Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Castle

Old January 13th, 2017, 7:31 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I think the Bones crew didn't care for about four years and left ugly stupid cliffhangers that trimmed the audience. Maybe they got back to quality after that, but the damage was done by then, at least for me.
I like the idea of Bones, but the execution is so annoying to me. They don't really understand very bright people. And the degree to which problem-solving stuff just gets pulled out of nowhere (I was going to write something else other than "nowhere," but it's a family forum) is on the level of post–Season-2 Numbers. At least on Castle the technology isn't magic (mostly—surveillance cameras work better than they really do, but that's a problem for every show, it seems).

I miss Castle, and what they did is definitely better than continuing on to Season 9 without Beckett, but the slapdash nature of the final moments really killed it. I mean, even if this was a situation like "We only have three days to make the season finale into a series finale," the execution (again) was awful. I have to think there was a better way to do it and still not incur high production costs. Just don't have that guy come back. That was gratuitous.

Cornets acoustiques et de glace!

Pottermore Beta Tester, First Batch (2011-08-15)
ChaserQuaffle211
Ravenclaw (about what I expected)
14-1/2 inches, redwood with phoenix feather core, brittle
Russian blue cat
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2017, 4:53 am
Curse Breaker

It felt like (and a few of us posted this at the time) they had the season finale with the continuation into the next season---that infernal bloody handclasp where you're sure Beckett is on the way out and Castle's in jeopardy. Then it became a series finale and they seriously considered just leaving it that way. And at the last possible second they realized the loyal fans who'd stuck with them through straight out of the ground "spouses" and unbelievable disappearances and alternate dimensions and and AND...would barbecue them if they didn't at least try for a happy ending. So they gave us 90 seconds or so at a bare minimum of effort and expense and expected the fanbase to thank them instead of being outraged. Nope. Sorry.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 5:49 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
It felt like (and a few of us posted this at the time) they had the season finale with the continuation into the next season---that infernal bloody handclasp where you're sure Beckett is on the way out and Castle's in jeopardy. Then it became a series finale and they seriously considered just leaving it that way. And at the last possible second they realized the loyal fans who'd stuck with them through straight out of the ground "spouses" and unbelievable disappearances and alternate dimensions and and AND...would barbecue them if they didn't at least try for a happy ending. So they gave us 90 seconds or so at a bare minimum of effort and expense and expected the fanbase to thank them instead of being outraged. Nope. Sorry.
^ This. Exactly. Nope sorry guys. You showed what you really thought and then tried to slap something on at the end. Didn't work.

Quote:
I think the Bones crew didn't care for about four years and left ugly stupid cliffhangers that trimmed the audience. Maybe they got back to quality after that, but the damage was done by then, at least for me.
Yea up to when Emily got pregnant, then things moved and they had the characters grow more. Sometimes outside events influence a show. I'm glad it did, as I was getting tired of the foot dragging.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 3:04 pm
Curse Breaker

The rumors about Nat Fillion's set horror have stained my memory of Firefly and Castle. I hope the stuff that got reported was overblown. It's interesting that James Patterson has come out with his own version of a Castle-esque dynamic in the last few years and that it's been adapted into a television show this spring. And the ones who got upset were Bones fans.

Are the forums really closing again?

Forgot to mention--Mr. Fillion has landed on his feet again. He's in another police dramedy as the oldest rookie on patrol in a major city.

Last edited by jordmundt6; May 23rd, 2018 at 3:12 pm.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 3:54 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
The rumors about Nat Fillion's set horror have stained my memory of Firefly and Castle. I hope the stuff that got reported was overblown. It's interesting that James Patterson has come out with his own version of a Castle-esque dynamic in the last few years and that it's been adapted into a television show this spring. And the ones who got upset were Bones fans.

Are the forums really closing again?

Forgot to mention--Mr. Fillion has landed on his feet again. He's in another police dramedy as the oldest rookie on patrol in a major city.
I wouldn't worry about the Fillion rumors too much, as it was 2 anonymous supposedly "insider" sources, and Stana Katic never gave an indication of a problem. You don't need to get along with every fellow actor on a film/show. You're paid to play a character, not become best friends. My guess would be that ABC didn't want to continue paying the big salaries, especially when they could see the show was nearing its end.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old June 27th, 2018, 3:04 pm
Curse Breaker

I think a couple of the executive producers of Castle are trying to recapture the magic. A summer series starring Rachel Bilson and Eddie Cibrian where they basically flip the gender roles. She's a tv star of a long-running cop drama who turned to alcohol and bad behavior when

1. Her show ended unexpectedly and
2. Her fiancé left her after being caught cheating.

After getting out of rehab, she's offered a role as a PI in a summer action film and decides to do research by shadowing

Him. One of the most talented PIs in LA who has spent the last few years taking small cases and keeping a low profile after a protectee he saw as a surrogate sister was murdered on his watch. Oh and he's a big fan of the actress and her axed show (not that he'd admit it).

How to bring these two together? His ex is her agent. Yay!

*sigh*

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television