DUCK.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports