Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Would Voldemort come back as a ghost?

Old July 10th, 2007, 4:37 am
First Year

Re: Would Voldemort come back as a ghost?

This is just part of the idea of if he dies (which I don't think he will--there are things worse than death). I think he would come back as a ghost, but where he would haunt would be the question. The Ministry of Magic has the power to tell ghosts to stop haunting certain people (as they did with Moaning Myrtle) and I think Voldemort would end up haunting either the Riddle residence or the Gaunt's home, thereby not really bothering anyone.

Old July 10th, 2007, 4:53 am
First Year

Well Peeves can touch things because he is a poltergeist. It's all the question of how much of a soul you need to become a ghost. Also since ghosts can only exist in areas they spent much of their life in, where will LV roam?

Also regarding LV being kissed by a Dementor: allegedly once one has lost the soul, one sits there uncaring. LV could die by starvation if he becomes something similar to a vegetable. I don't have the Lupin quote with me to check for sure, but I believe that their lack of action was stated.

Old July 11th, 2007, 9:59 pm
Third Year

Cool idea that he'd avoid death in the end by being a ghost. But as we learned from Myrtle, the Ministry can manipulate ghosts, as she was forced to live at Hogwarts. So L.V. as a ghost could be captured and imprisoned in the Department of Mysteries for instance.

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:58 am
Fifth Year

Dumbledore said the Voldemort was scared of death, which is why he tried to become immortal. I thought that being scared of death was what made some people come back as ghosts. I HOPE that he would not come back as a ghost, and in fact I can't see that happening at all.

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 12th, 2007, 9:35 am
Third Year

As RemusLupinFan mentioned, Voldemort would come back as a ghost, he is a cowardly Slytherin who is scared to death (excuse the pun) of death. If he became a ghost I think it would be fitting that he would haunt some Muggle place! or perhaps he could replace Peeves. I don't think he will come back as a ghost in the story - what possible effect could it have on the storyline?

He has used Horcruxes, but the ghost is an image of the soul, as such surely if Voldemort still has his soul in his body he can be put on to a ghost... it would just be a fairly disgusting mutilation of a human soul that we see - possibly a poltergeist or something.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies