Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

A Dursley Does Magic

Old August 8th, 2007, 7:57 am
First Year

A Dursley Does Magic

This story is completely my own. I do not claim the characters, they are in fact the wonderful creations of Mrs JK Rowlings, I am just writing this story for fun. This is my first, OK second try at fanfic, but I doubt that I will ever post the first one, I am not that brave and feel safer with this one

Chapter One ~ Dursley's DO do magic!
Charity was special. She knew that because her Dad always said so. And at the age of eleven she was finding out just why is she special. OK she was finding MORE about why she was special. She knew, but until this moment, it seemed a joke and that she would never be lucky enough for it to be true. But it was. A letter had arrived today, for her, by OWL no less, welcoming her to Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It came addressed to
Miss Charity Dursley
Pink Bedroom ~ Top Floor Right.
Number 5, Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey, England.
She was most excited to have received this letter, although along time ago, her Mum and Daddy (along with her Uncle Harry, as she called him because it bugged Grandpa Vernon so very much!) had told her that this was likely to happen. She Charity, had show at a very early age that she had magical powers, sometime her Mum and Dad where very proud of. Now GrandParent Dursley's where a different story. The first time she had shown any sign of magic, her Grandmother Petunia rushed her over to her parents house and exclaimed that Charity was possessed and she needed attending to at once. But it just so happened that Daddies cousin Harry, yes Harry Potter, was visiting, and that fact had gone unnoticed by Grandma Tooney (as Charity loved to call her) until Harry had asked what exactly she meant. Well Grandma Tooneys eye widen and without a word, she slammed out the door. Harry then looked at Mum and Dad and they all proceeded to try to explain to a confused but interested Charity what was likely to have happened.

Charity sighed at the happy memories. One being when Daddy and Mum had gone over to tell G&G Dursley. Charity had never seen her grandfather go so red before. And without even thinking, her grandfather shouted, "How is this possible?? She, she can't be a freak!!" Charity had also never seen her Dad so angry before. He yelled at Grandpa, with Grandma and her horsey face looking between them all. Mum had gathered Charity up and returned home, with Daddy returning not long after and saying that they where not to go near Charity anymore. Well the next day Charity received many many gifts and Mum and Dad suddenly had a brand new car. Charity had heard her parents arguing about it, with Mum saying that they where trying to buy them. Daddy had laughed and said let them, Charity was what she was and he for one was very very proud of her. Charity had been very happy to hear Daddy say that, but was confused why G&G Dursley where always buying her stuff if only she would stop the scary stuff. Charity had no idea what they meant, but promised she would, only to get more gifts the next time something different or special happened. She had learned to use it to her advantage. Charity had many many things, so much that she had another bedroom just for her stuff. She didn't want or need the gifts she got, but still she got them and what she wanted, when she wanted something, too. Some of the things Charity gave to friends. She had a lot of those. Although as far as she knew they where all muggles and that idea scared her a bit as she would have no one at her new school.

A week before Charity was to go to school, Uncle Harry came to take her shopping. Auntie Ginny was with him as well and looked very cute with her very pregnant belly. Charity wanted to buy the baby a toy, but there wasn't a normal toy store for her to shop in. She had some magic money (she always got the names wrong, it was still confusing for her) that Uncle Harry and Auntie Ginny had given her and she was excited to buy something with it. But as they shopped, she saw a store that looked like it might be toys and asked if they could go in there. Charity was in awe of the store and all it's wonders. She decided on the neatest gift for the baby. A magic wand for babies. It couldn't do anything major, just little things like make the room the baby was in become a garden or an underwater world. Auntie Ginny loved it and started to cry, but Uncle Harry gave Charity a mock whisper, saying that Auntie Ginny did that a lot right now and it was because of the baby, Auntie Ginny had taken a gentle swipe at Uncle Harry and laughed and they spent a wonderful day shopping at Diagon Alley.

September first arrived on a bright and cheerful day. Charity was so excited she was up at 4 in the morning, trunks packed, robes on and her new kitty Alley ready to go in her cage. When she went downstairs, Mum and Dad laughed at her and told her to go upstairs and change into her muggle clothes, until they had reached the train at least. Finally it was time to go and with her Aunt and Uncle with them, they made it to Kings Cross and onto Platform 9 and 3/4. Charity was so excited she was almost jumping up and down. She said good bye to her Mum and Dad, promising to write all the time, and gave Uncle Harry and Auntie Ginny a stern look and made them promise to write as soon as they had the baby. Then she kissed them good bye, and Mum and Dad again and boarded the Hogwarts Express and was finally away to the excitement and adventures awaiting her.

Please feel free to leave me feedback I'll post the link in a minute OK Here it is LINK!!

(> < )
This is Lord Bunnymort. Copy him into your sig and help him take over the world!!!

Last edited by CrimsonFire; August 8th, 2007 at 9:59 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2007, 4:43 am
First Year

Re: A Dursley Does Magic

Chapter Two ~ The Hogwarts Express

Charity sat in an empty compartment. She was so excited that she didn't even care that she was alone. There was so much to see, both outside and in. So many people, her new classmates and also she suspected, a few Teachers here and there. She was staring intently out the window that she didn't even hear the door to the compartment open.

"Can I sit here? Everywhere else full"

Charity jumped at the voice and turned to see the prettiest girl she had ever seen. Long black shiny hair that had a nice wave to it. She had startling blue eyes and the smallest mouth Charity had ever seen. Actually it dawned on her that this was perhaps the smallest person she has ever seen, other than kids.

"Sure you can" Charity said, flashing the new girl a smile. "I'm Charity by the way" she said, looking over the girl again.

"Hi Charity, sorry I startled you, my name is Eva." she said as she made her way in and sat down. "Are you first year too?"

"Yes, I am" Charity laughed, "do I look like one?" She said a little worried.

"No no, I was just hoping you where, because we might be in the same houses or classes together."

Just then, the door opened again and there stood a figure that Charity knew well.

"Hi Teddy" She exclaimed

"Hi squirt" He replied. Today his hair was scarlet and gold to match his house colors. His eyes where black, but flashed to the same blue as he looked at Eva. "Hi' I'm Teddy, Teddy Lupin" He said, flashing a smile. Eva smiled at him but seemed to be too shy to reply. He shrugged and turned back to Charity.

"I promised Uncle Harry that I would check on you, make sure you are OK. He gave me something really cool, Here." here reached into his robe and pulled out an old looking coin. "Now don't confuse this with all your real ones" He said with a wink, handing it to her. "You just touch it with your wand and tell it what you want" He proceeded to touch the other one he was holding and whispered. The coin that Charity had in my hand glowed bright blue and the words, Hi Squirt appeared on it.

"Wow cool" She said, still looking at the coin. Eva had leaned forward to look to and was staring at Teddy with real interest. "Is this like the ones Auntie Hermione made for the DA?" She asked, looking at Teddy again.

He gave a laugh and winked at her. "The one and same. Just use it anytime night or day and I will find you. Try to keep it short; it gets hard to read if you say too much to it." He laughed again and went into the hall. "See yeah Squirt. Be good today and don't fall into the lake!" He laughed at the look on the girls faces and was off to find his friends.

"Wow" Eva said "He's really cool"

Charity laughed and looked down the hall, she had never really thought about Teddy being cool or not, but since she grew up with him, he just seemed like normal Teddy to her. Eva was still looking awed and glancing at the coin. Charity held it up and handed it to her. "Maybe he has another and you can have one too" She said, "I'll ask him when we get to the school" Eva laughed at the idea, but didn't say anything, just stared out the window.

It was quiet for a while, and then Eva looked at Charity. "Who are Uncle Harry and Auntie Hermione?" She said, looking very interested "Are they married to each other?"
Charity laughed at the idea. Harry and Hermione? Together. She giggled again. "No Uncle Harry is married to Auntie Ginny. She used to be Ginny Weasley, the best seeker the Holyhead Harpies ever had, but now they are having a baby, so she stays on the ground. Auntie Hermione is married to Ron Weasley, Uncle Ron and they both work at the Ministry of Magic" She finished off explaining and looked at Eva. But the look on Eva’s face made Charity stop. "What, what is wrong?" She asked, looking rather scared. Eva had stood up and started getting her things. "Wait" cried Charity, "What is wrong?!?"

Eva sighed. She sat down hard on the bench and placed her head in her hands and started to cry. Charity had no idea what was wrong, but she was worried that her new friend was so unhappy and that she, Charity might have caused her to be sad. After a while, Eva looked up and said "You won't want to be my friend when you find out who I am" Charity looked very confused at that statement but waited for Eva to continue. "My Mom was Bellatrix Lestrange, the death eater. Both her and my Dad where ones. When they died I went to a muggle family that knew me, but not my parents and I lived with them until now. My birth mother" Eva spit out with venom "had me while they were on the run. They moved to a little town in Ireland and the people next door befriended me because my parents left me for days on end. They didn't mind muggles watching their unwanted daughter, while they were off killing them. That is what they were doing when they died. They got trapped by the Aurors who set them up and they both died. I was six when it happened and I was so happy. My family took me in at once and I have been happy ever since." Eva finished her story and waited for Charity to erupt.

"My Uncle Harry says that just because a person’s parents are evil doesn't mean the whole family is. Look at him. He lived with my Dad growing up and they were terrible to him. He lived in a closet in the front hall, I use to play in there and it was so small. When he got his Hogwarts letter, they gave him a room, but only because they were afraid of him and his magical friends. Then one day He saved my Dad and from then on my Dad looked at Harry with a new look. Oh he never let his Mum and Dad know, they would have thought that Harry had put a spell on them, but once Harry saved the magical world, he went to tell the family that they where free and that they would be safe. That is when my Dad started really talking with him, and spending time together. They got to be real friends and when my Mom came along she was friends with all of them too. So just because the parents are bad, the child isn't. And I know you are not bad" Charity looked at Eva with a smile. She hoped her story would get Eva to realize that she wanted to be friends with her and she didn't care that her parents where bad people!

"Oh Charity Really?? You really mean that??" Eva said her eyes very bright and full of more tears. But this time they were tears of joy. "I am so scared that I will get sorted into Slytherin, and that people will hate me for it" She said looking scared again. But Charity shook her head.

"You won't" She said "But even if you do, you can always do the resort later when you are a little older." Eva looked confused, so Charity Explained "You can be resorted if you feel that the house you got put in isn't for you. You can even go tonight and not get sorted at all. You can wait and go see the Head Mistress whenever to have it done" Eva looked very relieved at the news, but Charity continued on "But I know you won't be sorted there, we'll be in the same house, I know that for sure!"

Eva hoped that Charity was right, and that they would be in the same house, but she was still scared about everything she had told Charity. But instead of dwelling on the what-if's she helped Charity get her robes and get ready for their arrival at the station.

(> < )
This is Lord Bunnymort. Copy him into your sig and help him take over the world!!!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts